IGNORED

Joy and Austin: He's got the Joy Joy in his heart!

Destiny

35 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Anna was a bridesmaid. 

I'm torn if Joy will have Anna or not. There's a big age difference there; Joy would have probably functioned as not much more as a babysitter for Anna. But the Duggars still seem to be circling the wagons around Josh, so there could be a sympathy bridesmaid spot for Anna. 

So far all the marrieds have had Anna as a bridesmaid, I think if they could trade Anna for Josh as a sibling they would. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've never really understood the problem some people seem to have with Josie being a flower girl in her sister's weddings? She doesn't seem to get special treatment to me. Jill's flower girls were Jenni, Jordyn, Josie, and Mackynzie. Jessa's were Jordyn and Ben's little sister Faith, Josie wasn't included at all. Jinger was the only one who only had Josie. Maybe she didn't want multiple flower girls like her sisters, so as the youngest, Josie got the spot. Meredith would have been too little at the time.

I don't think there is much of an issue either?

Jill having just sisters as Bridesmaids made sense since Dewreck has no sisters and I don't think his brother was with his now wife at the time (I saw Jill was a Bridesmaid for Dewreck's Brother's Wife) and I don't think she has a 'best/particularly close' friend outside the family the way Jana had Michael and Joy has Carlin. 

Jinger had SO many bridesmaids and I think by the time her wedding had came around, Jenni was in that awkward age where she was a bit too old to be a flower girl, but a little too young to be a bridesmaid, so they just went with the youngest girl. Hannie was that age when she was in Jill's wedding, but I think since Jill had Jenni, Jodyn, Josie and Kynzie as flowergirls, she kinda had to have Hannie as a bridesmaid or she'd be excluding one sister out of eight from the Bridal party and she couldn't really do that. Jinger didn't have either of Jordyn and or Jenni, which takes away the 'everyone but one was included' element. 

Assuming they get married in the summer, it will probably be Josie again because Meredith is still a little too young. If they decide to bump Jenni up to being a bridesmaid, they'll probably have Jordyn as a flower girl as well just to avoid the 'leaving one girl out' issue. 

We have a Miele vacuum and it must be older than 15 years. It belonged to my MIL and mr. Scrabblemaster got it from her about 15 years ago. It still works very good. We have no pets but it was a challenge  for the machine when we remodeled some rooms and used it to get rid of this stone-dust that was everywhere for weeks and weeks. But I am a hair-dryer killer. They only lasted 2 years maximum. The actual one is a BaByliss and I bought it in a supermarket while I was on holiday in France. This july it will turn 3 years and I cross my fingers that I finally found the ONE. 

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Anna was a bridesmaid. 

I'm torn if Joy will have Anna or not. There's a big age difference there; Joy would have probably functioned as not much more as a babysitter for Anna. But the Duggars still seem to be circling the wagons around Josh, so there could be a sympathy bridesmaid spot for Anna. 

We don't know when Anna's baby is due or when the wedding will be. Anna might not be in the bridal party because she's very pregnant or just gave birth. I think her kids will be included (but probably not Meredith).

I expect Jenni will be included because she and Joy were on the same buddy team. 

How many red wagonloads of littles will be hauled down the aisle?

17 hours ago, catlady said:

you're my hero. :bigheart:

Thanks,catlady.They are all rescues.They have all been spayed or neutered,and they are in-door only.It gets expensive,with their care.One nearly died from anemia(fleas) in September,he had to have a transfusion.Another had to have PU surgery.The Vets in the practice I go to,do not do this...the Veterinary Specialty Care is outrageous...my vet got an older vet,who does this surgery,but they were able  to do it at my vet,for considerably less....I am really not a tightwad,but $1,000 or more less!Shadow hated his collar and would jump on our bed and hit me and Mr Melon in the head  with it.I  could not keep him calm or contained,he had to go back to the vet,for Valium..until his incision  healed.He is doing great,now....still a character

Carry on.Sorry for the highjack.

@Lurker: The X Husband and I had that exact same electrolux, and it worked great! AFAIK, he might still have it!!

My mother had an Electrolux.The only vacuum I remember her having.

My father used to sell vacuum cleaners.He sold one called a Byson.It was about $500,and this was in 1973.It had some strong suction.He would vacuum the mattresses and pull up all kinds of stuff.

Anna's due date may be the reason Joy and Austin's wedding date was listed as October on their registry.

20 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Anna's due date may be the reason Joy and Austin's wedding date was listed as October on their registry.

So is your theory that the wedding is before the next Mkid arrives, or after?

I think Austin and Joy should add this to their registry in honor of JB :lol:

Available at Target!

50026401?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

59 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Available at Target!

Or sadly in light of Joy's new life... "Hay, hay, hay" :annoyed:

My brother sold Electrolux vacuums for a brief period of time when he was in college (late 1990's). He was going through the sales pitch while we were eating Easter lunch at my grandmother's house. As part of the pitch, he was supposed to vacuum up several ball bearings, to demonstrate the suction power. After describing the demo, my mom replied "I love you, but I'm not buying one of your vacuum cleaners, no matter how many steel balls it can suck." My grandmother, without missing a beat, chimed in with "Or any other kind of balls..."

By all accounts, my grandmother was a text book Southern Lady. She was also incredibly smart and had a wicked sense of humor. She loved language, and always got a kick out of double entendres.

I remember creating a wedding registry.  You were forced to put in the wedding date for the store.   You couldn't proceed with creating your registry without a wedding date in their system.   So now here's Joy who's not about to divulge that info.   She's like...."aww hell, my birthday - whatever!"   

As far as bridesmaids, maybe jenni doesn't want to be a bridesmaid.    We assume that every Dugger girl is just dying to be a bridesmaid but maybe not.   Maybe that's why Jenni wasn't a bridesmaid or why they were giving josie ridiculous attention at Jingers wedding trying to hold her together to be a good bridesmaid servant.  

20 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've never really understood the problem some people seem to have with Josie being a flower girl in her sister's weddings? She doesn't seem to get special treatment to me. Jill's flower girls were Jenni, Jordyn, Josie, and Mackynzie. Jessa's were Jordyn and Ben's little sister Faith, Josie wasn't included at all. Jinger was the only one who only had Josie. Maybe she didn't want multiple flower girls like her sisters, so as the youngest, Josie got the spot. Meredith would have been too little at the time.

oh, i felt like the Duggars totally forced Josie in to fame-whoring for Jinger's wedding special, with the nurse that came to put the flower crown on josie's head lol, but that's j'chelle at fault. I was just wondering what people thought about Josie being the forever default-flower girls because she's the baby, there's definitely nothing wrong with her doing the job! 

i think Joy will have her 4 older sisters, Jenni her little buddy, Carlin Bates, and Austin's sister. Maybe another friend or two, depending on how big they want to go with the wedding party. I wonder if we'll learn anything about Austin's groomsmen. 

The Josie as flowergirl for Jingers wedding was creepy in unique to the Duggars way.

Its Jinger's big day....nothing says wedding like having a NICU nurse for your baby sister be a guest and having a segment on your wedding special.   I could understand it if this woman had a relationship in some way with Jinger but there wasnt one.     Michelle once again wins the prize for insensitive fame whore mother and by making her special pet Josie the  center of attention.

But, it also shows how far they have to reach to fill up those huge churches because they don't have any real friends .......just lots of random acquaintences.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But, it also shows how far they have to reach to fill up those huge churches because they don't have any real friends .......just lots of random acquaintances.

I know a woman like this, so many acquaintances but not one single close friend. 

8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Joy claimed that when they set up the registry that they didn't have a date. I am pretty sure that's a lie; they're just trying to keep the paps away. No worries, someone like JRod will spill again. 

And let's not forget, we know that there's a wedding happening at the Family Camp on the 29th of this month. Anna could easily be a bridesmaid then unless she's much farther along than Jill. Jill could fly in for the wedding then fly back to Danger America for a month or so before returning back to NWA to deliver her spawn. Or it's a June wedding, which would accommodate Jill in her last month. It would be awesome if she went into labor during the ceremony. However, two Saturdays in June are already off the calendar due to Seewald speaking engagements (Ben's with Voddie and Scotty, and Jessa's Fashionably Modest garbage). 

I think the April date is a bit too soon, even for Duggar standards of quickie engagements, so my money's on an early June date. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Joy claimed that when they set up the registry that they didn't have a date. I am pretty sure that's a lie; they're just trying to keep the paps away. No worries, someone like JRod will spill again. 

And let's not forget, we know that there's a wedding happening at the Family Camp on the 29th of this month. Anna could easily be a bridesmaid then unless she's much farther along than Jill. Jill could fly in for the wedding then fly back to Danger America for a month or so before returning back to NWA to deliver her spawn. Or it's a June wedding, which would accommodate Jill in her last month. It would be awesome if she went into labor during the ceremony. However, two Saturdays in June are already off the calendar due to Seewald speaking engagements (Ben's with Voddie and Scotty, and Jessa's Fashionably Modest garbage). 

I think the April date is a bit too soon, even for Duggar standards of quickie engagements, so my money's on an early June date. 

Jill would be all over going into labor at Joy's wedding. Her first buddy/sister-daughter gets married, so she gets attention from that, and then EVEN MORE attention.

I really do think that Jill needs therapy for several things in her life, and I can empathize with her anxiety/uncertainty with what she wants in life/awkwardness because I'm totally like that (except I have a Master's degree, no kids, a job, and no desire to harass Latinos about not praying correctly), but holy hell does she crave attention.

So is your theory that the wedding is before the next Mkid arrives, or after?

I think it will be after Jill and Anna give birth.

9 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I think it will be after Jill and Anna give birth.

I do too--September at the very latest.

15 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

oh, i felt like the Duggars totally forced Josie in to fame-whoring for Jinger's wedding special, with the nurse that came to put the flower crown on josie's head lol, but that's j'chelle at fault. I was just wondering what people thought about Josie being the forever default-flower girls because she's the baby, there's definitely nothing wrong with her doing the job! 

i think Joy will have her 4 older sisters, Jenni her little buddy, Carlin Bates, and Austin's sister. Maybe another friend or two, depending on how big they want to go with the wedding party. I wonder if we'll learn anything about Austin's groomsmen. 

I could be totally wrong here but I'm not seeing the HUGE wedding party It would be a nice surprise to just have Carlin and Jenni or Hannie Just a nice small wedding party and a nice small wedding with just her family and close friends his family and close friends that is 100+ people and a small wedding by Duggar standards, but Joy is far to outgoing for that, just something different from this shitshow of a grifting family. 

On 4/5/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mela99 said:

Available at Target!

... I hate you... :pb_lol:

Jinger's bridal party made no sense to me. Like she just picked a bunch of random girls so everyone could wear a certain color dress.

It would be different if Joy had a smallet party. I still think Carlin has a good shot at MOH (unless Jill whines about it)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived