IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I still think Carlin has a good shot at MOH (unless Jill whines about it)

I was thinking the opposite, that Jill would be the first choice MOH. But Joy could do a Maid for Honor ne a Matron of Honor ne allow them both to have a spot.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2017 at 11:02 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So far all the marrieds have had Anna as a bridesmaid, I think if they could trade Anna for Josh as a sibling they would. 

Jill and Jinger had Anna as bridesmaids, but Jessa didn't. There's such a big age difference between Anna and Joy, but they also seem close, so it could go either way. I think Jill as Matron of Honor and Carlin as Maid of Honor is a strong possibility.

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinger's bridal party made no sense to me. Like she just picked a bunch of random girls so everyone could wear a certain color dress.

It might have made no sense to you, but we have no way of telling how close Jinger actually was to them. They do have some friends who aren't featured in pictures or the show, especally Jinger who has no social media. 

16 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jinger's bridal party made no sense to me. Like she just picked a bunch of random girls so everyone could wear a certain color dress.

It would be different if Joy had a smallet party. I still think Carlin has a good shot at MOH (unless Jill whines about it)

I am in the camp this really happened like that.  Apart from jessa I think Jinger didn't care.  She kept stating it. 

This wedding was about the dress and the colors and the shoes and that ugly  cake. And what Jeremy wanted to see Jinger in 

The colors were more important than anything else... 

I found a story on Facebook. It looks like someone may have picked up another story from FJ speculation. I don't even know what to say about this one. 

"However, fans are speculating on Joy-Anna's wedding date, and it's much further off than we would've expected."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/203649/joy_anna_duggar_may_be?utm_content=duggars_fanpage&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=fbpaid&Dmpg2=f_1899&goal=uv

On 4/5/2017 at 2:48 PM, PVMom said:

You couldn't proceed with creating your registry without a wedding date in their system.   So now here's Joy who's not about to divulge that info.   She's like...."aww hell, my birthday - whatever!"   

The date is probably set for before or a few months after Jill gives birth since she will be back "stateside." (Makes me gag every time they say that.)

I still think it's going to be late May or early June. Someone in one of the 'Happy Birthday Izzy' videos just said, "See you soon!" So unless they're heading down to Central America, I'm guessing the Dillards are headed back to the States in the next month or two. I just can't see any Duggar having an eight-month engagement.

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I still think it's going to be late May or early June. Someone in one of the 'Happy Birthday Izzy' videos just said, "See you soon!" So unless they're heading down to Central America, I'm guessing the Dillards are headed back to the States in the next month or two. I just can't see any Duggar having an eight-month engagement.

Well, June could be see you soon for Jill coming back at about 35 weeks to be ready for #2's arrival and have nothing to do with the wedding...just throwing that one out there.

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

Well, June could be see you soon for Jill coming back at about 35 weeks to be ready for #2's arrival and have nothing to do with the wedding...just throwing that one out there.

Oh no, I know... just putting it forward as another clue maybe in favour of an earlier wedding, but not necessarily meaningful. Jill's almost certainly going to be coming back in the next couple months whether Joy gets married next week or next year. :) 

I wonder how long they'll wait after the baby's born before they go back to SCA.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wonder how long they'll wait after the baby's born before they go back to SCA.

That depends, how fast Jills breakdown will come.

14 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

It might have made no sense to you, but we have no way of telling how close Jinger actually was to them. They do have some friends who aren't featured in pictures or the show, especally Jinger who has no social media. 

Exactly! I thought her bridesmaids made perfect sense haha. It was clear to me that even though Jinger "didn't care" about smaller details like food and "just wanted to be married" that she had a very clear vision on how she wanted her wedding to appear, and matched things like her bridesmaids dresses to the girls + her "woodland" theme. The bridesmaids made sense - the 4 other older girls, Anna, little buddy Hannie, Jennifer Hartono who is close with both Jinger and Jessa, Jeremy's sister, and only 2 other girls that "outsiders" don't know. Also, it is technically possible that Jeremy had more friends he wanted as groomsmen and Jinger had to match his #....though seems unlikely lol. I still think Joy will have a smaller wedding party though. I'd love to see her have Meredith as a flower-girl, and Anna could walk with Mer and be involved that way haha

I HOPE Carlin will be MOH, but I have a feeling 'family influence' will choose Jill for her. 

And Derrick will be a complete attention-whoring douchebag and tackle and kiss her in the aisle.

On 4/4/2017 at 0:41 PM, lawlifelgbt said:

I don't actually think Joy crying about missing Austin is a huge red flag for immaturity or anything. It's her first relationship- a lot of teenagers are dramatic in their early ones. It's just that hers is when she's older.

Anecdotally, you see similar things with LGBTQ people who have recently come out when they do so at 18 or later. They either didn't date as teenagers, or were trying to fake it, so there was no real love or emotion. The excitement and fear over finally being yourself, plus experiencing all of the happy love hormones for the first time after having waited a long time, can make people act more emotional.

I came out at 20, and was 21 when my now-wife and I admitted we liked each other. I felt like...I was floating. I was always glued to my phone, cared less about other things, and was stupid excited to hear from her each time.

When we started dating at 9 hours' long distance, I literally felt like my heart hurt every time I had to go back home. I took a bus from Minneapolis to Chicago to see her, and basically would cry from Chicago to Madison on the way back. And I was then 22 and pursuing a professional degree. So I think it's just a first relationship thing.

Same. My wife only lived 2 hours away from me and there were times I would drive the two hours after work to see her for dinner just because I missed her so much. I think its new relationship energy and I'm not totally shocked by her being upset about missing him. Hell, I've been with my wife for 8 years and I still miss her when she's gone at work.  

21 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

a month tops 

12 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

Hell, I've been with my wife for 8 years and I still miss her when she's gone at work.  

Mr. Xtian has been working 12 hour shifts all week (yes, 6 12 hour shifts) and I miss him! We've been married over 18 years...and I miss him like crazy...this is the 2nd Saturday in a row that I've been home alone. 

On 4/7/2017 at 11:52 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Given that they referred to their six month visit home as a "short visit" I'm going to guess at least 3-6 months.

Last night I kinda stopped to think about how Joy, who was born in the same year as me, is going to be married and possibly pregnant before age twenty. This is nuts. I cannot picture myself in that situation. What the fuck. 

8 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Last night I kinda stopped to think about how Joy, who was born in the same year as me, is going to be married and possibly pregnant before age twenty. This is nuts. I cannot picture myself in that situation. What the fuck. 

Joy is exactly 1 month older than my son.  I'm not ready for him to be an adult, or get married or for me to be a grandma.  I'm only 46 WAY to young to be a grandma and at only 19 he is WAY TOO YOUNG to be a father. 

18 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Ben Seewald is one year younger than me and has a wife and two kids, and yet no job or education; I'm single, still live at home with my parents, have no driver's license (yet), but I have two college degrees and a job (a shitty job, but it's my own money!). I might gripe about my situation often, but I'd rather than have mine than his.

I was not the same person at nineteen as I am now at twenty-two, so I worry a lot for Joy. Don't get me wrong, I sure hope this works out and that Austin sweeps her off her feet and gives her an awesome life, but I can't say I'm too optimistic.

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Ben Seewald is one year younger than me and has a wife and two kids, and yet no job or education; I'm single, still live at home with my parents, have no driver's license (yet), but I have two college degrees and a job (a shitty job, but it's my own money!). I might gripe about my situation often, but I'd rather than have mine than his.

I was not the same person at nineteen as I am now at twenty-two, so I worry a lot for Joy. Don't get me wrong, I sure hope this works out and that Austin sweeps her off her feet and gives her an awesome life, but I can't say I'm too optimistic.

Ben earned an Associate's degree and, I believe, is still pursuing a degree program through Moody Bible Institute. So he does have an education. And he seems to be doing his best to continue on with his education, which I will give him credit for. 

As for a job, he has the show at the moment. Not something he should rely on long term by any means, but it brings in money while he works on his degree. Hopefully he continues pursuing his education and is eventually able to use that for much more reliable employment.

14 minutes ago, mstee said:

What about Sierra? I could see her being a bridesmaid since her and Joy are supposedly so close. 

Oooh the crazy eyes will be all out for Joy's wedding! :D

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived