IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

@Frog99 Hawkins thread is here. 

The family was originally mentioned on (I think??) the Rodrigues thread. The original pink weens photo is on page 2. It's, err, quite something. 

Thank you! 

19 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I hope Pastor Jay follows through. And that he's real.

Oh, yes, I hope so too!  Lori and Ken really have to be brought to task for all the things pastor Jay mentions. 

That's some callout from Pastor Jay!

How will she react? Will she double down, or will she do another necksnapping turnaround? 

Or will Ken make her stop - the pastor is saying that his wife's blogging could harm him professionally, as well as criticising him for his support of her blog, and that this is being talked about in their community.

Could this be the end of The Transformed Wife?

:popcorn2::beer:

ETA And I don't think deleting his comment is a good move: it just confirms his criticisms.

But if she is discredited and "disciplined" by her local church, wouldn't that make news in fundie blogging circles? At least it might open a few of her fangirls' eyes.

And I wonder if that post was up long enough for Spiritual Sounding Board to see it - and if not, maybe someone more technically adept than I am might, perhaps, send it to them?

5 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh you know they won't do anything but keep on. Death will be the only thing that ends that "ministry."

Well, Ken might draw the line with her if it starts to affect his business. If Pastor Jay follows through, this will be all out in their community.   *gets popcorn ready*

10 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

She also deleted all the links to theologians that disagree with her.

That shit pissed me off royally. For someone who is Always Learning, she doesn't want anyone else to hear a dissenting opinion, does she?

4 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Well, Ken might draw the line with her if it starts to affect his business. If Pastor Jay follows through, this will be all out in their community.   *gets popcorn ready*

I wish I knew where the attended church. Idk why she even goes to church since she's always critizing them anyway 

7 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

But if she is discredited and "disciplined" by her local church, wouldn't that make news in fundie blogging circles? At least it might open a few of her fangirls' eyes.

And I wonder if that post was up long enough for Spiritual Sounding Board to see it - and if not, maybe someone more technically adept than I am might, perhaps, send it to them?

Idk. I saw it then the next refresh it was gone. 

4 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I brought enough popcorn to share!

Reveal hidden contents

popcorn.jpg

Thanks. Anyone have some extra salt?

And Pastor Jay is my new hero. 

Ok folks,  assuming Pastor Jay is the real deal (and he sounds like it) he's just the bee's knees.

I SEVERELY hope that he follows through and that we somehow hear about this if/when it happens.

Has anyone checked his FB profile at all or does Lori use a different comment system?

26 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I brought enough popcorn to share!

Reveal hidden contents

popcorn.jpg

That's probably enough for you and me to share but what's everybody else gonna eat? 

9 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

@Curious TWO RV grifting family references in a three line post? Respect!

:clap::clap::clap:

Thank you.  I could have gotten a Rufus in there too, darn it.   Pretty soon all our posts will just be weird fundie speak.  We will have our own language (we already do sort of)

43 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Oh you know they won't do anything but keep on. Death will be the only thing that ends that "ministry.

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

Lori only uses email and name from what I remember. 

I really wish we could find some contact info. for Pastor Jay and support him. 

9 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I really wish we could find some contact info. for Pastor Jay and support him. 

I just googled "pastor Jay" and the first four results are all the same person, who preaches at a megachurch in Costa Mesa CA.  Seems like a reasonable chance this is the guy?

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I just googled "pastor Jay" and the first four results are all the same person, who preaches at a megachurch in Costa Mesa CA.  Seems like a reasonable chance this is the guy?

Definitely could be. He seems pretty high profile to be lurking on Lori's page though.

@church_of_dog That sounds right to me.  

I think there's a good chance he will follow through with this, but I can almost guarantee you that it will make absolutely no difference to Ken and Lori.  

They have already shown that they have absolutely no respect for the leadership at their church, and the church has already made it very clear that they don't want Lori teaching on their property.  It's not uncommon for Lori to blog about all of the things she has deemed wrong with their church's message, so anything they say is going to fall on deaf ears.  She thinks she knows better than they do, and Ken's sure he does.  They'll just move on to another church and the cycle will repeat.  

As always, Lori and Ken are above question.

I have doubts that Pr. Jay is for real. I think an IRL pastor would contact her via email - privately. And an IRL pastor would toss in the gospel (i.e. Jesus) as a means of repentance and forgiveness for her transgressions. And an IRL pastor would reach out for a face-to-face meeting to discuss his concerns. Dissing someone on their blog just doesn't seem pastor-like to me. But it's just mho.

And I'm pretty sure Ken & Lori attend church but don't belong to a church - they don't join (and therefore avoid the commitment to tithing). Sorry, but I don't have quotes to back this up, but I think Ken said this at some point.

I think Lori's method of 'teaching' has finally caught up with her. The Bible is not meant to be taught a verse here and a verse there. It's meant to be taught in entirety, a whole chapter or even book at a time. It doesn't matter what version you use, you can't teach half a chapter and expect your students to get the whole message. You can't teach Titus 2:3-5 without teaching Titus 2:2 and Titus 2:6-8 at the same time. But of course, Lori says she can't because that would be 'teaching men.' :pb_rollseyes: 

THIS is why she gets so much push-back. It's not teaching submission that's the problem. People are seeing that she's only teaching half the truth. It surprises me that Ken hasn't figured this out and suggested to her that they do a joint ministry, where she teaches the women and he teaches the men. It could work very well in a blog format (Ken's miles o'text followed by Lori's three short, 4th grade level paragraphs notwithstanding).

It's possible he has suggested it, though, and had Lori shoot him down because she wants it all for herself. :my_dodgy:

9 minutes ago, Florita said:

I have doubts that Pr. Jay is for real.

If he's not, that's an epic takedown from a troll!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived