IGNORED

Going through the Maxwell archive and found this gem

skankbiscuit

And what about being gay? Surely in a family of 19 kids at least one will be gay. Every large Catholic family I know, where the kids number from 6 to 12, at least one child was gay. I can't see any of these fundie families embracing their gay kids.

Nell

Gay children will be either reprogrammed to be straight (read: live the straight life very unhappily because they can't face the alternative) or kicked out, forgotten and not spoken of. If one of the Duggars get lots to that, they will go from having 19 kids to having 18 and everyone will be asking "Jackson who? We've never had a child named Jackson..."

Disclaimer: I have no idea if it will be Jackson, but being the youngest son and having 9 older brothers means he is most like to be. 1/3 increase in the likelihood a boy will be gay for every older brother they have.

Steve was probably afraid that if he stood too close to the edge, his wife and one or more of the kids would find the temptation impossible to resist.

Or that one of his kids would push HIM in! LOL

It's like she's trying to convince the reader to see it their way.

Um, sorry, even a half sane fundy would go to the Grand Canyon.

(See the Gil Bates family blog...)

You know, "losing a child to the world" in Maxwellese could actually mean something like, "skeevy meth head" or (more likely) "went to college, graduated Phi Beta Kappa, got married, has a couple of kids and goes to the Episcopal church." It's so hard to tell with these people.

She only polishes her cabinets once a month.

You know, "losing a child to the world" in Maxwellese could actually mean something like, "skeevy meth head" or (more likely) "went to college, graduated Phi Beta Kappa, got married, has a couple of kids and goes to the Episcopal church." It's so hard to tell with these people.

Yeah, I really doubt all these "lost to the world" fundie kids are working as pole dancers or doing hard time for violent crimes or lying doped up in an alley somewhere covered in filth.

Their idea of "lost to the world" is probably a kid who spit out the Kool-Aid.

Ha, bingo.

Unfortunately, so far it doesn't look like any of the Maxwell kids have done that, and the youngest is already 15. Interesting. I wonder what Steve does to have such a strong hold on all of them. Even Nathan. It's weird.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I really doubt all these "lost to the world" fundie kids are working as pole dancers or doing hard time for violent crimes or lying doped up in an alley somewhere covered in filth.

You can tell which kids were lost to the world. They're the ones turning cartwheels down the street.

What would the Maxwell's know about losing a kid to the world? Even the married men are attached at the hip enough to go on a full family vacation.

Sarah could be married with children by now if she was lost to the evil world....

Archived