IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 2

Destiny

15 hours ago, refugee said:

Believe it or not, 30 years ago, an American pediatrician put our then toddler on daily antibiotics for an entire year, as a preventive measure for recurring ear infections.

In 1963, as a 14-year-old, my doctor put me on tetracycline because I had some very small but psychologically bothersome pimples.  When I say "psychologically bothersome", it was in the normal 14-year-old girl kinda way, "OMG, ZITS".   

Candidiasis diagnosis might have spiked at a certain point in time because of indiscriminate antibiotic use, resulting in actual candidiasis.  Awareness of the side effects of indiscriminate antibiotic use and the need for probiotics after a course of antibiotics may cut down on the occurrence of candidiasis. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to bride price, you're welcome! Does anyone else recall the interminable video of Cap'n Bret giving [arrgggh!!!!!] his daughter to the dourest of dour-looking suitors in the family life video by room, with "the home church" watching as witnesses?

I couldn't begin to watch it again -- no matter how many years I have left to live, I'm not wasting 90 minutes of my time on that!  

Anyway, Cap'n Bret had what looked like Mardi Gras doubloons wrapped in a handkerchief and stored in a box.  He rambled on about "this is the bride-price" while the betrothed watched uncomfortably.

Heck, EVERYBODY watched uncomfortably.  The women all had pillowcase-sized "veils" on their heads without benefit of bobby pins to hold them in place and looked awkward ACB trying not to fuss with them; the men were doing that "I'm not looking at you" look that men do when they're thinking it's time to fight or flee, and nobody looked happy about the camera continuing to pan over the crowd.

It was not bevif the first marriage-related videos I saw at s theatre me when I was at my last attempt to fix my marriage and had wandered upon "Patriarchy." 

How does anyone suppose this will make things good, I wondered then and still wonder now.

It may also have been my first clue that all church gatherings were not necessarily well thought out as to what was being preached....

13 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Heck, EVERYBODY watched uncomfortably.  The woman men all had done pillowcase-sized "veils" on their heads without benefit of bobby pins to hold them in place and looked awkward ACB trying not to fuss with them; the men were doing that "I'm not looking at you" look that men do when they're thinking it's time to fight or flee, and nobody looked happy about the camera continuing to pan over the crowd.

So funny!  

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

In 1963, as a 14-year-old, my doctor put me on tetracycline because I had some very small but psychologically bothersome pimples.  When I say "psychologically bothersome", it was in the normal 14-year-old girl kinda way, "OMG, ZITS".   

Me, too! -- only for me it was really bad stuff, what I graveyard-chuckle at, now, and call terminal acne. 

The idea seemed to be that the acne could be a form of staph.  An acquaintance actually did have infectious acne that was cured once and for all by a massive dose of something, probably sulfa. This would've been 35, 36 years ago.

As it turned out, what I needed was for my various bodily systems to mature. Thanks a lot, Mother Nature. Big Mama JB told me - wanting to be of comfort  - that she also had had some pretty bad pimples in her teen years and she figured it had been a good thing in keeping her from getting too wild with the boys. (I should write down BMJB's Words of Wit & Wisdom. And then compare it to what (I just know) the JunIor JBs are writing down about me!!!!)

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

So funny!  

Don't encourage me!  But I will be here all week. :my_biggrin:

Considering the cost of living and real estate market in Bradrick!'s area, how many houses does he need to list and sell in a year to make his living expenses and support obligations?

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

. (I should write down BMJB's Words of Wit & Wisdom. And then compare it to what (I just know) the JunIor JBs are writing down about me!!!!)

LOL! What's that old saying, "Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your kids!"

I know, it doesn't quite fit the scenario, but it popped into my head. Our parents (of my sibs and me) were incredibly toxic. I can't remember too many words of Wit&Wisdom. My sibs and I have been dealing with our issues and are hopefully less toxic. Our kids seem to be doing way better than we did at their age... So I guess things are looking up.

Another Bradrick! thought... Is he tied to his area by his real estate license? I don't know how it works. Is a license good everywhere, or do you have to take a test wherever you want to set up as a realtor because of local laws and regulations?

He might be able to move his license to NC or elsewhere.  Many states have reciprocity for RE licenses -- that is your license is good in the state in which you obtained it and in other states that agree to reciprocity with your home state.

Not every state does this -- I don't know about WA and NC.

Alternatively he might have to take the RE exam in his new home state in order to be licensed there. It should be easier for him the 2nd time around if that is the case.

22 hours ago, refugee said:

Considering the cost of living and real estate market in Bradrick!'s area, how many houses does he need to list and sell in a year to make his living expenses and support obligations?

Employers can take up to 50% of wages for child support. Most real estate agents aren't employees but in my state the big companies take the money out of the commissions and send it to the child support agency because the agent is a contractor of said company. I have seen real estate companies show caused and brought before a judge for not taking child support out of commission checks.

So according to the documents posted up thread CS is 1623.96/month ($324.79/kid/month. As each kid emancipates it will go down by $324.79 if they don't modify their child support order) and spousal support is 1250.00/month (Total of $2873.96/month). According to Zillow average home price in the Tacoma area is $244,000. In my area a buyers agent gets usually 3.5% of sale price as commission. I am going to back that down to 3% to play it conservative. If he sells 1 house at $244,000 each month he will get $7320 before taxes. I took 25% taxes off that brought the commission down to $5490 for the sale. 5490-1623.96 (CS)-1250 (SS) allows BRADRICK! to live off from $2616.04 each month. So he would have to sell at least 1 $244,000 house per month to survive.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:06 AM, Howl said:

Candidiasis diagnosis might have spiked at a certain point in time because of indiscriminate antibiotic use, resulting in actual candidiasis.  Awareness of the side effects of indiscriminate antibiotic use and the need for probiotics after a course of antibiotics may cut down on the occurrence of candidiasis. 

I was given an antibiotic to take for acne too! This was in the 90s. I took it for years :-/

On 3/30/2017 at 9:06 AM, Howl said:

I took Tetracycline for years in the 90s because of teenage acne. So much so that it turns out my jawbone and the roots of all of my teeth are jet black (I learned this upon having my wisdom teeth removed and the dentist shouting "What in the hell!?"). 

And it didn't really help my acne that much, but jacked up my stomach a ton. Really wish I could go back and not have taken anything. I just grew out of it in college, as most people do. 

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Employers can take up to 50% of wages for child support. Most real estate agents aren't employees but in my state the big companies take the money out of the commissions and send it to the child support agency because the agent is a contractor of said company. I have seen real estate companies show caused and brought before a judge for not taking child support out of commission checks.

So according to the documents posted up thread CS is 1623.96/month ($324.79/kid/month. As each kid emancipates it will go down by $324.79 if they don't modify their child support order) and spousal support is 1250.00/month (Total of $2873.96/month). According to Zillow average home price in the Tacoma area is $244,000. In my area a buyers agent gets usually 3.5% of sale price as commission. I am going to back that down to 3% to play it conservative. If he sells 1 house at $244,000 each month he will get $7320 before taxes. I took 25% taxes off that brought the commission down to $5490 for the sale. 5490-1623.96 (CS)-1250 (SS) allows BRADRICK! to live off from $2616.04 each month. So he would have to sell at least 1 $244,000 house per month to survive.

Spousal support is tax deductible so she pays the taxes on that so at least he has that going for him. My reading of the child support tables for Washington would put him at about $4500 a month based on what he paying per child. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?Cite=26.19.020

That is going to be hard for him. 

You know, I took antibiotics from 12 to 19 (it was a simpler, less scientifically informed time...:pb_confused:) and had horrible stomach problems from 18 onwards. I've never made a connection between that and my antibiotic use before reading this thread, but I'd bet cash money its related. 

Mr Dress was given massive doses of tetracycline  for years as a kid for something (ear infections maybe).  Anyway it was prior to getting his permanent teeth.  His permanent teeth came in medium to dark-ish gray. Which as you can imagine hindered his smile (always closed mouth) and made his teeth look always dirty and unclean.

His family did nothing about his teeth. Not that they didn't have the money (they were and are very wealthy) but because they thought it a waste of money because he's a boy.  And they told him nothing could be done . Did I mention wealthy but very cheap.

It wasn't until we were married and I pushed and pushed him to check with a cosmetic dentist that he took steps to correct it.  My trump card was that I told him his teeth would probably hinder his career.  Turned out that several rounds of dental strength teeth whitening and periodic home bleaching strips fixed the problem.  His teeth will never be dazzling white, but they are white enough and no longer grey.

Oh.. and his mother was most annoyed that he would waste his money on something so trivial.

59 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You know, I took antibiotics from 12 to 19 (it was a simpler, less scientifically informed time...:pb_confused:) and had horrible stomach problems from 18 onwards. I've never made a connection between that and my antibiotic use before reading this thread, but I'd bet cash money its related. 

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on television, but it might be good to read up on SIBO (small intenstinal bacterial overgrowth, I think is what it stands for). I have no idea if there's a connection, but something in the back of my brain pinged when I read your comment. It probably came up in conversation with someone lately, and there was some similarity or other. FWIW.

9 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It wasn't until we were married and I pushed and pushed him to check with a cosmetic dentist that he took steps to correct it.  My trump card was that I told him his teeth would probably hinder his career.

Good for you! (and him)

I just had a flashback to While You Were Sleeping. Peter's family asks Lucy what it was about Peter that first caught her attention, she says, "His smile," and Peter's father answers, "They're caps!"

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was given an antibiotic to take for acne too! This was in the 90s. I took it for years :-/

My doctor just put me on birth control pills. I was a teenager, in Massachusetts in the 90's. Triphasil cleared my skin right up, regulated my periods, and kept me from being a teen Mom! Winning all around.

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Spousal support is tax deductible so she pays the taxes on that so at least he has that going for him. My reading of the child support tables for Washington would put him at about $4500 a month based on what he paying per child. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?Cite=26.19.020

This is going to be hard for him, especially if he isn't good with budgeting. Anyone know much about being a realtor--or real estate agent? (Modern Family  tells me there's a difference.) What is a typical number of houses to sell in a month?  How much of the commission would the company he works for take? And is the area in WA he is living in very expensive? (I'm from the East Coast and have no idea about COL out there.)

BTW, thanks for that numbers breakdown @quiversR4hunting--I love stuff like that. I'm guessing that 25% in taxes only includes Federal, since WA doesn't have an income tax. However, that hefty 6.5% sales tax is going to affect him.

2 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Heard there are some gaffer opportunities with a cinematographer in Belgium. Not sure about the pay.

You get the wonderful opportunity to serve Doug God. That's better than pay!

CS in WA goes up for each child as they turn 12.  It doesn't happen automatically, so Kelly will have to know to file a modification to the CS worksheet.  It's currently $200/mo and with all those kids so close in age, he ought to have fun with that for awhile. Petey needs a sugar mama.

7 hours ago, Jess said:

I'm confused. The numbers I used for his CS were what was in his order. His CS+SS= $2873.96. The CS tables may say 4500 bit that isn't what his order says. I know in my state we have a CS calculator, and from what I read in the order so does WA because the calculation was attached to one of the items. 

Yeah, given that a fair bit of digestion relies on bacteria in your digestive tract, antibiotics are gonna mess up your digestion for sure.

So does chemotherapy.

Just had a follow up with my doctor on Tuesday, and I had to be on three different antibiotics over the winter ~ so obviously my gut feels all over the place.  She recommended a daily probiotic to get things back on track (though obviously consult your own doctor before adding anything to your self care routine).

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived