IGNORED

Roberts Family: Fundie Hipsters but still Fundies

freethemall

Norma had her first two children a year apart. I’m glad there’s no visible bump in in those pictures so now there will be a longer gap between pregnancies. You know what would be really awesome? If these people changed their beliefs on birth control. That would be greeaaaat. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Norma carried so small with her first two children that she might already be pregnant again. Although this would at least mean a larger age gap between #2 and #3. 

John and Campbell probably will be pregnant ASAP. A lot of new Morton wives on the compound to procreate: Kennedy, super fertile Alyssa and now Campbell. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Norma had her first two children a year apart. I’m glad there’s no visible bump in in those pictures so now there will be a longer gap between pregnancies. You know what would be really awesome? If these people changed their beliefs on birth control. That would be greeaaaat. 

Willa was born in June 2016 and Thea in January 2018, so they’re a year and 7 months apart. She announced her second pregnancy in September, when Willa was a year and three months. Since Thea is only 9 months old, she could still have a smaller gap between Thea and the next one if she announces soon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Willa was born in June 2016 and Thea in January 2018, so they’re a year and 7 months apart. She announced her second pregnancy in September, when Willa was a year and three months. Since Thea is only 9 months old, she could still have a smaller gap between Thea and the next one if she announces soon. 

Thanks, I was thinking they were closer in age. They look close in age but her older daughter may just be a tiny one. 

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks, I was thinking they were closer in age. They look close in age but her older daughter may just be a tiny one. 

I see what you mean, plus they look a lot alike. I think people are gonna mistake them for twins all the time

• Upvote 2

On 11/2/2018 at 2:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Willie: was in a relationship with a gorgeous girl named Molly who I believe recently graduated as a physicians assistant.

That's interesting.  PAs get a four-year degree plus 2-years post grad MA.  Are these folks into higher education for girls?  Or even boys?

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

That's interesting.  PAs get a four-year degree plus 2-years post grad MA.  Are these folks into higher education for girls?  Or even boys?

I don’t believe the Roberts family are that into college. That’s partly why I thought Molly was too good for him. She’s highly educated and he’s not. I’m not saying differently educated people are incompatible. But I imagine she’s not going to be his broodmare if she is going through all that schooling to be a PA. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, caitrona said:

Am I remembering correctly that back in days of the Morton blog, the family would only allow the carefully choreographed Virginia reels & such?  *shaking my head*  That's a LONG way from current-ish hip white people nae nae's & whips.  Too bad their beliefs haven't evolved along with.

Yes, that was back during the Smith years. Further showing what I firmly believe - Papa Morton is a follower, not a leader. Now that he is coziest with the hip Roberts & Campanas, rather than the Smiths, he & his family do what the their families do. There used to be the Morton New Years "ball", where unmarried people could only dance with same sex partners or family members. But, they were all dressed up ala' Vision Forum style. Not so coincidental, those were the years they went to VF father/daughter retreats and the film festival, etc. Even then, he was trying to find the "right" way to be but was influenced by a bunch of sources that seemed to muddy the waters for him. 

It's bad enough to be patriarchal & fundie but what a head trip it does on your family when you jump around to suit the latest group you're "in" with. I know the Roberts & Campanas were around when the S'Mortons were going strong, but their kids were all little - no marriages on the horizon.  

Mostly, they've all altered their outward appearances to some degree while remaining religious bigots with control issues.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Plus Pa Morton has married off most of his kids. As fundies say, they are in another season of life. The kids running around are grandkids, not their own kids. The only unmarried kids they have left are a 15 year old, 17 year old, and Adeline. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus Pa Morton has married off most of his kids. As fundies say, they are in another season of life. The kids running around are grandkids, not their own kids. The only unmarried kids they have left are a 15 year old, 17 year old, and Adeline. 

How old is Addie at this point? Like 28? That's such a big difference with the teenagers in their world to not be married. I understand that the whole unmarried SAHD thing has become a thing among Duggars (the Maxwells and Duggars have perfected it) but I don't see the point when there's no little siblings running around. Though I guess with the Maxwell it means they are now SAH-aunts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, freethemall said:

How old is Addie at this point? Like 28? That's such a big difference with the teenagers in their world to not be married. I understand that the whole unmarried SAHD thing has become a thing among Duggars (the Maxwells and Duggars have perfected it) but I don't see the point when there's no little siblings running around. Though I guess with the Maxwell it means they are now SAH-aunts.

I’m starting to wonder if Addie has seen all that has gone on with her sisters and sisters in law and doesn’t want that life for herself. It’s pretty likely that she will immediately start popping out a baby every 12-18 right after marriage. And she could be left high and dry like her sister Katie if the marriage falls apart. If I had been born into that family, it’s likely I would have been the Addie or Jana. I didn’t grow up fundie yet I married and had kids way later than my siblings. 

• Upvote 1

I think that at this point, Addie is permanently Katie's co-parent. She's posted pics on IG of her "homeschooling" Katie's kids. Whether she ever wants(ed) marriage or not doesn't seem to be relevant. Once Katie brought her 8 kids back to the compound and Ma & Pa Morton brought their remaining un marrieds back from Paraguay, Addie's role seems to have been defined. The boys at home - Paul & Edwin, now - - John before he hooked up with Campbell six months ago - sure as hell aren't going to do woman's work and care for kids. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

How old is Addie at this point? Like 28?

She’s 27.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Something happened to Father Morton and to a lesser extent Mother Morton. They were so vocal and public about their beliefs and now...nothing in public. Maybe they are still waving the patriarchal stick in real life but I suspect that something burned them away from public statements. Perhaps it was Katie , perhaps a health issue. I'm not privy to any insider information so this is 100% speculation on my part.

In any case, I think the younger set talk about religion but not so much in a fundie way but in the way racist Trump supporters do i.e. they say they follow the commandments and talk about Jesus but hey what's a bit of beer or grabbing or cheating or lying or just being nasty anyway. So trendy clothes, dancing, drinking are in and what is left of their code of behaviour is just plain old misogyny and racism. I won't be surprised if a few wedding photos pop up with some doing the white power sign.

edited: forgot a word

Edited by browngrl
  • Upvote 8

Norma posted that Willa tripped on the rug and broke her femur. Is this normal for a baby? I thought femurs were hard to break but maybe toddlers don’t have strong bones? I’m honestly asking because I don’t know. 

• Sad 5

Norma posted that Willa tripped on the rug and broke her femur. Is this normal for a baby? I thought femurs were hard to break but maybe toddlers don’t have strong bones? I’m honestly asking because I don’t know. 

Children's bones are more difficult to break when they're that young. The younger they are the more cartilage their bones have rather than bony matrix, so they take more pressure before breaking. A broken bone in a toddler usually requires a DHS visit to evaluate for abusive situations because it takes so much force for the bone to break.

However, it can happen by accident.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

A few weeks ago Willa had a black eye from "falling" now this. I hope it is all co-incidence.
Oh no. That's not good. I really hope someone does come out to officially make sure all is well.
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Oh no!!! This gives me a really strange feeling in my stomach. I really really really hope that this is all bad coincidence and that poor little Willa will be fine again soon!!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Norma just posted a story and Willa is clearly in a hospital and looks like she has had some treatment - which is a relief. Doctors and nurses are mandatory reporters and I'm sure if there was any concern - someone would have raised a red flag. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Since there isn’t a Campana thread, I’ll just leave this here. Jeremiah Campana is so immature. He’s blowing up a feminist cartoon, waving a big ass flag and wearing a MAGA hat. All I can do is roll my eyes. His troll behavior is pathetic. 

3801DB55-F948-437B-A5F1-40A17423B86F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 1