IGNORED

Iowa Caucuses Tonight

47of74

The Iowa Caucuses are being held this evening.  Of course the national media doesn't care because we don't have about a dozen idiots wanting to out Nazi each other like we did on the GOP side back in 2016, or the good people on the Democrats side who were running then.

They're still on, even though the weather is supposed to be bad this evening.

The Iowa Caucuses will continue as planned this evening.  We recognize the hardship that today's weather could cause for some caucus-goers to get to their caucus site this evening. However, after reviewing Iowa Code and our respective constitutions, there is no provision for us to postpone the caucuses due to weather.   

They're good to go to if for no other reason than to hang out with other Iowans who do not think that fuck face is the Lord Jesus Christ Park 2 and that Steve King and Rod Blum are not the greatest things since sliced bread.

But still I'm not risking my life to go to one if the weather is bad.  It'd be different if I lived in town and was within walking distance but since I don't it's not worth the risk.  In a Presidential year I might be more willing to attend even if the weather's bad but this isn't one.

We have a primary later this year but I wish we'd have that here for the Presidential as well because having the caucus the weather doesn't always cooperate and people who have to work can't go.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

The Iowa Caucuses are being held this evening.  Of course the national media doesn't care because we don't have about a dozen idiots wanting to out Nazi each other like we did on the GOP side back in 2016, or the good people on the Democrats side who were running then.

They're still on, even though the weather is supposed to be bad this evening.

They're good to go to if for no other reason than to hang out with other Iowans who do not think that fuck face is the Lord Jesus Christ Park 2 and that Steve King and Rod Blum are not the greatest things since sliced bread.

But still I'm not risking my life to go to one if the weather is bad.  It'd be different if I lived in town and was within walking distance but since I don't it's not worth the risk.  In a Presidential year I might be more willing to attend even if the weather's bad but this isn't one.

We have a primary later this year but I wish we'd have that here for the Presidential as well because having the caucus the weather doesn't always cooperate and people who have to work can't go.

I'll send Rufus an extra offering asking for his  (or is it her) ever loving grace to shine upon you and all if Iowa.

40 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'll send Rufus an extra offering asking for his  (or is it her) ever loving grace to shine upon you and all if Iowa.

I think we'd have to ask our resident Rufus reverend here on FJ, @singsingsing for the answer to that one, @onekidanddone, but if it's up for debate, I'll vote that our blessed Rufus is a female.

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I think we'd have to ask our resident Rufus reverend here on FJ, @singsingsing for the answer to that one, @onekidanddone, but if it's up for debate, I'll vote that our blessed Rufus is a female.

Hmmm... I would say that, while Rufus presents in the physical realm as male deer, in the spiritual realm (s)he is neither male nor female, no is he asexual or agender, but rather encompasses all possibilities because (s)he exists on a higher plane of being. So while in our restricted physical realm he has taken on the form of a male deer, it would not be inaccurate to refer to him, nor would he object to being referred to, as a female.

And may Rufus bless the great state of Iowa and its people with wisdom and discernment tonight.

10 hours ago, Rosalie said:

I’m voting female, too!

How did the caucuses go, @47of74?

I didn't make it last night.  The roads were pretty bad yesterday evening. 

Archived