IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy: She's in Shorts?!

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think you really need to calm down too.  Your tone is not getting you anywhere.

I admit my tone is pointed right now too. Bored at home on a sick day and nothing on Netflix sounds entertaining. Anyhow, I'm not going to check out their profile. It just seems creepy.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49 minutes ago, unicorncastle said:

Whoa. Everyone needs to chill. I was asking a simple question... 
It's sad that the pitch forks come out when someone tries to expand the thought bubble because honestly nobody ACTUALLY knows what is happening. We know what some fundamentalists do, we know what some believe, but largely there is a lot of discussion about things we assume about their lives.

You weren't just asking a simple question, and you know that. You also demonstrated that you actually understand very little about Fundamentalism by stating that Jeremy was a non-denominational preacher and therefore couldn't be a Fundamentalist preacher. So maybe try learning a bit yourself before busting in and bitching at all of us?

And no pitchforks came out, unless by pitchforks you mean people asking for evidence to support claims and pointing out false equivalencies. 

And in regards to the Westboro video: I have zero issue with anyone challenging someone who has Fundamentalist beliefs in a polite manner and is certainly how I would go about it. However, that does not mean incorrect or unverifiable information should be spread unchecked. 

Seriously, you're 26 posts in. Do you think maybe you should take responsibility for yourself here? Like, do you really think it's just everybody else? 

@unicorncastle, how is YOUR marriage, whether to a man or a woman, even relevant here?  I do not believe we ever discussed your marriage.  Being married to anyone does not provide you with any special powers, privileges, or validation outside of tax, insurance, and healthcare matters, regardless of your spouse's gender.  

Your position seems to be "My statements should be looked at more favorably because I am gay and married".  Which, were this a discussion about being gay and married might be fine.  But for THIS discussion, this is like me saying that people should listen to me because I have adopted 3 cats, and then offering to DM people their adoption paperwork.  

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

@unicorncastle, how is YOUR marriage, whether to a man or a woman, even relevant here?  I do not believe we ever discussed your marriage.  Being married to anyone does not provide you with any special powers, privileges, or validation outside of tax, insurance, and healthcare matters, regardless of your spouse's gender.  

Your position seems to be "My statements should be looked at more favorably because I am gay and married".  Which, were this a discussion about being gay and married might be fine.  But for THIS discussion, this is like me saying that people should listen to me because I have adopted 3 cats, and then offering to DM people their adoption paperwork.  

I'd actually really like to see that. It would definitly make me listen to you. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Even opinions should be backed up by something that vaguely resembles evidence.  

Opinions need evidence?

Rib eyes are delicious, IMO- because they are juicy, flavorful and succulent....it seems all those things are opinions.

:Shrugs:

I don't think opinions require substantiation or evidential proof.

Damn y'all the "Hot" stamp on this thread made me think JinJer was expecting. Whew!!

4 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Damn y'all the "Hot" stamp on this thread made me think JinJer was expecting. Whew!!

I think if she is pregnant, the crying face icon should be there in stead of hot. Sigh.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Opinions don't require proof. However, opinions are often mistakenly seen as the equivalent of facts. Your opinion might be that ribeyes are the juiciest cut of steak, but if someone could scientifically prove that filet mignon was juicier*, your opinion wouldn't outweigh or even hold the same weight as an actual fact. 

*Of course that's crazy talk, filet is the most over-rated cut of beef.

17 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I'd actually really like to see that. It would definitly make me listen to you. :pb_lol:

Apologies as I am not at home.  Please accept these photos of my cats:  Keeps in a hat, and my dominant headship Pastor Fatterson taking a nap and being unable to even after being presented with the plethora of toys that were formerly lost under the bookshelf.  

Edit:  Not pictured: Garage Cat (real name).  I don't seem to have any photos of her.  Also, she lives in the house now.  

Spoiler

IMG_3005[1].JPGIMG_4361[1].JPGIMG_4696[1].JPG

Edit 2:  Also, to prove I am essentially a degreed expert in everything, please also accept this photo of my chocolate lab being about 80% successful at using her bed.  She's a special pupper.  Please also ignore the status of the rec room carpet.  I do have the original hardwoods underneath so carpet maintenance in that room has been meh.  I trust this is very sufficient to never have my judgement questioned again.

Spoiler

IMG_4993[1].JPG

20 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Apologies as I am not at home.  Please accept these photos of my cats:  Keeps in a hat, and my dominant headship Pastor Fatterson taking a nap and being unable to even after being presented with the plethora of toys that were formerly lost under the bookshelf.  

Hide contents

Thank you! I will now regard everything you say in your posts as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Also, cute cats! And the dog is adorable. :)

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Opinions need evidence?

Rib eyes are delicious, IMO- because they are juicy, flavorful and succulent....it seems all those things are opinions.

:Shrugs:

I don't either. As long as they aren't presented as a fact. Speaking in absolutes is dangerous imo unless you have proof or well rounded reason.

15 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Edit:  Not pictured: Garage Cat (real name).  I don't seem to have any photos of her.  Also, she lives in the house now.  

Hide contents

Edit 2:  Also, to prove I am essentially a degreed expert in everything, please also accept this photo of my chocolate lab being about 80% successful at using her bed.  She's a special pupper.  Please also ignore the status of the rec room carpet.  I do have the original hardwoods underneath so carpet maintenance in that room has been meh.  I trust this is very sufficient to never have my judgement questioned again.

Hide contents

IMG_4993[1].JPG

Oh man, I love it. Why does she have her face hanging off on the ground instead of her backside?! Makes me smile!

19 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

They think gay people/feminism/etc is wrong and we are clearly misguided and living our lives wrong.  We think fundamentalism is wrong and they are not living their lives the right way. Isn't it the same thing?

I'm going to quote the original post by Unicorncastle because according to this, the people who say the KKK are bad are just the same as the KKK. The people who say white supremacists are bad are just the same as white supremacists. It is down right ridiculous to claim that the people who stand up against oppression are no different than the oppressors. THIS is the problem with what you said @unicorncastle and sending people proof of your gay marriage isn't going to make this any better. The answer to the bolded is a clear no. 

The fundamental lifestyle limited Jinger SEVERELY. I hope she ends up happy with this choice, but I also wish she had been given a true choice and hadn't been brainwashed into thinking that marriage was her only way to be an adult. 

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh man, I love it. Why does she have her face hanging off on the ground instead of her backside?! Makes me smile!

She's the Forrest Gump of dogs:  not a smart dog, but knows what love is and is good at running.  

16 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

My ex's parents are what I call fundie Catholic.......<snipped> Don't drink. 

Whoa..... What? Hello, can you be Catholic and not drink? At least a little?

I'm Catholic and rarely ever meet a Catholic who doesn't drink... Hello we serve wine (that becomes the blood of Christ) at every Mass. And alcohol at Fish Frys during Lent. 

Hmmm... My godfather was in the Knights of Colombus. I believe they had an offshoot... because she was a Lady.

Opus Dei is the weirdest sect of Roman catholics that I know of; please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe OD to be pretty fundy.

There are other RC groups that do homeschool, don't vaccinate... I don't know whether they're just following along pop culture, or if they've gone off the rails some other way.

ETA I don't think people who homeschool or don't vaccinate are crazy automatically. Just putting that out there.

2 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Hmmm... My godfather was in the Knights of Colombus. I believe they had an offshoot... because she was a Lady.

Opus Dei is the weirdest sect of Roman catholics that I know of; please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe OD to be pretty fundy.

There are other RC groups that do homeschool, don't vaccinate... I don't know whether they're just following along pop culture, or if they've gone off the rails some other way.

ETA I don't think people who homeschool or don't vaccinate are crazy automatically. Just putting that out there.

Daughters of Isabella are the "official" female auxiliary, I beleive.  But there is also the Columbiettes.  I have no idea what the difference is, my parents' Church just had separate Female groups.  

The beautiful thing about Catholicism is that we don't have an "Official" brand of crazy.  WHATEVER crazy you subscribe to, there's a Catholic for that.  You want to be super conservative Opus Dei Catholic?  Fine.  You want to practice the ancient Inca religion and call it Catholicism?  OK.  You want to devote yourself to a super niche cause?  There's a Madonna for that.  

We are, literally, everywhere.  How VERY insidious of us!!

Disclaimer:  Ancient Inca religion is super rad, and while parading elaborately adorned mummies through the streets is not something I would be comfortable actively participating in, I am very, very happy the tradition survives.  I hope to witness it one day.  It does, however, provide sort of an opposite extreme to Opus Dei and what we generally consider Fundie (obsessive adherence to White Christianity).

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

((snipped))  

Hide contents

Hide contents

IMG_4993[1].JPG

Bless her heart, by virtue of being a chockie, she's special.  And I wouldn't have it any. Other. Way. 

Who knew that shorts could cause such a controversy? Man what will the magic pants do?

19 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Who knew that shorts could cause such a controversy? Man what will the magic pants do?

I swear to god, if we argue for 20 pages about her in pants, I'm gonna.....I don't know what, but it will be drastic. Probably also include a lot of fucks. :-P

Edit: for those of you who don't know me, this is a joke. Argue all you like about the topic. I will DEFINITELY roll my eyes - that's probably going to be my "drastic" action. 

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

..I don't know what, but it will be drastic. Probably also include a lot of fucks. :-P

I totally want to volunteer to be the helpmeet to start/title that thread.

"Destiny runs out of fucking fucks to fucking fuck at fuckers because Jinger and pants. Fuck"
Or would that get caught in people's work firewalls and temporarily make all of FJ NSFW?
Might be worth it :)

I totally want to volunteer to be the helpmeet to start/title that thread.

"Destiny runs out of fucking fucks to fucking fuck at fuckers because Jinger and pants. Fuck"
Or would that get caught in people's work firewalls and temporarily make all of FJ NSFW?
Might be worth it [emoji4]

That doesn't sound like me at ALL!

For the record, I'm completely team pants / shorts mean nothing in the grand scheme. I was raised fundie and wore pants. Doesn't change the fact I was fundie.

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

4. I wonder how Jeremy's flock feels about their pastor being a reality TV personality. I would be really uncomfortable if my pastor was on a reality show. 

Especially on a reality show talking about how he's looking forward to sex and which seafoods are aphrodisiacs! He acts like a horny kid and doesn't need to be pastor of anything. 

Just now, VeganCupcake said:

Especially on a reality show talking about how he's looking forward to sex and which seafoods are aphrodisiacs! He acts like a horny kid and doesn't need to be pastor of anything. 

Yes, exactly. It has to be awkward.

3 hours ago, unicorncastle said:

Whoa. Everyone needs to chill. I was asking a simple question. This fucks with my life too. I'm a woman married to a woman and we have children together. (If you want to Obama me, I can release my marriage license emoji849.png)

It's sad that the pitch forks come out when someone tries to expand the thought bubble because honestly nobody ACTUALLY knows what is happening. We know what some fundamentalists do, we know what some believe, but largely there is a lot of discussion about things we assume about their lives.

I'm gay, but that doesn't mean that all gay people live/believe/act the same way.

The thing is, we do know a lot of what is happening in their lives. Or at least, many of the the posters on here do because they research like mad. Much of what is stated on here is not just assumption. It has basis in fact - their own words and actions and affiliations, etc.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived