IGNORED

"RadicalFemininity," a treasure trove of fundie cliches

Rachel333

28 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

James had to weigh in on the Kavanaugh stuff, using the same Bible story that Jill Rodrigues used to say that Dr. Ford is an "evil woman."

I wish his dad was still alive. He seemed to be quite liberal and I doubt he would agree with his son. Someone needs to challenge these types of posts. He has a daughter. And will probably have more. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a deep, secret wish that all these men who stick up for rapists, harassers, and other perpetrators of creepy predatory behavior end up being set on fire by their wives and/or daughters. You're not a fucking JURY, Bob the Bigot. The women in your life are just asking to be heard. Let the devil find his own advocate or it will be time for the witches to burn you. Show me to the prayer closet! It was worth it!

And then Hannah commented:

We should believe women if they're telling the truth ... we shouldn't believe women simply because they are women ;)

That's something people undermining victims love to say while completely misrepresenting what that means. It's like the people who misinterpret (often willfully) "black lives matter" as "ONLY black lives matter." The point isn't that women should be believed simply because they're women, it's that there's a history of not believing victims of sexual assault, who are overwhelmingly female, and of disbelieving women simply because they are women.

The story of Joseph and Potipher’s wife actually proves the point that those in power get away with lies and assault, the context of this story had nothing to do with gender. The way Kavanaugh behaved when asked questions and the fact that Grassley mysteriously had 65 letters of character recommendations from women about Kavanaugh only ONE day after Feinstein revealed the accusation shows that the Washburns do not give a damn about the “truth”. They use that as an excuse to me more and more misogynistic just like all of these other fundies. It pains me that all these little babies are being born to people with such dangerous thinking. I hope Yael lives up to her namesake by being a justice loving badass and she’ll condemn and fight against her parent’s oppresive beliefs. 

4 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

The story of Joseph and Potipher’s wife actually proves the point that those in power get away with lies and assault, the context of this story had nothing to do with gender. The way Kavanaugh behaved when asked questions and the fact that Grassley mysteriously had 65 letters of character recommendations from women about Kavanaugh only ONE day after Feinstein revealed the accusation shows that the Washburns do not give a damn about the “truth”. They use that as an excuse to me more and more misogynistic just like all of these other fundies. It pains me that all these little babies are being born to people with such dangerous thinking. I hope Yael lives up to her namesake by being a justice loving badass and she’ll condemn and fight against her parent’s oppresive beliefs. 

Yes, in the story Potipher's wife basically assaulted Joseph and removed his clothes. If anything, I think Dr. Ford is closer to being the "Joseph" of the story than Kavanaugh is. Kavanaugh is acting like a victim for being called out on his behavior when he abused his privilege for years.

You know what will definitely make my incredibly closed-minded, blinders-on, damn-the-evidence-full-steam-ahead views of the world palatable for mass consumption? A WINKY face. 

Good job, Hannah. Deftly managed!

James also wrote this today. I don't really know what's going on as it involves intra-community issues I'm unfamiliar with, but it's an interesting bit of drama.

I do find this part a bit ironic:

Therefore, he is a deceiver and an antimessiah.

In particular, he fashions himself as a teacher and attempts to gain followers from Yeshua's flock. What does the scripture say to do with such a one?

That's exactly the problem that Jewish people have with many Messianic groups: they deceive people into thinking they're just like any other group in order to get Jewish people into their communities.

There are a lot of comments agreeing with James, but others like this one:

Far be it for me to tell anyone to follow Nehemia Gordon; however, I defend his right to teach us.
This post is nothing but lashon-harah (evil tongue).

James also seems to hold people "accountable" for not commenting on his facebook post. :pb_lol:

A note to other teachers listening. Jeffrey perceives your silence as a recognition that I'm wrong and Nehemiah Gordon isn't what I'm saying he is. You are accountable for your silence on this issue.

The squabbling is ongoing.

Apparently Tommy actually witnessed the event in question.

Jeffery. I know I’m a bit late in chiming in, but seeing as I was the one disturbed last night as Nehemiah raised his voice at a sweet lady saying that she was of the devil and was lying and spreading whoremongering lies, while he literally towered over her as she sat on the steps in the park trying to celebrate a peaceful Shabbat and Sukkot, he was literally inches from her face and wouldn’t leave because he said he needed to rebuke her. No he didn’t use cuss words, but his voice was full of hate and childish taunting. I couldn’t believe it. My wife and I were so disturbed and I was concerned for the elderly lady that I told my wife I need to go out and make sure he didn’t get physical with her. It took to other guys asking him multiple times to leave before he mockingly went a sort distance away. Anyways I say all that to say, I’ve heard for over 10 years about how Nehemiah is “close” and a “moment away from becoming a powerful voice for YHVH and Yeshua” as you said. If that time come then we will all be praising YHVH. Until then though, if you could see the mocking look on his face last night and his evil taunting bully-ness and then again today as he silently mocked another brother playing and singing a worship song, if you could see and experience the things I’ve seen and heard in the last 24 hours your thoughts might be different. And even if he is close, let’s listen once he’s found truth instead of supporting his unbelief.

Jeffrey also called Tom "un-Yeshua-like," and Tom did not handle it well.

Jeffrey, now you've gone to lunacy! Yeshua ... telling religious Jewish people something ... in jerusalem ... at a feast? Nah ... never happened. 

So let me get this straight. The scriptures warn people about the anti messiah(s), but we're not to say anything about someone who teaches that Yeshua is not the messiah? So, basically, you are calling the scriptures rude and uncalled for ... at least in Jerusalem at the feast.

Like i said earlier, time for you to take a time out

I think I'm pretty much on Team Nobody in this particular argument though.

What do you think? Should we believe women?

Yes, we should James. Because for every Potiphar's wife, there are 50 Dinahs and Tamars. And it's a damn shame that I apparently know the Old Testament better than he does. 

James and Tommy: 

How does it feel not being believed when describing the inappropriate behavior of a man? Sucks doesn’t it? Just imagine that feeling times a million. Maybe that’s why you should believe women. 

Arguments on that post have been continuing, fundie style. There's a long chain where they're just aggressively quoting Bible verses at each other. :pb_lol:

One woman who likes to call Messianics "Messy Antics" disagreed strongly with James and called him anti-Semitic multiple times, saying he doesn't know the Torah well enough. After she and James called each other hypocrites a few times, she wrote a few posts announcing she was leaving the conversation and blocking him.

And Messy Antics/Hebrew Roots/Torah Observants wonder why Jews want nothing to do with their brand of "religion"! SMH
Don't bother responding. I will be removing myself from your network. I refuse to be in the company of those who speak pure lashon hara against the Jewish nation, collectively or individually.

What I found telling about James's view of women is how he responded to her by asking to talk to her husband (also named James):

Beth, there are so many things wrong with what you just said, but I am concerned that no matter how I address them, you aren't going to listen. I'm concerned you will get offended and block me just like you blocked our mutual friend Nathan  who has shown you and your husband kindness and generosity on multiple occasions. Maybe James needs to step up and speak on your behalf before you get offended again and block me. From here on out, is it fair to assume he's good with me talking to you as if you are him?

On another note, I've learned that there are people, like the woman I quoted above, who identify as Jewish and believe that Jesus was the Messiah, God's son, and divine, but not that he was God himself.

he's not. This is one of the absolutely incorrect teachings of the Christian/TO/Messy Antic movements! HaShem is ECHAD! 
Yeshua is Messiah, He is divine, but He is NOT a deity! He is a manifestation of HaShem's will and the angel Memtet. When one studies Torah in depth correctly it is clear this is the case, not what the "church" teaches!

Amazing how these things ALL reveal the truth about who Yeshua is. He's there and has been from the beginning in each and every Jewish source but has been hidden because of false teachings about who He is by the Christian "church", TO, HR and other "movements". Yeshua was a Pharisee Himself. There is evidence of this throughout the holy scripture itself, but again...one would not see this or believe it unless they knew how to see the evidence in what they were looking at. He is the Living Torah...HaShem's spoken Word, but He is NOT HaShem Himself, only a REFLECTION, an image of the Father (as His Son...as ALL sons are a reflection of their fathers). THIS is why He said Himself if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father! 
What scriptures do I hold authoritative? The same ones you do with the exception of the Pauline letters. 

I had no idea that was a theological branch that existed.

Abigail and Silas dunked their baby in a bucket with floating apples cuz, why not? It's still better than David and Priscilla's dump truck baby

21 minutes ago, EowynW said:

People do that all the time for baby photos. My professional photography group is full of sessions like that. 

I feel like 20 years from now all these babies will be grown and that will be like, “what the heck mom and dad?!” And the parents will just say, “everyone was doing it!” 

Sorry, no snark from me - that baby is adorable! The cheeks! The eyes! I don’t meet enough babies nowadays.

she seems to like the apples, too.

When my older kids were babies in the 90s it was a galvanized steel tub with a rubber duck and a loofah. I think the photos are cute! 

Abigail and Silas lived with them? Why am I not surprised? They are just kids. Of course they had to go live with older siblings. And Hannah’s FIL dying suddenly is mentioned as “a funeral.” I can tell his passing has affected you greatly... And I’m guessing James had hand surgery? It’s just weird it’s only mentioned now. 

8AC450DE-97AE-424B-B712-ADF618695575.jpeg

It makes me sad when fundies talk about wanting to enjoy a quiet, married life for a time and then immediately get pregnant.

4 hours ago, artdecades said:

It makes me sad when fundies talk about wanting to enjoy a quiet, married life for a time and then immediately get pregnant.

It’s pretty obvious that the first year of marriage was very different from what Hannah planned but that’s her fault. She’s the one “letting god decide” and being incredibly smug about it as well. She needs to learn now that when you “let god decide” very important things, your life will never go as planned. 

Of course you don’t get to chill if you conceive almost straight away, Hannah. 

I wonder how quickly they’ll conceive their next blessings. I’m guessing pretty soon...

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Of course you don’t get to chill if you conceive almost straight away, Hannah. 

I wonder how quickly they’ll conceive their next blessings. I’m guessing pretty soon...

My guess is that she will nurse on demand and around the clock in hopes of keeping her period away as long as possible. It works for some women (myself included) and it doesn’t work for others. I’ve read where some women refuse to give pacifiers and wake their babies in the middle of the night to nurse in order to keep their period away. 

Hhhuh, sounds like someone is regretting spending ALL her time at PP harassing women and not investing a half hour in learning about contraception choices. Who could have foreseen that unprotected sex would lead to pregnancy???!?? God's ways are mysterious indeed.

And I see James posted a video of protesters after the Supreme Court vote and compared it to Sodom. :roll: Of course, in the story it was the Sodomites who tried to rape people (and Lot tried to give them his daughters to rape so they wouldn't rape the men...) while in this case the "Sodomites" are protesting an attempted rapist.

23 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

And I see James posted a video of protesters after the Supreme Court vote and compared it to Sodom. :roll: Of course, in the story it was the Sodomites who tried to rape people (and Lot tried to give them his daughters to rape so they wouldn't rape the men...) while in this case the "Sodomites" are protesting an attempted rapist.

Does he not know that the sins of Sodom were that they weren't hospitable, they didn't help the poor, etc? Sure, they were also sexually immoral, but that's just one piece of the puzzle. It's more a story about how people lost their morals than anything. And yeah, on the Supreme Court vote, I can see a lot of people lost their morals, and it wasn't the protesters.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived