IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

I tend to agree. Martha seems to be wearing a bit thin around the edges for a (seemingly) happily married, very young woman with one child who lives within walking distance of her support base. It's impossible to know how much medical care she has access to, but I hope she's availing herself of whatever options she has. "Pink Drink" isn't going to do much besides give her cavities in her teeth, and make her visit the toilet more frequently. 

• I Agree 2

Notice Addie’s comment. There’s another picture of Kennedy and Andrew together. So is she hinting that all three couples are expecting? Or is she hinting that all three are the youngest married couples? 

F3896F54-067A-4876-8439-4D2E91D5F70E.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Notice Addie’s comment. There’s another picture of Kennedy and Andrew together. So is she hinting that all three couples are expecting? Or is she hinting that all three are the youngest married couples? 

F3896F54-067A-4876-8439-4D2E91D5F70E.jpeg

I think she means they’re the youngest couples

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

It appears that Addie deleted the comment, presumably because she realized it could be misinterpreted?

• Upvote 3

On 4/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, caitrona said:

I get the impression from her posts that Martha hasn't been in great health since Zandry was born.  Not sure that going all in with plexus ? will be any help, but it seems like it's been a real struggle for her.

I have to wonder how much of an emotional struggle secondary infertility would be in that community. It would be draining to me to be a part of all that world and not have babies if I had my entire net worth tied to it.  And to possibly have had something either known or unknown keeping her from "blessings" that they think come from G-d.  Gah, these women can't win. 

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Agreed. Addie's turn of phrase can be extremely awkward due to her lifelong habit of infantilized speech patterns. I think that this was meant to be read as "All de widdle baby married couples!!! <3<3<3" or something equally eye-rolling.

But... Adeline isn't above a double entendre. Based on probability alone, I think that both are pregnant. Kennedy I'm less sure of. 

13 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It appears that Addie deleted the comment, presumably because she realized it could be misinterpreted?

It still shows up for me. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I have to wonder how much of an emotional struggle secondary infertility would be in that community. It would be draining to me to be a part of all that world and not have babies if I had my entire net worth tied to it.  And to possibly have had something either known or unknown keeping her from "blessings" that they think come from G-d.  Gah, these women can't win. 

Browsing through who Martha follows on Instagram, she follows a few "infertility journey" accounts and some eating disorder recovery ones too. I hope that if either of those is something she's dealing with, she is able to find some peace.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Adeline is dating (courting?) according to Kressants instagram

Edited to add: I think its Michael Holloway..

Edited by cami
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 7

Just when I thought I really need an Internet break, Addie goes and starts courting... damn! Along with Sarah Maxwell, she is one of the few fundie daughters I really wished to find her Prince Charming. Let's hope this Michael isn't a total douche, and let's hope he wasn't handpicked by Pa Morton...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Has hell frozen over?

I've also really wanted to see her court. This should be interesting.

Looking at his Facebook-- spelling is certainly not his strong suit.

• Upvote 8

I hate to see this. She’s just going to breed more bigoted, patriarchal, closed minded Morton’s into the world. 

• Upvote 6

I'm just imagining what Addie's courtship story on The Knot would look like - full on L M Montgomery at her most flowery!  I hope it happens. 

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Kind of interesting that he went down to visit her in Paraguay, especially since she made it seem like she was only there to help out with Rachel's baby. Guess he had to meet the whole family before they could make it official.

He apparently works for a local "jewler" (sic), whether as a salesperson or a craftsman of some sort, I don't know. But he's very young and I can't imagine he's making much money. I suppose if they get married there will be a house on the Morton compound for them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I'm calling the 2020 Morton Baby Boom now!  Everybody gets a baby!!  

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Kind of interesting that he went down to visit her in Paraguay, especially since she made it seem like she was only there to help out with Rachel's baby. Guess he had to meet the whole family before they could make it official.

He apparently works for a local "jewler" (sic), whether as a salesperson or a craftsman of some sort, I don't know. But he's very young and I can't imagine he's making much money. I suppose if they get married there will be a house on the Morton compound for them.

I thought the same about Paraguay. Addie originally planned a long stay, but for some reason, it seems like she was planning on a month or so? It's been 4 weeks. Maybe she extended her stay, and he felt the need to visit.

Even if the Mortons perform one of their famous courtshengagemarriages in under 3 months, it's still unlikely that she will be in need of a house before the autumn. Alyssa and Sam have a lot of work left to do on their house, but it's possible that they could finish it this year. Addie and her "jewler" could inherit their apartment. Though in accordance with Morton Tradition, the boy usually takes the girl away from the compound. Martha's return after their start in Indiana is a unique exception.

Unrelated, this is a random post from Micheal Holloway's facebook from earlier this year:

Its been said, that when a train goes through a tunnel, it gets completely dark inside the train, but heres the kicker, the moral of the story, even when the train of your life gets dark, and it seems like you are burried beneath some mountain somewhere where nobody or even God hears your cry, just remember someone desighned that tunnel, before you ever got on the train someone had already laid the track, so no matter how dark your tunnel seems or how long it seems to keep going, trust that the one who laid the tracks before you ever stepped on the train has already determined the direction in which you are going and has already ordained an exit out of your tunnel, and the sweetest light your eyes will ever see, are light after the darkest dark.

A tunnel is just a shortcut through a mountain, that might have been otherwise impossible for you to climb.

So... there's that.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 5

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Let's hope this Michael isn't a total douche, and let's hope he wasn't handpicked by Pa Morton...

This X a gajillion, though I've wondered if any of the Mortons, including Pa, have ever understood how the patriarse system they push fucked up Katie's life (and the lives of her children) in such a terrible way.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 10

How fitting if, after all these years in her father's and siblings' houses, her new headship shares a first name with her father AND her oldest brother. I wonder, if he was hand-picked, if his young age wasn't a selling point. He looks to be about 22 to her 27; a 27-year old man would probably be more independent and less amenable to Pa Morton's meddling.

• Upvote 6

According to his FB, he finds the "most relaxing feeling" in cleaning his guns. ?

• Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 4

But, who will co-parent all her niece's & nephews? Will Katie's oldest daughter now be promoted to caregiver/babysitter and leave tea parties & princess dresses behind? So many questions and oddly (or not) they mostly involve everyone else and not the new (-ly announced) couple. Addie filed many rolls for her siblings & their spouses & kids. What will they all do now?

Atleast she will likely have her own babies to raise now. That's got to be a relief no matter how godly being a SAHD is.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate to see this. She’s just going to breed more bigoted, patriarchal, closed minded Morton’s into the world. 

Yes but she's starting late, so it may not be at the pace of some of these "baby couples".

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Yes but she's starting late, so it may not be at the pace of some of these "baby couples".

She probably won’t have 12 like her parents. But she will have more than your average family. And there are already enough Morton’s with disgusting beliefs to go around. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, VVV said:

According to his FB, he finds the "most relaxing feeling" in cleaning his guns. ?

OH FFS

• Upvote 8

Between all those trains going into tunnels and mountains, and the good feelin' he gets from "cleaning his gun", I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is the thirstiest piece of fundy manhood we've seen in a minute.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Agreed. Age aside, I doubt that Addie will have anywhere close to the early S'Morton output of babies. Evidence so far seems to suggest that the current child-bearing generation of Morton-born females has pretty average fertility. Katie set the standard and kept pace with the Smith SILs for years, but she's proven to be an outlier. Dorothy manages one every 2-3 years, and Martha (Zandry will be 4 in September) has the distinction of having the oldest singleton of anyone in her family in two generations. 

But then, we're talking about a family where it's strange if someone has only one breastfeeding child at any given time. ?

Adeline will be 28 in a couple of months. Even if she gets married and pregnant before the end of this year, she'll almost certainly be 29 before she'd deliver her first. The closest comparison in her family is her SIL Lise Kendall Morton, who married days before her 30th birthday, and had her first at 31. She's now 37, and has had 4 children. My prediction for Addie is a maximum of 6 kids, assuming she marries this year.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Wow, next thing we know Jana Duggar, the Botkinettes  and Sarah Maxwell will be married and Maxhell will have frozen over!

8 hours ago, VVV said:

Well Addie will be “cleaning his gun” soon and he’s sure to find that even more relaxing. Hopefully she won’t wash his feet at the wedding.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic