IGNORED

S'Morton Alan Smith charged with incest, rape, child molestation

JustAnotherMaiden

14 hours ago, Newtothis said:

Do any of y'all currently know the Smiths or Morton families?  What about the Lane family? Their kids seemed to be so cute. 

I went to the home church they all had a few years ago. It wasnt as bad as people on here make it seem but it was still pretty weird.

The lanes are the most normal out of the whole group.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm related by marriage to a family court judge who deals with exactly these kinds of terrible cases. When her chambers came up for renovation on the county's lists, she had them redone so as to provide an atmosphere of comfort & peace for the victims whose cases she hears. IIRC, in her jurisdiction, she can hold certain hearings or interviews in chambers as opposed to open court. Not familiar enough with the law there to know how, why & when.

What's the deal with all of these first time posters suddenly showing up here defending the Smiths, Mortons and, perhaps most curiously, the Lanes?  

I'm guessing local acquaintances who Google for info on his arrest are finding us -- and then not finding FJ members' thoughts to be flattering to their community. 

1 minute ago, Pianokeeper said:

I'm guessing local acquaintances who Google for info on his arrest are finding us -- and then not finding FJ members' thoughts to be flattering to their community. 

Yeah just did a google search and it's coming up fairly high up on the first page when you search the full name

26 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Based on past experience, I'd consider this damned likely. I know practically zero things about this family, but a quick scan of some of the threads implies that it's huge, so probably a lot of friends and acquaintances have found their way here the last couple weeks.

Edit: Just to be clear, the existence of FJ is not a secret, nor do we particularly care if someone finds us from google. The more the merrier, as long as the carpets stay clean. :)

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Based on past experience, I'd consider this damned likely. I know practically zero things about this family, but a quick scan of some of the threads implies that it's huge, so probably a lot of friends and acquaintances have found their way here the last couple weeks.

Hopefully if they stick around, and can refrain from soiling the carpets, they'll learn something useful here.

12 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

You have the Google part right. The Last part... not so much. I agree with what most the FJ members are saying. I am one of the "jingers" that was able to get away from that lifestyle.

10 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

Yeah just did a google search and it's coming up fairly high up on the first page when you search the full name

Yep. Since the story was first posted, any time I search his name to see if there is any updated news, this thread comes up. People are looking for news and find us instead.

Aren't they lucky :pb_lol:

21 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

What's the deal with all of these first time posters suddenly showing up here defending the Smiths, Mortons and, perhaps most curiously, the Lanes?  

The Lanes have hardly even been mentioned in this thread, have they? It was said someone or other married a Lane and beyond that I have no idea, being new to this rabbit hole.

Bethany Smith married Danny Lane. That was in a few summaries of who married whom in the SMorton world and their circles.

Those posts are enough to make the post searchable. Hell, I just put their names in Google and this thread is hit #3.  (Another SMorton FJ thread is hit #2).

It doesn't take much.

Another Captain Bret video, interviewing these two charming pleasant looking men..........jeez....!!!!

Anyway, not to interject in the discussion here, but i just came across this and it's long but insane and too infuriating not to share.
These guys think they are so fucking great!!! Like the  manliest of men ever to grace the Earth....incredible.
Notice the balding one has short arms and looks like he's quite short, so i'm guessing a little Napoleon complex thrown in there too ;)

It's very easy to find this page by searching any of the Smith or morton names.

5 minutes ago, Feministe9000 said:

Another Captain Bret video, interviewing these two charming pleasant looking men..........jeez....!!!!

Anyway, not to interject in the discussion here, but i just came across this and it's long but insane and too infuriating not to share.
These guys think they are so fucking great!!! Like the  manliest of men ever to grace the Earth....incredible.
Notice the balding one has short arms and looks like he's quite short, so i'm guessing a little Napoleon complex thrown in there too ;)

I think they we're just sucked into the S'morton lifestyle.

it must be pretty easy to get sucked in when you are already teetering on the edge....it seems like they were trying very hard to convince themselves outloud why they were doing it!

7 minutes ago, Feministe9000 said:

I don't care about what they look like but neither one of them went through a "biblical betrothal" themselves, apparently it is just something they got into their heads to disadvantage their kids with after meeting the Smiths. 

But why is @MamaB, with five posts, down voting already?  Something feels off to me. 

When I Google Alan Smith I get only English soccer on the first few pages of results and this thread comes up on page 12.  He has such a common name...

1 hour ago, Randomdsplyname said:

I went to the home church they all had a few years ago. It wasnt as bad as people on here make it seem but it was still pretty weird.

The lanes are the most normal out of the whole group.

You knew them and the Lanes? How did you get out of there? Thank goodness

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

But why is @MamaB, with five posts, down voting already?  Something feels off to me. 

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to down vote. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

When I Google Alan Smith I get only English soccer on the first few pages of results and this thread comes up on page 12.  He has such a common name...

Try Bret Alan Smith

1 minute ago, MamaB said:

I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to down vote. Sorry.

Oh, no, you are certainly allowed to. However, it is extremely rare for a new member to come in and do so.  Many members have never downvoted anyone, ever. But, sure, go for it. 

5 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Oh, no, you are certainly allowed to. However, it is extremely rare for a new member to come in and do so.  Many members have never downvoted anyone, ever. But, sure, go for it. 

Okay. Just didn't like everything in that post.

I met the family once and they were nothing like the S'morton clan

Just now, Newtothis said:

I've read this website for a long time, but just now made an account. 

I was in the exact same boat!!

Also why are people getting their panties in a bunch about a couple of up or down votes??

lol ooooh our website might be infiltrated by the Morton/Smith families!!! oh noezzzz!!!!

chill out guys..........LOL

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived