IGNORED

Tim Walberg (R-Michigan): God will solve climate problems

AmazonGrace

Not to worry, folks,  if the Antarctica melts God can send a floating island. 

http://time.com/4800000/tim-walberg-god-climate-change/

A Republican congressman told his constituents that he believes God will "take care of" climate change if it proves to be a "real problem."

Michigan Rep. Tim Walberg said during a town hall in Coldwater, Mich., on Friday that while he believes climate change is real, it is not something for humans to solve.

"I believe there's climate change. I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time," Walberg said. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No."

He continued: "Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

That "answer tough question with response about God/Jesus" is considered acceptable baffles, angers, and frustrates me.

Why is it that they see all negative things as something God will save them from? Has it never occurred to them that God might be pissed as hell and using these natural disasters to, oh I don't know, smack them upside the head a bit?

Either way, it's not exactly undue hardship to throw a can in the recycle bin rather than the regular trash bin. :pb_rollseyes:

Can God solve famine and bring about world peace?  'Cause it'd be really great if He could.

Reminds me of that joke of the man sitting on his roof after a flood. You know the one.

I wasn't sure where to put this WUT of the day, but as it's about an idiot Republican on Climate Change, I thought I'd put it here.

Rick Santorum: The Sun is not ‘reliable’ or ‘consistent’

Former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum insisted to a CNN panel on Thursday that renewable energy was not “reliable” enough to replace the Earth’s limited supply of fossil fuels.

On CNN’s New Day program, Santorum told host Alisyn Camerota and former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D) that President Donald Trump should use Twitter to focus on his agenda instead of attacking the media.

“If he wants to get on message then he needs to pull out of the Paris Climate Accord or maybe even a halfway measure,” the former GOP candidate insisted.

“No, no, no!” Granholm interrupted. “There are 3.3 million people in America that are working in the clean energy industry. If you look at my state, there are almost 90,000 jobs in clean energy right now.”

“We have a fracking revolution,” Santorum replied. “And it’s driving down the cost of our electricity.”

“Solar and wind are cheaper than coal,” Granholm pointed out. “Right now, China is cancelling 107 of its coal plants because why? Solar and wind are cheaper than coal. Same in India.”

“It’s not reliable, it’s not consistent,” Santorum opined.

“Oh my god!” Granholm gasped.

And if you think any blowback on his comments had an impact... well... apparently not:

Clouds & darkness  & calm winds :laughing-rolling:

I bet he's a flat-earther too.

Well.... God helps those who help themselves. That's all I'd say to that guy.

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it."

God didn't build the ark for Noah, he had to go get the supplies and build it himself. His comment isn't even biblical. The Bible is filled with God expecting people to actually do stuff, not sit around doing nothing and expecting God to fix all their problems for them. 

I don't need to wear a seat belt because God will take care of it.

I don't need to look before I run into the road because God will take care of it.

I don't need to worry about eating raw chicken because God will take care of it.

I don't need to have my kids wear helmets because God will take care of it.

These people are so embarrassing!

Is he actually serious?! Like DOES HE NOT KNOW HOW BATTERIES WORK?! WTFFF. Like stupid people are taking all this oxygen that shouldn't be right now.

Ah, my convenient "God." Climate change, starving children, no clean water for millions, people suppressed by despots, let's let "God" take care of that. Time for me to get re-elected, move aside "God!" I've got work to do!

I'm a bit rusty with my Bible passages, but aren't people here to be good stewards over the earth? Like, isn't that supposed to be our one duty after worship of God?

We're like teenagers left at home alone when God goes out of the Milky Way for the weekend, and He's going to be so pissed when He gets back to find that all of His stuff is either flooded or on fire. He worked to create a nice place for us and we just trashed it and gave Him the finger. 

Archived