IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

I had a very large picture that wasn’t centered above my couch for a good long while. I just used the nails that were already there. It bugged me for at least a year before I finally centered it. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just struck me how totally boring Bobby and Tori are. They are currently the only Duggar or Bates couple who are pregnant and in their thread we’re discussing off centered pictures on her wall lol. Also why did Lawson post that picture anyway? I think its bc the Bates usually announce the gender and name before their babies are born but Bates pregnancies dont give us much to discuss. 

15 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

It just struck me how totally boring Bobby and Tori are. They are currently the only Duggar or Bates couple who are pregnant and in their thread we’re discussing off centered pictures on her wall lol. Also why did Lawson post that picture anyway? I think its bc the Bates usually announce the gender and name before their babies are born but Bates pregnancies dont give us much to discuss. 

I think Lawson is currently house sitting for Tori and Bobby. Carlin mentioned last weekend that Tori and Bobby are in New Jersey helping a family out

17 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

My guess- there will be more pictures till it is a whole gallery wall. Need to have some space for all the baby pictures you see (and that might be a lot).

But they put the huge canvas all the way on the left already. Why not start in the middle and move it once you have more photos.

This makes no sense to me but I’m such a particular person and poorly decorated homes sort of make me crazy. I know how BEC this sounds.

37 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

I think Lawson is currently house sitting for Tori and Bobby. Carlin mentioned last weekend that Tori and Bobby are in New Jersey helping a family out

Why would a couple with no kids or pets need a house sitter? Not trying to be rude, I just didn’t realize people did this. Is it just to keep people from breaking in?

1 hour ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Isnt Lawson in California at the moment? and why would they need a house siter?

Um... how did you guys get that the picture is from Tori and Bobby's home? The pictures on the wall are way to blurry for me to make out.

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Um... how did you guys get that the picture is from Tori and Bobby's home? The pictures on the wall are way to blurry for me to make out.

There’s a S and the pics are of them.

14 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

But they put the huge canvas all the way on the left already. Why not start in the middle and move it once you have more photos.

This makes no sense to me but I’m such a particular person and poorly decorated homes sort of make me crazy. I know how BEC this sounds.

Why would a couple with no kids or pets need a house sitter? Not trying to be rude, I just didn’t realize people did this. Is it just to keep people from breaking in?

Right. Didn’t think about that. Maybe they just haven’t had the time to hang the rest but it is already all there?

Or maybe there is no reason to it and they just don’t mind the strange look (I DEFINITELY would centre it though)?

In last night's episode they were talking about Tori had low Progesterone in the beginning of her pregnancy and had to be put on to stop from miscarrying.  Is this a common thing? 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

In last night's episode they were talking about Tori had low Progesterone in the beginning of her pregnancy and had to be put on to stop from miscarrying.  Is this a common thing? 

Bates girls seem to have lots of problems with fertility.

1 hour ago, llucie said:

For all the talk of leaving it up to God, maybe God decided that he gave the Bates Family enough babies when He gifted KJ and G with 19...just something that has been picking at my brain.

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I believe this is the same genetic related issue that Erin has (I could be wrong)

Not even close.  Erin has a clotting disorder.  Kelly had low progesterone as she got older.

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

After my miscarriage I had to be put on progesterone for every subsequent pregnancy to help raise my progesterone levels and sustain my pregnancies. I carried two normal, healthy pregnancies before my miscarriage and it was only after that, that we realized my body did not produce proper levels of progesterone. It’s certainly not uncommon.

I believe Kelly Bates had to do this as well.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

This is one thing that is actually good about Steve Maxwell's family. All the girls cook, clean, laundry, etc. Everyone has her specialty but everyone can do a little bit of everything. The boys even cooked and cleaned and the girls did construction.

Now, if he would just marry one off....

Maxwell food always seems to be so bland (and even nasty at times) that you everybody could do what they call "cooking"!

But apart from that I agree with you - at least they seem to be rotating chores. Maybe because they are not such a mega family like the Duggars. or Bateses

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Maxwell food always seems to be so bland (and even nasty at times) that you everybody could do what they call "cooking"!

But apart from that I agree with you - at least they seem to be rotating chores. Maybe because they are not such a mega family like the Duggars. or Bateses

Oh, ophelia, that is what SOME MIGHT CALL COOKING in Maxhell! :P

On 8/31/2018 at 4:04 PM, BeccaGrim said:

On 9/1/2018 at 2:15 AM, Seculardaisy said:

After my miscarriage I had to be put on progesterone for every subsequent pregnancy to help raise my progesterone levels and sustain my pregnancies. I carried two normal, healthy pregnancies before my miscarriage and it was only after that, that we realized my body did not produce proper levels of progesterone. It’s certainly not uncommon.

I believe Kelly Bates had to do this as well.

I am sorry for Tori. You don’t get medication to sustain a pregnancy if you haven’t had a miscarriage or experience complications with one right now. This is a scary situation which I can relate to, because there is always the little voice in your head thinking it might still go wrong.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:01 PM, llucie said:

Problems with fertility?.... Let's see without fertility treatments of any sort (including sustaining a pregnancy):

Erin, Michaela and Tori would have no children, and Kelly would only have 17 or 18 instead of 19.

Alyssa has no issues so far, obviously, with Josie and Carlin we will soon see.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:04 AM, BeccaGrim said:

I know myself and 3 other women that needed progesterone supplements to get pregnant. I had to continue with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy to make sure my levels stayed safe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, this would drive me absolutely crazy--being treated as public property just because you're pregnant. I guess Tori is just used to it though. 

I'm also really confused about the kid's name now. Tori originally said Cade, but Kelly has now said Kade at least twice. 

16 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I'm also really confused about the kid's name now. Tori originally said Cade, but Kelly has now said Kade at least twice. 

This is the same family with the Michal/Michael/Michaela/Michaella saga. Are you surprised? :)

55 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Ugh, this would drive me absolutely crazy--being treated as public property just because you're pregnant. I guess Tori I just used to it though. 

Tori doesn’t exactly look thrilled about being touched. I’d hope they’d know better than to touch her and share photos of her being touched if she didn’t like it, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t care. The Bates family doesn’t seem to understand what personal space and boundaries are. 

Tori does look very lovely though. Hopefully her pregnancy is going smoothly and she (eventually) has a safe and easy delivery.

52 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The Bates family doesn’t seem to understand what personal space and boundaries are

This, so many times over.  I don't know all any of them can stand it but I guess they are all used to it having grown up with it, it's normal to them. 

I am waiting for that one Bateseseses kid to finally run away from screaming "ahhhh, get me away from my batshit family!"

52 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I am waiting for that one Bateseseses kid to finally run away from screaming "ahhhh, get me away from my batshit family!

I think Alyssa did that under her breath.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived