IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

57 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@Loveday

It seems there was some conflict in the family, but more significantly, a history of mental illness.

An article I'll link to specifically says: "Texas officials have only said that unlike some other massacres at houses of worship, neither religious nor racial animus was the motivation."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/11/07/as-texas-town-mourns-details-emerge-on-gunmans-methodical-tactics-in-church-massacre/?utm_term=.ff8e8aeed03d

So all I have seen has specifically refuted religious persecution and talked about mental illness.

Thank you. That article brings together most of the bits and pieces of news I've been hearing off and on the past couple of days. 

But my God, what those people went through inside that church. :(

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lori's chat room writer does, with her story, what a lot of Christians do. They make sure everyone knows that when tragedy struck their life, they were strong and faithful and never turned from the Lord. This attitude makes other people - people who are just as committed to their faith - feel like failures if they grieve or become angry or, Heaven forbid, don't face the crisis with a long list of memorized scriptures. 

Today's post gave the message, in my opinion, that those families in Texas should not be sad or angry. They should just be at peace in their faith. That kind of pressure makes me so angry and it makes me feel even worse for the families who have suffered loss. 

Reader:

I used to carry a little guilt about not watching the news and teaching current events to my daughters. It's just too overwhelming to me. I leave it to my husband to keep up on the news. I also ask him how he would like for me to vote. I make him pie and he takes care of the decision making. It works perfectly for us. 

Sounds like a charming arrangement!  "Here, take my vote and a slice of pie to go with it!"

Lord have mercy on my soul, these women are nuts!  Absolutely nuts!

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Sounds like a charming arrangement!  "Here, take my vote and a slice of pie to go with it!"

Lord have mercy on my soul, these women are nuts!  Absolutely nuts!

That woman has got to be a poe

I won't lie- my husband would be embarrassed to be married to anyone so ignorant that they relied on him to make all of their decisions.  It's nothing to brag about.

It broke my heart reading the woman talking about giving prayer requests because her husband can't hear or whatever and how she might just start passing him notes so he can read them. Noooo don't diminish what brings you joy. If your husband hasn't complained, if no one has complained (and even if someone did complain) you don't need to stop. You aren't doing anything wrong. We're supposed to pray for each other and for each other. We're supposed to individually show our care.

Reading that made me angry with Loru because I never saw a reply. There's no real mentorship or teaching. She'll only comment to agree or tear down. Does she agree with that conclusion? Does she not? 

Also screw that with the weaker vessel crap. I'm going into counseling, I've heard some stuff. I do some advocacy for sexual assault survivors. It's my job to be somewhatinformed. It's my job to handle the darker parts of life. But there's joy and beauty in the ashes. 

Christians should be informed because they need to know where God's creation is suffering. Ignoring it, is ignoring Christ. My professor talked about having a dark faith, especially when dealing with trauma victims a lot and it struck me with how accurate it is. Sometimes you're going to doubt, you're going to question what the heck God is doing, sometimes sheer stubbornness will keep you believing. And you'll come out stronger for it . We are not promised a comfortable life here. Lori, Do not make excuses for your lack of empathy. Some of your brothers and sister just died and you don't want to watch the news? 

Bullshit. The news upsets Mr. terribly. He's very sensitive to violence and is a ten year fire/ems vet with a history of mild PTSD. He has no desire to see it. 

Me, I watch. It makes me think deeper and wonder how we can make the world a better place. I've never shied away from heavy topics  

She has a video up and says a “woman” asked her if she doesn’t get invited places because of her diet. First of all, never in the history of mankind has anyone ever asked that BECAUSE if she isn’t being invited, how would she know she isn’t being invited? It seems oddly suspicious that this “woman” asked her this right around the same time FJ was saying the exact same thing. She also says she doesn’t have many friends but quickly stutters around it. Lori, you don’t have friends because you are a sinister, judgmental, no fun floozy who would just as soon  stab a “friend” in the back to be critical of her, trying to go VIRAL. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you have a post go VIRAL?

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I won't lie- my husband would be embarrassed to be married to anyone so ignorant that they relied on him to make all of their decisions.  It's nothing to brag about.

Mine would flat out leave me if I ever acted like these women.

This feminist went to work, went to the gym, cooked dinner (ok, most of it was microwaved...thank you Trader Joe's) and had a pot of coffee ready when Mr. Xtian came home from work. 

TBH...my husband was the more "ignorant" one when we married. I've always been the more umm...intellectual (?) one and he CHOSE to use his brain for something other than keeping his head from imploding...you wouldn't believe the grief I got from HIS family over that. They swore up and down that I kept his balls in my pocketbook...ROFLMAO...like I have the attention span to be that controlling...hell, I forget my to-do list, forgot my phone at work on Friday, left my coffee cup yesterday..

Lori's daughter Alyssa posted on IG that she just finished a program to become a holistic nutritional therapy counselor--the kind of program that has instructors and involves writing papers. And now she is going to use her training to help other people.

While I don't think it's a college program, it does sound college-ish. And using your training to help others sounds kind of like a career to me.

Lori posted that she is proud of her and loves her. Don't get me wrong. That's a great response for a mom to have! But it's just one more example of the hypocrisy that oozes out of Lori. If it's okay for her daughter to get some training in preparation for a career, then maybe she doesn't have to be so critical and negative when other women do the same thing.

2 hours ago, SweetLifeSunshine said:

She has a video up and says a “woman” asked her if she doesn’t get invited places because of her diet. First of all, never in the history of mankind has anyone ever asked that BECAUSE if she isn’t being invited, how would she know she isn’t being invited? It seems oddly suspicious that this “woman” asked her this right around the same time FJ was saying the exact same thing. She also says she doesn’t have many friends but quickly stutters around it. Lori, you don’t have friends because you are a sinister, judgmental, no fun floozy who would just as soon  stab a “friend” in the back to be critical of her, trying to go VIRAL. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you have a post go VIRAL?

Haven't seen the video, but a woman did comment on Lori's IG about this. She wondered how Lori managed to get out in the world with such a restricted diet. She added that she doesn't believe in organic, so she couldn't ever have Lori over. I think this hurted Lori's feelings.

I'm sorry to report that this video, like all her others, begins with a picture of her mouth wide open.

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think Lori's chat room writer does, with her story, what a lot of Christians do. They make sure everyone knows that when tragedy struck their life, they were strong and faithful and never turned from the Lord. This attitude makes other people - people who are just as committed to their faith - feel like failures if they grieve or become angry or, Heaven forbid, don't face the crisis with a long list of memorized scriptures. 

Today's post gave the message, in my opinion, that those families in Texas should not be sad or angry. They should just be at peace in their faith. That kind of pressure makes me so angry and it makes me feel even worse for the families who have suffered loss. 

@usmcmom, I couldn't agree more. Thankfully, Jesus understands our fear, our grief and our pain. He wept when his friend died. In the garden of Gethsemane He asked God to let the cup pass from him, if it were possible. In Luke 22 it says He was in anguish.

In the letter to the Hebrews we are told that Jesus, our high priest, understands us in our weakness. 

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

This feminist went to work, went to the gym, cooked dinner (ok, most of it was microwaved...thank you Trader Joe's) and had a pot of coffee ready when Mr. Xtian came home from work. 

TBH...my husband was the more "ignorant" one when we married. I've always been the more umm...intellectual (?) one and he CHOSE to use his brain for something other than keeping his head from imploding...you wouldn't believe the grief I got from HIS family over that. They swore up and down that I kept his balls in my pocketbook...ROFLMAO...like I have the attention span to be that controlling...hell, I forget my to-do list, forgot my phone at work on Friday, left my coffee cup yesterday..

I would forget my own head if it wasn't attached to my neck. :pb_lol:

Comment under the fancy kitchen doodle. Doesn't this seem more like the Proverbs 31 woman than Lori ever is? And am I just being BEC here, or did Lori kind of gloss over that and turn it into being about herself? 'Cool story, now let's talk about me some more!'  

1510149102324.jpg

8 hours ago, Hisey said:

I'm sorry to report that this video, like all her others, begins with a picture of her mouth wide open.

:pb_mad: Of course it does.

From the video:

I was sick for so...so many years that umm, we kind of got out of the loop and *shakes head* I didn't have...I don't have a ton of friends.  I have friends...I have family and everything...I have plenty. *mumbles something unintelligible* 

Lori- You don't have friends because you are a mean spirited gossip!  You talk about your friends online, and use their personal issues for blog fodder!

Umm, so I , you know we weren't invited out to eat because I was so sick for all those years.  I've only been feeling good since the beginning of January.

Lori posted extensively on her Always Learning blog, about the fact that they ate out at least once a week.  They also went to weekly happy hour.  That was YEARS before last January.  

The fact is, she alienates people.  She acts like she knows it all.  She thinks she's too godly for everyone else.  She gossips about her "friends".  Of course no one invited her to dinner!  Who's going to sign up for that kind of abuse?

10 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Mine would flat out leave me if I ever acted like these women.

ETA:. My conservative Baptist pastor husband who does not ordain women would not even put up with these women being so ignorant and dependent. He knows life sucks sometimes and women have to take care of themselves.

He'd certainly expect me to pack a bag and grab whatever important papers I could and drive my own butt away from a fire.

33 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Comment under the fancy kitchen doodle. Doesn't this seem more like the Proverbs 31 woman than Lori ever is? And am I just being BEC here, or did Lori kind of gloss over that and turn it into being about herself? 'Cool story, now let's talk about me some more!'  

I agree, Lori's response was about herself. The woman is involved in a meal ministry program. I'm guessing it is  one of those church programs where members prepare and provide meals to other members in need or are going through some heavy issues like new baby, illnesses, death in the family etc. To be a bit fair to Lori, she at least said that the woman is a blessing to many. But, of course, Lori probably wouldn't be inspired to use her fancy kitchen to help other people.Lori didn't ask the woman what her meal ministry entailed. It was good to see that another woman was curious about it unlike Lori "Not Always Learning" Alexander.

Thoughts overnight on this whole "don't watch the news" thing. First, I think its funny someone said something about watching the weather on the news and Lori is all "at least weather doesn't give you nightmares".  Her privilege is talking again from sunny southern CA. Try living through a hurricane or tornado, Lori. then let's talk about nightmares. 

Next who even "watches" the news?You can claim all day you don't watch the news, but this isn't the 1980s. People get news shoved in their face, like it or not via internet and smartphone. Lori always claims she doesn't watch it as if not staring at a TV makes her more godly. She has covered enough current events or quotes studies that prove she is very much still paying attention, but to her she doesn't "watch" it so she is better than everyone.

Lori listens to Dennis Prager religiously. Even calls in. 

I guess in the Lori rule book News Radio = Godly Woman/ TV News = Heathen Woman

Oh wait, make that Conservative News Radio! I'm sure NPR would give her nightmares!

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Thoughts overnight on this whole "don't watch the news" thing. First, I think its funny someone said something about watching the weather on the news and Lori is all "at least weather doesn't give you nightmares".  Her privilege is talking again from sunny southern CA. Try living through a hurricane or tornado, Lori. then let's talk about nightmares. 

Next who even "watches" the news?You can claim all day you don't watch the news, but this isn't the 1980s. People get news shoved in their face, like it or not via internet and smartphone. Lori always claims she doesn't watch it as if not staring at a TV makes her more godly. She has covered enough current events or quotes studies that prove she is very much still paying attention, but to her she doesn't "watch" it so she is better than everyone.

*sheepishly raises hand* Er...I watch the news. :pb_lol:  Well, I try to watch a half hour a day of local stuff, and then one of the major channels' nightly news, usually NBC because I like Lester Holt's calm, dignified delivery.  Yes, I'm online all day and get a lot of quick headlines and soundbites that way, but I still like having that hour every day of traditional news. I do tend to check on dinner while the sports report is on, and I always hit the mute button during any story in which The Orange One speaks. I just can't deal with his voice. Ugh.

I thought that woman's comment about watching the news until the weather report is over was interesting. So what she's really getting in her fifteen or twenty minutes of local news is all the shootings, burglaries, fires, corruption in public office, and deaths by car crashes. Local news can be pretty damned scary! :pb_surprised:

Well, if anyone has a fancy kitchen they're not using, send it my way!

Put in an offer on a house in a good school district yesterday that's a little under market for its neighborhood (probably because nothing major has been updated in the 12 years since it was built) - it has a nice roomy kitchen with potential but plain counters.

Despite my evil feminist credentials, I'm looking forward to cooking meals in there!

Can you imagine inviting Lori over to your house for dinner? She would look disapprovingly at the non-organic food and look with scorn as you put not 1 but 2 scoops of mashed potatoes on  your plate and over everything with gravy. Then she would kill her plate up with the salad that she brought herself and then the add a small piece of roasted chicken that you made to her plate. She would look at a large slice of chicken and say to you "look at that huge piece. I don't know how anyone could eat that large piece" as you look down at your plate where you have twice as much chicken. Then as you eat, she would be lookign around to see and take note on how much each person is eating. Now, for dessert, well she just can not eat any of that because of sugar. Then she'd go home and write all about you and your cooking, eating habits and house cleaning.  Sounds like a fun evening!

Her lack of reading comprehension is mind-blowing.

5a032fe75d410_readcomp.JPG.25d7d655e5f2bfa5dad5a4ceb52ecd9f.JPG

The sentence says:

The whole of chivalry is in these words, and St. Peter (next after Christ) may be considered the founder of it.

Chivalry - St. Peter may be the founder, next after Christ, of CHIVALRY. 

@Florita She's also making another theological mistake here.  Evangelical theology is careful to say that the TEXT of the Bible is what is inspired, and it is inspired by the Holy Spirit, not Christ.  

In evangelical theology:  it is the Holy Spirit working on the authors to create inspired texts that are the Bible.  It's not that "the men were inspired!".

But if confronted about it Lori would probably say that the theology of it doesn't matter anyway, and that it's only a minor thing (even though the error is the entire basis for her argument in the first place).

I'm very thankful that Lori changing-doctrine-to suit-myself Alexander was not a proper school teacher for very long.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived