IGNORED

LIAS Coghlans - Millionaire Amazon Sellers

snickerz

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

I don't know much about the Amazon FBA program (is that the right name)? However, if you read closely on the Coghlans blog, it says sellers get between 2-3 percent of their sales as "reimbursements"? Does that mean the Coghlans are making $20-30,000 (2-3 percent of their 1M sales) per year? Is that what all the fuss is about? Seems like a lot of work for not much pay, especially when they have to pay taxes on that  (including an increased Social Security tax for the self-employed)

I also don't understand why the Coghlans are putting themselves out there as paid advisors who can help sellers get the reimbursements from Amazon. Is that something you'd need help with? Not being snarky, I truly don't understand. I make money through another Amazon program, and the money just appears in my account. There is no "hunting out" or "seeking reimbursement."

I think the reimbursement service and the amazon selling are 2 different things. Coghlans made $1 million worth of sales on amazon (or whatever the hell they meant by that statement), but they're not really saying how much profit they earned.

As a second line of income, they offer this "reimbursement service", wherein sellers could potentially recoup 2-3% of their sales volume. The sellers then pay the Coghlans a flat fee for their assistance in finding these reimbursements that the sellers never bothered to track down. They also didn't say how much they earned from this, but I think the 2-3% example is to help people figure out if it's worth hiring P&K. 

And no, I don't think it's something you'd really need help with, although high-volume sellers who don't have time to chase down reimbursements might find it worth the $50/month. Kind of like the way that virtually no one "needs" help cleaning their house, but people who are really busy and have the money might pay a housecleaner to come do some of the more menial jobs for them.

I have seen posts where the Coghlans have mentioned trips to stores and buying a bunch of shoes on clearance. I assume they were going to then sell it all on Amazon for a profit. I guess it's kind of like eBay, but with new merchandise. 

On 8/25/2017 at 0:33 AM, ladyamylynn said:

At one point Kim admitted that they had worn pants all along but only showed pictures of them wearing skirts "out of respect" for Perry's employer, none other than DPIAT.

Hahaha! It's all smoke and mirrors, eh? Pretty good analogy for the entirety of VF, actually.

Could someone tell me how many boys and girls the Coghlans have? Is it 8 and 5? The large family pic they have seems to be off, somehow. I am wondering if Deanna is missing, and they've substituted Lydia's hubby instead.

According to her instagram, Deanna is 19 weeks along, with her first, I think.

7 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Could someone tell me how many boys and girls the Coghlans have? Is it 8 and 5? The large family pic they have seems to be off, somehow. I am wondering if Deanna is missing, and they've substituted Lydia's hubby instead.

I believe your correct Deanna is definantly missing and their is a young man featured who isn't their son the oldest boy can't be much older then 10ish now, so I assume the guy pictured is the husband.

So the young woman holding the baby on the left side isn't Deanna? It looks a bit like her. But the numbers of kids don't add up.

The Coghlan girls look so much alike.

43 minutes ago, Hisey said:

So the young woman holding the baby on the left side isn't Deanna? It looks a bit like her. But the numbers of kids don't add up.

They do look a lot alike and that sister has always looked like Deanna but I think she is the fourth oldest girl whose name I don't remember Deanna and her always really favored each other.

50 minutes ago, Hisey said:

That's Becca. Deanna isn't in the photo. 

12 hours ago, Hisey said:

Could someone tell me how many boys and girls the Coghlans have? Is it 8 and 5? 

Yes, the Coghlans have 8 girls and 5 boys: Deanna, Kaitlyn, Lydia, Megan, Natalie, Rebecca, (Sarah was stillborn), Rachael, Perry Clayton IV, Bethany Grace, Parker Cromwell, Patrick Calvin, James William and Phineas "Finn" Campbell. 

Also yes, this is Deanna's first. She's due in January.

• 4 weeks later...

@Bethella, Perry's middle name is actually Clarence. I found several online records listing Perry II and III as Perry Clarence, and I just found this post from Perry III's old blog confirming all this:

http://pollys-peak.blogspot.com/2006/07/here-is-picture-ive-been-waiting-for.html

I assume James William was named after Perry III's grandfather.

Also, I have dug up middle names for most of the oldest seven: Deanna Ruth, Kaitlyn Shea, Lydia Mae, Megan Ellice, Natalie Rose, Rachael Charlotte. No luck with Rebecca yet. I feel unlikely to find Sarah's middle name outside of Kim and Perry's blogs (which do not mention it).

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2017 at 7:52 AM, DomWackTroll said:

I've been wondering about Deanna's latest FB cover photo for a few weeks. 

Any meaning in this symbol? Any message? Her father stated on Doug Wilson's FB page that she was the only one of his daughters who "didn't take her religion seriously." 

I just thought the lone rock in the woods was a nice cover photo lol. The symbol was not a factor.

But yeah, it's nice that he feels free to say things like that about me on FB but can't be bothered to text back.

8 minutes ago, Denonner said:

I just thought the lone rock in the woods was a nice cover photo lol. The symbol was not a factor.

But yeah, it's nice that he feels free to say things like that about me on FB but can't be bothered to text back.

Deanna! You're back. Welcome! Did you have your baby? I'd ask how things are with your family, but not sure if you want to share.

Just now, Hisey said:

Deanna! You're back. Welcome! Did you have your baby? 

Hey thanks! I haven't yet, still working and getting fatter every day. (29 weeks)

3 minutes ago, Hisey said:

How exciting! Do you know the baby's gender (again, only if you want to share)

I don't, it's going to be a surprise, and a homebirth. I found a great midwife team and I'm so excited to join the Mom club!

Being a mom is the most wonderful thing (not every single minute, but you know what I mean. . .) I feel like my life went from black and white to color when I had kids. I am sure you will be a great mom! You seem very sensitive and kind, plus it takes a lot of strength to find your own path and go against so much family pressure. But you already know that, I'm sure.

Archived