IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am saying for some time now, that my bet is he will never be king. The Queen very well might reach a state where she cannot fulfill her duties anymore but is still alive. I see him being Prince Regent for some time but she gives me the impression to maybe outlive us all. He very well might die or drop this role due to age and health reasons before she dies.

Being King/Queen in the UK is a bit like being pope. Even better, you are not only head of Church but you also get all the bling. A job till you die though, you cannot just retire. But that’s what you have a Regent for.

Why can't she abdicate? I mean I'm not saying she should or plans to, but I don't think being king/queen HAS to be for life, didn't her uncle (Edward the I think VIII?) abdicate?

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, meee said:

Why can't she abdicate? I mean I'm not saying she should or plans to, but I don't think being king/queen HAS to be for life, didn't her uncle (Edward the I think VIII?) abdicate?

Well, of course she technically can. It is just „not expected“ of you.

10 hours ago, meee said:

She promised when she took the crown that she would never abdicate. I'm pretty sure she takes that vow quite seriously. 

I don't know if this has been discussed but I find it interesting that besides the interview with ET  the short video made and a tiny bit on one of the lives  neither the Bates or Bobby and Tori have spoken on social media about them having a boy. Tori and bobby not that surprising as they don't post much but I find the silence on the Bates IG weird they always talk about babies and this one they have been very quiet

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't know if this has been discussed but I find it interesting that besides the interview with ET  the short video made and a tiny bit on one of the lives  neither the Bates or Bobby and Tori have spoken on social media about them having a boy. Tori and bobby not that surprising as they don't post much but I find the silence on the Bates IG weird they always talk about babies and this one they have been very quiet

I have been thinking about this. Seems like Tori and Bobby are very private people, they have an instagram but last post was in may and it was the pregnancy announcement. I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to pull out of the tvshow.

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

I have been thinking about this. Seems like Tori and Bobby are very private people, they have an instagram but last post was in may and it was the pregnancy announcement. I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to pull out of the tvshow.

well her pregnancy announcement will be featured next week. I guess we will see how much they are in the next season which I figure will probably be Jan or Feb. I agree that Tori doesn't seem to like the spot light.  

8 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Tori Bobby Gil and Kelly discuss the Tori and Bobby move

https://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-toris-nightmare/

When Zach and Whitney were talking about how the girls all move when they get married, Whitney seemingly out of nowhere says, Katie will move. 

That struck me as odd unless she is dating Evans brother. They were talking about the Nashville area. Is she even 17 yet?

28 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

When Zach and Whitney were talking about how the girls all move when they get married, Whitney seemingly out of nowhere says, Katie will move. 

That struck me as odd unless she is dating Evans brother. They were talking about the Nashville area. Is she even 17 yet?

I think they were joking about Katie they said she would move to an island. LMAO Katie will be 18 in October. I think Whitney was just saying that none of the girls were going to stay around Gil and Kelly unlike say Erin the other girls would follow their husbands. 

The comment about Katie is really strange, or she is courting and they think she will move when she marries, or she is not courting but has an interest in a dude they know live far away, or whitney think she hates living near her family lol

8 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

think they were joking about Katie they said she would move to an island. LMAO Katie will be 18 in October. I think Whitney was just saying that none of the girls were going to stay around Gil and Kelly unlike say Erin the other girls would follow their husbands

I rewatched it. It still strikes me as strange, Whitney says Katie will move pretty much out of the blue while they were talking about Tori & Carlin moving to Nashville area.  It felt like Zach threw in the Bahama joke as a quick cover up.

I think maybe the Katie thing could be because she said she wants to go to nursing school and we know crown doesn’t have a nursing program so maybe she’s been checking out some out of state ones? 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:01 PM, Carm_88 said:

She promised when she took the crown that she would never abdicate. I'm pretty sure she takes that vow quite seriously. 

Yes, her uncle's abdication and choosing of his personal desires over his duty was so traumatic for the family (what with her father becoming King and it being so horrifically stressful for him with his stammer PLUS the war), that the idea of her abdicating is likely to be unfathomable to her despite peaceful recent abdications among other royal families, such as the Dutch (the last 4 Dutch monarchs all abdicated in favor of their adult children), the Spanish, and the upcoming Japanese abdication.

Plus, she is honestly more popular than Charles despite everything he's done that has significantly improved his own public image (he likely will genuinely be a decent King), that there would be an outcry if she stepped down. And no, she can't abdicate in favor of William if Charles is still alive and well, despite what some of the tabloids claim.

What is happening is that Philip has retired from public duties since he's her consort not the monarch AND he's 5 years older than she is, and Charles and Camilla are taking on more of her day to day duties. Plus she's divesting herself of a number of patronages and spreading them out to some of the younger royals. She's still Queen and still doing a lot, but is pragmatically slowing down, which is sensible. 

Still, her mother made it to 101 and was active almost until her death. (Margaret, on the other hand, was a heavy smoker, had a lung operation, pneumonia, and a minimum of three strokes between 1998 and her death in 2001. Elizabeth has seemed to have a healthier lifestyle overall, so is more likely to follow her mother's example, having already significantly outlived her sister.) Longevity!

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think maybe the Katie thing could be because she said she wants to go to nursing school and we know crown doesn’t have a nursing program so maybe she’s been checking out some out of state ones? 

This banner is currently on Crown's homepage:

image.thumb.png.1371b2628230580bfe0c134b841acba3.png

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

maybe they heard a Bates Kid wanted to be a nurse and they of course didn't want to lose out on a Bates so they made the new program for her. (I honestly don't know if I'm kidding or not.)

18 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

maybe they heard a Bates Kid wanted to be a nurse and they of course didn't want to lose out on a Bates so they made the new program for her. (I honestly don't know if I'm kidding or not.)

Huh, so I did a search for "crown college of the bible healthcare" and got the link to the new school. Weirdly, they have it live despite it all being placeholder info. Still, keep an eye on this link to see what the school offers in the future.

https://thecrowncollege.edu/academics/school-science-healthcare/ 

Even if this *IS* Crown, presumably the program itself will have to be accredited if it's going to offer a nursing degree (as we assume), so it will have some standards. PCC, crazy school that it is, still has a high rate of NCLEX passing of over 96%. So Christian emphasis or not, hopefully it will teach genuine, usable skills. (I know, probably too hopeful, but still.)

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Man, I wonder what kind of “science” they plan on teaching 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Man, I wonder what kind of “science” they plan on teaching 

Maybe Christian science, for all I know. In other words, the science that claims the solution to injury and ill-health of any kind is praying. Not doctors, medications, acupuncture, or life-saving surgery! Just nice, miraculous cure-all prayer! :my_angel:   

5 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Welding would be a really good skill for some of these fundies to learn though. I’m glad crown will offer that.

What if a GIRL applied to that program? Oh my stars!

I didn't find the Katie comment odd. Sometimes you just see a person world travelling? Like we always said about my brother, that kid is going to go far away.  I think there is something about Katie they see as adventurous. But we all know that will be killed off and she'll be married and pregnant soon. 

7 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Welding would be a really good skill for some of these fundies to learn though. I’m glad crown will offer that.

I thought this said “wedding” and I was actually not surprised if that was something Crown offered.

“Looking for that ring by spring? Get a Wedding Degree to be fully prepared for God’s calling in your life!” 

1 hour ago, Mayluka said:

I thought this said “wedding” and I was actually not surprised if that was something Crown offered.

So did I, glad I wasn’t the only one also I'm also glad I reread the banner. 

On 7/19/2018 at 2:34 PM, HereticHick said:

I just woke up from a nap and I’m a little exhausted but I read that as “wedding technology” and immediately thought “of course.”

Edit: Just read the comments above mine hahah! I guess I’m not alone.

New picture of BoRi since they haven’t updated their Instagram in a while and we haven’t had any bumpdates. Tori looks kinda small for 5 months but Alyssa carries on the small side too so I guess it could be genetic. Does anyone know how much the Bates Kids weighted at birth? Because all the grandkids so far have been on the 5-7 lb range

BC3D443A-82BD-4459-AA7A-DE49B6417694.jpeg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived