IGNORED

Jackson (Mississippi) Mayor Tony Yarber Has a Solution to the City’s Pothole Problem: Prayer

doggie

I have heard of jesus patching holes in your heart but in a road? 

Usually, when someone in Mississippi says prayer will fix a problem, it’s easy for me (an atheist who doesn’t live there) to shrug it off. It’s the South, after all. Hardly a surprise. That was my first reaction when I saw this tweet

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/08/22/jackson-mississippi-mayor-tony-yarber-has-a-solution-to-the-citys-pothole-problem-prayer/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Yarber1.png

Oh dear. It's nice to be reminded occasionally that South Carolina doesn't always produce the most ridiculous public figures.

@withaj, ain't that the truth!  There is a reason that we say "Thank god for Mississippi!" so often it really ought to be our state motto.

I believe that God CAN fill potholes but happen to think he tends to expect us to fill them in instead!!! 

27 minutes ago, enigmata said:

I believe that God CAN fill potholes but happen to think he tends to expect us to fill them in instead!!! 

Well, there is the saying that we are all God's children, and part of the joy of having children is to have them do the menial jobs... :pb_razz:

Archived