IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

I'm dissapointed. Again. But who am I kidding...it was going to happen...

And she's "excited" and "engaged to her best friend" ... puke...

Now I'm so torn: I want Jana to escape and have life for her own but OTOH I'm so sorry for the lost girls. If Jana leaves they will get more chores. No mercy for them. I can't see any Duggar stallion doing bread, etc.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how old is the next daughter in line? Will people care as much to see male Duggar weddings? I hope not. This show needs to end.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm nearly 25 and have been with my boyfriend 3 and a half years and no engagement yet, but I'm actually way more aggravated about this engagement than any of the other siblings. 

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

So how old is the next daughter in line? Will people care as much to see male Duggar weddings? I hope not. This show needs to end.

Johanna is next (besides Jana) and she's 11-12. They need to get those boys married off. 

It's her age that gets me. I can't say I'm shocked because I already guessed that the family won't announce courtships unless there is a good chance of marriage happening, especially after the Josiah incident.

Jana is the only Duggar female who is legally old enough to get married. They still have sons, but I have a feeling a lot more people are interested in the daughters getting married.

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Johanna is next (besides Jana) and she's 11-12. They need to get those boys married off. 

Seriously!  This is the last Duggar girl wedding for a while-what's going to keep the gravy train chugging along?  People will eventually tire of seeing Duggar babies born...I think.

2 minutes ago, CinnaJen said:

Seriously!  This is the last Duggar girl wedding for a while-what's going to keep the gravy train chugging along?  People will eventually tire of seeing Duggar babies born...I think.

Yeah, I think once Jinger and Joy have their 1st kid not much is really going to keep them going unless Jana marries and has a kid in the next 2 years, even that only puts Hannie at 13/14 so at least 5/6 years before she can court.  So maybe once a year specials to "check up on all the new babies" until he lost girls start to marry and then no one will give a shit. 

She's too young. Just seriously too young. I do wish them well, but it's sad. Joy deserves better. 

8 minutes ago, season of life said:

, but I have a feeling a lot more people are interested in the daughters getting married.

Which is why i was surprised boob is using the girls up so quickly.

If i was running the duggar gravy train, I'd have kept joy for a year or two and concocted matches for a few of the older boys. 

Unless jana gets engaged in three months time, theyve run out of content entirely.

I remember thinking at 19 that I was an adult and knew it all. Now almost 20 years later I realize I knew very little about the real world, and I wasn't even as sheltered as Joy. I was in college and was getting ready to start working, and dating the guy I eventually married 3 years later (still way too young). I have done and experienced so much since then and there's still so much more I want to do. I really couldn't imagine giving up my whole life to get married and settle down at 19.

That said, when did the Duggars start approving teen weddings!? I thought they purposely waited til Anna was 20 and no longer a teenager. Just desperate for good ratings?

2 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

Which is why i was surprised boob is using the girls up so quickly.

If i was running the duggar gravy train, I'd have kept joy for a year or two and concocted matches for a few of the older boys. 

Unless jana gets engaged in three months time, theyve run out of content entirely.

Jana would be the ultimate ratings booster at this point. People have been commenting for years, and the older she gets, and more younger sisters leave, the more obviously weird it is that she still lives at home. If Jana ever gets engaged, it's going to be a big deal. More people would watch that than any of the other Duggar weddings. 

In the last thread, people mentioned that his family's business was booked up in April for a wedding. So some had assumed that they were already engaged and thus were going to marry in April. I guess not now. Wondering about the timescale though. Hmm...

Sad too because 19 is just too young to get married, unless perhaps you were childhood sweethearts.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I'm surprised they weren't already engaged before that episode aired. Is it creepy that Austin said he's been watching Joy for years? Maybe since he was 18 and she was 13? Hopefully he meant it in a non-creepy way.

I thought that statement was odd and came across as creepy too, though he probably didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to chime in that their age gap isn't that big. He's 22 and she's 19.

I can't say I'm shocked or even surprised... I believe I predicted a spring wedding when they first announced the courtship, so they're actually a little behind schedule. :pb_lol: I obviously think she's way too young and immature to get married, but it's not like she would be more mature if she waited another couple of years. So the only thing that makes this worse than her sisters' weddings is that she'll have a few more fertile years to fill that quiver.

2 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

That said, when did the Duggars start approving teen weddings!? I thought they purposely waited til Anna was 20 and no longer a teenager. Just desperate for good ratings?

That was Anna's request.

1 minute ago, PumaLover said:

I remember thinking at 19 that I was an adult and knew it all. Now almost 20 years later I realize I knew very little about the real world, and I wasn't even as sheltered as Joy. I was in college and was getting ready to start working, and dating the guy I eventually married 3 years later (still way too young). I have done and experienced so much since then and there's still so much more I want to do. I really couldn't imagine giving up my whole life to get married and settle down at 19.

Jim Bob was 19 and Michelle 17 when they got married, so they really aren't against teen marriages. 

Anna's dad was the one that wanted her to even get engaged until she turned 20. Odd considering that Esther married at 19, but whatever. 

1 minute ago, PumaLover said:

I think that was a Keller rule/Anna's thing rather than a Duggar thing?

Jim Bob was 19 and Michelle 17 when they got married, so they really aren't against teen marriages. 
Anna's dad was the one that wanted her to even get engaged until she turned 20. Odd considering that Esther married at 19, but whatever. 

Oh I didn't realize JB and M got married that young!! So I guess it's just normal.

8 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

They've GOT to have a special when Josie gets married though!  I'd tune in for that.  :pizza:

Special oh so precious Josie will have shedtonnes of JB money thrown at her and have a ridiculously big deal even by Duggar standards I imagine.

After all they'll have the current guestlist plus her million present and future nieces and nephews plus every medical person ever to work on her.

Quite how she's going to select a wedding party from 19 siblings plus let's say 60 nieces and nephews who knows...

This is making me so sad. The only thing I've seen of Austin is the strictest parents show where they were shown to be full fledged gothardites. 

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

Ugh that really makes me sad. She should be in high school looking at colleges, not getting married and turning into a baby factory. I hope she's happy, at least, and doesn't get a rude awakening  like Jilly Muffin. 

I think Jill is at least truly happy with her choice in husband.

The first thing that popped into my head was Freddy Mercury singing "Another one bites the dust."

5 minutes ago, danni9242 said:

Special oh so precious Josie will have shedtonnes of JB money thrown at her and have a ridiculously big deal even by Duggar standards I imagine.

After all they'll have the current guestlist plus her million present and future nieces and nephews plus every medical person ever to work on her.

Quite how she's going to select a wedding party from 19 siblings plus let's say 90 nieces and nephews who knows...

I would imagine she would have Mac before Jessa, Jill, Jinger, or even Joy. Jana will be the "mother of the bride" so not a bridesmaid.  The Lost girls Mac & Meredith and heaven knows who else. 

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would imagine she would have Mac before Jessa, Jill, Jinger, or even Joy. Jana will be the "mother of the bride" so not a bridesmaid.  The Lost girls Mac & Meredith and heaven knows who else. 

Those younger current ones will be the closest to her, then maybe the eldest child of each of her married older siblings?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived