IGNORED

Palin not going for 2012 GOP candidacy

Rowan

Glad she's not running, although SNL would have been a lot funnier if she was!

Yesterday, my cousin (who I think is starting to slide down a fundie path, but that's another story) said of Sarah Palin, "everything I've heard exit her mouth seems pretty logical and innovative." And he was completely serious! :shock:

This. Now we'll just have to listen to her grating voice to no good purpose.

Thirded. Although Perry is not a bad alternative. That new Tea Party whackadoo, Herman Cain's platform: "If you don't have a job, it's your fault") would be awesome. But the Pubs and his own Tea Party don't generally like the black much more than they like teh ghey.

(edited because his name came to me)

Glad she's not running, although SNL would have been a lot funnier if she was!

Yesterday, my cousin (who I think is starting to slide down a fundie path, but that's another story) said of Sarah Palin, "everything I've heard exit her mouth seems pretty logical and innovative." And he was completely serious! :shock:

I know this isn't SP, but since MB and SP seem to be twins separated at birth, I think it's fitting. The funny thing is that in the video, she really doesn't make any less sense than she normally does :shock:

For your cousin:

LFB6LQ1-WKU

Oh lord, that was hysterical. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The drag queen who played Michele should send that in to RuPaul to audition for the next Drag Race.

Glad you enjoyed it. Rachel Maddow recently turned me on to Bad Lip Reading, and they're all hilarious. :D

Corrected b/c I misspoke about where I first saw BLR.

It looks like while the rest of the rational people in this country were speculating about whether Sarah Palin really is out of her mind or not, the McCain campaign had discussions of how they were going to handle her if he did win the presidency. They were exploring constitutional options to keep her from being sworn in as VP:

Top Campaign Advisor Admits McCain Team Discussed Constitutionally Questionable Plan To Keep Palin From Being Sworn in As VP |

Former George W. Bush aide and John McCain’s 2008 campaign adviser Nicole Wallace has written a novel. In It’s Classified, the vice presidential character is “mentally ill†— an inspiration Wallace says came directly from her observations of Sarah Palin. Like the character, Palin “was often withdrawn, uncommunicative and incapable of performing even the most basic tasks required of her job as McCain’s running mate.†Wallace even noted that “there certainly were discussions — not for long because of the arc the campaign took — but certainly there were discussions about whether, if they were to win, it would be appropriate for her to be sworn in.†This certainly is a shocking admission, in no small part because the Constitution does not provide any process short of impeachment to remove a vice president. The statement also shows just how much McCain’s team distrusted, disliked, and wanted to ditch Palin as the vice presidential pick.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/1 ... -in-as-vp/

Wow.

Okay, in yet more news, these excerpts are from an email by the filmmaker, John Ziegler, who made "Media Malpractice, How Obama Got Elected and Palin was Targeted", to Sarah Palin:

An Open E-mail to Sarah Palin

Dear Governor Palin:

Wow. So, is this really how your political saga is going end? By letting down your remaining supporters and telling them, with a straight face, that you can do more to impact change as a Fox News Contributor than you can as President of the United States?

While you have used the “I don’t need a title to impact change†line before (to justify your politically inexplicable resignation as governor of Alaska), I never figured you would actually try to float that as a last minute reason for not pursuing the most important job in the world. It is hard to believe that even the most crazed of your fans will buy that, but I am sure at least some of the remaining lemmings will.

Of course, there is no way you actually believe it yourself. First of all, how is this “issue" new information? You mean to tell us that in the last year since you started talking openly about running for president that this never occurred to you before? If it was a decisive factor now, why wasn’t it that way several months ago before you started acting like a candidate? Why did you selfishly put your supporters through the long wait and stunt the process for the actual candidates?

It is certainly possible that you may not accept this premise because you are under the understandable delusion (thanks to the media’s obsession with you) that you are somehow special and not bound by the same rules which govern mere mortals. After all, if you didn’t think you deserved extraordinary consideration, you would never have had the audacity to even float the idea of a presidential run after resigning office in a way that was clearly designed to get rich and stay famous.

Now that you aren’t running you have made yourself almost totally irrelevant. Unlike with Chris Christie (did you notice how much more passionately the media pined for him than you?), no one with an actual chance will want your endorsement. Once the nominee and the new VP candidate are chosen you will be very old news, and with no elected office (or, thanks to you’re your incredible lack of popularlity in Alaska, even the theoretical chance of one), you will have no opportunity to alter your narrative or make any news.

Now, if you realize all of this, then I praise you for making a selfless decision for the betterment of the cause. There was a time not long ago when I truly believed you when you said you were letting your principles guide you and, “If I die politically, I die.†You are now, clearly, about as politically dead as someone of your celebrity could possibly be.

However, based on my personal experience, I have lost my faith in your ability to correctly perceive reality or to be totally honest with yourself and the public. Therefore, I question whether this realization was truly the motivation for your decision not to run.

As someone who attended your spectacular convention speech and who put their fortune, career and reputation on the line in your defense, this is a very sad day for me. There is no doubt that you were dealt a horrible hand by a media determined to destroy you because you were once a threat to Obama. You made choices in dealing with your situation which have secured your family’s financial future and insured that you will always have a gig on television, but these decisions have also extinguished a flame which had the potential to light the conservative path for a generation. I still believe that had you stuck it out and remained as governor of Alaska things could have been very different today.

While I have made many mistakes and suffered greatly during this finally ending “Palin chapter†of my life, but at least I sleep well knowing my intentions were always pure. You once stated that in politics you are either eating well or sleeping well. Given the state of your life I wonder if your nights are nearly as restful.

http://www.johnziegler.com/editorials_d ... torial=204

Archived