IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 2: The Basket of Deplorables

Destiny

Wanna know why I put this weird... person in this thread? Read the captions with the pics. But beware, definitely not NSFW.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This dude appears to be a Trumpkin also but posted because the mansplaining was just so funny (he went on to mansplain mansplaining)

58 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This dude appears to be a Trumpkin also but posted because the mansplaining was just so funny (he went on to mansplain mansplaining)

My eyes glazed over and I gave up reading it. Blah Blah Blah.. how many BIGLY words can that shit for brains put into a tweet?  I'm thinking this guy is hard (ewww) up for date and living in his mom's basement.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, fraurosena said:

Wanna know why I put this weird... person in this thread? Read the captions with the pics. But beware, definitely not NSFW.

I fell down that rabbit hole on Sunday. The eyebrows are what kill me. Why go to the trouble of having bold eyebrows like that, if you are not going to tweeze away the hairs that fall outside of the brow line you just drew on?

The food pictures are insane too. My favorite was when he had some breakfast sandwiches that looked just like the Jimmy Dean ones from the grocery store, and tried to convince people his "personal chef" had made them.  :pb_lol: 

And he can't seem to decide how much money he has in the bank, One youtube video he said he has twenty million but the caption said 75.

I am hoping that's performance art.

43 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

And he can't seem to decide how much money he has in the bank, One youtube video he said he has twenty million but the caption said 75.

I am hoping that's performance art.

Did you read the part about him breaking into his ex-wife's house, taking a dump in her sink, and leaving a note identifying himself as the culprit? :cray-cray:

Good grief: "Trump tweeted, ‘We will build a human wall if necessary.’ These supporters took it literally."

Spoiler

Hours before his State of the Union address last Tuesday, President Trump told his followers that “tremendous numbers of people are coming up through Mexico in the hopes of flooding our Southern Border.”

“We will build a Human Wall if necessary,” he tweeted, threatening to use military force.

As negotiations over border security broke down in Washington over the weekend, dozens of supporters of Trump’s border wall in New Mexico joined and took the president’s words to heart, Fox News Channel reported.

On Saturday, they built a “human wall.”

The demonstrators formed a line across a partly fenced border in Sunland Park, N.M., near Ciudad Juarez in Mexico’s Chihuahua state, according to Fox News. Men and women, waving American and Confederate flags, linked hands in support of the wall’s construction. Many wore signs around their necks bearing Trump rhetoric: “Stop the drugs that destroy our youth!” and “STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING.”

The protest comes ahead of Trump’s Monday visit to El Paso, which is located several miles from Sunland Park.

After a 35-day partial government shutdown, the longest in U.S. history, Trump signed a resolution to temporarily reopen the federal government last month. Lawmakers had hoped to announce a deal Monday, aiming to avoid the second shutdown, which is scheduled to begin in four days.

The Trump administration said Sunday that the chances of another government shutdown had increased markedly over the weekend, as negotiations reached an impasse. Trump has also hinted at declaring a national emergency, which would allow him to reallocate money from other projects for construction without congressional approval — a move that probably would face a legal challenge.

Trump deployed more than 2,000 additional troops to the southern border in October, ahead of the midterm election. The Pentagon has similarly prepared to send several thousand more National Guard troops.

As The Washington Post previously reported, New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) said that she rejected “the federal contention that there exists an overwhelming national security crisis at the southern border, along which are some of the safest communities in the country.”

“New Mexico will not take part in the president’s charade of border fearmongering by misusing our diligent National Guard troops,” Grisham added.

The pictures in the article are nauseating, especially the Texas gun flag. I'm not making that up.

I wonder if Dumpy told them to run around with their underwear as hats, would they do it?

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wonder if Dumpy told them to run around with their underwear as hats, would they do it?

If nothing else, they'd be easy to pick out in a crowd!  :pb_lol:

Thought some of you might be interested in this:

Spoiler

The quality of the recording is not very good, but here's the ABC Afterschool Special episode about this experiment:

Because of course: "‘Pro-family leaders’ ask House GOP leader to reinstate Rep. Steve King’s committee memberships"

Spoiler

A group of about 200 people calling themselves “pro-family leaders” is calling for Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) to be reinstated to the committee assignments he lost as part of the fallout last month for reportedly questioning whether the term “white nationalist” should be offensive.

A letter to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) — which King shared Tuesday on Twitter — also asks for McCarthy to publicly apologize for the punishment, calling it a rush to judgment.

“Unlike North Korea, we in the United States are ‘innocent until proven guilty’ and hold to the principles of Western Civilization, as Rep. King so admirably does,” the letter says.

Its signatories include former House majority leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.), evangelical author James Dobson and William Owens, founder and president of the Coalition of African American Pastors.

The controversy was touched off when King asked in a New York Times interview published last month, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

It followed a long string of remarks disparaging immigrants and minorities, as well as a seeming embrace of far-right foreign politicians and parties that have been openly hostile to those same groups.

King, who was elected to a ninth term in November, maintained that he had been misquoted in the Times piece.

“We are appalled that Republican leadership would choose to believe a liberal news organization famous for their bias over an outstanding member of Congress who has served the people of Iowa and the United States honorably and faithfully for 16 years,” the letter to McCarthy says.

King served on the House Judiciary, Agriculture and Small Business committees in the last Congress.

In his tweet sharing the letter, King said the authors “know when the ‘outrageous misquote’ of a biased & liberal NYTimes takes free rein to ‘falsely brand’ Republicans, no conservative is safe.”

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Thought some of you might be interested in this:

Reveal hidden contents

The quality of the recording is not very good, but here's the ABC Afterschool Special episode about this experiment:

Thanks for the link! I remember watching The Wave when it first aired on tv when I was a teenager. It made such an impression on me that I never forgot it, and i still reference it now and again.

There is also a 2001 German movie with the same theme, Das Experiment. It's based on the real life Stanford Prison Experiment by Philip Zimbardo, where 20 college volunteers are divided up into prisoners and guards in a simulated prison environment.

About 15 years ago DH and I went to Quedlinburg, Germany on vacation*. At the time they had an exhibit in Schloss Quedlinburg about WWII, and how the local public was conned into believing the nazi propaganda. It showed how the common German people were suckered into the nazi wave happening in their country. To be honest, it's quite like seeing Americans being suckered into MAGA. The similarities are astounding and rather frightening.

*  If you are ever in the area and you are into history, I highly recommend going to Quedlinburg. The city centre is still mostly comprised of houses from the 14th and 15th century and this first German capital was ruled by women (!) for 800 years. The whole Harz region, where Quedlinburg is situated is quite unique and well worth visiting. 

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

Arkansas white supremacists deplorables being taken out of circulation under RICO! 

Release from DoJ: 

Multiple White Supremacist Gang Members among 54 Defendants Charged in RICO Indictment    Charges Include Solicitation of Murder, Kidnapping, Maiming, and Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine

Can we build the wall around Arkansas?

39 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Can we build the wall around Arkansas?

Sorry, no. The sane residents would be stuck in there with the nutters if we did that. :pb_smile:

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry, no. The sane residents would be stuck in there with the nutters if we did that. :pb_smile:

Yea, that is true as one of my live long friends lives there now. It was never  her intention to live there, but sometimes you need go go where the job takes you.

I figure maybe we need some sane ones to turn the state a little purple.

32 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yea, that is true as one of my live long friends lives there now. It was never  her intention to live there, but sometimes you need go go where the job takes you.

I figure maybe we need some sane ones to turn the .state a little purple.

I understand. The only reason I'm currently living where I am is because of Mr. Cartmann99's job.

I truly despise Newt:

image.png.6691bb342305e5649b7a1b2837a0f039.png

He doesn't even know how to spell Chick-Fil-A.

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wait, Newt hasn't visited there enough times to memorize the spelling?!? His paid contributor gig with Faux could be in jeopardy if they find out he hasn't been regularly supporting them.

On that note, I was actually surprised that Donnie didn't serve it to the Clemson guys. If he had, Faux could have done another segment where they pretend Donnie's such a devout Christian. Their audience loves that sort of thing.  :shrug:

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I truly despise Newt:

image.png.6691bb342305e5649b7a1b2837a0f039.png

Hey Newt, FUCK OFF.  Your 15 minutes of fame was over back around 1997. 

In case people can't tell I despise that biovating fuck.  He is a big part of the reason why we have Fuck Face McClownstick in the White House right now.

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

In case people can't tell I despise that biovating fuck.  He is a big part of the reason why we have Fuck Face McClownstick in the White House right now.

I couldn't agree more. He's the root of many of the shitty behaviors exhibited by repugs today.

I don't know that this guy is a BT, but he's definitely...different. "An artist famed for using his own urine just bought Trump’s wedding cake. His plans are a mystery."

Spoiler

Everyone who’s anyone got one.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, now President Trump’s lawyer, got one. So did Hillary Clinton, who became Trump’s archrival, and CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker. Heidi Klum and Diddy and Anna Wintour and and Shaquille O’Neal each got one.

And now Andres Serrano, best known as the “piss-artist photographer,” has one — a chocolate truffle cake with gold flakes and a sugar-spun buttercream rose, handed out as a souvenir at Trump’s January 2005 wedding to Melania Knauss.

The lavish ceremony at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., stands as a high-water mark of his acceptance in a glittering world of models and media personalities — a world in which he is now persona non grata. But he remains its obsession. He is its muse, its model and the source of so many of its jokes. Were the guests not sated by the cake? Serrano may be seeking to discover why not.

The 14-year-old baked good could make for a mouth-watering addition to an oeuvre that includes the divisive 1987 work “Immersion (Piss Christ),” which earned the photographer his epithet. The red-and-amber-hued image of a crucifix submerged in a glass container of his own urine drew rebuke on the floor of the United States Senate. It spurred a court battle over blasphemy in Australia. It has been vandalized, and has led to death threats for museum employees who dare to display it.

Serrano, 68, purchased Trump’s cake for $1,880 at an auction last week in Boston. It measures 3.25 inches in diameter and rises 3 inches tall.

The dessert sits in its original off-white paper box, monogrammed “M D T" in gilt, according to RR Auction, which set the minimum bid at $200. The souvenir last changed hands in 2017, when the California-based Julien’s Auctions collected $2,240 for the item.

“The box is in very good condition, with scattered stains,” the listing noted.

The miniature cakes were edible stand-ins for a $50,000 confectionery feat requiring elaborate wire supports that made it impossible to serve to guests. Buttercream filled the seven-tier, 200-pound sponge cake, flavored with orange zest and soaked in Grand Marnier liqueur. It was festooned with 2,000 sugar-spun flowers.

It doesn’t appear that Serrano, the only child of an immigrant father from Honduras and a mother of Afro-Cuban descent, was on the guest list for the wedding.

But the native New Yorker does have a relationship with the president. He photographed him in the early 2000s, as part of a series titled “America."

His portrait of Trump, which he slotted in the celebrity section of the series, is an imposing close-up of the businessman and reality television star in a red-striped tie. The venerable portrayal represents a departure from themes of desecration and violence, which have defined the work of the artist, who is Catholic and has described his art as an attempt to “personalize religion for myself.” His examination of “Torture” asked subjects who had been abused in real life to pose for the reproduction of their suffering.

When he trained his camera on Trump, however, his impulse was patriotic.

“I took Donald Trump’s portrait for my America series, started shortly after September 11th,” the bugbear of conservative politicians and religious groups told Vice. “I felt we had been attacked as the ‘enemy’ and I wanted to show who America is.”

In 2016, the photographer declined to join Guardian art critic Jonathan Jones in disparaging the then-candidate for the GOP nomination. “I never speak ill of people who’ve posed for me,” Serrano said. The British critic wrote that the photographer “can even see the human in Trump. His portrait is like a waxwork image of a powerful man, glaring enigmatically at the camera.”

Serrano is staying mum about his plans for the 14-year-old cake.

“Artists work in mysterious ways," he told the Art newspaper. "You never know what they’re up to! I don’t like to talk about things until I’m ready to talk.”

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic

Archived