IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

THANK YOU so much!  You made my day as well as my point!

"Boom!  The twinkle of wonder is all around you."  :laughing-rolling:

Nah.  I don't think Doug would ever have made it as an actor.  As a con-man with VFM he had astonishing success.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's where the "more cellos" comes from, finally I know!!!  What a piece of work....a story teller for sure! :P 

Just found this rare, early footage of Doug at the 2001 Vision Forum Enforced Gender Conformity Conference: 

Sure, he's a little theatrical, but...

You know, I've been thinking about this and I have a hard time seeing Peter going for the reconciliation when he's the one who filed for divorce in the first place, was publicly outed in the settlement, and continues to live in the Seattle area. I can't see it benefiting him beyond saving him a huge chunk of change in child support and alimony (and also earning his way back into the family's good graces, but he may not want that).

The reconciliation process would probably be totally humiliating, as well, given what we know about the level of vindictiveness Scottie is capable of. He'd be paraded around like a circus animal ("BEHOLD: the reformed homosexual!") and probably treated like a tainted second-class citizen forever.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:24 PM, ladyamylynn said:

She's definitely not married again, and from the looks of it she lives with her parents. Fun fact, her parents aren't Catholic, they are evangelicals, though I would assume that she has Catholic family based on her ethnic background.

I'm having problems remembering Lina.  I can't have followed her much.  Was she the one who was vaguely Messianic Jew, rocked her headscarves, and insisted on being a SAHD when her parents were desperate to push her out of the nest and stand on her own two feet - or was that someone else?

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm having problems remembering Lina.  I can't have followed her much.  Was she the one who was vaguely Messianic Jew, rocked her headscarves, and insisted on being a SAHD when her parents were desperate to push her out of the nest and stand on her own two feet - or was that someone else?

That's the one. Trying to follow what she perceived as the dictates of Orthodox Judaism (made her own mikvah out of a plastic wading pool, IIRC) whilst demanding that her evangelical father simultaneously be her headship and honor her Talmudic practices.  I think she met Tony online and married him shortly after a brief in-person courtship, which was entirely her idea, not that of her  daddy-headship. Much drama ensued as Tony switched religious practices more often than most people change their hairstyles

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Much drama ensued as Tony switched religious practices more often than most people change their hairstyles

Thanks so much!  I see I have to delve into the archives.  All this Taliban Tony drama must have happened when I was taking a break. :)

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Thanks so much!  I see I have to delve into the archives.  All this Taliban Tony drama must have happened when I was taking a break. :)

I think you actually have to go all the way back to Yuku for this one. I'll feed the rescue ferrets early tonight, in case they have to out out later.

There are few things more amusing, IMHO, than a stay at home daughter living under her dad's "headship" when dad is all "FFS, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GROW UP! NO I DON'T WANT TO PICK YOUR HUSBAND FOR YOU!"
Honoring your father's headship by refusing to follow his directions/wishes is a special kind of crazy.

7 hours ago, bea said:

There are few things more amusing, IMHO, than a stay at home daughter living under her dad's "headship" when dad is all "FFS, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GROW UP! NO I DON'T WANT TO PICK YOUR HUSBAND FOR YOU!"

This is the reality show I want to see/blog I want to read/twitter account I want to follow!

And re "Honoring your father's headship by refusing to follow his directions/wishes is a special kind of crazy." - in BDSM there's a phrase "topping from the bottom", for someone who says they want to be submissive, be dominated etc, but also want to run the show.  "Dominate me, but do it exactly like this!".  Every time I run across this type of wannabe-SAHD, I think of that phrase and laugh.  If they ever do find a headship, they'll be exactly the same, "I submit to my husband's headship, but only if he does it exactly my way".

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

If they ever do find a headship, they'll be exactly the same, "I submit to my husband's headship, but only if he does it exactly my way".

Exhibit #1:  Jill R.  

• 3 months later...

Is there any update on this situation? Is it just a garden variety custody with mom, visitation with dad thing now? He's still in WA, she's on the East Coast? Whatever happened would, it seems, have some potential of popping the Patriarchal Phoolishness.

Forgive me in advance if this has been discussed, but my search did not provide that it has been. I am a new member, but have lurked off and on for about 4 years now. Life transitions have allowed me to properly engage here. I followed the below event very closely when it happened earlier this year. My summary of the event is mostly from memorybut I am posting links for y'all.

Anyway, last year thought that I heard Peter and Kelly went to Westside Baptist in Bremerton WA (about 7 years ago before the fall of VF and Peter and Kelly were still in Texas, I was at a NCFIC event there, complete with Browns and Bradricks) pastored by Craig Houston. This would have been after they moved to Washington. Even if they didn't, this event is worth posting. This is a NCFIC church, and I believe Houston is now on the board of Christian Heritage Home Educators of WA, the PNW arm of Vision Forum and it's aftermath. 8 days before the Bradrick divorce was filed (January 5th, 2017), Houston's youngest son Lemuel, aged almost 1 year, drowned in a 5 gallon bucket of water in their home. Craig was out of the country doing missions, and the mom (Emily) was in Seattle for an event, the family resides in or near Bremerton. A brother did CPR and was taken to the hospital. He lived on life support for a couple of weeks I think then passed. I cannot believe there was no criminal investigation of child neglect here, and as far as I know CPS was not involved. I find the entire event suspicious, so it's occurence coinciding with the Bradrick divorce perplexes me even more consdering that they were all supposedly friends (I swear this was the Bradrick's church!) Baby Lemuel was in the care of the older kids, and the news stated that no one over 17 was present. They have a few kids older than 17, not sure why they were absent. The oldest girl is about college age, and another is married. Emily and Craig are not even 40 as far as I know. Somwehere they said there was a big bucket of water sitting in their house because it contained the small Christimas tree for the kids or some shit. They had disposed of the Christmas trees but did not yet dump the bucket. I also remember it mentioned that everyone else was in the basement watching a movie, and he crawled up the stairs and fell head first into the bucket. 

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/code-911/2017/01/06/baby-found-unresponsive-thursday-night-manette-home/96234904/

https://www.youcaring.com/craigandemilyhouston-733744

http://www.thehoustontable.com/page/2/

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/code-911/2017/01/23/infant-who-fell-into-container-water-dies/96969546/

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived