IGNORED

Dillards 57: Run, D’Wreck, Run!

Jellybean

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I feel like at this point if Jill gets pregnant again, the whole pregnancy is going to be overshadowed by Derick saying and doing weird, offensive, and bone-headed shit. Like the thread will go hot with the pregnancy announcement, and stay hot when Derick goes on a Twitter tirade about how TLC kills babies or something.

Didn't he post some "it's not your body" shit right after they announced Jill's pregnancy with Sam?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

The thing that gets me is that he's obviously posting shit like this just to provoke people. Like, that's it. That's the only reason. He wants to piss people off. This is a guy with an anger problem, an inferiority complex, and the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old (apologies to 13-year-olds). I feel sorry for Jill, but I feel more sorry for their boys. I can only imagine what living with him is like.

THIS. I really wish people just stopped giving him attention. Arguing with him is just what he wants. He loooooves feeling attacked. He wants to be a righteous  martyr in the sick perverted world of evil lefties and feminazis who don't agree with him. I'd love for everyone to ignore him for like 2months, maybe he'd bugger off. I feel sad knowing it's impossible :( 

I feel sorry for his family too. I'm sure he likes to pick up fights and make it all the other person's fault.

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

We can only hope that there are no more children born into this mess of a family. 

Such wishful thinking. 

Wow I can’t believe being slightly deprived of attention because of Mother’s Day has caused DWreck to make a massive grab for all the spotlight he missed *sarcasm* 

So what are Derick and Jill going to name their next child? Derick will want it to be something that will piss the libruls off. 

Donald Pence Dillard

Roy Moore Dillard

Maga Melania Dillard

Huckabee Palin Dillard

Although he might want to piss Jill's family off even more. When I did my future baby names predictions I figured he might go with J names or M names, hoping that someone will point out that JB and Michelle had the J theme and Josh and Anna have the M theme going so that he can pretend to be offended and shout, "They don't own those letters!!!" Maga Melania would kill two birds with one stone. They could call her Maggie. 

Hopefully it's a girl (I am delusional enough to believe that if/when they have a girl, they will stop because Jill will be done and Derick seems done as it is).

Lydia Michelle. 

Lydia after Aunt Lydia. Michelle after Mechelle and because it rhymes with Israel and Samuel. Jill will secretly call her Selah when Derick isn't within hearing range.

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Congrats Derick for posting something right out of Zsu’s hatebook. Next level achieved.

I am honestly shocked those two haven’t gotten together to organize a play date. I shudder at the things they would accomplish together. Children don’t know hatred and discrimination from birth but of course Zoo and DWreck would have great fun pretending their creative kids came up with this on their own.  

On 13.5.2018 at 5:01 PM, VelociRapture said:

Mother’s Day post from Jill:

The photo quality is dark and grainy, but it’s still somewhat sweet and the caption is a solid effort. Even better no mention of abortion (is this real? Is it even a Duggar post if it doesn’t sneak in a message about abortion?!) I give it seven out of ten stars. 

No post from Derick so far. I’m eagerly awaiting the incredible fail that will be.

ETA: Highlights from the blog post -

1. Jill praises Cathy and talks about how they first got to know one another while Derick was in Nepal. They met up for coffee, invited each other over, Jill would stop by to see her sometimes after attending births, and Cathy took her to get milkshakes once in Derick’s car. This portion was actually kind of sweet and she seems very genuine discussing her relationship with Cathy and the fact that she considers her a blessing in her life (and her sons’ lives.)

2. Jill talks about her mom. This part didn’t seem as sweet to me as the earlier part about Cathy. She talks a lot about her mom teaching her about God and attending the MOPs event here. She does mention that she admires her mom’s patience and that no matter what she’s doing she’s reminded of fun things her mom did with them as kids - she doesn’t really offer any examples though, which is a shame because that would have been a great focus for the post.

3. Jill mentions being excited to homeschool Izzy. 

4. Jill, again, shared that cringeworthy list of 16 prayers to pray for your children. 

So, the blog post I’ll give a four out of ten stars. The portion on Cathy was genuinely lovely and it seems as if they have a very sweet relationship together - but the part about Michelle was weak, the post wasn’t very well written (not entirely Jill’s fault - she got a crap education), and that prayer list popping up again just pisses me off enough to take off an extra star. 

I agree. That mother's day message to Michelle is not very...uhm...from the heart, I'd say? The part about Michelle is really weird. I disagree with the 'crap education' argument, though. Jessa received the same SOTDRT education yet she is able to compose a proper paragraph with a solid argument and backs it up with examples, as well as a decent command of written English. So I don't blame it on the education per se and more on Jill, if you KWIM. Maybe Jill realized what a crap relationship she has with her mother after seeing what kind of a mother Cathy was to her husband. (Even though I am not sure I would call her successful in raising her sons, given we kinda have to endure witness the outcome on a daily basis nowadays).

13 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I am honestly shocked those two haven’t gotten together to organize a play date. I shudder at the things they would accomplish together. Children don’t know hatred and discrimination from birth but of course Zoo and DWreck would have great fun pretending their creative kids came up with this on their own.  

I read the their as in: mutual children. Haha...:laughing-rolling:

Derick, it feels like just yesterday you were telling us  that volcanos and hurricanes mean the END TIMES are a'comin.

Why build a wall, if so?

PS You couldn't get Izzy's blocks to spell out something like "MAGA" or "I Hate Mexicans"??  try harder next time.

PPS Didn't I tell you that Jeremy announcing his acceptance into a real Divinity school meant that Derick would throw a social media tantrum???

Jeremy got some attention and now he wants all attention. He really is horrible. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But dWRECK, weren't you trying to save those people? Now you don't want them in your country? Is it because you're a racist with a white savior complex?

I'm really actually confused about this. I thought Jill loved and had a heart for other cultures? 

Where is all this anger and hatred for our fellow man coming from lately? Not just from the Dillards but in general? My heart hurts. 

2 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Where is all this anger and hatred for our fellow man coming from lately? Not just from the Dillards but in general? My heart hurts. 

The hatred was always there. Now, though, we have a "leader" (Oh how loosely I use that term) who spews it freely and has emboldened the like minded to be more vocal about it too. But they've always been around, stewing in secret. Only thing that keeps me going is that I truly believe they are a (loud and annoying) minority.

8 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm really actually confused about this. I thought Jill loved and had a heart for other cultures? 

Jill's love for other cultures probably only applies when they view her as a white savior. 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill's love for other cultures probably only applies when they view her as a white savior. 

Jill’s love for other cultures also only applies when they stay in “their” country

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Hopefully it's a girl (I am delusional enough to believe that if/when they have a girl, they will stop because Jill will be done and Derick seems done as it is).

I sincerely hope that they have no more children, especially a girl.  If they had a girl I believe Izzy and Sam would immediately be viewed as potential "Josh's".  Didn't Jill say, during a TV interview, that she planned to institute the same protections for her children as her parents did after Josh's behaviors came to light?

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:
4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

ETA: Over 700 comments on his post in just an hour. I have a feeling that comment section is not going to be very fun for him.

(Or maybe it will be. He’s like the Regina George of the Duggar family with how he thrives on drama.)

I fully believe he posted this for the reactions. I agree with @singsingsing; I cannot fathom any other reason. 

14 minutes ago, Joyfully said:

I fully believe he posted this for the reactions. I agree with @singsingsing; I cannot fathom any other reason. 

Oh definitely. I’ve seen this from MAGA people many times. They do and say things that are deliberately inflammatory so they can sit back and say “so much for the TOLERANT left!” 

It is smug and annoying. He’s not interested in reaching anyone’s hearts or minds. All he wants is the attention and the satisfaction of upsetting the heathens with his godly truth. :2wankers:

Seeing Derrick's "wall" Instagram post made me think "Poor Izzy and Sam, they don't even know the horrible virtual paper trail their dad is leaving in their wake. What will the other kids at school think?" but then I was immediately like "Oh wait..."

In any case, those poor kids. Derrick is such a shitty person. There's nothing cleverer to add at this point.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I sincerely hope that they have no more children, especially a girl.  If they had a girl I believe Izzy and Sam would immediately be viewed as potential "Josh's".  Didn't Jill say, during a TV interview, that she planned to institute the same protections for her children as her parents did after Josh's behaviors came to light?

This is so true. However I don't think for a second they'll stop at 2 kids. And if they keep having boys they'll go until Jill's uterus bursts or they have a girl. Just a sense I get from her, not sure why to be honest.

I had a brain glitch for a minute or two, and seriously thought it was Jill posting. I litteraly felt my jaw drop, and I think I exclaimed more or less silently wtf. Luckily Hubs was out of the room, or else I would have had some serious explaining to do :P

...then I saw it was D'wreck, and it all made sense. He really is a gluton for insta-punishment, isn't he? 

I can't believe he is saying it with a picture of his kid. Is he that dense? 

6 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

I bet they were so effective as missionaries in Latin America. I bet they were respectful and really engaged with the locals on a personal level. I bet they never once looked down their noses at them. 

LMAO, j/k we know they were condescending, white-savior, assholes. This sort of thing just proves it. Not a shred of empathy for anyone that isn't exactly like them. 

Exactly. How does a person who lived in Central America and knew the daily struggles of many of those folks, whom he claimed to have befriended, scribe and post such a horrible comment and using his young son as bait?  What an asshole. Sorry, but he should NEVER be considered for any religious role, ever.

I want to rage at Derick because of that post, but I also feel like I can’t. There’s few things I hate more than xenophobia. He’s looking for a reaction. He’s an antagonist, through and through. 

My life philosophy basically comes down to the quote “the opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference” I don’t want to give him the satisfaction of hating him, but I think I have to. He’s a train wreck. He reminds me of the people who will light a match that will likely burn themselves as long as it burns the guy next to him. Sigh.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived