IGNORED

Donald Trump and the Fellowship of the Alternative Facts (Part 14)

Destiny

Just now, onekidanddone said:

How long till impeachment? 

If it were up to me, well, right about now.

However, looking back at how long it took from the discovery of the Watergate break-in until the moment they were set to impeach Nixon, it's going to be quite a while yet. Back in the day, it took them more than a year.

However, if somebody finds indisputable, undeniable and definitive proof that the Russian Connection goes all the way back to him, it just might be untenable for the repubs to keep their heads up their asses, and the impeachment process will start sooner.

Fingers crossed.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, America.  Trump will sort everything out while spending another weekend in Florida.

So my parents are from East Africa and every now and then they talked about how it'd be cool if me and my siblings had dual citizenship. Since this election I've been so serious of looking into getting my citizenship cause of this orange fuckface.  I'm trying to start the process when I come back from Taiwan next month.

Also I feel like I can't even call him a toddler cause I know so many who act better than him! Like it's offensive to toddlers!!

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I can't fathom how people are going to show up for a rally after he announced his budget. Don't they get it now?????? Don't the get how they screwed themselves and the rest of us?  Poof there go their veterinarians benefits.  Poof there goes there parent's meals-on-wheels. Poof there goes their kid's school lunches. Their health insurance.  Is Congress really going to approve all this?  How long will it take for the orange zombies to WAKE THE FUCK UP? Ugh.  

With out going into specifics, if Orange Julius Cesar's new 'budget' is approved I'm out of a job.  Out of health insurance.

Indulge me while I rant a bit This just happened yesterday, My kid was just prescribed an Epi pen after an anaphylactic (sp?) "event" at school (we don't yet know why).  I was working from home thank heavens when the school nurse called said she was having trouble breathing. I'm only a mile from the school and I arrived about the same time as the rescue squad. She received two  epinephrine  shots by the school nurse and more in the ER. She was breathing fine pretty soon after that and after 5 hours they let us go home with a script for the pens. A trip to Walgreens and 169 dollars later we were home. ONE FUCKING HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE dollars... That is with insurance. With out it is over 700.

These orange fucks who have kids with serious allergies are going to have to choose between rent or hope their children don't go all cyanotic on the playground.

All three of us have preexisting conditions. Insurance providers won't touch us if I didn't' have it through my employer.

I'm the main wage earner in my family. I don't work we could last a while. When the savings run out well I suppose I can join all the orange fuck faces in the non-extant lines for the closed food banks.

I'm blisteringly angry. Can you tell? I've called my reps on the Hill. I live in a blue area, I know they are working hard against orange shit stain, but I still call because the people who answer the phone are for the most part understanding and kind

Okay..carry on.

Pay no attention to the 'veterinarians' benefits. I was thinkig veterans. I am sure  however he has never met a kitten or puppy he didn't kick.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I can't fathom how people are going to show up for a rally after he announced his budget. Don't they get it now?????? Don't the get how they screwed themselves and the rest of us?  Poof there go their veterinarians benefits.  Poof there goes there parent's meals-on-wheels. Poof there goes their kid's school lunches. Their health insurance.  Is Congress really going to approve all this?  How long will it take for the orange zombies to WAKE THE FUCK UP? Ugh

I understand and share your frustration. I'm waiting for a member of the Lawn Care Club* to write in to my local newspaper, so I'll know what the latest talking points are for how to be a pro-life religious conservative, and not be bothered by hurting children, seniors, veterans, etc...

From what little I've seen, one of the talking points for cutting Meals on Wheels is going to be that the recipients are "scamming" the program. :pb_rollseyes:

I'm relieved to hear that your daughter is okay, but sorry to hear that Trump's budget is endangering your job. Republicans don't care that when you cut budgets, it's very likely that people will end up losing jobs. 

*The Lawn Care Club is what I call the core the group of elderly letter writers to my local paper. They all support Trump, and from the content of their letters, you can tell that they spend their days either watching Fox News, visiting the fever swamp sites on the internet, or reading chain emails with right-wing conspiracies. Yelling at kids to get off of their lawn is not enough for them, so they yell at people through the newspaper.

One of Trump's appointees is publicly disagreeing with him. I'm sure the giant toddler is throwing a temper tantrum about this as we speak (or else his staff is outside his door playing rock-paper-scissors over who has to go in and tell him): 

I'm losing track of what has already been posted here. Did anyone post anything about this yet: 

Apologies that all I post lately are tweets. I've been so busy with work stuff over the last few weeks that I don't have time for much of anything other than twitter lately. 

Here's a tweet that gave me some hope: 

Our new president has offended yet another foreign leader, and implicated Fox News as the source of the initiating misinformation, so you'd think Fox News would be discussing this.  But no.  Hannity is offering a preview of a special series, to air next week:  what your kids are really doing during Spring Break (they're wearing bathing suits and drinking while at the beach at South Padre Island -- shocking!!).

A fuckhead who attacked journalist Kurt Eichenwald over his criticism of Agent Orange has been arrested.

newsweek.com/kurt-eichenwald-twitter-seizure-arrest-john-rivello-569813

An alleged Twitter troll behind a virtual attack that caused Newsweek senior writer Kurt Eichenwald to suffer a seizure was arrested on Friday for cyberstalking. The suspect faces federal charges and could face additional counts in Dallas, where Eichenwald lives, according to the writer.

Steven Lieberman, Eichenwald’s lawyer, named the suspect as John Rivello. A law enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity initially confirmed the name, and a United States Department of Justice statement further confirmed it Friday evening. FBI officials arrested the man at his home in in Salisbury, Maryland, around 7 a.m. Friday, according to Lieberman. Rivello was expected to appear at a hearing in federal court in Baltimore on Friday afternoon, the lawyer said.

Rivello was a student at Wor-Wic Community College in Salisbury until December 2014 and did not graduate, according to the school. Salisbury’s Trinity United Methodist Church also listed a person with that name in a 2016 newsletter. Rivello is 29 and registered as a Republican, according to public records.

The Justice Department released additional details Friday afternoon after Rivello appeared in court. A search warrant found that in direct messages to other Twitter users, Rivello wrote, “I hope this sends him into a seizure,” “Spammed this at [victim] let’s see if he dies,” and “I know he has epilepsy.” The search warrant also found screenshots on Rivello’s iCloud account “from epilepsy.com with a list of commonly reported epilepsy seizure triggers,” the Justice Department said, and other screenshots related to Eichenwald.

I hope this fucker is a guest of the United States Government for a very, very, very long time.

8 hours ago, sawasdee said:

It's late at night here, and I'm musing.

I worked for years as a tour manager for well to do Americans visiting Europe. Most were well educated, with at least an undergraduate degree.

But the level of knowledge of what was outside the US was appalling. I would not call them insular, but parochial - they had information about their own state politics, but often I knew more of federal policies than they did. And as for knowledge of world history, and the lessons to be learnt from it - with some honourable exceptions, almost nil.

I really do not wish to offend here. Posters on FJ are on the whole knowledgeable and informed - but are you a minority? Is there a chance that this shambles we are living through will break Americans out of this insularity? If so, tRump may have inadvertently done the US - and the world - a favour.

Sadly, it seems that both knowledge of both US and world history and current events are not treasured by many in the US anymore. I talk with many people who have no desire to learn anything. Often I'm told, "it's too depressing." That makes me want to scream. I would be depressed if all I did was sit around watching TV and reading magazines.

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I hate to say it, but as @sawasdee said, Americans do not have a particularly favorable image in the rest of the world. Her thoughtful post put me in mind of a commercial we had here a couple of years ago, for pizza's if I remember correctly. In it, a Dutch family is showing a visiting American family around. At everything the Americans see, they say: but ours are bigger, or ours are better, or larger or nicer. Then the pizza's come out and the American dad looks at them, hesitates for a moment and says: but our plates are bigger.

We all thought it was pretty funny. But actually it's pretty sad, when you think about it. 

When I was a child, my mother and I moved to Germany (mom was in the army). Because, at the time, single mothers were persona non grata in the military, the army would not let their children change stations with them, so I was not in Germany "officially". That meant I could not live on base, we had to live out on the German economy. Most of my friends were German. Even in fourth grade, there was a distinct difference in their knowledge of the world and mine. They often told me how poorly Americans were regarded. I worked hard to understand and appreciate the situation and feel like I did a good job. I became fluent in German (at an elementary school level). I didn't do the "it's better in the US" crap, because mom taught me that was rude and how could I assume that one place is better than another. I will say that I did enjoy our trip to London, where there was a restaurant called The Great American Disaster, where we were able to get authentic US burgers and fries -- this was the mid-70s before American fast food took over the world. Anywho, the whole American thing about "bigger is better" drives me crazy.

7 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sorry, I'm talking about food again. I seem to spend the majority of my time either talking about food or politics. :pb_smile:

Food and Politics: I knew there was a reason I liked you!!

@onekidanddone: sorry to read about your daughter's medical crisis. It is sobering how expensive life-saving medications can be. My county, one of the wealthiest in the country, has stopped stocking EPI-pens in ambulances and fire trucks, instead having EMTs do regular epinephrine injections, just because of the cost.

We've talked about some of the delusional Branch Trumpvidians. Well, my mom forwarded this to me. She was sent it by an acquaintance, who she had suspected of being a BT. Well, this made it quite obvious. I'm going to put it under a spoiler tag because it might be a trigger for some. I know I was ill after reading it.  BTW, you'll note that the dates have passed, my mom doesn't check email frequently.

Spoiler

Urgent Call For a Three-Day Fast For the USA March 8-11 – For Such a Time As This"

Lou Engle

"Please Read! Urgent Call For a Three-Day Fast For the USA March 8-11 – For Such a Time As This" Lou Engle, Pasadena, CA
Esther said, "I and my young women will also fast as you do. Afterward, though it is against the law, I will go to the king…and if I perish, I perish" (Esther 4:16)
There are moments in history when a door for massive change opens. Great revolutions, either good or evil, spring up in the vacuum created by these openings. In such divine moments, key men, women and entire generations risk everything to become the hinge of history—the "pivot point" that determines which way the door will swing.

The Esther Hour

Esther is a prototype of history's hinge—a courageous woman who humbly and artfully spoke truth to power. Facing witchcraft and dark conspiracies in Persia's power base, Queen Esther risked her life, armed with nothing but a dying love for her people, a providential position of authority, her own dignity, and the secret arsenal of corporate prayer and fasting. Through her a nation was spared annihilation. (Photo by Donna Smallenberg "For Such a Time as This" via Elijah List Shopper)

Three years ago in a leaders summit in Fredericksburg Virginia, our meeting was sovereignly hijacked as the Lord shifted our focus toward the hidden taproot of strength in the godly women of America. We began to envision something of a million women gathering on the mall in Washington DC, similar to the Promise Keepers gathering, that would be a last-stand breakthrough to hold back darkness in America. Those hours of corporate intercession were as strong and clear as any prophetic moment I have ever encountered in thirty plus years of prayer, but at the time we could not see how it could be brought to pass. Habakkuk's statement seemed to be the counsel of the Lord to us, "Though the vision tarry, wait for it, it will surely come" (Habakkuk 2:3).

The Truly Empowered Woman

That moment arrived January 21, 2017, the day after the inauguration of President Donald J. Trump, as we watched hundreds of thousands of women take to the streets with the purported aim of "empowering women." A vacuum had been created by this election, by historic women's injustices, and it seemed that a false heiress rushed in and was seeking now to become the hinge of history by framing the narrative of a future America that does not acknowledge God's exalted view of women and His Biblical design for her glorious purpose in the earth. Instinctively we had a corporate knowing: it was the time for the true empowered woman to stand up, for the meek (strength-filled humility) shall inherit the earth.

Hundreds of thousands of women watched the March, heard the vitriol, and could not identify with the radical ideologies being expressed that would not acknowledge God's Word and ways in the public controversy. This new woman declared deep inside her heart this is not my revolution" Now, like Esther, she is arising for such a time as this. It's time for this corporate Esther to frame the future by recognizing and taking up her God-given role of persistent public persuasion in the open square as well as that of her humble appeal to God in prayer.

Fasting Through Purim

The Women's March was the first shot across the bow, heralding a revolutionary rise against the President of the United States, "We the People", and in reality, the foundational Biblical truths upon which our nation was founded. Soon after, the second shot was manifested publicly: an unprecedented global summons of witchcraft to curse President Trump, his cabinet and all of those aligned with a Biblical worldview. Suddenly, the whole controversy was elevated to a global spiritual dimension, inaugurating a spiritual battle that cannot be won on the playing field of protests and political arguments.

Only the Church has the answer to this unprecedented manifestation of witchcraft. Spiritual strategy must be used to overcome this open-faced, brazen challenge of the powers.

According to Derek Prince, Haman (the adversary in the Book of Esther), was practicing divination through the casting of lots, and was clearly aligning himself with demonic spiritual powers to destroy the whole Jewish population in the earth. Esther's three-day fast broke the spiritual power channeled by Haman's witchcraft. It effectively reversed the curse and shifted the whole public policy of the Persian Empire towards the Jewish people. I cannot stress this enough: we are in a similar day and a cataclysmic battle for the soul of our nation. We cannot live the same way we lived yesterday.

Recently, two women contacted me and asked me to use my influence to call for a three-day Esther Fast to answer this challenge. Immediately after, I experienced a life-changing dream where I saw a nation-wide Esther movement arising that alone could break a major spiritual power of death.

I knew then that I was to take my place as a Mordecai and call not only "Esther and her handmaidens" but the whole nation, to fast and pray for three days leading up to Purim. The Jewish holiday Purim celebrates God's deliverance of the Jews through Esther's fasting, sacrifice and courage. This year, Purim begins on Saturday evening, March 11th.

Therefore, we are seizing this sudden moment for a three-day Esther Fast from sundown on Wednesday, March 8th through the evening of Saturday, March 11th to counter this witchcraft, to stand against the rising anti-Semitism, pray for the President, and contend for the uprising of an Esther movement in America that will, among many things, reverse the decree of '73, Roe V. Wade, just as Haman's decree was reversed.

Let the women (and the nation) arise as Esther's for such a time as this and take their place in the courts of Heaven and in the public courts of man to shape history in this hour. If your heart burns, mobilize this fast to all your connections. Blow the trumpet in Zion! Call a fast!

Consumed by the call,

The same woman sent this one, which isn't triggering, but is just annoying:

Spoiler

On March 13th, each of us will mail President Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our approval to him. And we, in vast numbers, from all corners of the world, will overwhelm the man with his popularity.
We will show the media and the politicians what standing against him — and against us — means. And most importantly, we will bury the White House post office in Performance Reviews, informing our President that he’s on fire.
If each of us — every supporter from every march, each congress- calling citizen, every volunteer, donor, and petition signer — writes even a single postcard and we put them all in the mail on the same day, March 13th, well: you do the math.
No fake news or bleach bit will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of support. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day, with not a single negative word said!
So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest wishes can pierce President Trump's heart.
Prepare for March 13th, 2017. Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Take a picture and post it on social media tagged with #StalwartsofTrump!
Spread the word! They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.

Then, on March 13th, mail your messages to:

President Donald J. Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

It might just be enough to let him know he is on the right path. If you think this is a worthy idea, copy and re-post to all your friends!!

This woman wants to "overwhelm the man (Agent Orange) with his popularity. I hate to tell her that nobody thinks he's more popular than he does. He's a legend in his own mind. Good grief.

@GreyhoundFan Regarding your first spoiler, the one about the three day Esther fast, what did I read? What a poorly written piece. Who is this Lou Engle? Did the author's microwave tell him to write that? Or was it his coffeepot?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/palm-beach-sick-paying-donald-205115865.html

The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office says that the county has spent $570,000 to help security and other measures to protect Trump during his presidency, and that doesn’t include overtime pay. Law enforcement officials assigned to aiding the president’s visits are paid overtime, totaling another $60,000 or so per day. Trump also visited Palm Beach during the winter holidays after he was elected but before he became president, costing the county around $548,000. Altogether, the bill comes to well over $1 million in Trump-related costs incurred by the county over the past few months.

Kerner says the federal government has refused to reimburse the county. As a result, Kerner says he has no choice but to find another avenue to seek reimbursement, and charging Mar-a-Lago looks like the best option.

“Whatever our priorities are, the taxpayers didn’t pay this money to us to protect the president,” Kerner said.

The county is currently facing a $40 million deficit and a devastating heroin epidemic, Kerner said. He thinks local taxpayer dollars should be used on these pressing county issues, not on special accommodations for the president.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

@GreyhoundFan Regarding your first spoiler, the one about the three day Esther fast, what did I read? What a poorly written piece. Who is this Lou Engle? Did the author's microwave tell him to write that? Or was it his coffeepot?

Lou Engle is one of those people who wants to turn the United States into the Conservative Christian equivalent of Saudi Arabia. 

Here's some articles about him from Right Wing Watch:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/people/lou-engle/

4 hours ago, JMarie said:

There's a really simple solution to this problem that nobody is thinking of apparently. Don't help with his security. Don't take any extra measures to protect him. Stop working. No pay, no play. Simple as that.

Yesterday, I pondered how the conservative pro-life Christians are going to defend Trump's budget. Well, here comes Erick Erickson with the answer:

:angry-cussingblack:

Erick, honey, you are such a shitweasel.

For those that need a refresher, Erick is referring to Matthew 25:31-46. The quick and dirty, is that Jesus comes back and divides everybody up into sheep and goats. Sheep are good folks who spent their lives being awesome by feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, nursing the sick, etc... while the goats said "Bootstraps!" and "Sucks to be you!" to the folks the sheep were helping.

Jesus turns to the sheep and says "You guys totally rock, wanna come hang out with me for eternity?" and then turns to the goats and says "You were flaming jackasses during your time on earth, so you will get punished for eternity". Jesus then waves goodbye as the goats slowly sink into a forbidding hole in the ground, while a recording of Sarah Palin screeching at an earsplitting volume blares from the hole.

Erick is betting that Jesus didn't mean for "the least of these" to mean everybody, and if you believe in the whole Judgement Day scene, that's a risky position to take. It's especially risky, if you combine it with Luke 10:25-37.

The refresher for that is, this man is asking Jesus what he has to do to gain eternal life. Jesus tells him he has to love God with all of his heart and don't be a dick to your neighbor. The man then asks Jesus, how do I tell who is my neighbor?

Jesus says, it's story time:

This dude was travelling and some robbers attacked him, stole his clothes, beat the crap out of him and left him on the side of the road. Not cool. Two other men came by and ignored him, but this guy from Samaria saw him, put him in his car, and took him to the Holiday Inn where he cleaned his wounds, ordered him a pizza, and then they watched PBS all evening because they were scary liberals.:kitty-wink:

Anyhoo, the Samaritan had to go sell some restaurant supplies or something the next day, so he offered the hotel manager some money to look after the injured guy until he could get back and settle up with the hotel manager.

Jesus then asked, who was a true neighbor to the injured man? The man answers: "Duh, obviously the Samaritan who went out of his way to help the hurt man is the hero, and not those two jackasses who looked the other way."

Jesus then nodded and asked the guy if he wanted to be Facebook friends.

Yes, I took a little artistic license there with the parables, but you get the gist. 

@Cartmann99 If anybody had told me bible stories like you just did, I might not have slept through so many lessons of religious education in secondary school. In elementary it was still fun, lots of colouring pictures of noah's arc and stuff. :kitty-wink:

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, it seems that both knowledge of both US and world history and current events are not treasured by many in the US anymore. I talk with many people who have no desire to learn anything. Often I'm told, "it's too depressing." That makes me want to scream. I would be depressed if all I did was sit around watching TV and reading magazines.

When I was a child, my mother and I moved to Germany (mom was in the army). Because, at the time, single mothers were persona non grata in the military, the army would not let their children change stations with them, so I was not in Germany "officially". That meant I could not live on base, we had to live out on the German economy. Most of my friends were German. Even in fourth grade, there was a distinct difference in their knowledge of the world and mine. They often told me how poorly Americans were regarded. I worked hard to understand and appreciate the situation and feel like I did a good job. I became fluent in German (at an elementary school level). I didn't do the "it's better in the US" crap, because mom taught me that was rude and how could I assume that one place is better than another. I will say that I did enjoy our trip to London, where there was a restaurant called The Great American Disaster, where we were able to get authentic US burgers and fries -- this was the mid-70s before American fast food took over the world. Anywho, the whole American thing about "bigger is better" drives me crazy.

Food and Politics: I knew there was a reason I liked you!!

@onekidanddone: sorry to read about your daughter's medical crisis. It is sobering how expensive life-saving medications can be. My county, one of the wealthiest in the country, has stopped stocking EPI-pens in ambulances and fire trucks, instead having EMTs do regular epinephrine injections, just because of the cost.

Thanks.

My own county, has fantastic schools and top notch fire/rescue services. As a whole we are extremely blue and  have some of he most diverse towns. All that aside, I think we are the same when it comes to EPI pens.  I arrived at the school just in time to see the nurse giving kid her second hypo of epi.  The fact that they even had epi and a full time nurse is wonderful, but that hey did  not have the pens because that scum, non-human oil slick with legs raised the price so much. I'm surprised orange sick didn't put him in charge of the FDA.

12 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

One of Trump's appointees is publicly disagreeing with him. I'm sure the giant toddler is throwing a temper tantrum about this as we speak (or else his staff is outside his door playing rock-paper-scissors over who has to go in and tell him): 

How long before she is asked to step down?

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived