IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Did she mean like an actual hit or like a playful smack?

She tried to play it off, but the way he said it, it sounded like an actual hit. She did give him a semi-playful smack on the set.

And, the cat story made me flash back to Derick Dullard.

LOL, the other campers had to assign a phrase to describe their relationship: Famy and Dillon are "Slippery Slope". Famy was not thrilled. Famy is not happy with their bedroom. As usual, it's decorated with blown up signs of the nasty things the husband and wife say to each other.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Did she mean like an actual hit or like a playful smack?

Sounded like an actual hit but not really a punch, it was one sentence from Dillon and he said something along what lines of "she hits me when she gets mad." Totally paraphrasing because I don't remember exactly how he phrased it.

Uh-oh, the counselors are in to do a private session. They pointed out the hurtful things Famy and Dillon say. The focused on Dillon's:  "I think this marriage is a mistake" and Famy's: "I don't want a family with you". Famy was whining that she likes "the small things, like bring me a flower or something." Oh yeah, she'd be thrilled with a single flower. NOT.

Below are the parts of the episode involving Amy. Certainly not a Buzzard level recap, but if anyone is interested, enjoy!

Amy introduced herself as the "rebel Duggar" (in finger quotes) a couple of times.

Surprisingly her and Dillon were the "shocking" couple that everyone was surprised to see.

Ashley, another participant, said the Duggars were known for being proper and hiding things. Accurate.

They all go into a room full of reporters for a press conference exercise. The participants had previously recorded solo videos about all of the problems with their partners and they didn't think anyone was going to see them.

In the videos - they cut back and forth between Amy and Dillon's videos but they were shot alone - Amy says they fight about money, and Dillon said it's his money and he can do whatever he wants with it. Dillon said Amy hits him when she gets mad. Amy says Dillon picked up a cat and slammed it against a table :(. Amy said she doesn't want kids with someone like that. Amy said Dillon is the biggest dick in the world. Dillon calls her a bitch.

Commercial break - Mama June has a show coming out called Not to Hot. Nothing to do with the show, just thought it was funny.

A reporter asked about her throwing a punch and a reporter asked her if she thought domestic violence was funny and brings up the cat again. Amy said "it happened one time."

Amy: the press takes everything and blows it up, they want everything to be so negative.

A reporter asks Dillon if the accident hadn't happened would they be together. Dillon said he can't predict what would have happened. 

All of the couples get a placard with a description of the relationship that the participants choose. Amy and Dillon get "Slippery Slope." The counselors say Amy puts on a happy facade.

They all go into their rooms and they have mean, angry quotes on the walls. 
They have a pile of wrapped presents in it, it is not clear why.
The quotes I saw were:
"I'm your wife don't talk to me like that."
"Go fuck yourself don't ever call me again."
"I don't want a family with you."
"I don't know if you're the one for me."

One of the counselors walks in to discuss the signs. Dillon said it hurts to see the things he said to her.

The presents are empty boxes because Dillon doesn't do anything sweet for her (I think that's what it was, I wasn't fully paying attention at this point).

@Londish: I agree, it started to get very dull towards the end. I so miss the Bridezillas.

I was curious about Dillon saying that the money was "his." Does he come from money, or did he get a settlement out of the car wreck? Famy made money off of People. I bet she didn't complain when People shaved 3 inches off each thigh to get that shot (not fat-shaming, just saying that Famy is a pretty curvy woman). 

imageproxy.jpg

Oh, I can't edit after loading that pic, but she also said that they were "private people." Honey, private people don't plaster themselves all over the cover of People, or remind everyone who she is and who she's related to. 

imageproxy (1).jpg

@marmalade, I so agree with you. Private people don't sell their stories to any magazine. Also, they don't go on trashy reality TV shows (like MBC) to get a paycheck. If they were truly private, she would stop using the Duggar name, move out of NWA, and get some real counseling to work through her issues.

I still don't know wheter or not to watch that thing. Amy never interested me very much, but on the other hand,  it would be funny to see how much of a fame wh*re you need to be to take part im a programme like this... to call yourself a celebrity because you're the Duggar cousin.  The Duggars are sooooo vain, including Amy.

I'll probably watch it as a guilty pleasure when I'm in a crappy mood, jist to make myself feel better that no matter how bad i am, at least I'm not them :P

10 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I still don't know wheter or not to watch that thing. Amy never interested me very much, but on the other hand,  it would be funny to see how much of a fame wh*re you need to be to take part im a programme like this... to call yourself a celebrity because you're the Duggar cousin.  The Duggars are sooooo vain, including Amy.

I'll probably watch it as a guilty pleasure when I'm in a crappy mood, jist to make myself feel better that no matter how bad i am, at least I'm not them :P

Speaking of the "celebrity" angle, I don't think Dillon ever appeared on 19 Kids (neither did she for the last year or so), and she was not asked to return for Counting On. I guess the Bachelorette husband was on the show, but I have no clue about the other couples. I don't even know who is the actual "celebrity," other than the Mob Wife, and that's only because she was introduced as such. I have no clue if her boyfriend/husband/whatever the fuck he is ever appeared on the show. 

This was the first time I exposed myself to this show, and I'm only in it to watch Famy and Dillon fake fight (who believes this stuff is actually real). 

Definitely fake. Wolf 2 was on 60 minutes, and he said it was scripted quite a bit, and that is a news show.

They made NO mention of religion on last night's episode. But when they entered the house (they were the last couple to arrive), one of the women shrieked, "YOU'RE A DUGGAR!!!!" I almost died laughing. Then Famy went on to explain that she was the "rebel Duggar" and that she "wears pants." 

And, looking at the previews of future episodes, swears a shit ton. 

It must be validating for JB&M. "See kids, this is what will happen if you don't follow the courtship model, and if women wear pants."

12 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

It is a trainwreck, but it's fun to watch as a guilty pleasure. You can make a drinking game out of it -- drink every time someone cries or two of the women get into a nasty cat fight.

They definitely stretch it by calling any of the participants on the last few seasons "celebrities". They are sub-z-list personalities.

1 hour ago, Denim Jumper said:

It must be validating for JB&M. "See kids, this is what will happen if you don't follow the courtship model, and if women wear pants."

That was my thought. As obnoxious as Amy is, I was always kind of rooting for her (and her marriage) so that the J'kids could see that normal, worldly relationships aren't The Worst Thing Ever. 

This show is basically a trainwreck of NOPE on that front, sadly. 

I love how she is positioning herself as the rebel Duggar, since she isn't a part of Boob's brood she in fact isnot a rebel Duggar.  Boob's Mother and sister wear pants and are not part of the cult. Her Mother is a Duggar not her.  It would take one of the M&JB's kids to act out to be a true Duggar Rebel. This just shows how badly she is trying to grasp at fame through the Duggar name.

Has Amy's last name always been Duggar? Or at some point did she have her father's last name and then change it to Duggar?

We had a "winter storm" so I actually caught a bit of this mess.  I've never heard of any of these people except Famy but its clear that she's out of her league.  Her fake "HIYA GUYS" personality isnt going to work with people who know how to live actual drama.  

I was REALLY amused at how even the drama whores on the show were like "oh crap, a Duggar!" and Famy had to defend herself by saying she's the "cousin." It was like "I'm drama enough for the show but not krazy drama like my family!"

I spent the majority of the episode trying to see if she was drinking. I love how they blocked the grape fanta with painters tape - cuz thats really effective.

I have no idea why anyone would put themselves on this show - and how is it "marriage" camp when 2 couples arent married??? 

I've never heard of anyone on this show other than Ashley and JP from the Bachelorette. Ashley had an ultrasound on live TV to find out the sex of her second child. That's a fame whore low even the Duggars haven't sunk to yet.

13 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I've never heard of anyone on this show other than Ashley and JP from the Bachelorette. Ashley had an ultrasound on live TV to find out the sex of her second child. That's a fame whore low even the Duggars haven't sunk to yet.

Just the Duggars having a fake one to find out that Jubliee was "with jesus"

I barely made it through 20 minutes of Marriage Boot Camp before I gave up. It was just horrible and I will pretty much watch anything. 

For the record, Amy is a Duggar even if her last name is Jordan. Her mother is a Duggar, which makes her one. She has the same Relationship to the Duggar family as Jill and Jessa. I get people think crazy fundies when they hear the name but she is a Duggar. Sorry, I just get irritated when it is made to seem you are less than if you don't have the same name family name. I don't carry my mother's maiden name but that doesn't mean my cousins that do are somehow more official than I am. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I barely made it through 20 minutes of Marriage Boot Camp before I gave up. It was just horrible and I will pretty much watch anything. 

For the record, Amy is a Duggar even if her last name is Jordan. Her mother is a Duggar, which makes her one. She has the same Relationship to the Duggar family as Jill and Jessa. I get people think crazy fundies when they hear the name but she is a Duggar. Sorry, I just get irritated when it is made to seem you are less than if you don't have the same name family name. I don't carry my mother's maiden name but that doesn't mean my cousins that do are somehow more official than I am. 

My point was that Amy is not in the nuclear family of Jim Bob, Michelle, and their children. So saying she is the Rebel Duggar is moot.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I was asking about her last name because if she was always Amy Jordan and then changed it to Duggar once her uncle's family became "famous"...that's just fucking pathetic.

@ClaraOswin I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that she was Dugger because her parents hadn't married when she was born, but she seemed to switch around a bit maybe just before she got married, hence the convoluted thread title. 

1 hour ago, Karma said:

@ClaraOswin I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that she was Dugger because her parents hadn't married when she was born, but she seemed to switch around a bit maybe just before she got married, hence the convoluted thread title. 

I think she might have changed it from Duggar to Jordan when her parents got married after she was grown up. Then she still used Duggar for famewhore purposes.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived