IGNORED

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath 2

DaisyD

Leah and Mike have a new podcast, "Scientology: Fair Game". It's interesting, not least because they are a lot more gloves off in it than in the TV series. I'll be interested to see how it goes.

So far favourite moment - Leah ranting and Mike says "I'm waiting for you to get... I'm waiting for you to finish." Heh.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, JDuggs said:

Handbag designers, for the most part, are not an interest of mine.

Ditto. My purse is a tiny bag barely big enough for a tri fold billfold, a small pocket knife and some cough drops.  The little side pocket just fits an Apple SE phone. Shoulder strap. 

But purses can be an important fashion accessory and hella expensive. Anyone remember the Coach purse obsession?

And Danny M? May he rot in prison. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I've just inadvertently given money to a Scientologist business.  I ordered Perfect Amino XP,  a super duper formulation with *all 8 amino acids!*  from BodyHealth LLC.  I was looking at the container and the company is in...WAIT FOR IT!...Clearwater, FL. 

Dr. Minkoff is roughly associated with this business; pretty sure he's a Scientologist. 

Gack.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Danny Masterson to stand trial on rape charges.

Got to say this process seems to take an awfully long time.  One interesting snippet from the article:

Meanwhile, the actor also faces a civil lawsuit, which alleges Masterson and the Church of Scientology launched a campaign of harassment against his accusers as a means to intimidate or punish them for going to police, including one incident in which one accuser’s dog was allegedly poisoned. In December, a judge ruled that four of his accusers would need to enter “religious arbitration” with the Church of Scientology, as they had previously signed an agreement to do so as members of the religion. However, at least one accuser is not a member of Scientology and signed no such agreement. The ruling only affects civil proceedings against the actor.

I'm surprised that they ruled that, even for a civil case. How can you undergo "religious arbitration" fairly when it is administered by the body you are suing?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 2:52 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

A guy is trying to make money off from giving tours of Scientology stuff in Clearwater. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cult-city-tour-downtown-clearwater-131900857.html 

Seems like both sides are adding gasoline to the fire. 

I would totally do this tour. I've been catching up with the episodes of The Aftermath that I missed, and got to the two people who were abused at a Scientology reform camp as children. I don't even know what shocked me so much about this - I know about the ones in other cults, I read Jenna Miscavige's autobiography, I knew about the abuse in the Hole - but I am still just so amazed and horrified and anyone would send their kids there. And my heart just went out to the man who broke off contact acrimoniously with his mother over her sending him there, but who obviously still had hoped for the possibility of reconciliation until she died. Children love parents who are completely unworthy of it.

• Upvote 2

Laura Peprin just gave an interview saying she hasn't practiced Scientology in 5 years. And she's no longer a Scientologist. It's so odd to hear a celebrity openly admit that. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Laura Peprin just gave an interview saying she hasn't practiced Scientology in 5 years. And she's no longer a Scientologist. It's so odd to hear a celebrity openly admit that. 

I was so happy when I read that she left Scientology.  I think she was a devoted member for years. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Scientology has just released a PR campaign to encourage people to join Sea Org and Tony Ortega at the Underground Bunker is on top of it! 

Scientology’s new campaign to get you to sign its billion-year contract is here!

We started seeing new ads for Scientology’s Sea Org a few weeks ago, and now it’s coming in a flood.   Thanks to our helpful tipsters, we’ve learned that Scientology has started sending out an entire campaign to beef up the Sea Org, the hardcore elite of the organization, made up of lifers who have signed billion-year contracts and work 365 days a year, for pennies an hour.

Hotel California lyrics: 

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering how Scientology was going with the pandemic. We've been watching The Aftermath again, and catching the episodes we missed the first time. You have to think it's gone right through the Sea Org at least.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day… 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day… 

They've been so adamantly anti-pharma, it's interesting to see that that stance doesn't hold up against their fear in the face of a pandemic (nor should it IMO).

Makes me wonder if they will change that stance with some new justification going forward after covid, or just pretend like it never happened and return to their previous nonsense.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic