IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

This makes me want to scream. I'm sure the boys ate also being encouraged to be independent, work, build credit, but a car, etc. but not their daughter. Same as my parents did. 

IMG_7956.PNG

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EowynW, this person's ideals will remain all well and good till reality hits her in the face. I married young, with the intention of being a SAHM--then wound up with a year-old baby and a divorce from a mentally ill alcoholic. Unlike her daughter, I had a college education and a work history. 

It's clear to me that Lori took no women's studies courses in college (always so ironic that she preaches no college for women while holding a bachelor's degree). If she had, she would know that women didn't get college educations until fairly recently in history because they weren't given the opportunity. They weren't allowed to. They didn't have the choice. 

Which, come to think of it, is exactly what Lori wants for all women, isn't it? 

Just now, Loveday said:

It's clear to me that Lori took no women's studies courses in college (always so ironic that she preaches no college for women while holding a bachelor's degree). If she had, she would know that women didn't get college educations until fairly recently in history because they weren't given the opportunity. They weren't allowed to. They didn't have the choice. 

Which, come to think of it, is exactly what Lori wants for all women, isn't it? 

what are "women's studies" courses? Regarding no college for women until fairly recently...that was part of my 11th grade US History class. My (male and gay) history teacher pounded it into our heads that for us, middle class/working class kids, the ability to go to college was one helluva privilege that we should ALL take advantage of. 

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

what are "women's studies" courses? Regarding no college for women until fairly recently...that was part of my 11th grade US History class. My (male and gay) history teacher pounded it into our heads that for us, middle class/working class kids, the ability to go to college was one helluva privilege that we should ALL take advantage of. 

You know, those feminist classes that Lori thinks all women who go to college take, that turn their heads to evil purposes and make them all start burning their bras, dressing immodestly, and running into Planned Parenthood to demand abortions just for fun. :roll: 

Lori and I both attended high school at the exact same time, the early to mid 70s, and in my case, I didn't really learn much at all about women in history until years later, on my own (I went to college for a couple of years but didn't get any of that there, either). I'm guessing, though not sure, that Lori didn't learn much about women's history in high school, either, and as we all know from her own words, she knows nothing about history at all, much less the women's side of the story. So of course she thinks that women just stayed inside the home, had umpteen babies, and cooked meals at her well-swept, Godly hearth, gently teaching her children to recite Bible verses while her strong, tough, manly man did everything else, until feminism reared its ugly head in the 1960s. We can't tell her that women have been working outside the home since time immemorial, though Lord knows we've tried. She refuses to believe it.

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Her daughters went to school. I wish she'd shut up. 

Yup.

In a season of natural disasters, one would think that an appropriate message about women and education would be something like this:

As people throughout our nation face unheard of devastation due to hurricanes and superfires, we take a moment to give thanks to God for the things which cannot be taken away from us, regardless of fire or flood:  our relationship with God, our gifts and abilities, our education and knowledge, and our love for one another.  These are the foundation upon which we rebuild together.  We pray for wise and compassionate use of all our resources as we offer use of them to God to heal from these disasters.  We recognize that doing so unto you, our Lord, is our truest act of worship.

But I have stopped believing that Lori has any kind of personal relationship with Jesus.  

Ok folks,

Once again if God can LITERALLY build an entire universe in 6 days, it seems to me there shouldn't be much that can stop him doing whatever the heck he wants and/or making humans that he created do whatever he wants as well.

A dude that created humans and who knows how many species of plants, animals, birds, minerals, stone, etc, etc, etc really can't change your mind if he has a very specific plan for your puny human ass?

Sounds like a keyboard warrior to me.  All talk and no action.  Not impressed.

On the other hand if that same dude gave people free will and minds to use to figure out their own paths and lets them live their lives without micromanagement and who through thoughtful prayer tries to keep you making the right choices.  much more impressive.

Also, not only is Lori reading gossip sites, but she's reading the dreck that generally comprises the comment sections?  Someone needs to spend some time cleaning, gardening, taking care of grandkids or something because that's some serious idle time and you know what they say about idle hands!

@EowynW  I'm cheering you on as you move out from under fundie-dom and into a new life on your terms. 

Truthfully, in just the time you've been posting on FJ,  I've seen how you have grown in self-confidence, in speaking up for yourself and speaking out against the people who want to hold you back from your dreams and your plans.

If those dreams and plans weren't part of God's plan for you, then he wouldn't have given them to you along with the will and determination to make them happen.  You are a smart woman and your know the difference between God's plans for you and whatever the devil may be whispering in your ear.

Keep on growing and moving forward -- your FJ sisters are cheering you on,  and know you'll accomplish your goals and make your dreams come true.

Adding my dear Daddy's advice that has always helped me -- You can do anything if you hold your mouth right

Thank you. :) I know what I don't want to eat, but I still don't exactly know what my path is supposed to be, ir hi I am just yet, but I have hope over the next few years it'll become more clear. Oh days I cry and doubt it, Mr. EW hugs me and looks ahead for me. :) But I know it's all going to fall into place. 

This comment by a woman named Kathy needs to be saved for posterity:

If women remained uneducated, we wouldn't have all the wonderful nurses, teachers, doctors, midwives, and stay-at-home-mothers who care for us and our children. Who assisted you in the delivery of your children? Who taught you in your schools? Did you go to college? Did your daughters? How do you help your children with homework if you're uneducated yourself? Education is nothing to be scared of. It does not break your faith. It helps you understand the world around you. It gives you and your family security. God did not give us brains to stagnate. I'm studying to be a nurse. I hope some day I can join my church's mission work and use my talents as a nurse to be His hands and feet and care for people's physical and spiritual needs. Education of women in third world countries is what is bringing them out of poverty. It means financial security, food on the table, shelter and clothing. Amongst other things, education in developed countries always results in better health care, thus better health. Women have made fantastic contributions to the health sciences and other fields by their research and study. This isn't an either/or proposition. Just like men, women are perfectly capable of being well-rounded Christians, educating themselves, growing spiritually, and being fabulous wives and mothers.

A reply to Kathy:

End of the day it doesn't really matter does it? And its certainly isn't a sin to be educated, in my opinion if you have basic nursing its even a good thing for your family.

It doesn't really matter? Oh, ffs.

Kathy's response:

...what does matter is that the OP is discouraging women from being educated. That is a dangerous thing.

Yep, that right there will make Lori zap her right off her FB page.

My degree allowed me to get one of those jobs that let you stay home when your kids are little and actually make money.  And then it gave me the power to get out of a really bad marriage, which I guess is the part that Lori wouldn't like.  I honestly think it's not the education that bothers her, it's the power that it gives women to make choices and be free.

54 minutes ago, Loveday said:

You know, those feminist classes that Lori thinks all women who go to college take, that turn their heads to evil purposes and make them all start burning their bras, dressing immodestly, and running into Planned Parenthood to demand abortions just for fun. :roll: 

Lori and I both attended high school at the exact same time, the early to mid 70s, and in my case, I didn't really learn much at all about women in history until years later, on my own (I went to college for a couple of years but didn't get any of that there, either). I'm guessing, though not sure, that Lori didn't learn much about women's history in high school, either, and as we all know from her own words, she knows nothing about history at all, much less the women's side of the story. So of course she thinks that women just stayed inside the home, had umpteen babies, and cooked meals at her well-swept, Godly hearth, gently teaching her children to recite Bible verses while her strong, tough, manly man did everything else, until feminism reared its ugly head in the 1960s. We can't tell her that women have been working outside the home since time immemorial, though Lord knows we've tried. She refuses to believe it.

Yup.

My grandmother didn't go to college, but she owned and operated businesses jointly with her husband, whom she met while working in the early 1930s.  When her husband was shipped off to WWII, she ran everything, just like all the other women. 

Just now, LizzieDawn said:

My degree allowed me to get one of those jobs that let you stay home when your kids are little and actually make money.  And then it gave me the power to get out of a really bad marriage, which I guess is the part that Lori wouldn't like.  I honestly think it's not the education that bothers her, it's the power that it gives women to make choices and be free.

That right there is it, in a big fat nutshell. :clap:

Re: the Joy-Anna Duggar post:

I just do not understand at all the pride and puffed up bragging from the readers about their grandmothers' illiteracy. Bragging about people born in the 20th century who cannot/ can barely read and write.

Bragging that this is desirable because these women raised godly children who love the Lord  The implication being that the children were godly because mom was illiterate.

This is insane.  The hallmark of a civilized country is the literacy rate.  Lori and her leghumper fangirls would take us back to the days of no education at all for women if they could.  No education means no choices, which is what they want.

The comment I love from the gossip article is that Jinger is now reading books because her husband thinks it's a good idea.  Meaning of course that prior to marriage she didn't read at all.  Reading is one of the most fun things ever!

SMDH at the Duggar-no-education-for-girls love and defense from the Duggar-ites.

Reading was my biggest joy in my life growing up. Through my books I lived many lives and went on many adventures. It helped my imaginative self stuck in a fundie home get by. 

I bring you some more Trey

So the plain reading of God’s word does indeed instruct wives that EVEN IF they are married to men that are harsh, cruel, unjust, unreasonable, perverse, wicked, unfair, ill-tempered, froward, and cross, they are still to submit themselves to them and suffer unjustly under their leadership and if they “patiently endue it, this finds favor with God”.

Truth is, this matter of suffering applies to all of us (both husbands and wives) and there are equal numbers of husbands suffering their unsubmissive, contentious, disrespectful, disobedient, ill-tempered, unreasonable, harsh and vexing wives as there are women who are facing those harsh behaviors (listed above) from their husbands. That kind of poor behavior from wives is also ABUSE and has the same negative effects on the men as the poor behavior from the husbands has on their wives.

Is he actually saying that a wife not obeying her husband, not submitting to him and being argumentative is akin to cruelty, harshness, injustice, perversity and wickedness?   Really?  

This is actually insulting to the decent men that put up with ill-tempered, harsh, unfair, cross, unreasonable, wicked and cruel wives, because they are out there.  There's a lot of bad behavior that goes on behind closed doors. But an adult human being not obeying and submitting to another adult human being is not abuse. 

You know, Lori, if someone who graduated from Pensacola Christian College disagrees with your stance on education for women and women who work, you might want to step back and rethink things just a tiny bit...

Lol. I'm yet to be a mom as I am battling PCOS and infertility. I did go to college, though. I attended Pensacola Christian College, where I got a bachelor's degree in Elementary education. I also met my now husband of 3yrs there. While college certainly isn't for everyone, I think making the statement that "college educations poison women's minds" is going a little far.
If I hadn't of gone to college, I wouldn't have met my husband. By choice, I am a stay-at-home wife, but I do not go around belittling woman who work. That is NOT what Christ would want us to do.

Today:

59b99d62571d0_JesusDoodle(2).JPG.5b832f2b163427411a501d4a1b0358d2.JPG

Three months ago:

Jesus was mostly teaching to those who lived under the Law and was trying to point out to them that they could never keep the Law, thus they needed a Savior. Many of His teachings were to show the narrowness of the Law, such as cut off your arm if it causes you to sin or pluck out your eye. He wanted them to know how evil sin is because it keeps one out of eternal life and no one can attain it by their works. 

Acts is the history of the Church age but Romans through Revelations are the instructions to the Church age; those who are saved by the blood of the Lamb. Without Romans, we couldn’t have known all that was accomplished on the cross. Yes, all of the Bible is important but for young believers and those who want to grow in their faith – Romans to Revelations are the books to focus upon.

Today you should get to know Jesus, three months ago she said his teachings are irrelevant.

Have you noticed Lori uses the "cut off your hand/pluck out your eye" example repeatedly. It's as if she thinks we should dismiss the whole of the Gospels because a couple of verses sound irrational to her, when really she just doesn't understand it. 

Only in America could being uneducated/undereducated be a symbol of pride. In nearly every other country in the world, people understand the value of education in lifting all members of a society. 

-Signed, (damn proud to be) a liberal elite

My shitty little AAS degree enabled me to get a good paying job with full benefits...that helped pay for our home, our kids, groceries, etc. For 2 years I was barely at home, working full time and going to school full time. BUT...at the end of that period, I was making GOOD money. My husband worked for the same company...and when he got sick, he was able to go on disability...then there's his military service that now gives him the privilege of using the VA system for his medical needs. 

My daughter has 2 degrees...one in IT and one in Graphic Arts. She makes GOOD money!!! My younger granddaughter (age 12) has decided her path. Undergrad: BSME at the University of Colorado, Denver. Then an MSAE (aerospace engineering) at Virginia Tech or Old Dominion...then go work at NASA. She's wanted to be an astronaut since she was 3. She's stated that she will be one of the first on Mars. Knowing her...I don't doubt it for a second. The Tech or ODU MS is an in w/NASA...internships and stuff at NASA Langley. 

Lori is dumb. 

I haven't been following to closely but I am guessing from this she deleted any disagreeing comment on her post about education

rachelsoulian.PNG.6df0dc7a3618c9d0e9a94e200eab4233.PNG

I think Lori would say its not that she is afraid its just clear that soooo many people hate God!

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

@feministxtian, I'm in  AWE of your granddaughter. 

I have a confession to make...I'm sorta responsible for her space jones. She managed to catch a space shuttle launch and thought it was the coolest damn thing she'd ever seen...then she got into the NASA channel video feed from the ISS...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived