IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2017 at 5:09 PM, Black Aliss said:

Spelling doesn't seem to be part of the core curriculum at any SOTDRT.

It was at ours. One of my favorite subjects. I was a straight A student in spelling. I lived for spelling test days. :) 

16 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Per Scottie Brown's NCFIC website, he's holding his annual "Getting the Picture Right in Your First Seven Years of Marriage" seminar this weekend. There is remarkably little verbiage about the event, this time around. Wonder how he's spinning things...

Notice it's only seven years. What comes next is apparently a free for all.

Dougie's downfall was during Kelly & Peter's 7th year - they got married in 2006, he went down in 2013. Up until then, no doubt they did everything right. Or, at least as they were told. 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:29 PM, EowynW said:

Spelling doesn't seem to be part of the core curriculum at any SOTDRT.

It was at ours. One of my favorite subjects. I was a straight A student in spelling. I lived for spelling test days. :) 

Maybe by the time she was homeschooling the 5 youngest brother's [sic] she was fed up with the whole thing. I want to send her my old apron that reads "For this I spent 4 years in college?"

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Chocolatedefrauded said:

In the filing list, there's a confidential document called vital statistics <snip for space>

I am betting it is the iv-d statement or such that gives all the demographics (vital statistics) on all the parties- full name, weight, eye color, skin color, social security #s, DOBs, addresses, insurance (if any). I work in child support (not in NC nor WA) and we have a form that the parties must signs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 0:50 PM, fundiefan said:

Notice it's only seven years. What comes next is apparently a free for all.

Dougie's downfall was during Kelly & Peter's 7th year - they got married in 2006, he went down in 2013. Up until then, no doubt they did everything right. Or, at least as they were told. 

I so adore irony! I was contemplating this last night: none of these parents were raised under the model they created.  They  used (and continue to use) their children as a crazy experiment.  Even when the experiment is an epic fail, they are deterred not one bit. 

49 minutes ago, Howl said:

I so adore irony! I was contemplating this last night: none of these parents were raised under the model they created.  They  used (and continue to use) their children as a crazy experiment.  Even when the experiment is an epic fail, they are deterred not one bit. 

Reminds me of the Botkins' Homeschool Dropouts film, which IIRC puts a fair bit of blame on the kids.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

The irony got chest-deep Marcus Serven earned his doctoral degree from Covenant Seminary -- and NOT ONE of his NINE kids had ever set for outside the SOTDR---er, "Serven Genius Academy."

AND he completed it late in life, when it would make the keast difference in his earning power. A true vanity project???

Distinctly recall reading that he and Cheryl chose their path in reaction to the pain of (at least one of them) having come from a divorced family. They're my age and they exemplify the "Me Generation" epithet that's often spat our way. Scott, Marcus, Doug, Doug, Geoff AND their helpmeets -- arrogant  egotists, the lot of them!

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Scott, Marcus, Doug, Doug, Geoff AND their helpmeets -- arrogant  egotists, the lot of them!

All of these  guys, all of them, are functioning out of ego and a profound desire to control and to be right.  They can employ whatever religious cloaking device they want, put lipstick on a pig or whatever, and even lie to  themselves about it, but the motivation is the same. 

And don't forget to add John Piper and über narcissist Michael Pearl to this rogues gallery. 

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me that Scott is not laying the groundwork for a reunion here: 

The abundance of "likes" and "loves" on this post leads me to wonder if his followers know that something more is going on. 

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Please tell me that Scott is not laying the groundwork for a reunion here: 

The abundance of "likes" and "loves" on this post leads me to wonder if his followers know that something more is going on. 

The description says that the husband was "unsaved" and I doubt Scott Brown would have let his daughter marry a heathen (like most fundies, Peter was probably "saved" at some ridiculously young age).  Peter has probably been airbrushed out of the Brown family narrative, much like Doug Phillips is a tool.

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The description says that the husband was "unsaved" and I doubt Scott Brown would have let his daughter marry a heathen (like most fundies, Peter was probably "saved" at some ridiculously young age).  Peter has probably been airbrushed out of the Brown family narrative, much like Doug Phillips is a tool.

If they are, they'll claim peter wasn't really saved, but now is.

Ah, yes, Jason "Repentance is for chumps" Dohm. 

I know it's been awhile, but let's go back, back, back to 2006:

The July 2006 statement of Biblical Rebuke, affirmed by the congregation and leadership of Trinity Baptist Church, Wake Forest, NC concerning Scott T. Brown and Jason Dohm, former TBC elders:

“As you know, Scott Brown and Jason Dohm left our church on April 28. The deacons have looked into this matter, and we have come to the following conclusions:

1. We believe that Scott and Jason mishandled their responsibilities as elders to this body of believers.

2. We believe that they abused their position of trust and authority when they forced a vote of confidence over their leadership.

3. We believe that Scott and Jason were confronted with this and other errors, but they failed to repent when invited to do so.

4. Scott and Jason left our fellowship rather than address these issues and work through them together as the Bible requires.

14 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

If they are, they'll claim peter wasn't really saved, but now is.

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Ah, yes, Jason "Repentance is for chumps" Dohm. 

I know it's been awhile, but let's go back, back, back to 2006:

@Howl wins the internet!

I'm trying to recall if Trinity BC survived the Brown/Dohm schism intact or if they reorganized under a new name (and it's too late at night for me to look it up).

Those boys and their egos messed up a lot of innocent peoples' lives and quite possibly ruined a few. I hope - probably futilely - that their reputations precede them. 

10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm trying to recall if Trinity BC survived the Brown/Dohm schism intact or if they reorganized under a new name (and it's too late at night for me to look it up).

I don't know whether they are still there and survived the schism.  This is the closest Trinity BC I can find.  http://tbcraleigh.com/

Scottie is 20 miles away in Wake Forest, NC.

A trip down memory lane indeed.  For the full account of the expulsion of Scott and Jason from TBC (including DPIAT and other people from VFM indulging in threatening behavior towards TBC when they tried to discipline the two) here you go:  https://ephesians511.wordpress.com/

14 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Please tell me that Scott is not laying the groundwork for a reunion here...The abundance of "likes" and "loves" on this post leads me to wonder if his followers know that something more is going on. 

The thought of Kelly getting back with Peter and knocking our six more blessings in rapid succession is more than I can bear.   However, it makes sense that Scottie would apply intense pressure to do exactly that, because proving that Scottie's world view is the correct world view trumps Kelly's sanity and happiness any day of the week.  Now I fear that life at the farm is more like the Brown Family Re-education Camp for the Rebellious Child. 

Stay strong, Kelly and RESIST! 

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't know whether they are still there and survived the schism.  This is the closest Trinity BC I can find.  http://tbcraleigh.com/

Scottie is 20 miles away in Wake Forest, NC.

A trip down memory lane indeed.  For the full account of the expulsion of Scott and Jason from TBC (including DPIAT and other people from VFM indulging in threatening behavior towards TBC when they tried to discipline the two) here you go:  https://ephesians511.wordpress.com/

I got this

http://dnserrorassist.att.net/search/?q=http%3A//trinitybaptist-church.org/&r=&t=0

when I clicked on the ephesians511 link to "reconstituted" Trinity Baptist Church on this page:

https://ephesians511.wordpress.com/afterwards/

Since Raleigh & Wake Forest are 18 miles apart, I'm guessing Trinity Raleigh was not the same as Trinity Wake Forest, but who knows. Skimming thru the Eph.5:11 website again, I'm nauseated by the arrogance and complete lack of Christian charity that Scott showed toward the congregation. Do I believe he could be re-engineering a Peter-Kelly re-up? Since it would benefit Scott, yes I do believe that, with all my sinking heart. 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Since Raleigh & Wake Forest are 18 miles apart, I'm guessing Trinity Raleigh was not the same as Trinity Wake Forest, but who knows.

Sorry. I should have been clearer.  I really don't think they are the same.  The one in Raleigh looks comparatively mainstream and was established in 1954.

I would be pissed to think that Scottie and Dohm destroyed Trinity Baptist in Wake Forest though!

If Kelly actually is foolish enough to remarry Bradrick, I'll throw up my hands in horror and be tempted to wash my hands of her.  Yeah, yeah, I know she has limited options, pressure from Scott will be huge, and Peter will be forced to do the whole repentance thing with bells on.  

But, if she has a brain, she'll hold out.  I hope she will have learned from this mistake and refuse to comply with papering over the cracks of what seems to have been a disastrous marriage. 

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I hope she will have learned from this mistake and refuse to comply with papering over the cracks of what seems to have been a disastrous marriage. 

Not to mention that she should NOT do whatever a man, even her father, tells her to do without thinking it through herself.

8 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Not to mention that she should NOT do whatever a man, even her father, tells her to do without thinking it through herself.

Seriously, but how optimistic are you on this one?

Eh, if Scott's plan is indeed reconciliation, I'm not optimistic at all.  Kelly could have toughed it out on her own (granted all those children would have made it hard) on whatever child support and alimony she could have wrung out of Peter.  

But no.  She ran home to Daddy's umbrella of protection instead.  When you have been thoroughly indoctrinated in NOT thinking things through for yourself it is hard to break out of that way of thinking.

But, FFS, Kelly!  Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire once is enough!  Don't do it twice!

There is a "love," and a comment, from Paulina Marie, AKA OfTalibanTony:

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 3.58.15 PM.png

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Seriously, but how optimistic are you on this one?

Not very, but if there were ever a time in her relatively young life for Kelly to think through things for herself this would be it, especially if pressure is being exerted to reunite her with Bradrick!

Maybe, OTOH, this is just a cynical PR ploy by Scottie to address Kelly's awkward (for Scottie) situation in a passive-aggressive way.

If he refers to their divorce in this oblique, passive-aggressive way without actually demonstrating that a reconciliation is happening, he gets Jesus-points just for talking about it, regardless how things turn out.

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

There is a "love," and a comment, from Paulina Marie, AKA OfTalibanTony:

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 3.58.15 PM.png

Oh. My. G*d. Paulina the fake Jew? How could I have forgotten all about her? What's next, Emily of Dna thanking Scottie for give her hope?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived