IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

Sorry to be a nitpicking but I think Lori's daughter actually works for this company: 

www.lululemon.com

The interesting thing, in my opinion is that Lularoe markets istself as modest and comfortable clothing because all the tops are long enough to cover your backside, etc. Lululemon is marketed just as athletic wear, I think. 

i have a couple friends who sell Lularoe so I have been following news of the lawsuit. I feel bad for the women who have lost so much money. 

Edit: trying to add a working link to Lulu Lemon. No luck. Sorry. 

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Sorry to be a nitpicking but I think Lori's daughter actually works for this company: 

www.lululemon.com

The interesting thing, in my opinion is that Lularoe markets istself as modest and comfortable clothing because all the tops are long enough to cover your backside, etc. Lululemon is marketed just as athletic wear, I think. 

i have a couple friends who sell Lularoe so I have been following news of the lawsuit. I feel bad for the women who have lost so much money. 

Edit: trying to add a working link to Lulu Lemon. No luck. Sorry. 

I didn't know there was a lululemon. I like there stuff but they are not bashful with the prices! I really like these shorts: https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-shorts/Break-Free-Short-MD/_/prod8800124?color=0001

I could see using them to run (tight underneath short so no chaffing) plus the pockets for keys, etc when I run but also flexible enough for yoga. Regular running shorts would slide down when my legs are up during yoga, I feel more comfortable with the tight fit so I am not showing everyone my underwear. Now I need to find this type of shorts in a less expensive version!

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Wonder why Ken prefers having people over vs going to their house.

Probably because very few people serve his favorite appetizer-spray cheese on triscuits.

What a pair those two make.  Lori with her "nourishing, organic" food and Ken and his ding dongs or whatever.

It's amazing to me how many people will believe that MLM companies are going to provide a "stay at home business" income.  

from research published on the FTC site:

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/public_comments/trade-regulation-rule-disclosure-requirements-and-prohibitions-concerning-business-opportunities-ftc.r511993-00017 /00017-57317.pdf

"Loss rates are extraordinary – over 99% for all of the MLMs for which I have been able to obtain relevant data. This in itself would not be so bad, except that MLM is promoted as an “income opportunity” – or even as a “business opportunity” – a misrepresentation in itself." - Dr. John Taylor (in  the above link)

This is another component in the reasons why I believe that Lori is advocating destruction for her follower's lives.  She is trying to influence people who are already barely surviving to throw away their little funds in MLM schemes designed to "work from home".  

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I also wonder if it's not so Lori can have better control over what/how much people are eating.  She seems to really fixate on making sure the people around her are only eating "their portion".  

Lori:

The above quote is just...bizarre, but it also goes back to her having people to her house, instead of going to theirs.  If they come to her house, she can pick the meal (no dessert!), pre-fill plates and water glasses, and make sure there isn't enough for anyone to get full, much less have seconds (according to Lori, hunger pains aren't a bad thing).  

Remember her girls weekend a few weeks back?  Twice, she mentioned that they all only ate their portions.  It was painfully (strangely) obvious that she spent most of her time monitoring what the other women ate.

I can't help but think she probably even gave a little speech about it, and used it to intimidate them out of eating what they wanted in front of her.  Most things like that have lots of good food, dessert, and wine...that's kind of what makes it a special treat.  That would have probably sent Lori's food anxiety and control issues into orbit, though, so she probably came up with a way to guilt them out of enjoying themselves.  The more I think about it, the more I wonder why the hell they invited Princess Know It All.

When Lori said that I thought a moment about when I've eaten at others homes or out at restaurants or had people in my home for a meal. I cannot recall ever thinking about the amounts eaten. I don't think I've ever paid any attention to anyone else eating around me. I think maybe I noticed a nearly empty or empty plate and said they could have more if they wanted. Maybe it's the southerner in me though. We like to feed people. It's like a rule that anyone who enters our homes cannot leave hungry or thirsty. Maybe the wealthy in California are more stingy. OR, more likely, it's just Lori who is stingy. I know if I lived in her neighborhood I wouldn't want her or her slimy old salads in my house. I imagine she's that neighbor. Anyone who's ever had neighbors knows what I mean. That neighbor everyone cannot stand. Every neighborhood has that one person. Lori is guaranteed it.  

4 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

When Lori said that I thought a moment about when I've eaten at others homes or out at restaurants or had people in my home for a meal. I cannot recall ever thinking about the amounts eaten. I don't think I've ever paid any attention to anyone else eating around me. I think maybe I noticed a nearly empty or empty plate and said they could have more if they wanted. Maybe it's the southerner in me though. We like to feed people. It's like a rule that anyone who enters our homes cannot leave hungry or thirsty. Maybe the wealthy in California are more stingy. OR, more likely, it's just Lori who is stingy. I know if I lived in her neighborhood I wouldn't want her or her slimy old salads in my house. I imagine she's that neighbor. Anyone who's ever had neighbors knows what I mean. That neighbor everyone cannot stand. Every neighborhood has that one person. Lori is guaranteed it.  

Here's what I am thinking about when people come over. . .

Is everyone having a good time?

Do they like the food? Does everyone have enough?

Does anyone seem uncomfortable?

Are the kids getting along?

Does Mr. Hisey know that everyone loved his chili?

When should we have dessert? Now or later?

I never have the time (let alone the desire) to worry about how much people are eating or drinking, except to gauge whether I need to bring more food out.

@AuntKrazy I agree with you about MLM opportunities. Yes- some people make money with them- but they work hard at it. And then the market becomes saturated so the earning potential becomes limited for those that weren’t first. And now with social media, it seems as though they are constantly “on” posting about what they are selling. They also seem to work a lot of hours that I would prefer not to- evenings, weekends. 

@dairyfreelife and @Hisey when we have people over I always have way too much food. I always worry that people won’t have enough or there won’t be enough variety in case someone doesn’t like certaint things. 

This afternoon’s doodle is taken from her video a few weeks back- Cooking nourishing (gag I hate that word now) food is hard and time consuming apparently. Hmmm we are having baked chicken legs and steamed peas for dinner. About 1 hour- most of which will be done by the oven. And while it’s cooking, I will clean the bathroom, do a load of laundry, and review kid paperwork from school. Did I miss what’s hard about that? 

In regard to bringing your own food to a dinner party. I think it's perfectly acceptable if it's a casual bbq or family style meal but if the host and/or hostess have gone through the trouble and expense of planning a meal served in courses it's just flat out rude. She could call someone ahead of time and ask if it would be ok. This way the hosts have a chance to offer to make amendments to the menu if possible or at the very least, be prepared to see someone walking through the door with their own food. 

Lori is right about one thing. You can train your taste buds. Maybe you don't learn to love every food but you can learn to appreciate foods that you may not actually like or at least choke it down without offending your host. I worked for many years in the luxury food business and have had the opportunity (and sometimes misfortune) to eat an amazing array of strange foods. Monkfish liver, sea urchin soup, tripe stew, foie gras ice cream, even live insects, have all gone down my gullet with a smile so as not to offend people who were kind enough to share their cuisine and culture with me.

Her behavior is in terribly bad taste, no pun intended. It would only take one time of someone doing that to me to not want to ask them back again.

We are having spaghetti, salad, and french bread.  It takes 30 mins, tops.  Like @Frog99 , I'll toss in a load of laundry while it cooks.  Easy.  

I wonder if Lori ever cooks things like that.  I could think of a dozen dinners that she could cook in under 30 mins, right off the top of my head.   And a crockpot!  Omg, a crockpot is the.way.to.go.  I love having dinner "cooked" before breakfast is even cleared away.  She could makes soups, stews, roasts...pretty much anything.  

27 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

This afternoon’s doodle is taken from her video a few weeks back- Cooking nourishing (gag I hate that word now) food is hard and time consuming apparently. Hmmm we are having baked chicken legs and steamed peas for dinner. About 1 hour- most of which will be done by the oven. And while it’s cooking, I will clean the bathroom, do a load of laundry, and review kid paperwork from school. Did I miss what’s hard about that? 

I know, right?  The Krazys are having baked cod with mango salsa, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli, and a salad tonight.  I'll be doing a load of laundry while baking it, and also oven roasting some butternut squash to make a pot of soup (butternut bisque) for later this week.  I think I'll be roasting a pork loin to go with it, along with steamed brown rice, and I will probably have more salad with it, while steaming peas for the rest.

But I'm one of those ebil working women who can't possibly cook and take care of my home <sarc>

Coy!!  Where's Coy Koi??!!  I need her to translate this for me!  I know it's not Weenese, it's Kenese, but her translating skills are better than mine!  

This is a post from Ken that doesn't seem at all related to the topic Lori is beating women about the head with...which is that woman should be discreet, adoring, fawning, illiterate, load bearing brood mares with no college debt and good kitchen skills cause they're physically happier that way.

Ken Alexander "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falls; for he has not another to help him up.
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not easily broken." (Eccl. 4:9-12)

The Transformed Wife  "Amen"!

Here are my questions, Coy.

What does Ken mean by heat?

Can I be warm alone?

What is a three fold cord?

What is a good reward for the Mrs's labor?

Are two really better than one?

What if Ken falls in the kitchen and Lori doesn't hear him.  Did it really happen?

If so, should she still help him up?

Please answer as soon as possible.

Signed,

Marsha in Colorado 

4 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I know, right?  The Krazys are having baked cod with mango salsa, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli, and a salad tonight.  I'll be doing a load of laundry while baking it, and also oven roasting some butternut squash to make a pot of soup (butternut bisque) for later this week.  I think I'll be roasting a pork loin to go with it, along with steamed brown rice, and I will probably have more salad with it, while steaming peas for the rest.

But I'm one of those ebil working women who can't possibly cook and take care of my home <sarc>

That's good but is your cod wild caught? Are your mangos free range? Is your broccoli and corn picked by virgins with type a blood? Is your salad harvested by organic gluten-free hamsters? No? Then you don't really care about your family do you? 

Seriously, can you message me a good recipe for butternut bisque? Last recipe I used was sad. 

We will have roasted chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, and spinach salad tonight. Lori would not eat a bite of it because none of it is labeled "organic" nor is it pretentious enough for her to pretend it is healthy (like the Door County pizza). But it is within our budget and I'll have enough leftover chicken to make a big batch of chicken salad for sandwiches to pack in the kids' and husband's lunches the rest of this week. 

It will be very interesting to see how expen$ive her recipes are going to be in her upcoming cooking videos.  

I'm not sure how to post from instagram, but Lori's lunch today is salmon (wild caught, naturally) and she poured her vegetable soup next to/on top of it...for reasons. Just why....why why why why :my_huh:

@Frog99, "earnings" in a MLM are illusory because if there are any, they are more than offset by required expenses. The only ones getting rich on these schemes/scams are the scam creators who own the corporate entity. Anyone wanting to supplement their household income would do better to get a real job, and would likely put in fewer hours for more money. And not run off all your friends and family.

1 hour ago, Carol said:

'...how can one be warm alone?' 

A handy-dandy, modern invention called a blanket usually works. There are also things called sweaters, jackets, and indoor heating that do the trick. Guess Kennie-boy and Lori haven't heard of such newfangled contraptions yet. 

The Dresses are having oven fried chicken, steamed green beans, steamed rice and chopped tomato salad with radishes. Lori would hate it because the green beans aren't free range and none of it is labelled organic.  Although all the veg came from our intown curb market (since 1927) and are fresh and the chicken is local and from the butcher's a couple of miles away. Tomorrow night the leftover pork roast from Sunday becomes pork mole with corn and salad 

While  dinner is cooking, I've folded  and put away a load of laundry and Mr Dress vacuumed. Now we're both net surfing for a few minutes until dinner finishes cooking.  Of course I'm one of those evil working women who never cook and rely solely on fast food.  I guess the fairies must have made dinner.

Omgosh the people who sell stuff have taken over my facebook. Plexus, lipsense, lalaroe, young living, Scentsy, Rodan & Fields. And I always feel guilty because I want to help my friends but I have no money and that stuff is sooo expensive. 

I can't help but wonder if Lori has some OCD or disordered eating or something. I don't like to diagnose random people but I feel like something is there. Her parents fought a lot, right? I wonder if that made her feel helpless so now she tries to control as much as possible. I can imagine there is some cognitive dissonance in "my husband needs to make every little decision but I also need to be in control", so she uses eating and her blog to exercise the control she feels she needs. I can imagine that if these beliefs didn't exist between the two and they didn't look at marriage as being a CEO overlooking his worker then a lot of her control issues wouldn't be as bad. Or maybe they would, idk. 

And all this food talk. You guys are making me wish that I hopped on here before I made dinner to get some ideas. Tonight was something new for me: sweet potato hashbrowns, sausage, and eggs. Breakfast! I don't usually eat sweet potatoes but I think I'm going to have to start. None of it was organic; although, I do try to buy less processed foods.  

Everyone’s dinner sounds so good!! I’m craving pasta but the chicken needed to be used tonight (fiscal responsibility and all) but pasta is on the menu for tomorrow night! We are also having cod this week. I’m the queen of fast but pretty healthy meals and lately I’ve been using the crockpot about 3 times per week. I also grill year round. 

Back to her post this morning- aren’t many of her followers teetering on the edge of poverty? How offensive. And the more I think of it, I feel like she’s making an assumption about the character of people in poverty. I’m not minimizing the challenges of poverty, but I know people who live in poverty that will eagerly share whatever they have with someone else in need. 

Also, I think I found the original report- as usual people take what they want (whatever supports their perspective) and leave out the rest. The original report is almost 40 pages. 

@Sarah92 my FB feed is the same way. I have two friends that sell LuLaRoe, 4 Rodan and Fields, and then oils, Arbonne, Mary Kay, plexus, beach body, isagenix, thrive, Avon, Stella and dot, 31, and more. 

Your dinner sounds awesome! We love breakfast for dinner. My 8 year old won’t eat eggs, so for us it usually consists of homemade waffles or pancakes (sometimes I bake the pancakes so we all eat together) and sausage or scrapple. 

We had spaghetti tonight too, @Koala! The weather was too warm (I thought) for soup, so I will save that for another night. I never know when Mr. Bonkers will be home from work, so I had the sauce simmering and dropped the pasta and cooked the veg when he walked through the door. 

And as for poverty, I grew up in Goodwill clothes. We had food because we grew it ourselves. My parents still taught me to be generous. Dad would give the shirt off his back to anyone. Mom put in so much time and talent to their small church. 

We are having scrambled eggs (farm fresh from inlaws) w/sautéed garlic, onions & banana peppers from the garden. With oven baked bacon. 

I admit I do struggle with cooking. I don't naturally like it,  am always forgetting to set my meat out to thaw and get easily overwhelmed by the lack of counter space and the cleanup afterward. But it's a lot cheaper to cook at home so I'm trying to do a good job. And Mr. EW is always so looking forward to what's for dinner. He says it makes him feel so light and healthy. So honestly, lately I do it for him. 

I was thinking of the marriage she was trying to describe and that fits my parents pretty well. My mom was 19, my dad 22. Neither had college debt. One graduated high school, one had a GED.  Brother was born soon after. We still didn't have a lot of money.If my parents had gone to college, I get the feeling we would have been better off. And they would have been able to study in the areas they excel in. 

She simplifies it because she doesn't have to worry about money. They were apparently able to afford her medical bills. Additionally, when it comes to medical crises all that gender crap melts away. Wife dies and the husband has to take over the wifely duties to raise his children. Or is that sinful?

Lastly, I think Lori and Ken, like many churches out there, have accepted parts of the prosperity gospel. They'll vehemently deny it but the whole if you work hard enough, pull yourself up by your boots straps and you'll be successful all ties in with that. Very American. Also very privledged. Also if you eat organic enough you'll never get sick and die. Instead, the organic unicorn will come and grant you eternal life. 

Weellll, I hate to point this out but Lori's healthy eating and organic elitism has not protected her from poor health; now has it? 

On that note, it makes me stabby  when someone is listing ingredients and they have to say "organic cinnamon; organic seal salt; organic apples; organic avocado mayo; good water; properly prepared nuts...." GEESH! We get it. You get to sit in the front row in Heaven because you are all organic and you dehydrate your own walnuts.  Seriously, though, if someone is apt to eat organic they are going to buy all organic ingredients. If not, their food will still taste good to them, because that is what they like. 

I am crabby today but I am just sick and tired of being food shamed because all of my labels don't scream ORGANIC!!  

The Novas are having pressure cooker porcupine meatballs and spinach salad. That's right, good ol' fat filled non organic red meat. Its gonna be good, too. Also, I'm afraid of the pressure cooker so I'll prepare and Mr Nova will cook.

@usmcmomI agree. I always feel like an asshole when someone asks about my cooking. We don't eat processed foods but I generally don't volunteer that info because I think I sound like a holier than thou jerk. I'm picking on you a little bit but your typo made me laugh, where do I get "organic seal salt"?:my_biggrin:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived