5 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

There is a "love," and a comment, from Paulina Marie, AKA OfTalibanTony:

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 3.58.15 PM.png

This is just getting weird.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Oh. My. G*d. Paulina the fake Jew? How could I have forgotten all about her? What's next, Emily of Dna thanking Scottie for give her hope?

Do you know how excited I'd be if this actually happened?  I'd break out a store-bought (Great Value brand) cola in celebration!

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

This is just getting weird.

FB says she is a faithful Catholic and has a different last name than what  I remember. Did she unload TT? 

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Sorry. I should have been clearer.  I really don't think they are the same.  The one in Raleigh looks comparatively mainstream and was established in 1954.

I would be pissed to think that Scottie and Dohm destroyed Trinity Baptist in Wake Forest though!

I join you in your disgust, but I'm pretty sure the original TBC of WF reorganized and renamed itself.  The current TBC of Raleigh has women Reverends! 

I asked Brother Google about Baptist churches in WF and got a slew -- a slew I tell you! -- of hits! Aforementioned slew

It's cold comfort to those that Scottie and his pea-brained minions hurt personally, but at least there are other Baptist congregations to try on for size. 

If Peter allows himself to be made a Prodigal Husband for the sake of Scottie's brand, I don't see how he'll ever look in a mirror again. This is the guy whose bisexuality was strongly implied by his ex- and her side in divorce documents (paraphrasing, but one stipulation was that P not be allowed to bring any paramour, male or female, to his supervised visitations with his children).

On 16/07/2017 at 11:26 AM, EmiGirl said:

If they are, they'll claim peter wasn't really saved, but now is.

How does Scottie explain how his vetting process missed that big detail? :P

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

How does Scottie explain how his vetting process missed that big detail? :P

Satan. 

I defer to those more knowledgeable but it would just be very odd for them to go through all the machinations and expense etc etc to divorce this Spring, only at this early time to be undoing all that.  There have been NO reports of him, though, which leads us to believe he is laying VERY low. Is there anyone with connections in WA who beyond his real estate listings has any sense of where he is or what he is doing? Wish he'd write a tell all on VF and make some money for his kids while exposing DPIABRT-Esq. and disclosing what the big secret(s) with him (BRADRICK!)  is/was

9 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

FB says she is a faithful Catholic and has a different last name than what  I remember. Did she unload TT? 

I'm 99% sure he unloaded her after becoming an atheist. She seemed to pick the Catholic stuff up shortly after and has made it her entire identity. This all happened at least a couple years ago. Tony has a new girlfriend.

Wonder if Bradrick! has been following the exploits of Dougie? Bradrick's on the hook for child support and possibly alimony for most of his adult life.  Dougie is gallivanting around in Europe without a care. 

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Do you know how excited I'd be if this actually happened?  I'd break out a store-bought (Great Value brand) cola in celebration!

Not home-made kombucha?!? You spendthrift, you!

(where's that tsk tsk emoji?)

I have no information to offer, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that Scott is pushing Kelly to reconcile with Peter. Thank goodness this isn't a Duggar thread, or some people would already be stating this as a fact.

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'm 99% sure he unloaded her after becoming an atheist. She seemed to pick the Catholic stuff up shortly after and has made it her entire identity. This all happened at least a couple years ago. Tony has a new girlfriend.

That was a blessing in disguise, the unloading by TT, he was awful. Her FB says she homeschooled, I wonder if she has remarried or if again a SAHD with a small child. I'm not surprised she went back to being Catholic and turned it up several notches, she has always been searching for something.  She has always seemed like a lost soul to me,  yet I'm sure she would think the same about me, but for very different reasons. 

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, BobJonesBabe said:

Hmmm...who wants to purchase copies of "FINDINGS OF FACT AND CONCLUSIONS OF LAW?"

I wonder how much it would tell us of what has been going on.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing and "Can I justify this to myself when I review my credit card statement next month?".

The reason Scott's post raises an eyebrow for me is this: Look at the number of likes on the posts before it. 22, 23, 16, 6. The highest I saw was 56.

But this one in particular gets 72 likes? And 27 shares? 

8 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Scott is pushing Kelly to reconcile with Peter.

31 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

The reason Scott's post raises an eyebrow for me is this: Look at the number of likes on the posts before it. 22, 23, 16, 6. The highest I saw was 56.

But this one in particular gets 72 likes? And 27 shares? 

Hope you're right,, @JemimaPuddle-Duck, but @DomWackTroll's observation makes it seem as though someone wants the NCFIC's leghumpers to think otherwise.

8 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

but I don't think there's a chance in hell that Scott is pushing Kelly to reconcile with Peter.

I hope you are right too.  But see above!

It is possible that Scott is posturing about the sanctity of marriage and earning Jesus points (TM @hoipolloi) for pretending to want Kelly and Peter back together.

What he should be doing is examining how his stringent criteria for marriage, his "vetting" of suitors, and his control and sheltering of his daughter, were a total failure in Kelly's case.

He has yet to admit to any of that.   And he is still pontificating at marriage retreats as though he were an expert!

9 hours ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

That was a blessing in disguise, the unloading by TT, he was awful. Her FB says she homeschooled, I wonder if she has remarried or if again a SAHD with a small child. I'm not surprised she went back to being Catholic and turned it up several notches, she has always been searching for something.  She has always seemed like a lost soul to me,  yet I'm sure she would think the same about me, but for very different reasons. 

She's definitely not married again, and from the looks of it she lives with her parents. Fun fact, her parents aren't Catholic, they are evangelicals, though I would assume that she has Catholic family based on her ethnic background.

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Wonder if Bradrick! has been following the exploits of Dougie? Bradrick's on the hook for child support and possibly alimony for most of his adult life.  Dougie is gallivanting around in Europe without a care. 

This, so much. Bradrick! seemed to truly believe in all VF shit, and Dougie the Boutique Tool was his spiritual father figure, like he said himself. He was genuinely shocked to the core when all shit hit the fan. And now he's paying the price for all those years spent following Dougie, finding himself between a rock and a stone. Of course he's 100% responsible for his own actions and the shit he put Kelly thru, but he surely MUST feel at least a tiny bit bitter for Doug who has no care in the world chasing young women around Europe and pretending to be a great cinematographer... I would SO read Petey' s tell-all!

On 7/17/2017 at 1:16 AM, MamaJunebug said:

If Peter allows himself to be made a Prodigal Husband for the sake of Scottie's brand, I don't see how he'll ever look in a mirror again. This is the guy whose bisexuality was strongly implied by his ex- and her side in divorce documents (paraphrasing, but one stipulation was that P not be allowed to bring any paramour, male or female, to his supervised visitations with his children).

Totally agree.  It would be a huge mistake for him to remarry Kelly especially if what is implied in the documents is true.  Not because of him being possibly bisexual but the condition that he not bring any boy/girlfriends to visitation.  Suggests to me that he got into other relationships while married and if so, he needs to sort out who he is and what he wants.  If he goes back it should be that he really wants to be with Kelly, not do it for the sake of Daddy in law's brand.  He's already given up enough of his life.

Given no dating experiences / romantic relationships prior to marriage, I suspect he's playing out what he might have done if he had a more normal life. 

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Given no dating experiences / romantic relationships prior to marriage, I suspect he's playing out what he might have done if he had a more normal life. 

I certainly hope so.

Gary Powers explains in this video that it is sometimes difficult for churches to enact biblical reforms because of the way church government is structured. For instance, there is often a church board and senior pastors instead of a biblical eldership.

I'm not recalling anything in the bible that discusses engineering a coup d'état to take over church leadership behind the backs of the biblical elders.  

There are many man-made ideas in church government that will sometimes override what Scripture commands regarding a certain subject.

These guys are totally irony impaired.  By that, I mean ELEVENTY!  1!!!1!!!11!

On 5/12/2017 at 7:22 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Given his upbringing and his father DP never had a chance.

By that I mean he never had a chance to discover who he really is.  We all know he's a frustrated actor/ director/ producer/ showman at heart...

...and probably a gay man. Being the mom of an adult gay son, my gaydar goes off completely when I see any pics of Doug Phillips. Of course, he would never have been able to explore and express that part of himself. The shame, guilt, and denial cause fundamentalists to go to extraordinary lengths to hide it.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:22 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Given his upbringing and his father DP never had a chance. 

By that I mean he never had a chance to discover who he really is.  We all know he's a frustrated actor/ director/ producer/ showman at heart. This European jaunt proves that.  In another family with another father he probably would have followed that.

Then there probably wouldn't have been VF and all the destruction, pain. suffering it caused.

It's sad in a cosmic way, although I'm not sad in the least for DP himself.

I'm going to disagree, respectfully.  Doug certainly may have wanted to be an actor/ director/ producer/ showman but had he gone that route instead of going to law school he wouldn't have gone very far.  He's not very good at it.

As it is, he dumped law, and Howard (and others) enabled him to set up VFM where he could act, direct, produce, and prance around on stage as much as he liked.  I am now mourning the fact that I can't find the vimeo of Doug at the San Antonio Christian Film Festival talking about "the wonders of the universe are all around us" and demanding "more cellos!"  It would really prove my point. :)

Doug attained far greater prominence, and power, and did more acting and showmanship through VFM than he would if he had gone to drama or film school in the first place.  IMO.

He chucked it all away though.  He has no-one to blame except himself.

2 hours ago, DinglyDoll said:

...and probably a gay man. Being the mom of an adult gay son, my gaydar goes off completely when I see any pics of Doug Phillips. Of course, he would never have been able to explore and express that part of himself. The shame, guilt, and denial cause fundamentalists to go to extraordinary lengths to hide it.

It is possible that all his flirting and philandering with women is an elaborate cover for Doug being gay.  I'm not so sure though.

He flirts (and may well have philandered) with men too.   My gut feeling is that Doug just loves attention and adulation, is a horny little devil, and will do anything to get it.  I wouldn't be surprised if nothing on two legs is safe from his attentions.  Our four legged friends might also have cause for concern if Doug really couldn't find attention elsewhere. I doubt he's very fussy.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I am now mourning the fact that I can't find the vimeo of Doug at the San Antonio Christian Film Festival talking about "the wonders of the universe are all around us" and demanding "more cellos!"

Ask and ye shall receive!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived