IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Same shit, different day.

Lori:  "Who is more to blame for the destruction of our culture?"

Hide contents

WOMEN!  Duh!

:pb_rollseyes:

If men are supposed to be the leaders, why can't we blame them? 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori:

Women are more likely to break up marriages which is unfortunate since they are the ones who suffer more financially and physically; they must work outside of the home and aren't protected. 

I think returning to the workforce and not having Ken to ride in on his Horse of TRUTH when she has no idea how to answer her readers, is pretty much the worst case scenario for Lori.  What the hell else would he be protecting her from?  

Great reasons to stay married!

That is a particularly stupid post. "Who is More to Blame for the Destruction of Our Culture?" Really? Why does it even matter who is to blame or who carries more fault? 

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

That is a particularly stupid post. "Who is More to Blame for the Destruction of Our Culture?" Really? Why does it even matter who is to blame or who carries more fault? 

And who's saying our culture is being destroyed?  Changing, yes, but that's always been true. 

The only thing being destroyed is people's, especially young women's, willingness to listen to the likes of Lori and Ken.

Sorry Lorken, the world is passing you by.  Pisses you off, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori:

I think returning to the workforce and not having Ken to ride in on his Horse of TRUTH when she has no idea how to answer her readers, is pretty much the worst case scenario for Lori.  What the hell else would he be protecting her from?  

Great reasons to stay married!

She lives in a wealthy suburb of San Diego, in a home near the beach. What in the world does she need protection from? 

By the way, feminism also causes cancer, pollution, wilted flowers, overpriced avocados and it's responsible for the tic I found on my dog yesterday.

Come on, Lori, find a new horse to beat!

11 minutes ago, Hisey said:

She lives in a wealthy suburb of San Diego, in a home near the beach. What in the world does she need protection from?

I would say "absolutely nothing", but then this is the woman who couldn't even figure out that she should grab her pets and important documents and get the hell out of her house when she thought her neighborhood was about to burn down.

My son, Steven, from Texas, told me to call Jon, my son-in-law, and have him come over to be with me in case I needed to evacuate. He showed up shortly afterwards and told me to pack up right away. We needed to get out soon. {The picture above is the one he took as he was coming to get me.}

Of course her son-in-law has his own family to care for, and Lori drives, but perish the thought that she simply get in her car and leave.  That just wouldn't be feminine!

What to pack? I was paralyzed. I had no idea. Jon told me to get passports, birth certificates, etc. so I did. I went up into my room and grabbed a bit of my lotions, makeup, toothbrush, socks, and clothes. 

I know my Bath and Body collection and Covergirl eyeshadow would be the first thing I'd pack if I was evacuating my house.  You can pick up a new birth certificate at Wal-mart on the Important Document aisle, but where the hell would you get new slop to paint on your face???? 

36 minutes ago, Hisey said:

By the way, feminism also causes cancer, pollution, wilted flowers, overpriced avocados and it's responsible for the tic I found on my dog yesterday.

Come on, Lori, find a new horse to beat!

bbm -- Might I suggest beating Ken's horse of truth?

Unrelated, but this post title just cracks me up!!  The things certain Christian discuss and over analyze. Stinks of repression. 

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2015/03/29/is-it-wrong-for-a-man-to-be-a-gynecologist/

Get a load of the picture he uses. But wait if it is wrong and no man were to be a gynecologist, who would do it? Because clearly women can't be doctors. LOL. I guess you would just pray your gyno problems away. 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Unrelated, but this post title just cracks me up!!  The things certain Christian discuss and over analyze. Stinks of repression. 

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2015/03/29/is-it-wrong-for-a-man-to-be-a-gynecologist/

Get a load of the picture he uses. But wait if it is wrong and no man were to be a gynecologist, who would do it? Because clearly women can't be doctors. LOL. I guess you would just pray your gyno problems away. 

I like that he added this quote from Steven Anderson:

Do you know what every male gynecologist ought to do? He ought to take a scalpel and a lancet and cut out his own eye and throw it in the trash. That is what the Bible says. He ought to just remove his own eye. I am not kidding. He has got all the tools to do it. He ought to do it.”

Except the one Zsu Zsu used for her pregnancy with Boaz.  He'd have had a hard time caring for PP's wife if he'd taken that advice.

I did like that the author stated that arousal and lust are NOT the same thing, and that being aroused by/attracted to someone does not automatically = lust or sin.  He also says that if it was a sin to be sexually attracted to a woman, that men would have to walk around looking at their shoes--his tone implies that this is both silly and impossible, so I'm thinking he doesn't know about "Nike!" or "bouncing your eyes."  

(It's always reassuring when you find little nuggets of sanity here and there.)

Oh, god. And the first comment on that entry is a real winner:

In pondering this question (who's to blame more, men or women), I have concluded that women hold the key to societal health. Why? Because they are the virtue keepers. When women are virtuous, men pull themselves up to meet that level. When women jettison their virtue, men become swine.

So, women are completely responsible for the actions and behavior and morals of men. Like they don't have free will or anything. :roll:

American Taliban much?

Fundie Male Logic:  I want to be the Ruler of Everything, but still blame someone else when I fuck everything up. 

I had male OB/GYNs.  Should I try to have my four daughters put back inside my uterus and get them delivered by a woman midwife?  Two problems: my daughters wouldn't fit as they are no longer babies but grown women and I had a hysterectomy years ago.

"Who is more to blame for the destruction of our culture?"

Women women women women women fucking women. 

I repent my whorish female ways for cause godly men like Ken to stumble. I pledge to never leave my home lest I cause another man to stumble due to my soft femininity. [emoji1490]

20 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

Well, basically only the Letters to: the Corinthians 1 and 2, Romans, Galations, Phillipians, Philemon, 1 Thessalonican are considered authentic by most modern scholars. 

Especially the evidence againt Tituts being an authentic letter is pretty damning. The writing is totally different from the way Paul usually writes. The letters context indicates it was written some time after 80 AD. Paul died 50 AD. The church discribed in the letter seems more like a church - which happens well after Pauls death. Also the ideas in that letter are pretty different from the ones that are authentic for sure.

The people arguing against it are - for the most part - people who argue for the authenticity of all letters being from Paul. Or they are more evangelical scholars, which means their premise is completely different from most scientific theology. They seem to believe that those differences can be explained by it being written by a secretary of Pauls. But: they are the minority among "liberal" theological scholars. And the inauthenticity of this letter, as far as I know is pretty universally accepted in the theological community that I move in. Then again their authenticity started being questioned by German scholars and I am German. And generally the German theological community is more liberal than huge parts of the American one. But some parts of the American one are way more liberal than most parts here. American scholarship though, often seems to be more hesitant to classify something as forgery. 

That makes sense.  I would assume that it would written sometime after 70 AD, because that is when the Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans after a long siege.  If you read Titus in its entirely, it's basically all about not rocking the boat and not challenging authority.  To modern Western folks, it's pretty hard to read about not only wives obeying husbands, but slaves obeying masters and subjects obeying rulers.  If you look at what happened in Judea during the rebellions against Rome, though, it makes more sense.  The Jews felt oppressed by the Romans.  They rebelled.  The ultimate result was a complete disaster.  The Book of Titus is basically a long way of saying "Don't piss off Rome."

7 hours ago, Hera said:

Fundie Male Logic:  I want to be the Ruler of Everything, but still blame someone else when I fuck everything up. 

This is brilliant!

13 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I did like that the author stated that arousal and lust are NOT the same thing, and that being aroused by/attracted to someone does not automatically = lust or sin.  He also says that if it was a sin to be sexually attracted to a woman, that men would have to walk around looking at their shoes--his tone implies that this is both silly and impossible, so I'm thinking he doesn't know about "Nike!" or "bouncing your eyes."  

(It's always reassuring when you find little nuggets of sanity here and there.)

It would be nice if he admitted that women, too, feel lust, and that same sex attraction exists, and...Ok, I'm getting way too optimistic. 

11 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

I repent my whorish female ways for cause godly men like Ken to stumble. I pledge to never leave my home lest I cause another man to stumble due to my soft femininity. emoji1490.png

This is what I don't get of these FRAGILE men that can't contain their lust. Ugh!

"Soft femininity" I had to chuckle,  the last several summers I have itched  (possible sun allergy) so the last couple weeks I have had to wear my hair up. My hair is not really long enough for a pony tail - when up its shorter than a Rotwiller tail. But I can gather my hair and put it back it doesn't aggravate my already itchy skin. Most days I try and put it up at my desk or while driving but one day I had to keep it up all day long. Mind you, I think it looks awful. One of my male coworkers noticed said he never sees me with hair up and he thought it looked nice. So even when I think I looked ugly, I caused a man to stumble. (According to lorkin, bates, duggars, etc)

News flash for all you "nike" dipshits - just because coworker complimented me doesn't mean he wanted to jump my bones. Even if he was turned on by it, I am not aware of it because, well, he didn't act like a dog in heat. Fundie men need to grow the hell up!

Women being the keeper of all men's wrongs makes my blood boil, in case you hadn't noticed. 

On 6/2/2016 at 1:08 PM, Koala said:

I would say "absolutely nothing", but then this is the woman who couldn't even figure out that she should grab her pets and important documents and get the hell out of her house when she thought her neighborhood was about to burn down.

Of course her son-in-law has his own family to care for, and Lori drives, but perish the thought that she simply get in her car and leave.  That just wouldn't be feminine!

I know my Bath and Body collection and Covergirl eyeshadow would be the first thing I'd pack if I was evacuating my house.  You can pick up a new birth certificate at Wal-mart on the Important Document aisle, but where the hell would you get new slop to paint on your face???? 

Oh my!  Did she really say she grabbed her make up and lotion?  Some clothes? OK, but make up before pets or important documents or even family photos is just absurd.  Years ago the house next to us was on fire, so we packed up some things and put them in our cars just in case it spread to our home.  The first thing I did was put our cat in her cage and sit her in the yard. Then I got the file box of important documents and all of our photo albums.  Only after that did i pack clothes and such.

And don't get me started on how she was incapable of packing her make up and driving away on her own without a man. My husband was home when the neighbors had their fire, but he stayed with them while I packed. 

P.S. A good idea now days is to scan your important docs and keep them in your e-mail.  That's what I do now. 

And today Lori paints herself as one of the view warriors against the silent evil that oozes through homes where the mother is gone making money so she can take vacations.

Mothers are called to guide their homes. Yes, I beat this drum often but few are willing to beat it. I am trying to reason with as many women who will listen. 

She says the president is condoning the spread of evil. What is she referring to? Lori's writing and logic are worsening. Even within her own worldview, she seems to be making less sense these days.

I saw the evil reigning in homes where mothers weren't home growing up.

Sooooo, mothers need to be at home growing up?

I love the picture Lori uses in her evil reigns post.

Apparently, if you don't stay home with your kids your house will turn into the Munster's home.  Although I do believe Lilly Munster was a stay at home mom.

One of her commenters appears to have a young feminist in the making but mom isn't encouraging it;

Sarah · 2 hours ago

"I had a talk with my young daughter who is often lamenting that all the history is about boys and not girls. She was surprised to hear that most of these great men will give credit to either wives or mothers for becoming the great men they were. That while the women aren't who we hear about or speak about, their job behind the scenes is equally as valuable and important. When I submitted to my husband is finally was able to feel free, to be able to be cherished and cared for and protected. Women are too often trying to do this themselves and lose the gift that God meant for us. I would rather be a cherished ruby than a work horse any day."

Fun in the comments on "destroying the culture" post:

A Lori Fangirl:
that being said, i think both men and women go into marriage with very high expectations (men maybe intimacy every night, homemade meals every night, clean house, fun vacations) - women (constant romance, etc etc) and don't realize that marriage is sometimes going to bed angry, being frustrated over who is taking the trash out, picking up other peoples dirty socks, and compromise compromise compromise. it's the biggest job we have besides being parents- is being someones lifelong partner.

Lori Alexander:

We should be teaching women to NOT go to bed angry with their husbands but to respect and obey them. If their husband doesn't take the trash out, they should take the trash out! Same goes for picking up his dirty socks, for the greatest of all is the servant of all in God's kingdom. There doesn't have to be "compromise, compromise, compromise" if the husband and wife understand their God-ordained roles clearly and obeys them.

In other words, there's no need for compromise as long as the husband gets what he wants.

However, I found her views on Trump to be interesting.  Guess it takes one to know one...

Lori:

His own words have betrayed him, Rebecca. I have watched the debates and his interviews. He is not a kind man. He is a bully and mean. It is tragic that we have no decent men running for the highest position in our land. I pray weekly for our country. I know prayer is powerful and I trust the Lord.

3 hours ago, molecule said:

And today Lori paints herself as one of the view warriors against the silent evil that oozes through homes where the mother is gone making money so she can take vacations.

Oh yes, Lori, I work and sure love all the nice vacations I take.  Not!  We usually get a nice trip every 5 years at the most. Other than that, we visit family, or we may get to spend ONE night at the beach per year. 

We are not in debt either except for our mortgage. We have no car payments or student loans. The credit card has very little on it.  Most of the time we can pay that off each month.    

I'm thankful God provides my needs through the job He gave me.

I work because my husband (who is a conservative Baptist pastor) asked me to because that is how he feels I can best be his help mate (I say it that way because "help meet" is just dumb).  My income is being saved for retirement and our kids college. And yes, my kids go to school because THEY want to. I was willing to homeschool, but the first thing they said was they did not want to be stuck in the house all day. Besides, most teachers are decent people. Even the public school teachers my kids had were nice church going people who taught reading, writing, and arithmetic. There was no evil indoctrination

Go take a jump, Lori.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived