IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 11: No Junk in Her Trunk Because She's Godly

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Her posts have been read by more than 5 million people."

Yeah, mostly from Free Jinger. :laughing-rolling:

The Power of a Transformed Wife? Hmmmmm, a little close to Stormie's The Power of a Praying Wife. I have that one. Read it and used it to pray for my husband to the end. But now I wonder if Stormie feels better or worse about her tagline being stolen? Let the research begin.

Psssshh. "POWER"???!!?! Women aren't supposed to have power, Lori! That's what you've been telling us for years!!

Side note: I'm taking a lot of Leadership classes (yay, college!) and the last chapter talked about servant leadership, which, if I recall correctly, either Ken identified himself as, or Lori said Ken was. Anywho. Some of the behaviors of a servant leader involve emotional healing (being sensitive to the well-being of others), putting followers first, and empowering (allowing followers to be independent and make decisions on their own). 

I have no idea why I was snort-laughing in class during the discussion of that chapter. Any guesses?

13 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I can't find info on the company that published the book.

Most likely it's self-published, and she just made up the name of the "publishing company"

(There's nothing wrong with doing that. I've just noticed that's what self-published authors do)

http://thetransformedwife.com/welcome-to-my-new-blog/

^ Well, the first post of that new blog is written just as we'd expect. How can a woman with such poor writing skills find someone to publish her book??!!  

Having said that:

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh someone buy the book and review it. Pretty please? 

*raises hand*. I'll do it. But first, I have a question. Is there any way Lori and Ken can see who purchases it?  

17 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I can't find info on the company that published the book.

I googled 'Turning Page Books Publishing Company' and came up with a bunch of links to self-publishing companies and articles about such, but none called exactly that. :my_dodgy:

12 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Most likely it's self-published, and she just made up the name of the "publishing company"

I was thinking that too. I still wonder about her claim about working with a supposed editor who was also working on Stephen Curry's book

7 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I was thinking that too. I still wonder about her claim about working with a supposed editor who also working on Stephen Curry's book

Just because you self-publish doesn't mean you can't have an editor. Editors dont' just work for large publishing houses. You can easily find a freelance editor, there are tons of them. Anyone who reads it and offers constructive criticism can be called your "editor".

$14.95 is a lot of money for someone who is doing this as a "ministry." It's a paperback book, after all.

1 minute ago, Hisey said:

$14.95 is a lot of money for someone who is doing this as a "ministry." It's a paperback book, after all.

Maybe Ken's consulting practice isn't doing as well since becoming Southern California's leading incest and molestation apologist.

1 minute ago, Hisey said:

Just because you self-publish doesn't mean you can't have an editor. Editors dont' just work for large publishing houses. You can easily find a freelance editor, there are tons of them. Anyone who reads it and offers constructive criticism can be called your "editor".

The reason I wonder about Lori's editor claim is because she seems like the type would make up being connected to someone in order to get more attention for her book.

The ISBN looks like a small publisher, probably just Lori and Ken. The publisher code is so new that it isn't on the wikipedia isbn list yet, or the global register of publishers, assuming  I've read it right

... And boom: it was published through CreateSpace, which is Amazon's self-publishing wing for paperbacks. https://www.createspace.com/6612105

Buying directly from CreateSpace will give her double the royalties than if bought from Amazon's storefront, ftr.

(I'm a romance author and recently got rights back to one of my books / went indie with it, so I know a bit about how the self publishing end of things works. No real stalking required.) 

CreateSpace has utilities for creating covers directly on the site, but she still may well have hired an editor directly. A professional editor will require a good chunk of change for a long manuscript - it can range anywhere from $3 - $10 a page, depending on whether they're doing proofreading or a full developmental work-up with structural advice and rewriting. I hope she's prepared not to make that money back, if that's the route she went. Publishing is rough these days, especially since it doesn't look like she's done an ebook version.

The cover looks nice.

50 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I think it's a trade paperback as opposed to a mass market paperback. Which is the going rate.

.       Don't worry I am sure they will be coming to bargain basement bookstores in the near future.

Oh, so I bet people will be googling Lori Alexander to see if there are sny reviews or for information about her.

lori Alexander the Christian author is a fucking dim witted monster who thinks molestation isn't such a big deal.

11 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

The surrendered wife doesn't sound like a Christian book to me.

Thanks - You're right! Weird. The book advocates most of the same things: strict gender roles, males earn the money/manage finances, wives never correct their husbands and he has the final say etc... It's hard to tell one thing from another!

$14.95 is a lot for that book it should be more like $9.99 or $10.99... She knows most of her followers are financially struggling too. Her book sounds like a copy of Stormie Omartian. Praying wife, Unveiled wife, they all sound the same. She should have titled her book "Winning Him Without a Word" instead since that's all she ever talks about.

I am curious to see if there will be any reviews on Amazon, talking about her incredible hypocrisy or some of her husband's wacko ideas. Or reviews from leghumpers, saying the opposite.

6 hours ago, CuttySark said:

The ISBN looks like a small publisher, probably just Lori and Ken. The publisher code is so new that it isn't on the wikipedia isbn list yet, or the global register of publishers, assuming  I've read it right

... And boom: it was published through CreateSpace, which is Amazon's self-publishing wing for paperbacks. https://www.createspace.com/6612105

Buying directly from CreateSpace will give her double the royalties than if bought from Amazon's storefront, ftr.

(I'm a romance author and recently got rights back to one of my books / went indie with it, so I know a bit about how the self publishing end of things works. No real stalking required.) 

CreateSpace has utilities for creating covers directly on the site, but she still may well have hired an editor directly. A professional editor will require a good chunk of change for a long manuscript - it can range anywhere from $3 - $10 a page, depending on whether they're doing proofreading or a full developmental work-up with structural advice and rewriting. I hope she's prepared not to make that money back, if that's the route she went. Publishing is rough these days, especially since it doesn't look like she's done an ebook version.

Lori's book! This is like Christmas :-)

CuttySark, bravo for finding proof of the assumption that it was self-published.

I'm really surprised that she doesn't also have an ebook version. Cutty, in your experience is making an ebook available via CreateSpace difficult to do? Because so many self-publishers and small publishers are ebook-only, I had assumed that making an ebook was near-automatic alongside the print version in CreateSpace, but maybe not... (I actually work in publishing but not this end of it.)

ETA: And, Cutty, is it difficult or costly to add the "Look Inside" feature? I notice that she hasn't. Just a newbie mistake, not realising how valuable it is for potential readers? Or deliberately hiding the content?

Lori should have titled it "The Power of the passive aggressive wife. How to always have it your way in exchange for 10 minutes and lube." "Special contents: how to sabotage your birth control to become a sahm and how to make your husband happy to eat only big salads by being submissive."

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived