IGNORED

Donald Trump and the Fellowship of the Alternative Facts (Part 14)

Destiny

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JMarie said:

You mean "Women Who Work and Have Round the Clock Live in Childcare"

8 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yesterday, I pondered how the conservative pro-life Christians are going to defend Trump's budget. Well, here comes Erick Erickson with the answer:

:angry-cussingblack:

Erick, honey, you are such a shitweasel.

For those that need a refresher, Erick is referring to Matthew 25:31-46. The quick and dirty, is that Jesus comes back and divides everybody up into sheep and goats. Sheep are good folks who spent their lives being awesome by feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, nursing the sick, etc... while the goats said "Bootstraps!" and "Sucks to be you!" to the folks the sheep were helping.

Jesus turns to the sheep and says "You guys totally rock, wanna come hang out with me for eternity?" and then turns to the goats and says "You were flaming jackasses during your time on earth, so you will get punished for eternity". Jesus then waves goodbye as the goats slowly sink into a forbidding hole in the ground, while a recording of Sarah Palin screeching at an earsplitting volume blares from the hole.

Erick is betting that Jesus didn't mean for "the least of these" to mean everybody, and if you believe in the whole Judgement Day scene, that's a risky position to take. It's especially risky, if you combine it with Luke 10:25-37.

The refresher for that is, this man is asking Jesus what he has to do to gain eternal life. Jesus tells him he has to love God with all of his heart and don't be a dick to your neighbor. The man then asks Jesus, how do I tell who is my neighbor?

Jesus says, it's story time:

This dude was travelling and some robbers attacked him, stole his clothes, beat the crap out of him and left him on the side of the road. Not cool. Two other men came by and ignored him, but this guy from Samaria saw him, put him in his car, and took him to the Holiday Inn where he cleaned his wounds, ordered him a pizza, and then they watched PBS all evening because they were scary liberals.:kitty-wink:

Anyhoo, the Samaritan had to go sell some restaurant supplies or something the next day, so he offered the hotel manager some money to look after the injured guy until he could get back and settle up with the hotel manager.

Jesus then asked, who was a true neighbor to the injured man? The man answers: "Duh, obviously the Samaritan who went out of his way to help the hurt man is the hero, and not those two jackasses who looked the other way."

Jesus then nodded and asked the guy if he wanted to be Facebook friends.

Yes, I took a little artistic license there with the parables, but you get the gist. 

Does this fuck stick know that Christians are losing their health care and meals-on-wheels? I almost don't want to look at the responses. I fear they will be a cheering section.

29 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I never cease to be amazed by how stupid Trump voters are: 

So, if she could say anything to the tangerine toddler, it would be 'what if it were your momma?' 

As if that would make a lick of difference! He's already sold his soul to the devil, so throwing his own mom under the bus would mean nothing to him.

I'm not sure if we can trust this investigation or not since one of the people on the committee was a part of Trump's campaign, but I'm glad the Russia stuff will be in the news again. Every time the Russia stuff is featured heavily in the news, Trump and his ilk end up panicking and confessing to parts of the Russia scandal: 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/18/politics/trump-border-wall-specifications/index.html

"The wall design shall be physically imposing in height," Customs and Border Protection outlined in the notice for contractors. That means 30 feet tall, although the officials wrote that "designs with heights of at least 18 feet may be acceptable."

The wall must also be impossible to climb without a ladder, and should make it difficult to use "common and more sophisticated climbing aids," like grappling hooks.

Remember when MacGyver made a grappling hook from an umbrella and scaled a wall?

14 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

@GreyhoundFan Regarding your first spoiler, the one about the three day Esther fast, what did I read? What a poorly written piece. Who is this Lou Engle? Did the author's microwave tell him to write that? Or was it his coffeepot?

He's a piece of scum.

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

The WaPo published an analysis of how much his travel and protection are costing. It's mind-numbing.

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

There's a really simple solution to this problem that nobody is thinking of apparently. Don't help with his security. Don't take any extra measures to protect him. Stop working. No pay, no play. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. Presidents are entitled to protection.

Here's a good article in the WaPo: "Dear Fox News et al.: How does it feel to be taken very, very seriously?"

There was a time when a guy like Judge Andrew Napolitano could make some marginal remarks on Fox News, and only a large plume of non-White House officials would take him seriously. Perhaps a website or two would pick up on them. Then everyone would move on to other matters.

Then came yesterday. White House press secretary Sean Spicer launched an extended rant about how many news stories had nibbled around the marbled edges of President Trump’s flabby and baseless assertion that former President Barack Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower. “On Fox News on March 14th,” said Spicer, “Judge Andrew Napolitano made the following statement: ‘Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command. He didn’t use the NSA, he didn’t use the CIA, he didn’t use the FBI, and he didn’t use the Department of Justice. He used GCHQ. What is that? It’s the initials for the British Intelligence Spying Agency. So simply, by having two people saying to them, ‘the President needs transcripts of conversations involved in candidate Trump’s conversations involving President-elect Trump,’ he was able to get it and there’s no American fingerprints on this.”

Judge Napolitano was bundled together with the New York Times, Circa, the National Review and other sources to somehow justify Trump’s tweeted allegations of March 4. In all, the riff totaled about 1,500 words and ended with this bit of Spicerian triumphalism: “Putting the published accounts and common sense together, this leads to a lot,” he said.

8 minutes ago, JMarie said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/18/politics/trump-border-wall-specifications/index.html

Remember when MacGyver made a grappling hook from an umbrella and scaled a wall?

NPR had an article about the wall as well. My favorite quote:

It has to look good, too. "The north side of wall (i.e. U.S. facing side) shall be aesthetically pleasing in color, anti-climb texture, etc., to be consistent with general surrounding environment," the CBP says. There's no mention of the aesthetics on the Mexican side.

Oh, so it will be okay if there's a wall if it's pretty. Good grief.

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He's a piece of scum.

The WaPo published an analysis of how much his travel and protection are costing. It's mind-numbing.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. Presidents are entitled to protection.

Here's a good article in the WaPo: "Dear Fox News et al.: How does it feel to be taken very, very seriously?"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/trump-border-wall/index.html

One senior U.S. Border Patrol official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told CNN that it's crucial to be able to see through a border barrier. "I'm not calling it a wall because we are talking about a fence that we can look through. That's what we need."

Another senior U.S. Border Patrol official told CNN, "I think fencing has worked for us in the past, but you never want to have a barrier in place that will obstruct your vision, that prevents you from seeing the other side of the border."

A concrete wall also poses environmental problems, such as flood risks and hazards for endangered species.

I don't know if anyone read this satirical piece: "Trump’s budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why". Here's a sample:

Environmental Protection Agency: We absolutely do not need this. Clean rivers and breathable air are making us SOFT and letting the Chinese and the Russians get the jump on us. We must go back to the America that was great, when the air was full of coal and danger and the way you could tell if the air was breathable was by carrying a canary around with you at all times, perched on your leathery, coal-dust-covered finger. Furthermore, we will cut funding to Superfund cleanup in the EPA because the only thing manlier than clean water is DIRTY water.

Agriculture Department: NO MORE OF THIS NAMBY-PAMBY “GATHERING” NONSENSE. We will be HUNTERS again. This is also why we are cutting the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children: Let them FIGHT for their meat or have NONE.

Well, obviously Agent Orange and/or his cronies are only in the business of reading the titles, not the actual articles, because they included the article in their daily newsletter of important articles. The author was quite surprised. There's a screenshot of the White House daily newsletter in the article.

I was as surprised as anyone to discover that I was Real News. Here I thought that I was toiling away in the Dank Cesspool of the Mainstream Media, but all along I was a Trusted News Source, just like Breitbart.com! I just needed to BELIEVE in myself more.

The White House believes in me, and the White House is not full of careless people who skim headlines looking for the ones that sound sort of positive and then send them out in their daily briefing newsletter hoping for the best haaa ha ha nope ha ha these are the minds who control war and peace and the budget and things ha ha ha it’s fine ha ha oh god help.

Okay, FJers, does anyone really believe that Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber don't ever discuss business or government with daddy? Yeah, I didn't think so. "Trump's sons run the business — and keep tweeting about their dad"

In recent weeks, Donald Jr. and Eric Trump have re-emerged as their father’s most ardent cheerleaders, defending the president against perceived slights, helping raise money for Republicans and rallying supporters for the nascent 2020 re-election campaign – all while prominently serving as the faces and behind-the-scenes managers of the family’s valuable brand.

They say they’re following the letter of an ethics arrangement that states they’re not to talk about the family business with their dad, and in turn that the president shouldn’t discuss government business with his sons or the company’s executives.

Last Saturday, during a GOP fundraising dinner in Dallas, Donald Trump Jr. insisted that his interactions with his father have been minimal since the inauguration. “I basically have zero contact with him at this point,” he said, according to NBC News.

Yeah, right.

Guys, remember that pic I posted yesterday? Somebody memed it!

toddler and mama.jpg

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I never cease to be amazed by how stupid Trump voters are: 

What!?! You mean this overpriced MAGA hat is not a talisman that will protect me from Trump's decisions?!? 

I'm white, dammit! I deserve everything I get from the government!! He's only supposed to hurt "those people"! 

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yesterday, I pondered how the conservative pro-life Christians are going to defend Trump's budget. Well, here comes Erick Erickson with the answer:

:angry-cussingblack:

Erick, honey, you are such a shitweasel.

For those that need a refresher, Erick is referring to Matthew 25:31-46. The quick and dirty, is that Jesus comes back and divides everybody up into sheep and goats. Sheep are good folks who spent their lives being awesome by feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, nursing the sick, etc... while the goats said "Bootstraps!" and "Sucks to be you!" to the folks the sheep were helping.

Jesus turns to the sheep and says "You guys totally rock, wanna come hang out with me for eternity?" and then turns to the goats and says "You were flaming jackasses during your time on earth, so you will get punished for eternity". Jesus then waves goodbye as the goats slowly sink into a forbidding hole in the ground, while a recording of Sarah Palin screeching at an earsplitting volume blares from the hole.

Erick is betting that Jesus didn't mean for "the least of these" to mean everybody, and if you believe in the whole Judgement Day scene, that's a risky position to take. It's especially risky, if you combine it with Luke 10:25-37.

The refresher for that is, this man is asking Jesus what he has to do to gain eternal life. Jesus tells him he has to love God with all of his heart and don't be a dick to your neighbor. The man then asks Jesus, how do I tell who is my neighbor?

Jesus says, it's story time:

This dude was travelling and some robbers attacked him, stole his clothes, beat the crap out of him and left him on the side of the road. Not cool. Two other men came by and ignored him, but this guy from Samaria saw him, put him in his car, and took him to the Holiday Inn where he cleaned his wounds, ordered him a pizza, and then they watched PBS all evening because they were scary liberals.:kitty-wink:

Anyhoo, the Samaritan had to go sell some restaurant supplies or something the next day, so he offered the hotel manager some money to look after the injured guy until he could get back and settle up with the hotel manager.

Jesus then asked, who was a true neighbor to the injured man? The man answers: "Duh, obviously the Samaritan who went out of his way to help the hurt man is the hero, and not those two jackasses who looked the other way."

Jesus then nodded and asked the guy if he wanted to be Facebook friends.

Yes, I took a little artistic license there with the parables, but you get the gist. 

You ought to write the Official Free Jinger version of the New Testament. 

With Erick, I didn't realize they stacked  Shitgibbion Dick Wad Weasel Horse and Ass Faced Sacks of Used Toilet Paper that high.

Did you all see there's a new billboard in Phoenix that Conservative Snowflakes™ don't like?

12news.com/news/politics/trump-flanked-by-mushroom-clouds-swastikas-on-phoenix-billboard/423507653

The president is flanked by mushroom clouds and swastikas configured like dollar signs.

"I think a lot of people are feeling this way and I'm just trying to express what I think is on a lot of people's minds these days," the billboard's artist, Karen Fiorito, said Friday in an interview from her California home.

But look closely at the mushroom clouds and you'll see clown faces. There's a Russian flag on Trump's lapel.

The billboard art was commissioned by the billboard owner, Beatrice Moore, a longtime patron of the arts on Grand Avenue.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is a long, but interesting read about the Mercer family, buddies of Bannon, and a major funding source for alt-news: "The Mercers and Stephen Bannon: How a populist power base was funded and built"

First, I want to thank you and @RoseWilder for continuing to draw our attention to the Mercer family and all of the other crap going on in the Trump universe. I would miss a lot of good articles, if you two didn't make comments about them. The efforts you two make are very much appreciated. :pb_smile:

That said, the Mercer family scares the hell out of me. They really do want to turn the United States into some Ayn Rand hellhole, where the superbly rich live inside heavily guarded compounds, while the rest of us are scrambling just to survive. 

It saddens me greatly, that having more money than they can spend in a lifetime, and the freedom that such immense wealth brings, is not enough for them. They feel the need to grind the non-wealthy into the dust, by going after any kind of government program that improves their lives.

What in the hell is wrong with your soul that the thought of taking food away from poor kids, needy seniors, and struggling veterans makes you happy?!? What disease makes you chuckle at the thought of making the lives of special needs individuals and their families more difficult? Explain to me how the thought of a low income senior shivering in a cold apartment during a Wisconsin winter, or a disabled veteran sweltering in their home during a Texas summer makes you smile?

Thankfully, there are wealthy folks who are doing amazing things with their money to make the world a better place, but I'm scared that the Mercer family and their ilk are going to win this war in spite of the efforts of the good guys and gals at every income level.

Sorry to be a downer tonight, but that's where I am. :pb_sad:

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It has to look good, too. "The north side of wall (i.e. U.S. facing side) shall be aesthetically pleasing in color, anti-climb texture, etc., to be consistent with general surrounding environment," the CBP says. There's no mention of the aesthetics on the Mexican side.

As to the bolded part, what the fuck?! Not that we need this at all, but why the hell do we need an anti-climb texture on the U.S. facing side of this useless wall? It makes no sense.

Another example of Orange Shit Gibbon surrounding himself with the finest people;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/sebastian-gorka-vitezi-rend-david-irving_us_58cc5d3ee4b00705db4faa3e?

A top counterterrorism adviser to President Donald Trump faces growing calls to resign after a series of news reports alleging he has ties to a far-right Hungarian group with historical links to the Nazi party.

Sebastian Gorka was photographed during the January inaugural ball wearing a medal that foreign policy news site LobeLog later identified as a symbol of membership in the Hungarian Order of Heroes. The group, known as Vitézi Rend in Hungarian, collaborated with the Nazi government during World War II, according to the State Department. Members of the group are ineligible for American visas.

Gorka did not respond to LobeLog’s request for comment. He later told Breitbart that the medal belonged to his late father, Paul Gorka, who “was awarded a declaration for his resistance to a dictatorship.” The Forward followed up with a series of reports alleging that Sebastian Gorka spent years immersing himself in far-right, anti-Semitic political organizations in Hungary, and is a sworn member of the Vitézi Rend. Gorka ignored requests for comment on the article and instead issued a denial to a friendly reporter at Tablet after The Forward published the allegations.

Three Democratic senators on Friday called on the acting deputy attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to investigate whether Gorka, who was born in the United Kingdom, “falsified his naturalization application or otherwise illegally procured his citizenship” by failing to disclose his membership in the banned Hungarian group. The senators cited The Forward’s reporting.

6 hours ago, JMarie said:

Climb without a ladder?  Well gee wiz lets just bring a big ole ladder with us!  If they are stacked up on the Mexican side what can orange boy do? Climb the ladder on one side and use repelling equipment on the other.

Can you believe he is going to cut funding to the Coast Guard to build this fucking wall?  Yea because nobody ever came to this country on boats.  What a fucking shit wad.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived