IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

I never have the time (let alone the desire) to worry about how much people are eating or drinking, except to gauge whether I need to bring more food out.

This is usually my thought.  And I always have TOO MUCH, just in case.

Unfortunately everyone's dinners sound more awesome than Chinese takeout leftovers, because we are living the PCS/hotel life.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@usmcmom I don’t understand why nuts have to be soaked and dehydrated. I’ve always just eaten them or used them from the packaging. I have never heard of that and I’m in my 40’s. 

@EowynW when we got married, my aunt gave me the cookbook “The Joy of Cooking” (she was a feminist who believed that adults should know certain things/have a basic skill set, particularly relating to entertaining). I honestly didn’t crack it for the first couple of years but I have come to love it. There are recipes for everything- many I’ll never use- but it also talks about technique and such. If you find one at a thrift store or yard sale, I think it’s worth it. 

@Sarah92 I agree that they have that air of pull yourself up by the bootstrap- as do many of her mean minions. Most of them have not a clue how so many others live. She comes from a good place of extreme privilege but denies it. 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

A handy-dandy, modern invention called a blanket usually works. There are also things called sweaters, jackets, and indoor heating that do the trick. Guess Kennie-boy and Lori haven't heard of such newfangled contraptions yet. 

Guess it doesn't get all that cold setting in a million dollar home in southern California. No need to worry about all that stuff that most of us do. If you are too cold where you are, you can just move to San Diego. It's that easy, duh. Don't complain about silly stuff like being cold and money. Snakes will get you. Lori says so and she speaks for god. 

@desertvixen Don't feel bad. I just had leftovers too. But am sure that you still feed your family better than Lori. Same soup all week, same salad and same dressing all week. Same oatmeal for breakfast all week. And this goes for every. single. week. for Lori and Ken. I love soup and salads and oatmeal, but there's little variety at all in their diet. No different types of soups or different types of salads or anything. Nutritious meals for husband and family my butt. Not to mention all the eating out they do too. 

16 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The Novas are having pressure cooker porcupine meatballs and spinach salad. That's right, good ol' fat filled non organic red meat. Its gonna be good, too. Also, I'm afraid of the pressure cooker so I'll prepare and Mr Nova will cook.

@usmcmomI agree. I always feel like an asshole when someone asks about my cooking. We don't eat processed foods but I generally don't volunteer that info because I think I sound like a holier than thou jerk. I'm picking on you a little bit but your typo made me laugh, where do I get "organic seal salt"?:my_biggrin:

Not really a typo - I just figured Lori claims that her sea salt is organic. So is her pink Himalayan salt - delivered to her Thrive market on the backs of baby Yaks and properly soaked in the tears of unsullied unicorns. 

20 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@usmcmom I don’t understand why nuts have to be soaked and dehydrated. I’ve always just eaten them or used them from the packaging. I have never heard of that and I’m in my 40’s. 

I do the same as you. My sister always soaks almonds and walnuts. I don't think she dehydrates them; but she says soaking them makes them easier to digest. 

On another note; Lori seems to eat a lot of salt. She adds salt to her nuts as she "properly prepares" them. She eats salty snacks - adding lemon juice and sea salt to her six veggie slices each afternoon. I think she even adds salt to her drinking water. I don't use a lot of salt so maybe it just seems excessive compared to my own routine. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

@Sarah92 my FB feed is the same way. I have two friends that sell LuLaRoe, 4 Rodan and Fields, and then oils, Arbonne, Mary Kay, plexus, beach body, isagenix, thrive, Avon, Stella and dot, 31, and more. 

Your dinner sounds awesome! We love breakfast for dinner. My 8 year old won’t eat eggs, so for us it usually consists of homemade waffles or pancakes (sometimes I bake the pancakes so we all eat together) and sausage or scrapple. 

Ohhh I forgot Thrive and 31! I have those on Facebook as well. 

I love waffles and pancakes for dinner. I've recently discovered pancakes in a mug and it might become a problem for me lol, right next to my mug brownies. 

For dinner, I had Mrs Miu's Chicken with Pickled Ginger, Pineapple and Green Pepper from Grace Young's The Breath of a Wok.  It was one of our recipes in the Wok Wednesdays FB group a few months ago and it's so good that I've made it several times since.  For the chicken, I substitute Morningstar Farms Chicken Strips which are vegetarian.  The recipe says to stir fry the chicken and sauce mixture for a minute or so before adding the green pepper, pineapple and pickled ginger, but I need to add the veggies right after the fake chicken or else I'll set off the smoke alarm.  

I made two pots of soup over the weekend - chili and vegetable beef - so we've been eating those a lot for four days. So, tonight we carried in. I had grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. Tomorrow I will toss the leftover fish and veggies into some scrambled eggs for lunch. I love that stuff. I always order the larger portion of fish so I can have leftovers. 

I need to put the soups in the freezer. We have not eaten it as quickly as I thought we would. My daughter and son-in-law were home over the weekend to attend a wedding with us but we did not even have time for a meal at home with them *frown* 

It is always nice to have soup in the freezer to pull out on a busy night; don't ya think? Later this week I hope to make white chicken chili and cornbread. Next week - chicken, wild rice and mushroom soup.  

Why, yes; I do make a lot of soups in the winter. 

12 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I made two pots of soup over the weekend - chili and vegetable beef - so we've been eating those a lot for four days. So, tonight we carried in. I had grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. Tomorrow I will toss the leftover fish and veggies into some scrambled eggs for lunch. I love that stuff. I always order the larger portion of fish so I can have leftovers. 

I need to put the soups in the freezer. We have not eaten it as quickly as I thought we would. My daughter and son-in-law were home over the weekend to attend a wedding with us but we did not even have time for a meal at home with them *frown* 

It is always nice to have soup in the freezer to pull out on a busy night; don't ya think? Later this week I hope to make white chicken chili and cornbread. Next week - chicken, wild rice and mushroom soup.  

Why, yes; I do make a lot of soups in the winter. 

We live on soup all winter. Last week we had white chicken chili and chicken vegetable. Saturday and Sunday we had broccoli cheese. Tonight we had chicken noodle and will finish it before having beef stew later this week. I only cook two or three times a week in cold months as each pot last two or three nights.

So I want to mention something I'd recently discovered in my family that throws a wrench in Lori's beliefs. Quite a few of you talked about this but this is new info for me.  For my career counseling class, I have to track family careers. Well, I was asking about my grandmother because I hadn't heard much about whether she worked or not. I guess I always figured she was a SAHM. Nope, turns out she went back to work when my dad was in about 3rd grade. And she owned a little sewing shop separate from my grandpa who was a carpenter. Even in her 80's she still sews pillowcase dresses for children in Africa. I think she's determined to clothe the entire continent. 

Anyways, her working ruined none of her children. The family overall is pretty well adjusted and full of well-educated, church-going, foodies. We're a big food family haha. My aunts have had careers and none of their children are ruined. But what do I know? Perhaps I was so messed up from all these working women that I can't recognize all the sinfulness. :my_biggrin:

46 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

We live on soup all winter. Last week we had white chicken chili and chicken vegetable. Saturday and Sunday we had broccoli cheese. Tonight we had chicken noodle and will finish it before having beef stew later this week. I only cook two or three times a week in cold months as each pot last two or three nights.

It looks like we have the same winter cooking routine. It is just the two of us so I usually set aside a container to take to our neighbor and then we'll have the soup at least two nights and I'll have a small cup for a lunch or two. Except today, my hormones got the best of me and I got a Big Mac while running errands. I don't even care - it was soooooo good. 

I actually look forward to planning and making each batch of soup. I love the whole process. 

20 hours ago, Petronella said:

In my work, I sometimes get asked to do interviews/speeches. In the course of these, I'm often asked what my advice is for various related things. Just last week, I gave a short talk to about 400 people. This included some general advice about pursuing a job in my area of expertise.

I would be *horrified* if someone took my general advice so literally and specifically that they railroaded over significant aspects of their situation just so they could claim to have followed my advice to the letter. When I get the opportunity to interact more individually, my advice is more individual. This is not because my general advice is wishywashy or that I don't stand behind it. It's because specific situations vary. They vary WIDELY. My general advice is where I *start*, not where I end.

I think there is a lot to learn from the Bible. I think both its general advice, and also its specific advice *to specific people in specific situations*, has a lot in it that can be applied to my life using analogy and extrapolation. But not blindly, for heaven's sake.

As I was speaking to that group, and doing my best to leave room for variation by situation while still making my point, I was thinking how horrifying it would be to be obeyed like that. "No, this is what you SAID so this is what I HAVE TO DO." *shudder*

I don't think St Paul would be impressed by Lori et al for using his words as bludgeons instead of as guides for their own thinking.

Apologies for the kind of ridiculous quoting of myself. I just realised something and want to add.

I think Lori sees a demand for precise, blind obediance from, for example, Paul, because that's what *she* wants. She wants her words to be taken as absolute. Whereas the people I know who are actually high achievers and actually powerful tend to be gentle and careful. They have strong opinions, but they are kind with them. (This doesn't apply to all powerful people, of course, but I think there is a correlation between confidence and kindness.)

Giving advice is an enormous responsibility, moreso when the person you're advising is in a vulnerable position. Moreso when you are in a position of authority (which Lori actually isn't, but she wants to be).

I think we're both projecting. Lori sees Paul as demanding because she is demanding. I see Paul as addressing specific instances with specific advice, but not expecting it to be applied to everyone at all times, because the idea of anyone taking my advice that way horrifies me.

Anyway: back to food! I'm not a good cook and our house is untidy, but we're happy :-)

I am Lori's age but our attitudes towards life could not be more different. After reading for years about her life I appreciate mine all the more. The sheer arrogance that she alone knows what is right for everyone makes me want to slap her.

To me one of the huge benefits of working is interacting with people who have different life experiences. Hearing daily about other people's marriages , funny stories , irritating spouses, fights, lovely weekends away etc made me realize that I don't hold the patent on a happy marriage. Choosing differently than I would on how to deal with things is  valid and works for the people concerned. I am only an expert on my marriage. 

Omg, all of the carrying on she's done about cooking nutritious meals for our families, and working hard in our kitchens, and then this:

(Instagram picture of Lori's food...again)

Reader:

Do you cook the same lunches and dinners for ken?

Well, duh!  One of her main messages is that wives should be cooking for their families.  She talks endlessly about husband's coming home to a hot meal.  Right?? 

WRONG!

not always. He’s picky and usually just wants a big salad with lots of good stuff on it for dinner then a protein shake later.

Funny that he usually just wants a big salad, because in his guest post on Lori's blog, he talks about cooking his own meals because salad was the only thing Lori served.

So: Ken makes his own breakfast, and Lori provides a salad for dinner.  Boy it must be exhausting for her to have to work so hard in the kitchen!

12 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

A handy-dandy, modern invention called a blanket usually works. There are also things called sweaters, jackets, and indoor heating that do the trick. Guess Kennie-boy and Lori haven't heard of such newfangled contraptions yet. 

I find that a cat also helps, but we all know Lori's track record with them...:tw_frown:

35 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I find that a cat also helps, but we all know Lori's track record with them...:tw_frown:

And for cold Illinois Winter nights....A cat AND a blanket!! Bonus points if those cats are still young enough to chase your feet under the blankets because...exercise!   Also, since we lose so much body heat through our head, if one of them happens to like to sleep on your head at nap time...who needs a furnace?!? 

47 minutes ago, Koala said:

So: Ken makes his own breakfast, and Lori provides a salad for dinner.  Boy it must be exhausting for her to have to work so hard in the kitchen!

It's ok for poor Lori. She only makes a big salad once every four days.

She has some nerve posting this given she just got an upgraded fancy kitchen herself. New granite countertops, new backsplash, new stove. OF course its OK for her because she claims she is slaving away everyday working hard in her kitchen, but as we all know that is a lie. All she makes our salads and soups.  I really wonder what she fed the kids when they were young. With her health issues and having 4 kids there is not way she actually had time to cook in the way she is suggesting. 

Oh and "junky gas'. I didn't know you could get such a thing. Do some gas stations give out junky gas that doesn't make your car go?

5a01bec6d4708_fancykitchens.PNG.7ec2a51f190b9bb8b42fe4cc526ba8f5.PNG

So Lori mentions the church shooting....kinda...no words of prayer for the families just a "God promises we will be persecuted..." How comforting. Then naturally she goes on to share the story of someone in her chatroom  who survived a school shooting (how convenient that she happens to have one of those in her chatroom. Chances of there being one out of 700 seem odd). This woman tells her story but doesn't mention what school. Why not mention where this was at? Can anyone match up the details with a real shooting? 

Oh this might be it

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Southwest/10/28/university.shooting/index.html

Lori has posted about the Texas church shooting. Well, kind of. She actually just relates a story from a woman in the chat room, which is not made clear until the end of the first paragraph. A nice "Written by..." at the top of the post would be nice but anyway...

The point is, Lori could not find enough compassion of her own about this heinous act, so she went to the ladies in the chat room and dug around for something...anything...to post so she could check that chore off her list. 

She is a vile human being. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

WRONG!

not always. He’s picky and usually just wants a big salad with lots of good stuff on it for dinner then a protein shake later.

Funny that he usually just wants a big salad, because in his guest post on Lori's blog, he talks about cooking his own meals because salad was the only thing Lori served.

Here you go koala, it's from her book.

Screenshot_20171107-094639.thumb.png.673d81ad03d10aee9cd816d53cae4ab6.png

Oh by the way, I work full time and last night I made this recipe: www.kraftrecipes.com/amp-recipes/pork-chop-apple-casserole-50350.aspx

31 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Then naturally she goes on to share the story of someone in her chatroom  who survived a school shooting (how convenient that she happens to have one of those in her chatroom

this seems weird. I am not in her chatroom but does the article seem like this one: https://loriroeleveld.com/blog/on-the-day-they-shoot-me-down-in-my-pew/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork  ?

This article is about getting shot in the pew but with some "creative license" someone could make it about a school. I wonder if you google a key section of the chat room story you may find it has been stated before elsewhere.

Looking at an old post, and saw this :pb_eek:

Do we have marital relations every day?  We did the first year!  No, we don't have it every day now and I never claimed that we did.  I just encourage women to keep their husbands sexually satisfied and when they are young, they like it almost every day.  If he only likes it every other day or even just once a week, that is fine but find out what pleases him.  I definitely try to please Ken in this area as long as I am not dying from a brain tumor or something like that.

Don't worry though, because:

the Lord commands that I teach young women to be discreet.

Godly women are commanded to be discreet.

I wish she'd shut up.  A lot everything. Same as I wish every other fundie would shut up. I'm tired of hearing it all. Just like I'm tired of hearing that Trump is fixing the economy when Mr. EW is barely making 8 hours a day and many co workers have been cut down to 4 days a week. When you try to explain this, they ignore you. 

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

Looking at an old post, and saw this :pb_eek:

Don't worry though, because:

My mom taught me that too. And every fundie woman, man and marriage book I ever read. I got married expecting my husband would be roaming and touching non stop and wanting to make love every day and I needed to make sure I was "tending to his needs and giving myself to him." I FREAKED when it turned out I was the higher drive spouse and he was cool with 1-2 a week tops, even as a newlywed,  and in times of stress and exhaustion, he can go for several weeks without thinking of it. I FREAKED when I realized my man needed mind, heart and soul engaged and connected before he'd go for sex, rather than wanting sex to feel loved, he wanted to be loved and emotionally intimate before having sex. When that seemed so wrong because "only women are like that."  I cried the first year of our marriage, thinking I had married a implore weirdo or something because he wasn't acting like "a real man" like I'd been taught. It sounds so silly now but it was terrible. It hurt me and it hurt him and it hurt us. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh and "junky gas'. I didn't know you could get such a thing. Do some gas stations give out junky gas that doesn't make your car go?

5a01bec6d4708_fancykitchens.PNG.7ec2a51f190b9bb8b42fe4cc526ba8f5.PNG

I think she might be referring to stories about some gas stations watering down the gas.

16 hours ago, Koala said:

And a crockpot!  Omg, a crockpot is the.way.to.go.  I love having dinner "cooked" before breakfast is even cleared away.  She could makes soups, stews, roasts...pretty much anything.  

Try an Instant Pot sometime. Pressure cooker/slow cooker/rice cooker/yogurt maker/probably would do my laundry if I asked it to. I can have dinner on the table from frozen in 30-40 minutes. Tonight we're having chicken and tofu with mushrooms and garlic for dinner.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived