IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

Iceland is definitely trendy right now - I know of two men (a couple years out of college) who took trips there to propose! I'm trying to save up to go there this time next year, I've always wanted to go, and my friend who is from there is getting married there! Her parents and brother still live there.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really doesn't matter where they go as long as he proves his manhood and knocks her up.  Then their "real life" will begin. Or will they claim infertility? [I am NOT saying that to HURT anyone truly enduring it]

54 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Iceland is definitely trendy right now - I know of two men (a couple years out of college) who took trips there to propose! I'm trying to save up to go there this time next year, I've always wanted to go, and my friend who is from there is getting married there! Her parents and brother still live there.

I think it's because you can get dirt-cheap airfare there right now. I was actually considering it, an airline was recently offering round-trip flights from my area to Reykjavik for only about $400. How often do you get to leave the continental US for that little?

5 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I became obsessed with Iceland as a child and back then people were baffled when I said I wanted to visit, as they imagined it as a cold, barren, boring place. 

Same! It has been on my list for at least 20 years. My interest started because of the Blue Lagoon. Whenever I mentioned it, I would get snickers and scoffs, eye rolls, and even insults about my oddity. Those same women who didn’t “get it” back then, are now bragging about how their kids just returned from Iceland. (I hate my neighborhood.) Anyway, I’m glad it’s gaining popularity because the airfare is cheaper. I’d like to go within the next 2-3 years, so I hope it stays trendy.

Not sure if any of the Duggar-spawn have honeymooned in New Zealand yet, but I could definitely see one of the couples there soon.

Personally, I'd love to vacation in Thailand.

Forgot all about Joy and Austin, and the family trips! Appreciate the correction!

Jinger and Jeremy were due to go to New Zealand after Australia but had to cancel because of the earthquake. 

Correct as necessary I'm trying to remember on the top of my head:

J/Anna: South Carolina?? (I remember it being at a beach)

Dwreck/OfJill: Outerbanks

Jessa/Ben: France

Joy/Austin: Switzerland

JoKen: Greece 

I just watched Josiah and Lauren’s TLC wedding announcement video, and maybe this is me being BEC but does it seem like to anyone else Lauren speaks really breathy? And like it’s put on? Like it almost seems like she’s trying to imitate “sexiness” but she’s too young, sheltered, and repressed so it’s just this weird ass sultry attempt.

also, something about this whole marriage has been unsettling to me. Kendra was too, but this feels even shorter and more abrupt. I just think about young Anna told half details and unbeknownst to her the secret conversations happening between JB and her dad to “secure” the marriage for the sake of his son. Like, I’m not trying to imply I think Josiah and Joe have done anything as heinous as Josh, but it feels like these girls are sacrificial lambs being lead to the altar and no one has their best intentions in mind. 

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

For our international Fjer's, "Outer Banks" refers to the string of Atlantic Ocean barrier islands off North Carolina: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Banks

I think J/Anna was somewhere along the Gulf Coast-- Alabama, Miss or Florida, Panhandle.

And didn't Jessa Ben do both France AND Italy?

I agree that anyplace in the Caribbean is out because of too much Nike! beachwear (and alcoholic drinks with umbrellas), but I can see a Duggarling doing some sort of ecotourism thing in Costa Rica or Panama.

I can see a trip to Ireland [where Chad & Erin Bates Paine honeymooned], although the Duggars have already been there. Also Alaska [which will minimize the chance of seeing scantily-clad beachgoers, & isn't really the land of fruity tropical adult beverages either.]

[speaking of big tourist destinations, sometimes I feel like I am the only person I know who hasn't been to Costa Rica!]

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Pretty sure Josh/Anna went to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Which may be a big deal, where they're from, but I live about 3 hours from there and grew up going there every year so it's nothing special to me. I'm looking forward to going back this year, but it's our "easy" bumming around vacation, not a "go, go, go do things!" vacation. Which I guess is probably good for a fundy honeymoon, considering all the Nike! there is to be seen there, they may have just stayed in the hotel room! Myrtle Beach is where everybody here goes after they graduate high school, and is "just the beach".  The wealthier people go to Hilton Head or Charleston instead, Myrtle Beach has a more redneck reputation in some ways.

The Outer Banks are more special, however - somewhat culturally different than the SC low country in some ways, harder to get to, and more historically important. 

What about Peru?  I've always wanted to do a trip there to climb Macchu Picchu.  Or China?  Walking the Great Wall would be so fun!

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any interest in travelling to South America or Asia.  

The older Duggars have been to Central America a couple of times. That’s probably not seen as a honeymoon destination for them. 

They have been to Japan so I guess that was enough Asia for them. 

No has gone to Scandinavia or Eastern Europe though. Has anyone gone to Germany?

For honeymoons, I just pulled this off the Inquisitr magazine website...

Anna: Myrtle Beach, SC

Jill: Outer Banks, NC

Jessa: Paris, France; and Rome and Venice, Italy 

Jinger: Sydney, Australia 

Kendra: Athens, Greece

Lauren: TBD

Joy: (One For Israel tour), Israel; and Geneva, Interlaken, and Zurmatt, Switzerland

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I'm looking forward to going back this year, but it's our "easy" bumming around vacation, not a "go, go, go do things!" vacation. Which I guess is probably good for a fundy honeymoon, considering all the Nike! there is to be seen there, they may have just stayed in the hotel room!

I've heard fundies complain about how people want interesting honeymoons these days; they think couples should be happy just having sex for the first time, and the desire for other honeymoon activities is only because sinful couples have been having sex already so they need something new. :roll:

If I wanted to spend my honeymoon doing nothing but having sex, I’d turn my phone off and stay in my house. Lol Vacation (and honeymoons) should be time to do things you can’t do at home.

I have short and long-term travel goals. 

Short-term:

1. Take Velocitoddler on our first family vacation. We’re in New England, so we’ll likely do Cape Cod for this. We’re hoping to do this next summer, but we aren’t sure if it’ll happen as we want to move to a bigger place.

2. Take a weekend trip without Velocitoddler. This won’t be for a while as we don’t feel she’s old enough yet, but we wouldn’t be traveling far - maybe just to Block Island, which we love.

3. Sesame Place. It’s apparently a good theme park for toddlers. And since it’s located in Pennsylvania we’d possibly be able to visit Amish Country and Gettysburg (one of my ancestors fought there fir the Union, so it’d be cool to show my kids.)

Long-term:

1. Travel to Italy. My husband’s family came from Italy in the early 1900s and I’ve been wanting to get him to Italy for years. We want to bring our kid(s) too, so we won’t be going until she/they are old enough to actually appreciate a trip like this.

2. I’d also love to eventually visit Germany and Ireland, as those are the countries my family is mostly from. And I’d also like my kid(s) to come with us, so another trip where they’d have to be older.

3. Disney World. Again, we don’t feel Velocitoddler is old enough yet. I want to be sure she (and any other kids) are tall enough to go on most of the rides and old enough to walk around without too many issues. 

Those are the big ones I remember right now. We’ve talked about driving to Canada for our first international trip with kids, but we don’t know when/if that’ll actually happen. Neither of us have been to Canada before, so it’d be a lot of fun getting to explore one of the cities (Montreal, Quebec, or Toronto) together if we do.

@VelociRapture - your vacation plans sound like fun. And you probably already know this, but your driver's license is no longer enough to get you into Canada. :( Passports all-around! Yay! ($$$$ - ugh)

52 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Those are the big ones I remember right now. We’ve talked about driving to Canada for our first international trip with kids, but we don’t know when/if that’ll actually happen. Neither of us have been to Canada before, so it’d be a lot of fun getting to explore one of the cities (Montreal, Quebec, or Toronto) together if we do.

There are thousands of cities in Canada, we don't live igloos and we understand American as well as English.

You might like to spend some time in Halifax, Niagra is lovely especially in summer.  If you have a hankering for a really mulit-cultural experience, google the events this summer in Winnipeg.  Calgary has the Stampede if you like cowboys and the Rocky Mountains lead  you to the cites in the western province, British Columbia.   Truly we're a huge and diverse country.  Come North and see lots of different cities, wildlife and scenery. 

2 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

For honeymoons, I just pulled this off the Inquisitr magazine website...

Anna: Myrtle Beach, SC

Jill: Outer Banks, NC

Jessa: Paris, France; and Rome and Venice, Italy 

Jinger: Sydney, Australia 

Kendra: Athens, Greece

Lauren: TBD

Joy: (One For Israel tour), Israel; and Geneva, Interlaken, and Zurmatt, Switzerland

We’re going to Switzerland next week on our interrail trip and then I will have visited all the Duggar honemoon destinations outside the US except for Israel. 

Not like a weird stalker tour though. Just out of love of travel. :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I have short and long-term travel goals. 

3. Sesame Place. It’s apparently a good theme park for toddlers. And since it’s located in Pennsylvania we’d possibly be able to visit Amish Country and Gettysburg (one of my ancestors fought there fir the Union, so it’d be cool to show my kids.)

sesame place isn't really close to amish country or gettysburg, they are all a bit of a distance from each other, so you'd have to stay at least a day and a night at each. there are several "seedy" hotels and motels near s.p., so be careful and check tripadvisor! and if you make it down this way, i'll treat you to a great cuppa cawfee :coffee: if you'd like!

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Just to share I'm super excited that Sesame Place is a Certified Autism Center. May other theme parks strive for something like this someday.  https://sesameplace.com/philadelphia/help/autism-resources/

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@VelociRapture - your vacation plans sound like fun. And you probably already know this, but your driver's license is no longer enough to get you into Canada. :( Passports all-around! Yay! ($$$$ - ugh)

Yep! Husband and I both have our’s already. We’d just have to make sure they aren’t expired if we go and make sure any tiny humans would have them too. 

@Greendoor I’m aware you guys are more than Mounties, moose, and maple syrup (though those are all pretty fantastic too!)

We’re in Southern New England though and driving to Toronto would be about 8.5 hours for us. A lot would depend on how old the kids are, how far we’d be willing to drive, and what we’d like to do. The Eastern portion of Canada would be the section that makes the most sense for our particular situation.

(And for the record, we always travel to cities when I’ve traveled internationally. It’s nothing personal against Canada, it’s just how my family prefers to travel most of the time. Sorry if you thought it was an insult to your beautiful country.)

@MayMay1123 Yeah, Pennsylvania is a LOT bigger than my state. I should have looked at a map. I don’t mind planning multiple separate trips to those places though. We could always do Sesame Place when the kids are little and then do another trip when they’re older to Amish Country and Gettysburg when we take a trip to Hershey Park (we did that when I was a kid and again a few years ago when husband and I went there.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived