IGNORED

Joy and Austin 24

Coconut Flan

On 10/20/2018 at 10:52 PM, just_ordinary said:

So your pupils are allowed to wear hats in class? Because it is still mostly forbidden here and most parents still teach their children not to wear hats inside or to be more precisely not to wear them to class, church, important social engagements (weddings and stuff) or at the table. They are seen as a part of very casual outdoor clothing. That doesn’t mean you are expected to remove your hat when just popping inside for something but if you stay inside you would remove the hat. Big exception- a house party of teenagers/students- but you wouldn’t be expected to remove your shoes either. So it is definitely still seen as a sign of disrespect.

Simular rules for sweat pants. If you are not on your way to or from the gym you don’t wear them outside. The stigma behind it: only people from a lower class and education background do that.

I think this might be something most American tourists don’t know about and could lead to a less pleasant experience as they might get massive side eyes. And of course I know not all Americans run around in sweat pants and baseball hats all the time!

Customs are both regional, and change all the time. That’s why you don’t see women generally walking around everyday in hats and gloves, which was a thing for one of my grandma’s  if she went to “ the city” for something fancy.  The other grandma was more into hunting and fishing, I doubt she ever wore a hat or gloves. My mom didn’t wear those things, it would have seemed old fashioned. Because customs change. 

Even 10- 15 years ago when my boys  were in school, whether they could wear hats depended on the teacher. I see caps and jeans and (less frequently) sweats literally everywhere.  I don’t care. Some areas are more formal, some less. It doesn’t make one better or more respectful than the other.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:59 AM, TuringMachine said:

Agreed. I know everyone thinks he looks all Austin, but I still think he looks like someone put austins nose on a duggar baby. I can definitely see cousin Israel in that last one.

I think Joy and Austin are nearly identical, so it’s hard for me to pull out Duggar or Forsyth - they are interchangeable ! Cute baby though. 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy looks like she could have a bump, but she's also wearing baggy horizontal stripes which add width visually. Time will tell.

She's a young woman who has not announced a pregnancy.  Please don't scrutinize her body looking for clues, it's gross.

Maybe Joy has a "bump" because she had a big steak, as they were at a steakhouse. That happens. 

Or maybe she has a "bump" because she just had a baby and hasn't lost all the baby weight. 

17 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe Joy has a "bump" because she had a big steak, as they were at a steakhouse. That happens. 

Or maybe she has a "bump" because she just had a baby and hasn't lost all the baby weight. 

To read FJ sometimes you'd think that the default for everyone is a perfectly flat, if not concave, tummy and any deviation from that requires an explanation.

The contents of her uterus, or lack thereof, and the shape of her body is her business unless she chooses to discuss it publicly.  What did she do?  She dared to wear a perfectly normal shirt and post a pic with her baby and friend.   So sure, I guess she deserves a bunch of strangers talking about her body and trying to ferret out a stealth pregnancy.  I mean if she didn't want people to do that she would have posed nude with a perfectly flat tummy to dispel all rumors.  After all, she owes that to the world because her parents farmed her out to a tv show.  /s

8 minutes ago, albireo said:

Does anyone else think that Carlin went to visit Joy to invite her to be a bridesmaid?

Does that sort of ask require a visit? Wouldn't a call/email/text work? Serious questions.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Does that sort of ask require a visit? Wouldn't a call/email/text work? Serious questions.

It would, but Carlin seems like she would make her asks over-the-top like this. I've seen (not personally, but tangentially) people do full-on "proposals" with gifts for their bridesmaids.

In Carlin’s story she said that it was her first time meeting Gideon which means they haven’t seen each other in a while. And it’s Joy’s birthday in a few days so she probably though it would be a good time to visit

12 minutes ago, albireo said:

It would, but Carlin seems like she would make her asks over-the-top like this. I've seen (not personally, but tangentially) people do full-on "proposals" with gifts for their bridesmaids.

Wait there are proposals to be bridesmaids? 

1 hour ago, albireo said:

people do full-on "proposals" with gifts for their bridesmaids.

Oh ffs,  no, do not let this become a trend. What next? (Don't tell me, I don't want to know). 

When you think about it they share a very unique experience.  Not only the funny wedding, but being covered by a show and their weddings following and compared to their older sisters weddings.

idk, if I were Carlin I’d love the chance to talk to a friend who gets it, outside the politics of her own family...would be worth making a trip for me.  Especially to see a friends baby as well.  

And now I want to go to Longhorn...I don’t care about chain restaurant snobbery their food is delish!

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I know a young couple that got married last year. The groom made a point to travel around the country to ask nine of his friends in person to be groomsmen. So I guess it’s a thing for some people.

4 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Is Joy preggo? She definitely looks like it

Hide contents

Screenshot_20181025-163457.png

Lord that baby is so happy in all his pics. There is something so quirky cute about him. He is so dam adorable I wanna smoosh him with kisses. I hope his happy lovely photos are indicative of a lovely nature and nice kind parents. I am so hopeful of that.

He is his Dad but he is a Duggar too. 

Maybe her belly is just not back to how it was after the birth? Her bump was rather big and I could imagine that her muscles might not have moved back into position yet. For some people this can take up to a year or more even with great postnatal recovery exercises. A little mummy tum is nothing unusual after this time.

I think she looks beautiful with her glasses. Don’t know why but they seem to flatter her face (and I already think she is very pretty) a lot. 

It’s nice to see the both of them together. Friendships outside of family are very important in my opinion especially when you live in a setting like them. Isolation seems to be a common thing for these young women. A situation that gets worse with all the “my husband is my best friend” claims ( not saying this cannot happen but for Fundie it seems to have to be the default) and the general idea that their whole world should be about Jesus, their husband and their children. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:26 PM, BernRul said:

Maybe we can both shit on Delaware together? It's not even a real state! 

Uh oh.  Now you are in trouble.  Not only is it a real state, it was the FIRST state.  I await your sincere apology with great anticipation. 

42 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I think she looks beautiful with her glasses. Don’t know why but they seem to flatter her face (and I already think she is very pretty) a lot.

Was going to post the same thing.  I really hate how I look in my glasses & wish i could find some as flattering as Joy's.  She looks nice with or without glasses, but yes, there is something about them that really flatters her face.

14 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Uh oh.  Now you are in trouble.  Not only is it a real state, it was the FIRST state.  I await your sincere apology with great anticipation.

I love Delaware.  It’s right next to Maryland, the best state.

I think she is pregnant but the picture just adds to what I believed already. I feel like she is going to be visibly pregnant at Carlins wedding. IDKY, I just think she is.

I am thrilled to interrupt the latest round of “WHY IS PREGNANCY BODY SPECULATION A THING?!” with this riveting Instagram post by Joy:

That baby’s demeanor is pure joy (no pun intended). I pray his parents miraculously realize they don’t need to beat that out of him. 

I early voted yesterday, #democrat. I wonder if Joy knew anything about the candidates that she voted for other than they were Republicans. Ugh.

I've got to say, this comment on the voting picture is confusing. Did this person really not realize that they vote Republican? How is this the final straw?

You have lost me as a fan. Trump is a disgrace to humanity your god does not condone his leadership and I have no idea how you can. I will never watch your show again and will stop following you.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived