IGNORED

Lori Alexander 16: Protecting Men's Jobs from the Assaults of Women

choralcrusader8613

56 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Lori's probably jealous of Joyce's mansion, plane,  book writing abilities, and let's not rule out the $$$ Joyce brings in.

And her speaking abilities.  Joyce is a much better communicator and can be very entertaining. While she's not afraid of calling a spade a spade, she encourages her listeners and readers, both male and female, unlike Lori.

I think lori should take one huge step back and reconsider what she's doing with her blog. I haven't seen one post lately that could be considered positive.  They are all full of criticism and every single one features the line "that's why older women have to teach younger women".  I think she's trying to convince herself that her blogging still makes sense, despite all evidence of the contrary. Her "Titus 2" ministry died a long time ago. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In her latest notebook writings, she misspelled the word "sole", or maybe misused it? I'm pretty sure the term is "sole breadwinner" as in the only breadwinner, she wrote "soul breadwinner".  I'm right, right?

1 minute ago, jadis87 said:

In her latest notebook writings, she misspelled the word "sole", or maybe misused it? I'm pretty sure the term is "sole breadwinner" as in the only breadwinner, she wrote "soul breadwinner".  I'm right, right?

No, you're right. Looks like the Godly Mentor needs a proofreader. :P

1 hour ago, Koala said:

It seems just like yesterday that Lori was a great supporter of Joyce Meyer.

Lori Alexander (referring to Joyce Meyer):

Lori Alexander (again, referring to Joyce Meyer):

She ends:

My, what a long way she's come.  She did the exact.same.thing. to Beth Moore.  

The above quotes can be found in the comments of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-defining-moment-in-their-marriage.html#idc-container

Heris another post she did about Joyce:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-story-of-redemption.htmle

and another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/04/joyce-meyers-testimony.html#idc-container

and another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-story-of-redemption.html

Lori seemed to be a big fan until unbridled, green eyed envy took over.

Thanks for linking to those old blog posts, Koala. Her blog has gone downhill, hasn't it?  All she talks about now is submission, evil feminism, how deceived women are, how evil women are, how men need sex.... 

17 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

As the saying goes "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." Lori and Ken are definitely in the last category. 

Quoting myself to note that someone could say we do the same here. I am saying this fits Lori because I believe that's all she does all day. Never has Lori discusses situations or events without it being a slam to other people. Everything turns to her gossiping or mocking or putting down someone else. 

13 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Quoting myself to note that someone could say we do the same here. I am saying this fits Lori because I believe that's all she does all day. Never has Lori discusses situations or events without it being a slam to other people. Everything turns to her gossiping or mocking or putting down someone else. 

Plus we never disguise the fact that we talk and snark on people. We're open about what we do here while Lorken shames people who do exactly what she does.

Yes, we don't pretend to be godly perfect people who then have top secret chat rooms. Everything is out in the open here. 

The Costco thing really bothers me because I can't figure out why Ken can't go with her. I know he works (although he seems to be cutting down on his hours) but surely he can give an hour of his week to "lift the heavy things." 

This whole "laying down his life for her" must literally mean that's THE ONLY thing a man has to do to show his love for his wife. I mean, in Ken's case we know it does NOT mean:

giving up basketball

helping with the children until they are "interesting"

preparing food for his wife who was just released from the ICU

fostering a mutually enjoyable sex life

*helping her with bulk shopping that includes "heavy things" 

allowing her to sit in church when standing causes her pain

Judging by Lori's gleeful attention to and from her male readers, perhaps she likes sweet talking random men into helping her. I think feigning helplessness is her way of appearing feminine and (in her mind) being attractive to men. 

There are an awful lot of things in Costco that weigh more than five pounds. Lori must be soliciting (heh) help in every aisle.

Frankly, I like to be independent. I wouldn't go to Costco alone if I didn't think I could handle my purchases. I'd wait till my husband could go with me. How desperately does Lori's two-person household need a giant container of oatmeal, anyway?

23 minutes ago, Hisey said:

There are an awful lot of things in Costco that weigh more than five pounds. Lori must be soliciting (heh) help in every aisle.

Frankly, I like to be independent. I wouldn't go to Costco alone if I didn't think I could handle my purchases. I'd wait till my husband could go with me. How desperately does Lori's two-person household need a giant container of oatmeal, anyway?

Well, to be fair, a barrel of coconut oil probably weighs quite a bit. 

A comment on the Jezebel post:

If I’m telling someone outside my home, who isn’t part of my family, about God, am I preaching? While I understand that I am not to be making a sermon, I’m just a little confused as to where to draw the line. Will I know?… Thanks in advance

Lori's reply:

Preaching is standing up in front of the church and teaching the Word of God to a congregation of believers with the authority given by God. Telling is simply talking to someone and sharing something. They are completely different things.

First, people preach to unbelievers all the time. Street preachers come to mind.  Is Lori saying that the important job of explaining the Gospel to unbelievers is fine for women to do, but they should abstain from preaching to believers? You'd think these deceived creatures shouldn't be trying to lead unbelievers into their -most probably- deceived faith. 

Second, would she be against a woman teaching what the Bible actually says if a male preacher just stood there and taught the whole congregation a load of garbage?  We know she agrees with Dave, but if Dave stood at the front of the Church and preached his notions and nobody else had the guts to go up front and say something, or stand up in their place and say, "objection, preacher", I think I'd stand up and simply start to read Scriptures that overrule his ideas.  That authority she talks about is found in Scripture, not a position. 

I have a huge problem with the belief that a position grants a person greater spiritual authority.  If a preacher, teacher, pastor, elder or deacon are teaching falsehood, someone should have the guts to speak up and say something.  

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

This whole "laying down his life for her" must literally mean that's THE ONLY thing a man has to do to show his love for his wife. I mean, in Ken's case we know it does NOT mean:

A loving husband would sit with his wife because he'd rather be sitting beside her than standing without her, and he would rather feel uncomfortable for the first few Sundays until he got used to sitting during the singing, than to know that his wife is enduring pain to stand beside him. 

1 hour ago, onemama said:

A loving husband would sit with his wife because he'd rather be sitting beside her than standing without her, and he would rather feel uncomfortable for the first few Sundays until he got used to sitting during the singing, than to know that his wife is enduring pain to stand beside him. 

I totally agree with you and I think this is what most husbands would do. I have never seen any instance where Ken was willing to sacrifice or compromise, though. Ken must not have thought this through. If he realized that sitting would bring him some compliments - "Oh what a sacrificial husband he is!" - he'd hold Lori in that pew and not LET her stand. :pb_lol: Then he could say "Oh standing bothers her back so I just remain seated with her so I can worship beside her."  Ken never passes up a chance to lap up some praise for himself. 

5 hours ago, onemama said:

I have a huge problem with the belief that a position grants a person greater spiritual authority.  If a preacher, teacher, pastor, elder or deacon are teaching falsehood, someone should have the guts to speak up and say something.  

This is why so much abuse flourishes in these fundamentalist churches. They teach that the position is never to be questioned or doubted, that God's Man (tm) is the ultimate authority in all situations. But in the end, he IS just a man, and in man cases, he is a flawed, manipulative and abusive man who is taking advantage of the power relinquished to him.

Always question authority. Always push for answers from those in power. Never let them get away with teaching falsehood. Demand accountability.

Lori is so dishonest.  She just posted the Amazon review saying that she never tells readers to be a doormat.  

It would be refreshing if she would simply reply that she does encourage readers to be a doormat, and then quote the NUMEROUS times she's done just that. Hell, she even has a post dedicated to it.

Either:

1) She honestly can't remember what she's written from one moment to the next, and she needs to stop blogging.

2) She is outright misleading her readers.

actually you don't need to rembervwhat you wrote if you truly believe it. worst thing to happen is rpeating yourself.

12 hours ago, usmcmom said:

The Costco thing really bothers me because I can't figure out why Ken can't go with her. I know he works (although he seems to be cutting down on his hours) but surely he can give an hour of his week to "lift the heavy things." 

giving up basketball

helping with the children until they are "interesting"

preparing food for his wife who was just released from the ICU

fostering a mutually enjoyable sex life

*helping her with bulk shopping that includes "heavy things" 

Judging by Lori's gleeful attention to and from her male readers, perhaps she likes sweet talking random men into helping her. I think feigning helplessness is her way of appearing feminine and (in her mind) being attractive to men. 

'lay down my life for her' is such a weak get out clause. I mean seriously, in reality how often is a man going to have to lay down his life in the sense that they mean. The chances are tiny , and they know it. ( And as these men Love themselves above all others, I think they'd be ok sacrificing the woman anyway)

Ken wouldn't lay down the manly man life he thinks he's  entitled to  in order to help his sick wife get better after her hospital release. In fact he probably put her life in danger by not helping. 

If Lori wasn't a grade A nuclear bitch, I'd feel very sorry for her 

'lay down my life for her' is such a weak get out clause. I mean seriously, in reality how often is a man going to have to lay down his life in the sense that they mean. The chances are tiny , and they know it. ( And as these men Love themselves above all others, I think they'd be ok sacrificing the woman anyway)
Ken wouldn't lay down the manly man life he thinks he's  entitled to  in order to help his sick wife get better after her hospital release. In fact he probably put her life in danger by not helping. 
If Lori wasn't a grade A nuclear bitch, I'd feel very sorry for her 

I have to wonder how much of Lori's deeply flawed ideas about marriage are just sad attempts to justify the way Ken has treated her.

I suspect all of it is. What is terrifying is that so many naive women are taking the advice of a completely dysfunctional woman in a completely dysfunctional marriage as truth from the mouth of God.

Reader:

The women's movement allowed women to divorce abusive spouses and avoid feeling pressured to marry abusers in the first place

If you require economic dependence to convince people to marry, they're not marrying for love in the first place

Lori:

Love is a commitment and not a feeling. Men are supposed to be the ones providing for the family so the wives can be home raising their own children. This is God's perfect plan for the health of families, children, and cultures.

Reader:

If you're forced to stay with someone because of economic dependence, it's not commitment.

And that "plan" is not in the Bible.

Lori:

Not sure what Bible you are reading but that plan is clearly spelled out in the Holy Bible

The reader will never get through to Lori because Lori doesn't understand why anyone would marry for Love. To her you aren't committed unless you economically depend on a man. Feminists are awful  because they claim to not need that dependence. 

I've never understood this notion that one can choose to love someone. That it isn't a feeling. I'm afraid I wouldn't wish to tell my husband, 'I choose to love you'. I don't believe he'd want to hear that at all. You can choose to marry your spouse.  You can choose to stay married to your spouse. I don't see how you can choose to love your spouse though.

31 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Reader:

Lori:

Reader:

Lori:

The reader will never get through to Lori because Lori doesn't understand why anyone would marry for Love. To her you aren't committed unless you economically depend on a man. Feminists are awful  because they claim to not need that dependence. 

The reader's next response:

Where? I'd love to see references. I went to a Christian university and have a minor in Biblical studies, I've never seen anywhere in the Bible that states such a plan.

I'm breathlessly awaiting Lori's reply. :pb_lol:  Meantime, a response on the post about reviews of her book:

If she is getting negative feedback, she is doing something right.... even Jesus had naysayers

No, not necessarily. Sometimes negative feedback just means the book isn't very good. :roll:

Oh wow, I've been closely refreshing the exchange on facebook that I quoted earlier this morning. The reader came back asking Lori to provide a reference to where in the bible this plan is and she mentions she went to a Christian university and has a minor in biblical studies. I went back now, maybe 20 mins later, and that comment is GONE! Guess who had to get the last word? Guess who can't find a reference to the bible where woman have to be economically dependent on men?

@Loveday

YEAH!!! You captured the quote I was talking about! Is it still there for you on facebook?

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh wow, I've been closely refreshing the exchange on facebook that I quoted earlier this morning. The reader came back asking Lori to provide a reference to where in the bible this plan is and she mentions she went to a Christian university and has a minor in biblical studies. I went back now, maybe 20 mins later, and that comment is GONE! Guess who had to get the last word? Guess who can't find a reference to the bible where woman have to be economically dependent on men?

@Loveday

YEAH!!! You captured the quote I was talking about! Is it still there for you on facebook?

Well, it was there a minute ago...and then I refreshed the page and it disappeared! :pb_lol:

She's going to have to ban that person, because you just know she's going to come back and rightly demand to know why her question was deleted. 

Feminism is ruining our sons, y'all.

...many boys are growing up with single mothers and this is devastating for them.

Where are their dads? In most cases (not all, of course), if their dads aren’t involved in their lives, it’s because their dads CHOOSE not to be involved. That’s nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with the men being like Ken -- finding basketball, work and everything else more interesting than the kids they fathered.

Boys NEED fathers to toughen them up and be men.

“Toughen them up” being code for telling them to get back on the field and ignore their injuries? No thanks.

(Note: My kids have their dad in the home, and he's never done that. My boys are also strong, independent and great young men. We've never forced them to "push" through an injury. KMA, Lori.)

Men need to work hard and find their purpose in providing for their families. Feminism has stolen this from men.

How so? My husband works hard with a purpose. I haven’t stolen that from him, nor has any other woman, to my knowledge. You know what the Bible says about a man who can work and chooses not to, right, Lori? It doesn't say to make excuses and blame the women, that's for sure.

These boys don’t benefit from overnights, hang-out time, and the many hours it takes for boys to bond with their dads, and trust that their feelings won’t be dismissed.

You know who dismisses boys’ feelings? Cold, unemotional mothers who never let their kids express their own emotions or experience anger, frustration or disappointment. Fathers who force their kids to get back on the field even though they’re hurt.

You know who doesn’t dismiss boys’ feelings? Parents who accept that their children are separate people from them who have different emotions and experiences and opinions.

Dads tend to build bonds with their sons by, for example, playing games and rough-housing, and then use the resulting bond as leverage for their sons to ‘get to bed on time’ lest there be ‘no playing tomorrow night.’

Meh, this might be one way to get your kids to bed on time. We just taught ours how important it was for them to get sleep, that it was something their bodies needed for good health and proper growth. We created bedtime routines where they’d get ready for bed, and it worked for us. Different strokes and all that.

These young men are vulnerable to joining groups that are mean and angry.

Angry young men are indeed vulnerable to joining angry, disillusioned, isolated groups. Like right-wing terrorist organizations, MRA groups, "InCels" and fundamentalist Christianity, groups that promise them that they will get their oppressive “rights” back.

If they do get married, they have no clue how to be a wife who loves and respects her husband.

Are you so sure about that, Lori? It seems to me that you’re the one who was hateful and horrible to your husband for the first 20 or so years of your marriage to the point that he was ready to leave you as soon as your kids moved out. Meanwhile, I’ve only been married for 16 years, and I have always loved and respected my husband, and I love and respect him even more with every passing year. You're the one who needed a BOOK to tell you how to love your husband. And even now, you don't love him. You just manipulate him to get your way.

This is why its so important older godly women stay home. They have to be so quick on the delete button! What if she had gone to the store, people might have seen that question!!  97% of people will never know that woman left another comment and they will all think she had nothing else to say in awe of Lori's response. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived