IGNORED

I can't figure them out - Wissmans

lilah

It does look like there is a glass of wine in the picture but it's hard to tell. It could be water. And she doesn't look like she wears "modest" swim wear either. In the snorkling picture and the underwater picture, there is no sign of shoulder covering. *oh no!*

it appears that this girl breaks all the fundie rules. wedding dress, strapless dresses, swimwear, shorts, etc. Wonder how papa wissman feels about that.

I am shocked, simply shocked to see arms at a wedding posted on FJ! How dare you defraud me, unless it is a photo of one of you?!

I have to say, I do like the photo of the bridemaids with their heads looking through the glass in the doors. We took a similar photo with my bridesmaids, where we all poked our heads out from behind the doors of the room we were hanging out in prior to the ceremony.

This wedding just looked so ... normal! Go, Kori, go! Keep baring those shoulders!

I have to say, I like those bridesmaid dresses! The coral color more so than the insipid, pink, but the cut is nice. I'd totally be comfortable wearing them.

However, what's up with the horrible gladiator sandals on the second bridesmaid to the left? Ugh. Way too clunky to be wearing with a dress like she has on.

That's not the wedding party. That's the wissman family! haha :lol: Do you mean the brown ones on the girl in the lighter pink dress?? or the silver ones that all the bridesmaids wore?? The brown ones are awful.

I think the silver ones were pretty. It compliments the dresses really well. And the men look like they are wearing silver ties. I think it all looks very classy. Favorite fundie wedding ever.

That's not the wedding party. That's the wissman family! haha :lol: Do you mean the brown ones on the girl in the lighter pink dress?? or the silver ones that all the bridesmaids wore?? The brown ones are awful.

I think the silver ones were pretty. It compliments the dresses really well. And the men look like they are wearing silver ties. I think it all looks very classy. Favorite fundie wedding ever.

x2, I think it looks very elegant.

I think the photographer wasn't great, but the wedding itself looks very classic and tasteful.

I agree, very tasteful and nicely done. I love the table pieces at the reception. I like her dress and the accent colors she chose.

The only thing I dislike is the obligatory "dude in a tux with sunglasses" picture. Why do people think that's so cool? I see it everywhere. (and no offense if anyone here has pictures like that, I just personally don't get it)

I got some visual complaints. It seems pointless to me to have the eldest son's wife (I think her name is Abi) be the only woman dressed in black. Secondly, if they went with corals and pinks I would personaly not contrast it to black suits but choose a shade of gray or brown instead. Are non-black suits even allowed?

I agree, very tasteful and nicely done. I love the table pieces at the reception. I like her dress and the accent colors she chose.

The only thing I dislike is the obligatory "dude in a tux with sunglasses" picture. Why do people think that's so cool? I see it everywhere. (and no offense if anyone here has pictures like that, I just personally don't get it)

Ha, at my wedding it was the dudette in the sunglasses pose! For some reason that morning, while we were still at my parents' house before leaving for church (us women were getting ready there), I had a pair of sunglasses, which I put on and then flashed a thumb's up. The photographer was there to get some pre-church photos and managed to get the shot. After the wedding, when we got our photos from him, he put together a little brag book for us with his favorite shots and included that one in there.

OK, thread hijack over!

• 1 month later...

Andrew and kori wissman appear to be drinking from a beer-like looking bottle in her latest blog post. I find this very amusing. I don't know why.

To be honest, i kind of like them. they seem normal. Even though they are amongst the very conservative wissman family. they seem to do their own thing. I wonder if that comes from her? Or Andrew's desire to get out of the fundie circle? He doesn't seem to have a problem with her wearing jeans, or a nearly strapless wedding dress. And in some of their honeymoon pictures it looks like there is a glass of wine. I wonder if is forcing him to become normal, or he is willing turning his back on his upbringing???

koris-blog.blogspot.com/2011/09/old-threshers.html

I says in the blog that it is sarsaparilla, which is like root beer and contains no alcohol.

Damn, I had my hopes up that someone out there is having fun!

I've always liked the Wissmann family. They are like fundie-lite. Both Wissmann boys married women who wear *gasp* PANTS! They do have some dubious friends though such as the Beasley family.

I really like their blog and they are such a cute couple. I think it's great that Andrew and his brother(s?) are allowed to marry "normal" women. It shows that they are looking for their future wife on their own and not their parents/daddy. I really wonder how fundie Kori and Andrew still are.. for example when it comes to birth control or wifely submission. Does anybody know wether she has a job or if she is studying or something?

On her blog there are posts way back talking about her work. One talking about being a lifeguard at Disney World. Then there is another post talking about her work at a church with children... so She's had jobs. And I don't know about school. I would assume she went to school, since it took she and andrew almost 2 years to get married.

Archived