IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

Once again, Lori is being immodest, indiscreet, and downright inappropriate.  What goes on in someone else's bedroom is 100% none of her business.  She is not a counselor/therapist, nor is she in any way qualified to be one.  What she is, is a busybody (and a perverted one, at that).  She talks about sex more than anyone I've ever encountered, and quite frankly, it's both creepy and disgusting.

Today's post was clearly written by a man.  Lori has no business discussing sex with another woman's husband..  Even online (under the context of "ministry"), it is grossly inappropriate.

I am an Atheist, but I am also a southerner.  Around these parts, you don't discuss your sex life with other people.  It's considered crass and trashy.  

Lori is just nasty...  

Side note- this reminds me of the time Lori blogged that she had recently asked her father about anal sex.  It was the first time I realized that she is like this irl, as well.  I mean wtf?  What 60 something year old woman, asks her 80 something year old dad, what he thinks about anal sex???  

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am an Atheist, but I am also a southerner.  Around these parts, you don't discuss your sex life with other people.  It's considered crass and trashy.  

Wasn't she recently posting something about considering moving to Tennessee? 

I'd love to see that happen. She'd probably have daily fits, and quickly become "that yankee* woman" down the road that nobody likes. 

I bet she thinks the South is all like upper-class Savannah. But she'd be considered TACKY (and crass, and trashy, and a host of other things) by pretty much everyone anywhere with any class. And that includes a lot of people in the South living on the poverty line. 

*Yes, I know, she's from California. 

Spoiler

Women, do any of your women’s lunches, special speakers, etc. discuss the importance of sex with your husbands? Do they discuss the importance of husbands, or are husbands trampled on as ignorant cave men completely out of touch with today’s refined woman?

Maybe part of the problem is Lori teaching women that their feelings don't matter (see Instagram) and that you should marry a man that you're not in love with because he's a steady paycheck. It's not exactly a recipe for romance. 

Spoiler

Uplift him. He’s only human…just like you. You’ll change his life. I promise. If you don’t do that, the consequences will be your responsibility.

So whatever my husband does as an autonomous human is now my fault. How does that work? I mean, I understand action or inaction and consequence but how can I personally be responsible for my mate's shortcomings? My abusive ex used to run this garbage on me. I'm over it.

Why are most of her responses to people’s questions other blog post that she has done? Why can’t she simply answer the question like a normal person? I guess she does all of that studying but retains nothing.

12 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Why are most of her responses to people’s questions other blog post that she has done? Why can’t she simply answer the question like a normal person? I guess she does all of that studying but retains nothing.

Mentoring through her blog is her ministry, so of course that is the only appropriate way to answer! /sarcasm/

She does retain nothing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

KB is back with his disgusting comments. I reported it as violence but doubt anything will come of it. Disgusting Lori liked his comment. 

7 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I bet she thinks the South is all like upper-class Savannah. But she'd be considered TACKY (and crass, and trashy, and a host of other things) by pretty much everyone anywhere with any class. And that includes a lot of people in the South living on the poverty line. 

I grew up in the South (Virginia) and Lori would be blackballed almost immediately. Word would get out that she didn't have any proper home training (y'all know what that means) and therefore should be ignored at all costs. Then there'd be that one really old granny who no longer gives a shit who would tell her how it is. EVERY church, EVERY community has one of those in the South. The best I'd wish for her is to run into an old, black granny, you know, 90+ years old, knows the entire county, raised everybody's kids, stopped giving a shit 40 years ago...Lord, I'd PAY to see that one!!! I saw one jump someone's shit...Granny Williams...she was from Smithfield (the land that time forgot), and man...you have no idea how glad I was that I was NOT on the receiving end of that. 

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So I had real life issues to deal with for the last week and half so I skipped Lori while dealing with the real life stuff then Jilly Rod thread blew up and it took awhile to catch up so today I finally started reading Lori. Well I kept skipping every 4 or 5 pages. Unless I missed it, nothing has changed. Women still are horrible, can't work, must obey, listen to their husband, must pop out babies, must discipline with the rod, never get out of an abusive relationship (because it is your fault he hits you, you just aren't submitting enough) etc . So did I miss anything? ;)

And an obligatory post about public school being evil due to— 

• Sexually active teenagers

• Atheistic and agnostic teenagers

• The Theory of Evolution being taught in science classes

• History classes, in which students are taught that people have done terrible things in the name of various religions (He believes that Christianity should be taught as the truth, and we should teach students that Christians have never done anything that wasn’t righteous)

• Teachers assigning students to read literature that isn’t the Bible

• Students not being taught that Christian-morality is the only morality

• Teenagers who attend public schools and realize that there is nothing wrong with being LBGQT, and

• Teenagers hiding who they are, in order to please their parents or to avoid punishment 

... all of which is written by a self-described “ missionary masquerading as a public school teacher.” 

He and Lori don’t understand that teachers can address religions in their various curricula, as long as such inclusions have a secular purpose (teaching about religion v.s. teaching religion); furthermore, that teachers must treat all religions and secular perspectives equitably (neither disparaging, nor promoting any religious or secular belief). It’s hard for me to believe that he is teaching without promoting his religious views in his classroom. I know that it can be done! It just seems to me that someone who calls secular/non-Biblically focused curricula “indoctrination,” isn’t likely to stay within these defined legal and ethical boundaries. 

4 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Mentoring through her blog is her ministry, so of course that is the only appropriate way to answer! /sarcasm/

She does retain nothing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wish that her husband would point out to her, that churches with structured mentoring programs have an application and training process for a reason. It seems that Lori regularly violates the “do no harm” principle that is inherit in each of the programs that I have read about.

Not that she cares, but I hope that some of her followers will come to understand that mentoring implies that the mentor and mentee(s) have a relationship, and that this is glaringly absent in Lori’s “mentorship ministry.” 

One of the men Lori teaches:

I could have written the above statement. Today is my 38th wedding anniversary but it has been mostly 38 years of being a roommate. My wife has had sex with me maybe 20 times in all those years, I have slept in a separate room as well because ” you’re too restless a sleeper and I need my rest”

He continues:

Over the years I have talked to 4 different pastors about this and their advice has been a kinder version of “suck it up”

Now I'd bet you a donut that Lori will wring her hands over this "good, godly" guy, and tell him how horrible his wife (who she's never met or spoken to) is.

But an abused woman?  Not so much.  Lori would tell her to suck it up/suffer for Jesus/endure to save her husband's soul.  Then she might add on something like this:

Hit.thumb.PNG.465b21d1dd7d2ad6540faecb25c36611.PNG

Today's post = Lori "borrowing" someone else's work again.  Debi Pearl, today. 

Naturally, this is the kind of article Lori loves.  Why?  Because right out of the gate, Debi reveals that she knows fuck all about history.

We live in a society where meltdowns are an acceptable part of life. In former generations, even the worst parents did not produce mass shooters.

Really?  Ever read a history book?  There have ALWAYS been monsters among us.  Just look at yourselves (Debi & Michael).  You created an entire ministry out of beating children.  

Anyway, I got bored and quit reading.  They are too dumb/vile for words.

What's everyone having for dinner tonight?  I got up early and put a couple of tender roasts and a couple of bags of carrots in the crock pot (tops w/ a mix of Classic soda, McCormick Au Jus gravy, and McCormick Savory Pot Roast Seasoning).  After that's cooked for 12 hours, I will serve it over rice, with fresh asparagus and corn on the cob.  

Tomorrow I'll use the leftover roast for lunch sandwiches.  It is soooo good on toasted ciabatta.  I'll make a pasta salad to serve with it, and call it done.  Easy.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Today's post = Lori "borrowing" someone else's work again.  Debi Pearl, today. Or Michael Pearl.  Who knows?  Not Lori, that's for sure.  At the beginning she writes that it's by Debi Pearl, but by the end she's attributing it to Michael.  Her idiot readers will naturally assume that she wrote it. 

Naturally, this is the kind of article Lori loves.  Why?  Because right out of the gate, Debi reveals that she knows fuck all about history.

Really?  Ever read a history book?  There have ALWAYS been monsters among us.  Just look at yourselves (Debi & Michael).  You created an entire ministry out of beating children.  

What's everyone having for dinner tonight?  I got up early and put a couple of tender roasts and a couple of bags of carrots in the crock pot (tops w/ a mix of Classic soda, McCormick Au Jus gravy, and McCormick Savory Pot Roast Seasoning).  After that's cooked for 12 hours, I will serve it over rice, with fresh asparagus and corn on the cob.  

It's Friday, so we are probably going to go out. We usually do on Friday night and combine it with errand running in the city. 

I'm still not feeling well, though, so we may get takeout or stay in town. 

Oooh, that evil TV and Netflix! Both of the little Bonkers are watching an episode of "Magic School Bus" this morning before they go off to play. It's got MAGIC right in the title, it's got to be evil, right? :2wankers:

I would have liked to see Michael or Debi address the point that one of them made at the beginning of the article- that the most recent 'bombing spree' (also, wtf?) was committed by a homeschooled Christian boy. Doesn't that kind of disprove their methods? Maybe this boy's parents should have bought him a pony to train or had him ride bikes more? Does Mikey know that we all don't live out in the holler like he does?

Anydoodle- I'm making bacon cheeseburgers and French Fries for supper tonight. Fridays are always fun food nights here. Blueberries were super cheap at Aldi, so I'm going to can up some blueberry lemon jam this morning. Take THAT, Mikey, with your "parents these days" bullshit.

Lori sucks.

This evening I get off work early, so I think I'm going to participate in some Pokemon Go raids if any are happening (I now have like 20 new acquaintances due to Pokemon, it really does bring communities together!) and then just pick up some takeout somewhere for dinner. Maybe Japanese, maybe a burger, depending on what I feel like and what time it is.

15 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'm making bacon cheeseburgers and French Fries for supper tonight.

That sounds so good!!

Leftovers here. Last night I made a big batch of our version (dairy/gluten & grain free) Mexican chicken skillet whatever in the insta pot and there's plenty for tonight. 

Also, didn't at least one of the Pearl kids end up divorced?  Seems like they make a lot of effort NOT to mention that.  Is that son supporting his "blessings" at all? 

Then there's the daughter who ended up living in a hovel with no running water or electricity. #parentinggoals, amIright? :pb_rollseyes:

I just caught up on Lori's last few posts...

What in the ever loving hell is wrong with that woman?

You know what, Lori, no, I do not sit around talking about sex every time I see my female friends. And, no, not every event at my church is about sex. In fact, none of them are. And that is not a bad thing. Because normal adults don't obsess about sex all the time like you do. The rest of us grew beyond age 17 and learned that some things are private. 

I hate to inform Lori that numbers of teen sex & drug use have been declining the last few years.  I used my google tactics & saw several articles covering at least the last 7 years that reference either a decline or numbers simply staying steady.  It's not hard to actually research things Lori!  

And maybe i'm being a bitch...but I wanted my child to actually  know real science...not be taught the earth is flat & only 6000 years old.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/fewer-teens-having-sex-as-decline-in-risky-behaviors-continue/2018/01/04/a868bf84-f15c-11e7-97bf-bba379b809ab_story.html?utm_term=.c622ede8f881

12 hours ago, PhoenixRising said:

I wish that her husband would point out to her, that churches with structured mentoring programs have an application and training process for a reason. It seems that Lori regularly violates the “do no harm” principle that is inherit in each of the programs that I have read about.

Not that she cares, but I hope that some of her followers will come to understand that mentoring implies that the mentor and mentee(s) have a relationship, and that this is glaringly absent in Lori’s “mentorship ministry.” 

I think it was back when they attended North Coast Cavalry Chapel that Ken claimed the church was sending thousands of women to Lori for mentoring. Lori before that stated that some women didn't like her "mentoring" and she mentioned a story about a couple who met with her and Ken and the couple refused to meet with them again. I wonder if the church at time was lax when it came to volunteer programs and it was only when people complained about Lori that they decided to have a training process or some requirements for volunteers. Lori would be the type to dislike that and they went looking for another church.

I don't think Trey= Ken and Lori.  Trey's wife Amanda had an established online presence, long before Trey was even a twinkle in Lori's eye.  She was pretty active in scrapbooking or sewing circles....something like that.  I also seem to remember someone going through her writings and finding the "wrastling a bull" story, so they had that in common.  

Besides that, the above threat doesn't read like Ken or Lori at all, and neither of them are smart enough to develop a different persona.

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Blueberries were super cheap at Aldi, so I'm going to can up some blueberry lemon jam this morning.

I would KILL for your recipe! Lemon-blueberry is one of my favorite flavor fusions! 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Today's post = Lori "borrowing" someone else's work again.  Debi Pearl, today. 

Tomorrow I'll use the leftover roast for lunch sandwiches.  It is soooo good on toasted ciabatta.  I'll make a pasta salad to serve with it, and call it done.  Easy.

Lori and Debbie Pearl, that fit's like the butt on the bucket, as a local saying goes here. Both passive- aggressive, into child abuse and proudly writing about it.

Dinner today is just a multigrain breadroll with some sausage and cucumber. Tomorow I will have some cream spinach with boiled potatoes and scrambled eggs and sunday will see roulades with potato dumplings ,apple red cabbage and self made gravy, yummi.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived