IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

New picture of BoRi since they haven’t updated their Instagram in a while and we haven’t had any bumpdates. Tori looks kinda small for 5 months but Alyssa and Erin carry on the small side too so it seems genetic. Does anyone know how much the Bates Kids weighted at birth? Because all the grandkids so far have been on the 5-7 lb range

BC3D443A-82BD-4459-AA7A-DE49B6417694.jpeg

I looked up Jeb was 7lb 8 oz  two weeks early  I found that of course because was born on camera for united bates. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2018 at 7:59 AM, HereticHick said:

What if a GIRL applied to that program? Oh my stars!

I just played with their application form and ticked the radio for "female" and it didn't made the radio buttons for the "2-Year Trades program" and "Welding" unavailable, so you can APPLY for the welding program as a woman and they'll take your $45 application fee.

Whether you have any chance of being accepted is an entirely different story.

I was thoroughly enjoying the monarchy thread drift and then saw the post about Crown's website, and thought there was a cool Netflix announcement about "The Crown." And then it was a completely balloon deflation experience when it was like "Crown...oh yeah, the bible college." Blech. I'm a hair disappointed they'll now potentially have the healthcare option because that'll likely eliminate Katie's option of getting to go somewhere else. But then again, maybe it will make her getting that degree more realistic because she can go to her parents' fave college to get it. Either way, sign me up for more thread drift. The limitations of fundie Crown is depressing in comparison to discussing the actual crown. 

So according to Kelly’s ig the baby’s nickname will be Kade, not Cade. I like it with a c better. Kade just makes me think of the Kardashians 

Tori Bobby/bump pic

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So according to Kelly’s ig the baby’s nickname will be Kade, not Cade. I like it with a c better. Kade just makes me think of the Kardashians 

who knows but I wouldn't take Kelly on her word. she can't even name all her kids and thought Zoey was Lexie a few weeks ago. 

What a sweet way to announce a pregnancy. Unfortunately my family never prays and they'd probably figure out a pregnancy when I ditch the white wine at a family get together. (We are a boozy family..)

15 minutes ago, ophelia said:

What a sweet way to announce a pregnancy. Unfortunately my family never prays and they'd probably figure out a pregnancy when I ditch the white wine at a family get together. (We are a boozy family..)

Lmao that’s how I found out my cousin was pregnant. She went on a trip and she wasn’t smoking and drinking. I knew immediately 

Regardless of Kade's spelling, I wonder why they chose that as a nickname out of anything. It sounds nothing like Robert or Ellis. Plus imagine how confused he'll be when he's called Kade all throughout his childhood, but then sees his completely different name on legal documents.

1 hour ago, agentshade said:

Regardless of Kade's spelling, I wonder why they chose that as a nickname out of anything. It sounds nothing like Robert or Ellis. Plus imagine how confused he'll be when he's called Kade all throughout his childhood, but then sees his completely different name on legal documents.

Having a nickname/pentane totally unrelated to your real name isn’t uncommon. I have never heard of children struggling with it. It is the same when they learn that Mama has a real name of her own too.

I actually like Kade a lot better than Cade, dont know why, Tori seems to be glowing and looks the happiest i have seen her since before the wedding, seems like she is liking it in her new home in Nashville.

19 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Tori Bobby/bump pic

Tori sure looks like a brunette Erin in this picture. It is interesting to see how they look alike and different. I grew up in what would be considered a large family these days (4 children) but I don't see any resemblance among us. If we'd had 15 more siblings, I'm sure we'd have seem more similarities.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:32 AM, miss_batson said:

I red somewhere Tori's due date is Novembar 24th. And i agree she does looks great.

Nope, sorry, that's not okay. I don't want to share my special and rare (something like the 11th least frequent day to be born on according to something that had been in a previous David and Priscilla Waller thread) D.B. Cooper Day birthday with a Fundie. In my 46 years, I have only met one other person with my birthday, and that was when I was 40!

On 7/20/2018 at 2:01 AM, Kaylo said:

Welding would be a really good skill for some of these fundies to learn though. I’m glad crown will offer that.

At first glance, I thought that said wedding technology...which for fundies could come in handy. LOL!

On 7/27/2018 at 1:06 AM, agentshade said:

Earlier in the thread (or maybe a previous one), the nickname was discussed as being supposedly derived from his designation as the fourth Robert Ellis Smith (though "Kade/Cade/Quade" has no connection to "four" or "fourth" in Latin as claimed by Tori).

I just googled nicknames for Robert cause I was curious:

Robby, Bobby, Bertie, Bob, Bert, Rabbie, Rab. I'm not crazy about any of them so I wonder if maybe Tori wasn't either and made this weird excuse for Cade/Kade?

I know a handful of people who name their child as a jr, 3rd, 4th, etc and then call them something entirely different right away, either related to the numbering (Trey, Cort) or unrelated entirely. Doesn't make sense to me, but I suppose to some it keeps the tradition alive legally and they get to use the name they like!

Or, I don’t know, give your child the name you really like straight away? Or a second name you like and can be used? Or, if you don’t like the nicknames call it by the actual name? There is no rule you have to call someone with a nickname or the first first name (when there are more than one).

I don’t know what the big deal is.  Carson and Chad are both named Charles. I’ve never heard of Carson as a nickname of Charles before.

My husbands nickname has nothing to do with his name, it has it’s advantages. I can tell when we get a phone call from a telemarketer or sales person!

If you go here: https://www.focloir.ie/en/dictionary/ei/four- and click the "m," the pronunciation sounds a little like cade-er.

I can kind of see how they got there even if it's a bit of a stretch. But then it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me, either. Almost everyone on my dad's side has a first name they never use, go by their middle name at work/more formally, and have a completely different and unrelated nickname with family.

Also, Charlie Carson is the name of the butler in Downton Abbey, so I get a kick out of the Carson nickname for Charles. I'm sure it's not on purpose, but imagining little Carson as a tiny butler makes me awwww.

supposedly on some site's cade/Kade has the meaning the fourth and he is the fourth boy with that name in the family so that's why they chose that nickname. 

This was previously discussed - he'll be Robert IV, 4  = quad = Cade/Kade. So it's their way of saying fourth.

Re names that have nothing to do with your legal name: I don't know if it's universal across Thailand/Thai culture, but a lot of Thai people I know go by a really short nickname that doesn't sound derived from their real name (which is often quite long). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived