IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

52 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I'll just go ahead and say it, maybe others are thinking it too.  I hope I can express this rightly.  I think it's incredibly remarkable that DPIABRT has put Little Eva in this photo shoots with a black man.  I know the Phillips professed consociation with Voddie's family but generally VF was not terribly-integrated and I do NOT think Little Eva grew up with black boys at her indoor pool.  All that to say, I think she's being as mature as her 18 or 19 years will take her (independent world traveler and all) but her parents did NOT expose her to other races, especially African Americans, much in her formative years and so now, to be dancing, albeit innocuously enough with a  full grown black man is new in the Phillips "story."   I'll be interested to see if DPIABRT poses his younger boys with black girls in photos and if little Virginia will also be encouraged to make friends with black kids. I'm not trying to pay undue attention to race,,,,,for most of us it's normal to see friendships like this lived out and photographed, but let's remember who we are talking about. This would NOT have happened 5 years ago. 

I agree. I also wonder how the "girls" rationalized  going from a "jazz is a degenerate art form" mentality to being 24/7 1940s swing dance cosplayers. That photo is especially curious, given how hard VF pushed the neo-confederate line. Maybe the Phillipses were always breaking the VF rules in some form or fashion and presented a different image to their adoring followers. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Maybe the Phillipses were always breaking the VF in some form or fashion and presented a different image to their adoring followers. 

Well. Crazy Jen Epstein had that account of Beall telling her, "We don't actually BELIEVE this stuff....."

I missed the “we don’t actually believe this” commentary, but it would explain quite a bit as to how these fundie girls segued effortlessly (?) into singing-dancing-stage makeup on the street cosplayers traveling the country alone.

While Doug Phillips may not have been a kinist or said slavery was really OK, like Doug Wilson , he was happy to sell his rubbish to the neo-Confederate "Christians" and if that meant acting as though he himself believed in their shite, he had no problem with that. Whether or not that was all a sales shtick will never be known, but there is a clear track record of pro-Confederate shite in the defunct Doug's Blog.

He lauded Otto Scott, wrote an ode to R.L. Dabney, and then there are these gems of neo-Confederate boot-licking (and a bonus statement on keeping daughters at home!!) from Doug's Blog, since we're dredging up evidence from the past:

image.thumb.png.24833de42da8e12e4799e758998af693.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.48901e463a7a94abd0504335b136d4ee.png

5ac65fc96bf4c_ScreenShot2018-04-05at7_41_01AM.thumb.png.611d5e22011cdbbded44a793cb70f720.png

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Likely she's never been on a date, held hands, or kissed a boy.  So, yeah. You never know what VF holdovers and weird double standards are happening in this family.  And cognitive dissonance.  How could I forget cognitive dissonance?

Just to clarify, I wasn't criticizing Faith for looking uncomfortable, which would be TOTALLY understandable for the reasons you mentioned above. I was mystified that Doug would make a point of posting clips of it. I would think there must have been better moments to highlight.

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Here is Faith with Dandy on his Instagram page. He sure is good looking. 

She's been following him on insta for quite awhile, and when Hannah Snow posted a photo with him a couple of weeks ago Faith was  all "Gurrrrrl!! *heart eye emoji*" in the comments, so I got the impression she might have a crush on him (though she follows his (I believe) girlfriend as well, so it's probably of the more platonic sort).

Gotta say, besides being a cutie, his layered outfit and color/pattern choices are simply awesome. Looks like he's seriously into 1940s nostalgia cosplay.   

Not relative to Dandy, but I can see how a talented seamstress could make bank sewing custom vintage clothes. 

Have any of you looked at the Operation Meatball page?  Evangeline Faith is on the front page, but has wiped off a layer or six of make-up... I saw it and had a "Harpo, who dis woman?" moment because she looks like a completely different person.  A person somewhere close to twenty.   

Also, I've never heard of Dandy Wellington but he's got incredible style.  When I Google Image searched him, he looks like a time traveler from the Jazz Age.  

Interesting...they've included stories about Korean War vets and Vietnam War vets. Am I mistaken in thinking that's recent?

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Interesting...they've included stories about Korean War vets and Vietnam War vets. Am I mistaken in thinking that's recent?

Yes. It's probably about marketing -- more reunions to crash, more vets to exploit, more $$ for the "non-profit."

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes. It's probably about marketing -- more reunions to crash, more vets to exploit, more $$ for the "non-profit."

It's going to be a hell of a lot harder to romanticize the Vietnam War, that's for sure. And I'm not entirely sad about that--I think it does a disservice to vets when people *ahem* make it about dancing, music, and fashion. 

Maybe I missed it previously, but there's more information on the "non-profit" at their website.

Here's the world headquarters of Operation Cheatball:

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 7.37.33 AM.jpg

7 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

@hoipolloi That's an apartment complex.  I really hope it's not their residential address... :( 

I dunno, from the looks of it, it's a very nice apartment complex. Certainly nicer than the one I live in, being a person who does actual work for an actual non-profit that actually benefits people. 

https://www.toscana-at-sonterra.com/

ETA: Forgive me if this sounds mean, it's just that I have little sympathy for making a living off grifting in the name of elderly veterans. Especially when it pays for them to live in luxury apartments and travel overseas. 

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I dunno, from the looks of it, it's a very nice apartment complex. Certainly nicer than the one I live in, being a person who does actual work for an actual non-profit that actually benefits people. 

My guess is that it's the residence of one of the board members, but not necessarily a board member with the last name of Phillips.

That said, it does look like a very nice complex. If you plug #1422 into their apartment search function, it's interesting to see the range of prices. No idea if those are high, low or average for the area -- or how they compare with Durango, CO.

@ViolaSebastianNot saying it's a bad place!  It's better than my apartment.  :)  Just concerned that they would use a home address for a publicly accessible document.  It seems like a really bad idea.  

On 4/4/2018 at 10:06 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

That's IT, Beall - you are now officially a pathological liar in my book. "Self-sufficient and independent" - this, from the woman who helped her husband push his stay-at-home-daughters bullshit for years.

Beall is seriously testing the little pity I had for her. Does she think we're all stupid? Former devotees and  critics alike are going to remember that the whole SAHD principle was a central tenet of their ministry and there's plenty of evidence of it all over the Internet. She's not fooling anyone.

I'm surprised she's not at least trying to baby step her way out of the hardline SAHD stance the way the Botkins are. Maybe she really is just as narcissistic and two-faced as Doug and thinks she can spin whatever lie any way she wants?

I have to wonder why she keeps up the public presence.  She could just go private and have her friends view her IG and blog. 

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Maybe she really is just as narcissistic and two-faced as Doug and thinks she can spin whatever lie any way she wants?

IMO - BINGO. 

If she didn't care enough to protect a young woman from sexual abuse under her own roof (no one will ever convince me she didn't at least have an inkling it was going on), then she's capable of pretty much anything.  

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I have to wonder why she keeps up the public presence. 

I think for the same reason DPIART does - they can't live without the ego-stroking.

Hmm... Very curious about the guy in the foreground and who he might be there with. Because it sure ain't J-Tits or Injustice. Providence isn't that old, is he? 

That could very well be Providence. He's only around 15 this year, but based on the pics at JTits wedding, he's already taller than Doug (granted, that's not difficult). The hair looks a little closer cropped than Prov usually wears it, though

^ He's in the Jurassic Park tee

But I am wondering if one of the older boys is there; Beall says "preteens to mid-20s" preteen would be Virginia, but the only ones in their mid-20s are the two oldest boys.

I'm wondering if that could be a glimpse of Justice peeking out behind Faith in that pic (wearing a grey t-shirt)?

Phillips offspring wearing Jurassic Park and Star Wars shirts?  What in the hell is going on?

Boy howdy how things have changed.  

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

My guess is that it's the residence of one of the board members, but not necessarily a board member with the last name of Phillips.

It's listed on the contact page as the Snail Mail address which makes me lean towards a Phillips living there.

Does anyone know Liberty and Faith's birth dates?

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Maybe I missed it previously, but there's more information on the "non-profit" at their website.

Here's the world headquarters of Operation Cheatball:

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 7.37.33 AM.jpg

Stone Oak is one of the nicer, newer parts of town-the North Side in general gets richer (and whiter) the further north you go. This area is middle to upper-middle class. And Sonterra is one of the snootier parts of Stone Oak. There are loads of less fancy, less expensive apartment complexes in San Antonio but not in Sonterra. San Antonio, incidentally, is one of the most economically segregated cities in the U.S.

I am not a fan of Stone Oak.

12 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

It's listed on the contact page as the Snail Mail address which makes me lean towards a Phillips living there.

Liberty should be September 24, 1996, and Faith is January 14, 2000

24 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Jubilee had a birthday this week

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived