IGNORED

Vyckie Garrison Podcast

JMO

On 5/27/2016 at 10:26 AM, infooverload said:

I am wondering if a spotlight will be put on her for her questionable behavior in the same way which is going on with Sarah Morehead who was also an Atheist of the Year recipient. 

This is such an told topic but I just came across it. I'd be very surprised if anyone was ever critical of Vyckie outside of the forum world. Morehead seems to have embezzled money, right? Unless Vyckie does something illegal I can't see her being called out on it. 

News outlets seems to use her frequently when there's rumblings in the fundie world (Like Joshley) but at no time did any of those outlets bring up that Vyckie talked about her daughter's (ex?)husband supposedly abusing other daughters even though it could've tied in. I'd be shocked if she was ever put on blast outside of FJ. 

• 2 months later...

I noticed a post by Vyckie on Facebook this morning.  She's asking her 750 Facebook followers to help her be rescued from "a sucky December in Nebraska".  She says she will be alone for Christmas and New Years.  She's asking if anyone who lives "somewhere warmer" would invite her to visit them over the Holidays.  Then she asks her followers to contribute to her travel fund and gives her PayPal information so she can collect those contributions!  

A prior post dated May 18th of this year boasts about all the places she has traveled recently with her boyfriend.  She lists the Pacific Northwest, Vancouver, Montreal, New England, Tijuana, 27 states so far, as well as France, Spain, Morocco, Portugal, and Ireland.  

I fully support that donations online may be solicited to help someone who is experiencing a major life tragedy.  But it's beyond audacious that Vyckie actually believes that people will donate money so she can take yet another vacation this year.

Archived