IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 11: No Junk in Her Trunk Because She's Godly

In her latest post Lori quotes John MacArthur, who recommends proselytizing on Hallowe'en.

Even if you simply give out candy to the children passing through your neighborhood, there will be many gospel opportunities you won’t want to miss. Drop a tract in with each kid’s candy, or try to engage their parents in a conversation you can steer toward the things of the Lord.

If I had kids and they came home from trick-or-treating with a tract in their pillowcase, I'd find out who'd given them it and not let them near that house again.

On the other hand, if someone like Lori tried to steer conversation towards God, it could get interesting. I love a good argument >:D

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came to FJ because of the Duggars, but stay on because of LorKen, the Rods, Pecan Thief, and Shrader. Just a crazy clusterfuck. I can't believe that these people are real.

Anyway, it is like she is doing a passive-aggressive dig, with her latest tirade, on someone having fun (there's that word again) on Halloween.  I wonder which of her immediate family, friends, or neighbors are making sure that the kids (and adults) are having fun, and maybe didn't invite Lori and her organic lollipops along.  

I shouldn't have gone down the rabbit hole and read the "seducing" post.  She's picking on my girl now and it just raises the hackles.  She truly can't fathom what it is to be happy.  To not be some kind of controlled doormat with no direction or will.  

Last year, I bought organic lollipops and handed them out to all the children. I would tell them that they didn’t need any more junk so I wanted to give them something a bit better for them. They seemed excited about it! (I was surprised.) Then I would try to strike up a conversation with them about their costumes or something else. I am thiniking about finding a way to wrap Bible verses around them since the Word doesn’t come back void.

This awkward paragraph made me giggle.  I am picturing Lori spinning a child round and round as she wraps them in Bible verses. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She truly can't fathom what it is to be happy.  To not be some kind of controlled doormat with no direction or will.  

Lori seems to suggest that one should learn to be happy whilst being a controlled doormat with no direction or will. 

And if that doesn't work out, she is full of underhanded suggestions to turn the neck of your headship! 

In other worlds, Lori is referred to as a sub that tops from the bottom. She could never practice what she preaches.

Encouraging women to stay with cruel men, to become cruel mothers...she's so ick.

When you look back at Lori's old posts, you can see that she really has become more angry/bitter as time has passed.

In 2011 she wrote about all the fun she was having eating out, seeing her grandbaby, and playing with her kittens.

That same year she wrote a post entitled: "A Fun Love Factory" in which she wrote the following:

I don't care what anybody says about that...The best gift you can give your children is a "fun love factory"...A mother and a father madly in love with each other and enjoying life together.  How could children not grow up happy and well-adjusted in a family like that?

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/06/fun-love-factory.html

Another post about fun:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/should-christians-have-fun.html

And another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/06/start-having-fun.html

And yet another:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-home-with-laughter-is-fun-home.html

I could go on, because she has blogged extensively about "fun" over the years.   I wonder what on earth happened to her to bring her the point that she is now bragging that her children don't remember her as being a fun mom.  

Let me tell you something, being a fun mother isn’t what I wanted my children to remember me by.

Just a few short years ago she said the following about her own mom:

My Dad always said that my Mom's middle name was 'fun!' She loves to laugh and have fun. She still does at 84 years old! She thinks of life as one big playground.

1 hour ago, bean said:

Because I'm a creeper, I checked out Emily's baby registry on Amazon. One of the items appears to be something that helps babies toot. Something to think about, Lori.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RAGALO/ref=br_it_dp_v_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=32DQBJEEUV5RQ&coliid=I1OISEDAYFR1GI&vs=1&th=1

I wonder if Lori maybe needs a Windi to help her get rid of all that built-up hot air?

2 hours ago, raised in rebellion said:

Lori seems to suggest that one should learn to be happy whilst being a controlled doormat with no direction or will. 

Sadly, I never see any true happiness come through in her posts.

35 minutes ago, Koala said:

What the fuck is that thing??  And just no.  Absolutely no.  Hell no.  NO.  

If you read further down, you can see how you can discounted ones that HAVE BEEN USED. I get saving money by sharing, but if something's been up someone else's bum, I think it's fine to just buy new.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

What the fuck is that thing??  And just no.  Absolutely no.  Hell no.  NO.  

my face.jpg

I'm so glad you said this. I don't have kids & was wondering if this was one of the things that everybody uses but nobody talks about.

3 hours ago, polecat said:

I wonder if Lori maybe needs a Windi to help her get rid of all that built-up hot air?

Along those lines, I saw an ad for something called a "snot sucker" (Or something along those lines) in a Babies R Us mailer.  Caregiver sucks on it to remove nasal secretions from the baby.   I'll just use a bulb syringe, thank you very much.

Not going to lie, I probably would have tried the "Windi" on my first child. So colicky, and as a first time mom, I was super clueless. Child #2, though, has no problem letting out the poots. Still. And she's eight years old. 

The snot sucker gets a hard NO from me.

Christ on a cracker...

Do you remember my post that went viral in June? 

How on earth could we forget?  You remind us just about it every time you post!

Now the "going viral " bit is just annoying, but this part made me mad:

I do wonder how many feminists “sisters” (I love how they included this word) who attack me have strong marriages and are committed for life. I am not thinking many of them since shacking up and not committing for life to anyone is the cool thing these days since most pursue elusive “happiness” instead of being a vow keeper. If the going gets rough, they get out since they aren’t happy or they don’t “feel” in love. 

Let me tell you something Lori, I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for 16 years.  We have been through times that I can promise would have left you in a puddle on the floor.  But we are here, we are happier than we were the day we met each other, and you couldn't pry this man away from me.  I don't just love him, I adore him.  I like him.  He's my best friend in the world.  I literally count the hours until he comes home everyday.  

He wakes me up sometimes just so he can talk to me.  He talks about all of the things we're going to do when he retires.  He calls me all throughout the day.  He doesn't have any hobbies because he says he's happier hanging out here with me.

We don't take passive aggressive jabs at each other, and I don't have to let him think he has the run of things to keep him happy.  We make decisions together, and I honestly can't even remember the last time we didn't agree about anything.  In fact, the older we get, we've found that one of us can be thinking about something and then suddenly the other will start talking about it.  It's downright weird sometimes, but we are just that attuned to each other. 

Don't tell me about "strong marriages", because based on what you and Ken post online, your's is one of the weakest I've ever seen.

Well me and boyfriend are living in sin, "shacking up," and basically being an affront to the lord, so I'm very glad that Lori's let me know that I'm not really in love or committed for life. I was just unaware that marriage is the ONLY WAY to prove yourself to someone. 

I want to get married. But we're not there yet. But have we talked about it? Yes. Have we literally said the words "this is it, you're it, you're always going to be it, I'm in this for life"? Yes. Yes we have. And I trust him, because he's wonderful. We share our responsibilities around the house (he does the laundry - probably because I'm bad at being a woman - I also am shit at ironing, which he thinks is hilarious), we speak candidly about everything in our lives, he's seen me at my worst and protected me when I most needed it. He canceled business trips when I had emergency surgery without even blinking an eye so he could sit next to me for hours and hours while I was cracked out on pain killers. His mom said he called her freaking out about worrying about me, asking what he was supposed to do if I wasn't okay. 

If he literally never proposed to me ever, we'd still have an ENORMOUSLY healthier relationship than LorKen. I'd live in sin forever and a day before trading it in for a husband that I didn't really like at all and a terrible blog that I use to tear down other women.

18 hours ago, polecat said:

She'd have to remove that stick up her butt first, though.

Did you know that Lori's original anti-woman post  in June went Viral.  Huh  Really?  Never heard a  thing about it.  And that is went viral again with over 17 million views!!  [She is so proud]

And now she's has another anti-woman post that is poised to go viral.  Again!. Wow awesome!  She is so admired.  Amirite or amirite?

Anyhow.......

In this latest blog post Lori really reads the riot act to all us godless feminists and lets us know how truly awful we are. 

Did you know that we were taught that hooking up and shacking up are the "cool" thing to do.   Most of us don't get married and if we do -- we're not happy. That we "pursue elusive' happiness'  instead of being a "vow keeper" [So happiness is bad?  Who knew]

That we have  abortions willy-nilly. That feminism has made a mess of our lives. That all of us have huge debt from our educations.

There's more, but you get the drift.  Oh and she says we feminists "mock and attack" her.  I mean really -- how rude of her.  Mock maybe, but  never attack. I might ruin my manicure.

Hey, Mr Alba and I shacked up for five years before making vows to commit to each other for life. What does that make us?

And, yes, we are happy.

The more it goes, the more I see this broad as the embodiment of the seven deadly sins.  

Pride:  That's a no brainer.  Just the constant reminders of the one viral post is enough for this one.  She's seriously one of the most prideful human beings I've ever run across.

Anger:  The overt discipline used on her children stems from that internal wrath.  Her passive aggression is abundantly apparent throughout her blog.  Not to mention the fact that she can't handle when someone calls her out on her criss-crossed messages.

Lust:  Not only do I think she's waiting for Ken to strap her down, tie her up, and get after it...but she longs for all the things she crows about.  All the freedoms she labels as "evil feminism", she talks about it all so much, it's on her mind for a reason.

Greed:  She's obsessed with the nice house, the nice figure, the perfect food, the husband who makes the most money, the perfect kids...  She wants to the be example, the Jones', if you will.  

Envy:  She's jealous.  Jealous of women who have lives outside the home, of women who make being a SaHM a success...she could never decide what she wanted so she settled and ran with that.

Gluttony:  In the form of selfishness.  Her needs, her wants, her opinions trump all others.  It's her way or the highway. 

Sloth:  The omission of her own responsibilities.  She will only admit to a certain degree that she didn't raise her children the way she preaches to others that they MUST raise theirs.  Maybe this feeds into a lot of the guilt and self doubt she carries that subsequently feeds her blog.    

:soapbox:

I could go full Dante on this bitch but I do have some invoicing to take care of.  I'm an ebil feminist who works....but it's for my husband so maybe I get a pass?  Yeah, probably not.    

They don’t even realize how much feminism has destroyed their values, changed their worldview, and in the process has made a mess of their lives.

They were taught that hook-ups are better than the commitment of marriage and birth control makes it much easier for this to happen. They were taught that having higher education with a ton of debt was what they must pursue and having careers was better than bearing children and being home to raise them. 

Because of birth control, my husband (yes, married people use birth control!) and I are able to properly care for the number of children we have. 

Thanks to feminism, I was able to pursue the job that I wanted, and this job is currently paying for my education. I have no debt from higher education. 

Because I know I would be a lousy homeschooler, I send my children to the public school. I am able to work while they are in school, and be home for them in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends. 

I'd love to know how my life is a mess.

Had my husband and I had children, we would have risked passing on two serious health conditions(me=spina bifida, him=epilepsy), and I would be left raising them alone anyway since I was widowed in 2005.

They were taught that hook-ups are better than the commitment of marriage and birth control makes it much easier for this to happen. They were taught that having higher education with a ton of debt was what they must pursue and having careers was better than bearing children and being home to raise them. 

Funny. I was reared in a fundamentalist Christian home and was taught NONE of this. But because I had the capability of thinking for myself, I knew that being some self-righteous peacock's glorified sex slave and servant was not my goal in life. I wanted to be a person in my own right. Yeah, I "hooked up," and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I used birth control so that I could choose when I had children. I sought higher education to expand my mind and learn more about the world around me (oh, and no debt from that). I have a career because I love it and it helps pay the bills. Oh, and I bore children AND stayed home to raise them WHILE still having my career. And I've been happily married for more than 15 years.

I'll take my miserable feminist lifestyle any day over your "happy submissive" passive-aggressive 10-minutes-and-lube mess of a marriage.

She can prattle on all day about being "mocked" and "attacked", but she's the one making sweeping generalizations about feminists.

I do wonder how many feminists “sisters” (I love how they included this word) who attack me have strong marriages and are committed for life. I am not thinking many of them since shacking up and not committing for life to anyone is the cool thing these days since most pursue elusive “happiness” instead of being a vow keeper.

The above statement reveals a lot about Lori's character.  Why does she wonder?  Does she want to pray for them?  We know that's not true, because while she's admitted that she forgets to pray for others, she never forgets to blog about them.

The only possible reason is that she wants to gossip about them, and use them to make her feel better about herself.  Just pure meanness. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived