IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

11 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

there is ongoing discussion of the glorious Wide Stance (TM), and I simply had to post that I might have a theory as to where it came from!

This is quite plausible. Thespian at heart, it makes complete sense for DPIART to take this acting technique to a new level or width.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

This is quite plausible. Thespian at heart, it makes complete sense for DPIART to take this acting technique to a new level or width.

The phrase, "a girthy stance" just popped into my mind. 

5 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

He gave some very good lectures on how to speak and make presentations with authoritative language and body language (with special consideration given to encouraging the girls in the class to not be afraid to BE authoritative). Apparently, planting your feet more widely apart is a way to make yourself seem more confident, as opposed to scrunching in on yourself and projecting uncertainty.

I was taught this very same thing when I took a class in public speaking.  Feet about a foot apart.  For some reason standing like that also helps in making you feel more confident.

Mind you, the Fundie male spraddle leg stance is also frequently accompanied by clasping their hands over their gonads.  We were also told not to do that fig leaf pose. :)

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I was taught this very same thing when I took a class in public speaking.  Feet about a foot apart.  For some reason standing like that also helps in making you feel more confident.

Mind you, the Fundie male spraddle leg stance is also frequently accompanied by clasping their hands over their gonads.  We were also told not to do that fig leaf pose. :)

When I showed a picture of DPIAT in his most extreme wide stance complete with "fig leaf" to Mr. No, he was like "holy shit!"

On 4/22/2017 at 5:54 PM, jojo said:

Hmmm....I just looked at her Facebook page, and I know some of her friends.  They help Amish leave the Amish life. I wonder if she is former Amish.

If so, she's out of the frying pan and into the fire, as my mother used to say.

7 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

Apparently, planting your feet more widely apart is a way to make yourself seem more confident, as opposed to scrunching in on yourself and projecting uncertainty.. Except, when he demonstrated, he would stand with his feet more apart than usual, but no wider than would look natural.

i used to teach communication to tour guides, and we taught exactly that - it also helped stop you shuffling. About a foot to fifteen inches apart was optimal. But hands in front of gonads - BIG no-no, as was hands in pockets.. We taught them to hold their clipboard/file etc to one side, at about elbow level - to control their hands, and look in control, or if they had a microphone , to use both hands. You could then take one off file/clipboard/mike for 'controlled gesture'!

Any updates on Kelly and Peter? I hate myself for being so enthralled with this (I really am trying to develop a more exciting life but just keep getting sucked back into this!). I'm new to their story (courtship/marriage/kids, kids and more kids) and am stunned that it unraveled in this way.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Howl said:

The phrase, "a girthy stance" just popped into my mind. 

I googled "girthy stance". This came up.

girthy stance.png

40 minutes ago, Jugs MacGee-Duggar said:

I googled "girthy stance". This came up.

girthy stance.png

Thank you! I love The Google! 

On 3/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, RebelliousEscapee said:

Just looked it up and I think you're right. Looks like they mixed up "dowry" and "bride price" or assumed them to be the same. Hm. 

Still catching up, but methinks they chose dowry instead of bride price because it would be a lot harder to make "bride price" sound good in modern-day America.  That said, the misuse of the word dowry like that drives pedantic ol' me absolutely bonkers....

ETA: Got to @refugee's comment about maybe mixing up the words, don't mind me then! I would actually be pretty shocked if they did say bride price in church like that... but thinking about it, I probably shouldn't be.

ETA ETA:  @nausicaa @Red Hair, Black Dress Holy crap! Tetracycline can turn your teeth gray?!?!? I've only ever come in contact with that stuff when treating fish, but now I wonder if it can do that to them, too. :pb_confused:

When sin came into the world, it created a great abyss that cut off man from God. 

So God sent Doug Phillips into this world to be a tool and use his wide stance as a bridge to unite man and God again. 

58 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

When sin came into the world, it created a great abyss that cut off man from God. 

So God sent Doug Phillips into this world to be a tool and use his wide stance as a bridge to unite man and God again. 

Where's the line to join atheism????!!!

Not that I would ever, ever WK DP, because he is a Tool who has done terrible things and gotten away with them. But.... there is an infinitesimal part of me that is a teeny tiny bit sorry for him. Given his upbringing and his father DP never had a chance.

By that I mean he never had a chance to discover who he really is.  We all know he's a frustrated actor/ director/ producer/ showman at heart. This European jaunt proves that.  In another family with another father he probably would have followed that.

Then there probably wouldn't have been VF and all the destruction, pain. suffering it caused.

It's sad in a cosmic way, although I'm not sad in the least for DP himself.

On 2017-3-17 at 4:13 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

If Peter really did cheat with men, I wonder if that allowed Kelly a way out that she wouldn't have ordinary had if he had just cheated with women. If so, that's still a sad commentary on the fundie mindset, that Kelly would be expected to put up with Peter dragging dirt into her home as long as he was cheating with a woman.

Anna Duggar is one example. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not that I would ever, ever WK DP, because he is a Tool who has done terrible things and gotten away with them. But.... there is an infinitesimal part of me that is a teeny tiny bit sorry for him. Given his upbringing and his father DP never had a chance.By that I mean he never had a chance to discover who he really is.  

But if his sisters were able to discover who they really are...

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

We all know he's a frustrated actor/ director/ producer/ showman at heart. 

Yes. Exponentially.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Georgiana said:

Whenever I think of their wide stance. I think of this character:
Monsters-University-Character-Poster-Art.jpg.a07e6dc745f1f40e20ad6c1679b3d1f2.jpg

ok carry on.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, DomWackTroll said:

But if his sisters were able to discover who they really are...

Y'Know, big difference is that in their subculture, the daughters are afterthoughts, ornaments, sweet things. It's up to the sons to carry on The Family Name And Mission and DW Cinematographer as the first-born son felt that especially. That was how he got the folks' approval. Look at how that foul next brother, Brad, caused actual deaths in his own bid to make a name for himself. 

Does NOT excuse any of their behaviors nor activities. 

@DomWackTroll, IIRC isn't one of DPIAT's sisters an opera singer?  Who also changed her name?

Interesing point @Red Hair, Black Dress on DPIAT's background / ambitions not fitting in with the family he was born into and his Dad's expectations for his son.   I don't feel for DPIAT that badly but can understand how he might have fared differently in another family.     

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

@DomWackTroll, IIRC isn't one of DPIAT's sisters an opera singer?  Who also changed her name?  

Yes. And then there's another sister who is an actress in NYC and one more who is a homemaker.

I agree with @MamaJunebug's point that Doug and Brad, having penises, would have had different expectations put on them. But I still say Doug could have done something less extreme than starting a right-wing religious cult in Texas. Go into law and fight for homeschoolers in the courts or whatever... But that would not have been glamorous and exciting enough for "Phil."

ETA: As far as Samuel, he was a late-in-life baby who is much younger than the others, and I think things probably relaxed by then. It almost seems like Howard "gave" him to Peggy, like, "This can be the Catholic one." 

24 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

But that would not have been glamorous and exciting enough for "Phil."

Correct. Also, working for someone else does not fall into his skill set. No authority but his. Other than Howard, it has never been apparent that "Phil" a.k.a. DPIART  (It's almost like typing "Caitilin" instead of "Bruce") has been accountable or submitted to anyone. Perhaps somewhat,  or somewhat feigned, to individuals like Farris  Leininger or Flo who hold mailing list, house or money that he wants but it's all artificial and means to an end.  He answers to no one. No one knows better than him. RUN KIDS RUN.  This points to his visionary narcissistic personality.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, Bretta said:

If Peter really did cheat

Maybe he has another name too!....... a la "Jeannette", "Craig" and "Phil"

45 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

(It's almost like typing "Caitilin" instead of "Bruce")

Okay, an image of Phil in a white, satin bustier just popped into my mind... :pb_lol:

Yes, Peter needs a fake name now, too. "Brad Peterson"? 

I'm sorry if this was mentioned before, but Kelly has a facebook profile under her middelname and her maiden name. The pictures seem recent to me. I wonder if she took back her maiden name or did she stick with BRADRICK!

I couldn't put the link to her profile here, but you can just search Jeannette Brown.

She also posted this as her intro: It's actually KELLY BRADRICK but, ya know.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that Peter's LinkedIn page (accessible from the Zillow profile) sorta leaves out that whole 'personal assistant to DPIAT' thing -- at least the shortened, free version of the profile does,.  You'd think he worked for Heritage Woodworks from 2001-2005 and hen went right into real estate.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Okay, an image of Phil in a white, satin bustier just popped into my mind... :pb_lol:

Yes, Peter needs a fake name now, too. "Brad Peterson"? 

Well, remember that Jordan Niednagel already has Brad Steel.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived