IGNORED

Maxwell 23: Backyard Breeding

VaSportsMom

My 20yo daughter is about 95% sure she does not want children.  I encourage her when she brings it up (usually frustration at someone saying to her "oh, you're young, you'll change your mind) to follow her heart, and tell her how wise she is to already know this about herself.  She just doesn't like kids (she never has, her whole life, even when she WAS one).  To some people you'd think that makes her the devil incarnate.  It chaps my hide.  I love her just the way she is and I don't expect her to "give me grandchildren" (someone actually said that to me once and I just kinda stood there in shock) any more than I expect her to sprout wings and fly to the moon.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t relate. I could not wait until my son started back to school last week. He was driving me nuts in his summer boredom. 

I’m guessing John and Chelsy won’t be going on the family trip since she’s pregnant. Who wants to hang out with Steve when you’re pregnant. Or not pregnant. 

I really wonder how this is going to play out on the tits2 blog, since Chelsy announced on her blog first. I am sure Steve is not happy about that. 

Chelsea mentioned on her blog that they told their families in July.  She is 18 weeks now.  They kept this to themselves for quite a while before telling anyone!

@LilMissMetaphor, i laughed way to hard at that! :tongue:  

did Chelsy announce today?  if Steve is up on the mountains, he may not even know she posted yet (no clue how often he monitors things while on non-vacation).  on the one hand, i hope he hasn't seen it yet.  but it won't surprise me if he ends up telling Sarah not to put it on the Maxhell blog until after they throw her a shower, at which point she'll write three stilted sentences followed by some caption-less photos.

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Haha, we're in heaven!.png

I can't imagine what was said that made them laugh so hard. Their lives are so dull. Since they still laugh (years later) about Teri biting into a cheese wrapper, I'm guessing it is something equally lame. Actually, they're probably laughing about the damn cheese wrapper here.

Jesse: "Remember the cheese wrapper... *stops talking because he is laughing so hard* that .... *laughter* that mom accidentally... *laugh* accidentally ate?" *full out silent laughing"
Anna: *laughing hysterically* "Yes oh gosh! *laugh* She thought it was unwrapped, but it wasn't! *Belly laughter* "my sides are aching from the laughing!"
Mary: *laughing/wiping tears* "stop stop! I'm going to pee!"

Side note: I think the photos Christopher took of Chelsy and Jon are actually lovely! 

40 minutes ago, catlady said:

@LilMissMetaphor, i laughed way to hard at that! :tongue:  

did Chelsy announce today?  if Steve is up on the mountains, he may not even know she posted yet (no clue how often he monitors things while on non-vacation).  on the one hand, i hope he hasn't seen it yet.  but it won't surprise me if he ends up telling Sarah not to put it on the Maxhell blog until after they throw her a shower, at which point she'll write three stilted sentences followed by some caption-less photos.

I just realized that I should have had Jesse saying "who" instead of "that", but, I can blame it on the words coming out of his own mouth and not mine. :P 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, Dru said:

Wow. So I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but I'm going to post just in case. I just stumbled across Sarah's (old/unused?) Facebook Page. Under Education she put "unnecessary". I wonder if she'd be so fucking smug if she knew just how horrible her writing is. Lol

Interestingly she likes contemporary christian music page. https://www.facebook.com/YUTV21/ This seems wildly off-brand for Steve to allow.

ETA- https://www.facebook.com/sarah.maxwell.90475

Do we even know that was put up by Sarah? 

Edit: late to the party, I see. Sorry.

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

Chelsea mentioned on her blog that they told their families in July.  She is 18 weeks now.  They kept this to themselves for quite a while before telling anyone!

Her brothers and their wives had their first babies in July. It’s possible she decided to wait so she wouldn’t steal their thunder. She also waited to announce her engagement until around 6 weeks after her brothers got married. So she wouldn’t steal their thunder. 

I’m just curious as to how they announced to the Bontragers in July since most of the family was on tour. Maybe they went to visit the new babies in July and Skyped with the rest of the family and announced. I’m sure they just announced to the Maxwell’s at a Sunday dinner of bland bean burritos. 

I thought the Maxwells had this weird tradition of presenting a baby rattle/scepter to Steve-o to announce a grandchild on the way.

Just now, HereticHick said:

I thought the Maxwells had this weird tradition of presenting a baby rattle/scepter to Steve-o to announce a grandchild on the way.

I can just imagine it. They have all had their fill of Sunday bean burritos and now they have all gathered for bible time in the living room. As they all sit in the post bean burrito fart fog, John kneels at King Steve’s feet with his head down and his hands out presenting the rattle to his highnAss. 

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Chris and Anna did that on Steve's birthday once that I can recall, but given Steve's reported confusion I think it was a one off thing.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:55 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Not only her mental health but the financial lost to the family because Steve had to quit his job to take up the slack due to Teri not getting mental health treatment.  There is also the loss financially of Teri not holding a full time job.  I figured their lifestyle cost them between $1-$2 million dollars.  Steve is an engineer and could have easily been making between 100-200k for the past 15 years.  

This family is really a bunch big idiots on so many levels. 

Sorry, I need to correct that.  I don't think Teri ever had a job outside the home, full time or not.  She got married at 19 while still in college, and Nathan was born 2 years later before she graduated.  I think she helped Steve with side businesses while he had full-time jobs in the early years of their marriage.  She has since pulled her weight in earnings with her  books and the chore charts.  I think HWAMQS was first published in 1998 or 1999 and MOTH shortly afterwards.

As for Steve - Steve didn't quit his job because Teri was overwhelmed.  Far from it.  He gave her the Holy Schedule, the Daddy Tapes (to keep the kids quiet), and a vasectomy reversal and 5 more kids instead.  She claims all that and an OTC progesterone cream cured her depression in the early '90s.  She soldiered on under-educating the children and had the older siblings teach the younger ones, by her own admission.

Steve had a full-time corporate job until 1999, IIRC.   Then God told him he needed to quit working for other people so he started his own IT business with the sideline of self-publishing Teri's and his books.  Alternatively, he was managed out of his corporate job because he wouldn't have business meetings with women and was a real PITA, as the more cynical among us believe.

So Chelsy finally announced the glad tidings.  She is with child!  She sort of let the big secret slip on Joshie Bont's blog a few weeks ago so I'm not surprised.

Sarah mentions how windy and cold it was at Pikes Peak, and there are she and her sisters in those thin denim skirts, the wind whipping the skirts around their legs, and with bare ankles.  Ridiculous.

Hopefully they can put some kind of pants under those skirts whenever they do an actual climb.

While I'm disappointed they are prego, I was hoping it would be a year after the wedding before she got pregnant I am reveling in the fact Judgy Chelsy and her family announced it before Coward Steve.  Hell yeah!

Steve is going to have to get used to Chelsy (and maybe Elissa too?) doing things her own way. Or atleast, he's going to have to get used to the Bontragers being the preferred outlet for Chelsy and John's news. :pbbbt:

I'd laugh if John & Chelsy flipped the Kansas house and moved to Iowa to be nearer to the Bontragers.  Hi, Steve.  

Steve must be shitting himself the Chelsy and her family both announced first on their blogs. 

I wonder how long it's going to take for the Maxwell blog to post. 

28 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Steve must be shitting himself the Chelsy and her family both announced first on their blogs. 

I wonder how long it's going to take for the Maxwell blog to post. 

Depends on when it was scheduled. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived