IGNORED

Is Dougie getting deep about the life of Steve Jobs....

Love

Or just using his death to brag about how many fancy Apple products he owns?

www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2011/10/9697/

Sixth, the death of Steve Jobs reminds us that to be wise we must understand the times—our technological times. We live in a world in which technology tends to master men, not the other way around. Furthermore, technology is so ubiquitous that it is nearly inescapable. That means we better become the masters of it. Ironically, Jobs may not have written his own epitaph or obituary, but he made the tools for disseminating them. The death of Steve Jobs may be the first time in history when it could be said that most people on earth learned about the demise of a leader on a device created by the leader himself. In fact, at this moment I am writing you a blog on a computer that Steve Jobs designed, having just spoken to my wife on my iPhone 4, and having earlier today home educated one of my children with a teaching aid on an iPad which Jobs introduced to the world less than two years ago. His technological and marketing fingerprints have become ubiquitous.

But don't worry. He says not to worship the man and even though this man invented some cool shit, he is probably going to hell...

Finally, there is no evidence of which I am aware from the public record of Steve Jobs that he knew Christ or biblically sought to honor God. I hope that I am wrong. But if I am not, then this means that while he accomplished much in his life, none of it matters for eternity as far as his own soul is concerned. Zero. In other words, it is possible to lead a very successful life and even to be a tool of mercy for others used in the hands of God, and yet none of your philanthropies or business accomplishments earn you one moment in Heaven.

And another layer is added to Doug's Rules For A Christian Life: just having a bad haircut, 1890s clothes, at least five children, a wife who never says anything, and no sense of humour isn't enough, now you need at least three Apple gadgets too. Hope all his church families can afford it!

So my very favorite part of Dougie's post is his interpretation of history.

He was the CEO of Pixar who gave the world some of the more memorable digital films in history.

History? Really? Pixar? It doesn't seem old enough to be considered history quite yet, no?

Guest Anonymous
Or just using his death to brag about how many fancy Apple products he owns?

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/d ... 1/10/9697/

But don't worry. He says not to worship the man and even though this man invented some cool shit, he is probably going to hell...

I guess this means that those who go to hell can expect that Satan has cornered the market on IPods, IPhones, IPads and MacAirs, while those who go to heaven will have to make do with circa-1986, 286-class clunkers. Gee, Dougie, way to make heaven look appetizing!

History? Really? Pixar? It doesn't seem old enough to be considered history quite yet, no?

What? He watched non Christian movies? Visibly he hasn't been saved or grace would not let him watch such movies!

Doug quotes Jobs' authorized biographer on one of the last times the biographer ever spoke with Jobs:

As a writer, I was used to being detached, but I was hit by a wave of sadness as I tried to say goodbye. In order to mask my emotion, I asked the one question that was still puzzling me: Why had he been so eager, during close to 50 interviews and conversations over the course of two years, to open up so much for a book when he was usually so private? “I wanted my kids to know me,†he said. “I wasn’t always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did.

And Doug concludes:

Jobs won the world, but he needed a writer to reach out to his children on his behalf.

And why was that? Because he was dying before he had a chance to talk wtih his children as adults (they are 13, 16, 20 and 33) and to explain himself.

This is something that the lucky dads get to do in their slowing-down years, when the kids are adults and have begun to realize that Dad was pretty smart, after all. The only one of Jobs' kids to be at that age is the eldest, Lisa.

The really unlucky dads are the ones who work long hours and die young. They are without a biographer to write the book with an eye toward how the children will be reading it.

You know the people who interest me most, in Steve Jobs' life? Mr. and Mrs. Jobs, the elder. Dismissed in most write-ups as solid, working-class folks, they evidently had something special, to raise a genius, grounding him so that he would live life in such a way that his great brain would be able to achieve to the maximum.

Mr. and Mrs. Jobs, the elder, who fed, clothed, rewarded, punished and generally loved up their son, giving over their garage for his tinkering visions.

A self-described amateur Apple historian reports:

They are private people, so I'm only pulling public information here.

Paul Reinhold Jobs was born November 27, 1922 in Wisconsin. [1] His mother's maiden name was Nichalous. He was a machinist and did not graduate from high school. [2] He died March 5, 1993 (70 years). (For reference, a month earlier, NeXT pulled out of the hardware business and became NeXT Software Inc., firing half of its employees.)

Clara Jobs was born August 23, 1924 in New Jersey. Her maiden name was Hagopian, and her mother's maiden name was Artinian. She died November 7, 1986 (62 years). (This was a year after Steve resigned from Apple and started NeXT.)

They adopted Patti (Patricia A.) after Steve. She was born in 1957, and married in 1975.

The family lived in Los Altos (Santa Clara, CA). This was Steve's childhood home [3]:

2066 Crist Drive, Los Altos, CA [4]

Steve started Apple in this garage on April 1, 1976. I don't know if his parents ever moved, but they lived in Los Altos until their deaths.

Source: http://www.quora.com/Steve-Jobs/What-is ... ve-parents

Seems to me that Doug should be looking at Paul and Clara, may they rest in peace, for lessons to teach his attentive flock.

If Steve is going to Hell, he would be in Limbo, where the Virtuous Pagans resign. And if Dougie is gonna go to Hell, he would be in the 6th Circle of Hell, the Circle of Heresy, where he would be in flaming tombs.

Note: I don't believe this, but I just love Dante's Inferno

Of course Doug knows who is going to heaven and who isn't! He can completely comprehend the mind of God and all of the spiritual world. He knows what the philosophers of old were searching for! He knows what the meaning of life is. He knows everything about the human mind and soul. He is really full of the knowledge that God has!

He's practically GOD!

Of course Doug knows who is going to heaven and who isn't! He can completely comprehend the mind of God and all of the spiritual world. He knows what the philosophers of old were searching for! He knows what the meaning of life is. He knows everything about the human mind and soul. He is really full of the knowledge that God has!

He's practically GOD!

I stand corrected then, He would be in the 9th Circle of Traitors, frozen to bits.

He's practically GOD!

Sadly, he is not the only "Christian" to appoint himself judge and jury.

This link is a discussion about Steve Jobs from a Christian homeschool forum that I lurk on. Many (not all) of the good Christian moms say the same as Doug.

chfweb.net/index.php?t=msg&th=77025&start=0&S=3d723f2c932aa2a783e1b89f1d2ec488

Drives me crazy.

Memorable might not be the right word. Groundbreaking probably is.

Memorable might not be the right word. Groundbreaking probably is.

Yes! Exactly my point. They aren't the most memorable. These were the very FIRST!

I can't wait for the 25th anniversary of Toy Story. Dougie and his MEN can do a reenactment!

I guess this means that those who go to hell can expect that Satan has cornered the market on IPods, IPhones, IPads and MacAirs, while those who go to heaven will have to make do with circa-1986, 286-class clunkers. Gee, Dougie, way to make heaven look appetizing!

You mean I can't bring my iPod to Heaven with me??? With all of my evil, satanic rock music? :banana-rock:

Guest Anonymous

You mean I can't bring my iPod to Heaven with me??? With all of my evil, satanic rock music? :banana-rock:

If it's any consolation (not much, I know) I can't either.

Le sigh. I hate when I hit the wrong "submit" button.

:violin:

Here's some other info on Jobs that Doug would do well to ponder:

http://www.tecca.com/news/2011/10/05/8- ... teve-jobs/

Excerpts:

Jobs was born in San Francisco on February 24, 1955. He was adopted shortly after his birth and reared near Mountain View, California by a couple named Clara and Paul Jobs. His adoptive father — a term that Jobs openly objected to — was a machinist for a laser company and his mother worked as an accountant.

Emphasis added. There's some multigenerational loyalty, Doug!!!

...Jobs enrolled in Reed College in 1972.

Jobs stayed at Reed (a liberal arts university in Portland, Oregon) for only one semester, dropping out quickly due to the financial burden the private school's steep tuition placed on his parents.

His parents reportedly made a signed, legal promise to send the boy to college as a condition of adopting him from his bio-mom. They fulfilled their part of the deal and Steve, apparently out of concern for his folks' financial situation, opted out for that reason. Please note, Doug, the honoring of the mother and the father!!!

None of this denies the facts of his out-of-marriage sexual activity, his initial denial of Lisa as his daughter, his drug use and lies and ruthless business decisions. But if Doug is going to tsk-tsk over a dead person's religion, he might also point to the good examples in the deceased's life.

Big Daddy Junebug taught me never to speak ill of the dead. But then BDJB was a feminist and a (gasp) Lutheran. Learn, Doug, learn.

To get even deeper than Dougie, all good people die with regrets. It is only the cruel and/or closed minded who think that they have been perfect. Maybe Jobs regretted not spending time with his children, maybe not. Those are his private woes.

(I am watching a documentary right now that uses Mozart's Requiem as the score, so that is coloring my appraisal of the situation. It is so regretful, very different from the anger in Verdi's Requiem.)

Archived