IGNORED

Racheal, the middle child, misogynist, anti-intellectual, and incredibly racist

NachosFlandersStyle

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

The dystopia bit struck me as especially shallow because I just read the first novel of an author. She had a preface where she explained how she got published. She couldn’t go beyond a bachelors. She had kids. She had a medical issue. She took it upon herself to embark on a self-study of writing and novelists. Living in New York she was able to attend some workshops and things at lower costs. But mostly she read, and wrote down what she was struck by. And practiced.

It took her 11 years to get published.

Dystopian fiction is a great genre of literature. She’s an idiot.

Wouldn't her pro Confederate fantasy stories count as dystopian? I mean the CSA winning the Civil War is the ultimate dystopian world.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@zee_four I just scanned. But I was struck by her comment along the lines of, “I want to write about a dystopia.... I’ve never read any dystopian fiction.”

She does that a lot. I’m no expert but.... I hate people like that.

So she’s a racist Sarah Maxwell. Lovely. 

On 9/30/2018 at 12:36 AM, zee_four said:

Wouldn't her pro Confederate fantasy stories count as dystopian? I mean the CSA winning the Civil War is the ultimate dystopian world.

Racheal's version of a dystopian world is probably one where all races and religions live in harmony.  Like Lionel Hutz imagining a world without lawyers.

wDzGTAN.jpg

Archived