IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

It blows my mind that this whole f*ckimg family operates like Vision Forum never existed. Like their screwed-up patriocentric pretend Christianity didn’t ruin people ‘s physical health, emotional health, marriages, relationships and lives. Like they weren’t putting themselves forward as the Perfect VF Family. Doug’s fall from grace and then ensuing shuttering of VF actually shattered real people’s lives. People BOUGHT what DPIAT was selling, the image that Beall and Doug and the kids presented, the theology they espoused.
And now..... that’s over. It’s done. For THEM. They get to have new lives and wear pants and go to college and move to Scotland to study and just generally get on with things. Meanwhile there’s a generation of parents with more kids than they could afford struggling to educate them at home and now a crop of poorly educated adults whose role models disappeared after a sex scandal are trying to live up to a standard of life that, it turns out, was all a facade.
That’s what really pisses me off about the Phillips family. They have moved on with their lives without ever acknowledging that the theology they promoted was deeply damaging and the standards they set were so unattainable that even THEY failed to live up to them. It was all bullshit and they knew it. Beall and Doug cut their losses and ditched the whole VF thing when it fell apart, but they also ditched those many families who actually thought they were doing the right thing following VF. Families were torn apart, relationships failed, people went bankrupt and floundered and VF told them it was because they weren’t good enough, they weren’t following the rules the right way, that achieving these Quiverfull patriarchy self-sustaining homeschooling goals was a totally achievable thing because the Phillips family was doing it.
Only they weren’t, as it turned out, and now - pop! - here they are on Instagram traveling and dancing and studying and nary a word spoken about the fact that Doug and Beall ruined a whole lot of lives and never even apologized for it.

Even the kids piss me off.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bea said:

It blows my mind that this whole f*ckimg family operates like Vision Forum never existed. Like their screwed-up patriocentric pretend Christianity didn’t ruin people ‘s physical health, emotional health, marriages, relationships and lives. Like they weren’t putting themselves forward as the Perfect VF Family. Doug’s fall from grace and then ensuing shuttering of VF actually shattered real people’s lives. People BOUGHT what DPIAT was selling, the image that Beall and Doug and the kids presented, the theology they espoused.
And now..... that’s over. It’s done. For THEM. They get to have new lives and wear pants and go to college and move to Scotland to study and just generally get on with things. Meanwhile there’s a generation of parents with more kids than they could afford struggling to educate them at home and now a crop of poorly educated adults whose role models disappeared after a sex scandal are trying to live up to a standard of life that, it turns out, was all a facade.
That’s what really pisses me off about the Phillips family. They have moved on with their lives without ever acknowledging that the theology they promoted was deeply damaging and the standards they set were so unattainable that even THEY failed to live up to them. It was all bullshit and they knew it. Beall and Doug cut their losses and ditched the whole VF thing when it fell apart, but they also ditched those many families who actually thought they were doing the right thing following VF. Families were torn apart, relationships failed, people went bankrupt and floundered and VF told them it was because they weren’t good enough, they weren’t following the rules the right way, that achieving these Quiverfull patriarchy self-sustaining homeschooling goals was a totally achievable thing because the Phillips family was doing it.
Only they weren’t, as it turned out, and now - pop! - here they are on Instagram traveling and dancing and studying and nary a word spoken about the fact that Doug and Beall ruined a whole lot of lives and never even apologized for it.

Hear, hear! Brava! That is the truth, man. (Except maybe I excuse the kids more than you do.)

3 hours ago, bea said:

Right??? It wasn't even that long ago.  And it wasn't a gradual change either, it was an abrupt about-face.  Which just goes to show how insincere they were.  If they really believed that VF philosophy, you'd think it would have been alot harder for them to make these lifestyle changes.  (By "they", I mean Doug, Beall, and the older kids too.)

Returning to Doug's newfound love of Oscar Wilde, it occurs to me that the Tool probably sees himself as Wilde in Reading Gaol,  publicly scorned due to accusations of sexual impropriety but actually a misunderstood victim of the prejudiced masses. At least, I believe he's self-aggrandizing and shallow enough to think that.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:19 AM, Lisafer said:

Hey, I was browsing FJ and an ad popped up that amused me greatly. And then I realized which fundie needed this outfit:

Hide contents

image.png.db3aa44315db017794c210e5cc617807.png

The Tool, of course! Kitschy cosplay glory, and it covers his mouth so he can't talk!

I've been getting ads for the same company.  One was a hoodie patterned to look like a hairy bare chested man.  Odd.  Odd seems to be their shtick.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:13 AM, AnnaSofia said:

I just noticed that JT's primary Instagram is open now (pretty sure it was locked down for a long time).

The Dougster's hairline was doing quite the Charlie Brown impression back at Josh's RBC graduation about a year and a half ago. I think we've found the real reason for his affinity for vintage hats...

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.eed715cc44f098427ffa6ce0d42f024a.jpg

The IG account goes back to the pre-Tool O'Ween era, Hazardous Journeys and all. It's worth a look if you can get it before he closes it again :pb_lol:

Pardon me but did the boy just really call his father a BALLER?

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, AnnaSofia said:

Hannah's real name is Van Eenoo.

As far as I can tell, "Snow" is a reference to Snow White, which she brings up fairly often on social media. 

"Winters" could be Doug riffing on that. I've always wondered where is comes from, since his other aliases tend to be pretty obvious takes on his real name. I though maybe it was just a variation of "Winston", but maybe not.

Snow White, eh? Well, DPIARBT does look kind of like Doc.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, formergothardite said:

Doug discusses what he will do if a wife comes to him to discuss problems with her husband.  He will listen, but he gives his normal benefit of a doubt automatically to the man

This is so ridiculous. Please go to 1:27 and review how BIG the D in "Doug" is. It says it all.  Also, how sad, just before 3:30 you see his two oldest boys having to sit through this crap.

Looks like Alexandra/Alessandra (aka Doug's opera singer sister living in Europe) spent some time in Scotland with JT and Delany recently:

Check Alessandra's IG for more pics from the trip.

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

Looks like Alexandra/Alessandra (aka Doug's opera singer sister living in Europe) spent some time in Scotland with JT and Delany recently

To the extent she can interact with them, Alexandra/Alessandra could be a real positive role model for the Phillips children, especially the females. 

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Pardon me but did the boy just really call his father a BALLER?

On 11/17/2018 at 8:48 AM, AnnaSofia said:

Remember when Doug used to chastise other parents who allowed "jive talk" in their homes? 

51 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Remember when Doug used to chastise other parents who allowed "jive talk" in their homes? 

Doesn't ring a Beall...

Sincerely,

Doug

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

To the extent she can interact with them, Alexandra/Alessandra could be a real positive role model for the Phillips children, especially the females. 

I'm sure others here have noted this before, but ironically, she seems to be living the life that Doug would want...making a success at working in the arts in Europe, including being the center of attention on-stage.  Perhaps Doug's VF theatrics somewhat explained.....   I just noticed that Beall posted a compliment on one of Alexandra's insta photos last January.  That's interesting. It's from Beall's private account so I hope thats ok to mention.

4 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I'm sure others here have noted this before, but ironically, she seems to be living the life that Doug would want...making a success at working in the arts in Europe, including being the center of attention on-stage. 

To give her credit, she has worked hard to get where she is, including an undergraduate degree in performance at Eastman & an MA in music from U of Tenn as well as years of teaching voice and performing as an operatic soprano. 

By contrast, I've never had the impression that Doug understands the relationship between achievement and hard work.

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

By contrast, I've never had the impression that Doug understands the relationship between achievement and hard work.

He couldn't wrap his head around this concept even if he tried really really hard. 

"... took to the trail for a glorious hour with my koala hat and trusty hot pink day-pack." ... and your SON... even though you didn't think to mention him.  The important part here is that you give the impression that you went on a walk with The Hubs but that's NOT DRIAPT.

Tagged with #happilymarried and #marriedlife - on a walk with her son.

Maybe #ditchedbyphilanderinghusband was too long.

Oddly, also tagged #2Timothy112, which reads as follows:

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Wonder if she means God or Doug?

3 hours ago, Maxwell said:

"... took to the trail for a glorious hour with my koala hat and trusty hot pink day-pack." ... and your SON... even though you didn't think to mention him.  The important part here is that you give the impression that you went on a walk with The Hubs but that's NOT DRIAPT.

And let us not miss the richness of the "SICK HOUSE"

On 11/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, formergothardite said:

@Lisafer, that reminded me of the advertisement for swords he made. :laughing-jumpingpurple: That is Doug narrating it. He is just so in love with himself. 

Reveal hidden contents

We had some fun with it, here:

On 12/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, Maxwell said:

Just wanted to share with y'all that this is what a winter day in December really looks like in Central Texas.  Leaves have finally dropped, except for live oaks, which don't drop their leaves in winter and a few deciduous trees that are winter indecisive, and don't know if they really want to drop their leaves, because it will always be warmer in a few days, and then get nailed by a hard freeze. 

Hell, I’m 66 and not shy about admitting it, but Beall’s hashtags reek of desperate self-justification. Her life has become a Dominionist Queen’s worst nightmare:  In a few short years she’s fallen from arrogant consort to the Great Man, to frantic grass widow scratching to support herself and her kids, living in ratty rentals. To align herself with DPIARBT, she blithely tossed her relationship with her family of origin under the bus and has no backup plan.

I’d feel sorry for her, but I will never forget all the shit she said about Lourdes. “Think of how this will affect your marriage prospects,” she declaimed, as if she were a 21st-century Lady Catherine de Bourgh. Think of your own fucking marriage prospects, you miserable twunt. Lourdes’ brief marriage may not have lasted, but she’s picking up and continuing her education in hopes of independence and a career—and she’s being honest about it.  You’re driving all over the US scraping spare change together while the gigolo you’re nominally married to is swanning around Europe cozying up to youthful brunettes.

I don’t hashtag, so I wouldn’t do that exact thing, but I understand the impulse. 50 is next year for me, and there’s a lot of acceptance needed ? (for me; not pushing this on anyone else). Y’know, things do...deteriorate a bit, physically, and one takes stock of what one has actually done and where one actually is, versus perpetually hopeful “plans”. Embracing it all helps.

(With Beall, though, her fundamental dishonesty about her marriage and their past kind of undoes the point of embracing one’s actuality.)

19 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I was wondering how long it would be before we saw Virginia go full Victory Rolls...

I was pleasantly surprised she wasn't slathered in full pancake and red lipstick! "One of us... One of us..."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived