IGNORED

True Christian Motherhood

flojo

Came across a wonderful e book on ladies against feminism. True Christian Motherhood. I can now learn the joys of "raising noble lords and virtuous ladies"

The thing that really scares me is the fact that, apparently, it is the #1 bestseller on kindle under motherhood....

Debating whether to buy. I have a loop long commute each day, and need more snarling/ reading material. But do I really want to give them $7? It has a pretty horrid sample available..

Some of these fundies like to use the word, true, don't they? is there a false Christian motherhood? Maybe there are Chrisitan women who run around pretending to be mothers?

Thanks for the link. I'll look it up

That's always my first thought, Debrand. For something to be declared "true", there seems like there should be the flip side of the coin which would be "false". I think it's condescending and arrogant for this ilk of "Christian mothers" to declare their way the "true" way when the fact of the matter is that there are many ways to skin a cat with regard to childrearing. I would put my kids, raised by my fake self and my (according to their stands) fake husband, up against theirs any day.

I also hate "True Womanhood" for the same reason. That was one reason I wasn't that sad to see that site of Karen Campbell's die, or at least go into a vegetative state.

Some of these fundies like to use the word, true, don't they? is there a false Christian motherhood? Maybe there are Chrisitan women who run around pretending to be mothers?

Thanks for the link. I'll look it up

:D Just got a vision of a Christian False Mother driving around in a 12 passenger van with random kids picked up off the street.

I am more surprised that many TRUE Christian Mothers have kindles to make it #1! Should they be giving that extra money to their false prophets? I have to go get my false daughter a haircut...

June Fuentes' popularity is simply inexplicable. Her blog sucks - and I mean that in all sincerity. Most of it is simply content lifted from somewhere else, and Fuentes' own writing is abysmal.

The sample material from her new book is filled with grammatical and spelling errors. These are excusable in a blog post,. but not in a book released for sale. She makes a lot of money off her various ventures. Couldn't she have splurged on a proof-reader?

June Fuentes' popularity is simply inexplicable. Her blog sucks - and I mean that in all sincerity. Most of it is simply content lifted from somewhere else, and Fuentes' own writing is abysmal.

The sample material from her new book is filled with grammatical and spelling errors. These are excusable in a blog post,. but not in a book released for sale. She makes a lot of money off her various ventures. Couldn't she have splurged on a proof-reader?

I don't get it either. I'm guessing she must be really good at networking offline and that's why so many people follow her.

Here's the excerpt from truechristianmotherhood.com, with corrections in red:

As mothers, we need to equip our children well to do the work the Lord has assigned for each of them to do: We must diligently teach scripture. We must teach godly character. We must teach love for the Lord and the lost without growing discouraged ourselves. (Oh my, isn’t this a hard one sometimes?)

[Paragraph break]

We have the Master's work at hand, an honorable and momentous responsibility!...

We must remember that our lasting influence impacts future generations through our children, our grandchildren, and our great-grandchildren whether for good or for evil.

[Paragraph break]

Which are you raising for the Lord - descendants who could be an army to take the world by storm or descendants who build up alters altars to false gods?

We must revive the vision of multigenerational faithfulness! We cannot change our homes through the efforts of our flesh -- it comes from grace and power from Christ alone -- but we are required to do our part. We cannot fall short of this glorious vocation because our Lord has called us to it -- and where He calls us to when He calls us, we must obey.

Now In honor of those faithful mothers who have come before us, who have sacrificed their lives, gave given unselfishly, wept in the dark to the Savior, and persevered to the end -- we applaud you: You have paved the way for us behind those of us who have followed you!

[Paragraph break]

The Lord has used you as a mighty instruments in His hand and you are surely called blessed among your children. Your dedication has a lasting power that is the sweet aroma of Jesus Christ. [bONK!]

God undeniably uses the weak to shame the strong. He also uses ordinary people, you and I me, to help reclaim the vision for motherhood and build a godly nation for Him.

The excerpt still sucks absolute ass, since it reads a lot like disjointed rambling, but at least the corrected version isn't an insult to potential customers.

Here's the excerpt from truechristianmotherhood.com, with corrections in red:

The excerpt still sucks absolute ass, since it reads a lot like disjointed rambling, but at least the corrected version isn't an insult to potential customers.

Holy cow. I would NOT part with decent money to try and puzzle my way through something with so many errors!

False Christian Motherhood does exist, in the fundy mind. A False Christian Mother says she is a Christian, but really she is not because of one or more of the following mistakes:

1. She is Catholic.

2. If she isn't Catholic, she could be Lutheran, or a member of a big mega church.

3. She sends her children to teh evil publik skool.

4. She limits her family size to less than 5 children.

5. She works outside the home.

6. She has girlfriends.

7. She admits that being a mom can be overwhelming, and hires a babysitter every once in a while.

8. She doesn't grind her own wheat.

9. She doesn't read only the KJV Bible.

10. She doesn't rise early in the morning before her family to have quiet time with God.

~TMS, a False Christian Mother

Okay, maybe I'm 12, but I keep getting hung up on "the sweet aroma of Jesus Christ." WTF? I can't help thinking that, in that climate and that time period, a person's aroma could be...less than sweet. Not to mention that the sentence just makes no sense. Am I missing something here?

My truth is not their truth. Should we get in the ring and fight it out?

Well, that would be pointless since I have no need or reason to convince others of my truth and my value and sense of worth is not tied up in anyone's truth.

I think that's called an impasse.

Archived