IGNORED

Joy and Austin 14: Pregnant with Their First

Destiny

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But I'm leaning towards small and homey with fewer guests, mainly because I remember how awkward I felt at my Bat Mitzvah pretending I knew who the fuck half the people there were. I was happy they were there to celebrate my special day, but it felt a little weird to me to go to a party in honor of essentially a complete stranger to you. So if I go with a bigger wedding for family, my rule will be that I have to vaguely know who every guest is. I don't have to be super close to them, just know who they are and how they fit into my life. 

Good luck with that. The problem with a wedding is that half of the guest list is not yours. My husband has a huge extended family and I met many of them for the first time at our wedding. He met one member of the wedding party for the first time at the rehearsal because one of my best friends who was a bridesmaid lives five hours away from us. 

Unless you have a wedding with you and your partner and your two best friends and no one else, there are going to be people you really don't know. Hell, you might not know your partner's best friends too well at that point depending on how far away they all live. 

My sister got married in August and she invited 15 people (that includes our entire family and her friends). On the other hand her now wife had well over 100 that she had to invite. The pressure from family is so intense, it can stop being fun. I don't ever want to deal with all of it. 

31 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

It may have been an anomaly that Jessa got pregnant so quickly after her first. I'm waiting for three data points to say there's a trend.

I'm of the opinion that it takes at least four kids to establish a pattern. The only Duggar or Bates couple that has reached that number are the Smuggars - and they're pretty consistent with their two year spacing. Time will tell with the rest.

6 hours ago, Londish said:

This Duggar-Kardashian comparison is especially appropriate because apparently Kim, Kylie, and Khloe are all expecting. The parallels go both ways!

So I wasn't alone when I saw the report of Khloe being pregnant I though SHIT, Jinger's gonna be pregnant too. :pb_lol:

GET READY FREE JINGER FOR THE BATTLE OF THE YEAR

It's the Reality TV shows nobody really watches anymore Uterus battle for dominance!!!

In the left corner the Kardashian's. With two out of wedlock and a multiple divorcee using a surrogate, and a grand total of three interracial babies a on the way, the Bible Believing right corner is determined to show God's got their corner!

With three girls expected to be donned in leopard print, gender neutral colours and given quirky monikers, it's going to be a tough ask for the right corner to beat the combined 270 million Instagram followers of this corner.

In the right corner it's denim skirts, hair big enough to get you to heaven and blessings by the man upstairs himself.

With the potential for 3 first-time mother's under the age of 25, we can expect lots of big bows, gender defining colours and homebirth stories to make even the bravest among us shudder. 

The Duggar and formerly named Duggar wives have only one uterus confirmed to be occupied, but with 5 Schrodinger's currently available they can streak past the Kardashian's with 6 grand blessings AND hit the 11 boy in a row bonus streak!!! With the potential for up to 6 Duggars to marry and procreate with haste in the next year, things aren't looking good for the Kardashian's number wise.

It's giant bows vs designer throws

Marriage blessings vs modern society

Prepare your birthing pools and hospitals, fools...

It's nobody actually cares but we're going to hear about this non stop for the next year uterus wars!

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Good luck with that. The problem with a wedding is that half of the guest list is not yours. My husband has a huge extended family and I met many of them for the first time at our wedding. He met one member of the wedding party for the first time at the rehearsal because one of my best friends who was a bridesmaid lives five hours away from us. 

Unless you have a wedding with you and your partner and your two best friends and no one else, there are going to be people you really don't know. Hell, you might not know your partner's best friends too well at that point depending on how far away they all live. 

Kinda meant more my side. I'm not going to try to control whom my hypothetical partner invites (unless they want to invite Derick Dillard, in which case I'd say hell to the no).

15 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

She got a bit pouty and mentioned about how she was going to be paying for some of it, she expected me to adhere to some traditions... like dancing with my father. My dad and I exchanged a look. Both of us hate dancing, and I wouldn't want dancing at my reception, so a father-daughter dance would just be out of place and strange. I told her as such. She seemed rather put out. It's amazing how many parties people can have fun at without dancing, but the moment the party involves some people getting married, you HAVE to have dancing, so your guests can have fun. It's fun for a lot of people, but that's just not me.

A friend of mine's dad does not dance. The Father/daughter dance was a song about baseball and instead of dancing, the each grabbed a baseball glove and they played a game of catch on the dance floor during the song. Traditional song with a fun twist that was very them.

16 minutes ago, eport said:

A friend of mine's dad does not dance. The Father/daughter dance was a song about baseball and instead of dancing, the each grabbed a baseball glove and they played a game of catch on the dance floor during the song. Traditional song with a fun twist that was very them.

That's awesome. I don't dance, either, and I really don't want to do the father-daughter dance if I ever get married, so I'll probably just skip it. But that was a really fun idea that your friend had.

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

GET READY FREE JINGER FOR THE BATTLE OF THE YEAR

It's the Reality TV shows nobody really watches anymore Uterus battle for dominance!!!

**snip**

It's giant bows vs designer throws

Marriage blessings vs modern society

Prepare your birthing pools and hospitals, fools...

It's nobody actually cares but we're going to hear about this non stop for the next year uterus wars!

You win the internets today!  This is awesome!!

I kept all my favorite lines, and this is even better if you read it like a Monster Truck or a WWE Commercial.  

I sort of dread getting married, not that I'm close, but I think about the huge guest list that I would have and the immense pressure from my Mom to invite so many of her massive family.
Big Catholic families means a big Catholic guest list. 🤢
Excuse me while I go thank Rufus that I'm still single.
*My very sensible father goes more with "elope, weddings are too foolish!"

@MargaretElliott, you have the right idea about refusing any money from your parents for your wedding if the money comes with conditions. I've seen more than one wedding change from the small one the couple wanted to something they didn't really want because they accepted money from their parents. It can be a slippery slope, from what I've seen.

@nastyhobbitses, I knew everyone I invited to my wedding, but only a few on my husband's list. I made him (practically forced him, really :my_biggrin: ) to identify every person I didn't know in our reception pictures. I may never see some of them again, but at least I might have some clue who he means when he refers to them.

He'll bring up someone and then say, "You know so-and-so. You met them at our wedding." Yeah. I was kind of preoccupied that day and there were lots of new people. Excuse me if I can't remember each of them over 10 years later! :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You win the internets today!  This is awesome!!

I kept all my favorite lines, and this is even better if you read it like a Monster Truck or a WWE Commercial.  

Remember those "SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! At the X Speedway" Commercials????

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

*My very sensible father goes more with "elope, weddings are too foolish!"

He could do what my grandfather did: go to the prospective groom and promise him a thousand dollars and a ladder if he elopes!

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Remember those "SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! At the X Speedway" Commercials????

That is what I was referring too.  LOL!

If I ever get married (which looks doubtful, but Rufus could smile down upon me and send Prince Charming) I would a very small wedding. I'm talking no more than 50 people- preferably no more than 25, because I don't want to spend a ton of money on an event (wedding & reception) that lasts a few hours. It's one day. I believe marriage is for a lifetime, so I'd rather focus on that than decorations and wedding favors. I might be in the minority, but the smaller the better. I just want to be married in the Church. Or maybe on the beach in Aruba. I could be convinced to do that in which case it would be a tiny wedding. 

My sorority sister & her husband were married in a hot air balloon over San Francisco. It was the couple, two witnesses and the hot air balloon operator/officiant. That's my kind of wedding! 

On 2017-09-25 at 10:44 AM, AnnaRuk09 said:

I doubt solely Jana bought it. She probably bought it under the direction of her father. I have a hard time believing that she has 100K in the bank. It’s all probably under their family bank. Wow these kids are privileged. 

Do they get Coogan trusts? I know this is an issue for reality tv families outside places like Lala Land or New York. What about Growing up Duggar? Where did that money go?  

28 minutes ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

Do they get Coogan trusts? I know this is an issue for reality tv families outside places like Lala Land or New York. What about Growing up Duggar? Where did that money go?  

I'm guessing into Ma and Pa Duggars pockets. I'll be happy to be wrong.

1 hour ago, Dr. Fundie Stalker said:

Reality TV stars don't get Coogan trusts. They are not considered actors.

Ahh yes the Bat Mitzvah Industrial Complex (BMIC). My daughter turns 14 soon and we haven't even started planning hers.  She was so not ready when she turned 13.  Girls can have theirs when the turn 12 which is just cray to me.  The competition to be the biggest and the most showy is fucking insane. Kid went to one the other week where the ceremony was one place and the party was another. That is common and not a big deal..but wait there's more

The idiot parents rented a 'party bus' to haul the kids all the way across town. The pick up time was 12 fucking thirty in the morning in the middle of a parking lot.  The bus, I kid you not was the size of Greyhound bus. The only good thing was that I didn't have to drive 40 minutes to the party venue as the parking lot was only 5 minutes from home.

No fucking way we can afford anything close. Dates have to be booked a year in advance if you want a good location and a DJ, photo booth and all the other trappings of the BMIC.

10 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I knew everyone I invited to my wedding, but only a few on my husband's list. I made him (practically forced him, really :my_biggrin: ) to identify every person I didn't know in our reception pictures. I may never see some of them again, but at least I might have some clue who he means when he refers to them.

I had to do this with Mr. No's family who was invited to our wedding, asking him to identify his relatives.  Turns out it was a bit of a challenge as he barely knew a lot of them.

His family is a lot smaller than mine and we tried to keep an even number of guests between his family and mine.  I had to cull down people on my side while his side had to stretch the list to extended relatives that he barely knew, hadn't seen in years and hasn't seen since. 

ETA:  I knew during the wedding planning that Mr. No's family had to add extended relatives to make the numbers.   His mother worked out the list and it turned out she overlooked some 2nd cousin or something.   We got a reply from one of his relatives stating they couldn't attend but since my MIL overlooked this particular cousin  (and they were peeved about it), they handed the reply card to the cousin and she responded that she (and her family) would be attending instead.  Yep it was rude and presumptuous, my mother threw a fit over it but my reply was "so what, they come instead of XXX and we will probably never see them again".  IIRC it did not change our attendee numbers having this uninvited relative and her family show up instead of the invited one which was the reason behind my response.

@onekidanddone I actually miss going to the bar/bat mitzvah (I grew up/ still live in a heavy Jewish area). I also tagged along with a few of my friends when they were planning/buy dresses/etc. and I don't blame you at all! I personally feel like as long as you have a flow of shirley temples  :P  the kids will be fine! But I also feel you because I remember some girls getting like a rapper at her ceremony, one guy getting a famous football player) but you really, in the end, focus on the memories! Like my friend's dad falling out of his chair during the horrah :pb_lol: (this was also 10 years ago so times could have obviosuly changed).

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived