IGNORED

Lori Alexander learning less than ever- Part 7

This woman is horrible. Telling girls they are not being asked out cause they are not pretty or slim? Bitch, don't make me punch you in the face. How incredibly judgmental (read NOT Christ-like) is that shit? And that woman who posted bout her marriage, now, that is pure love and courage. Good for her. And Lori, fuck you. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitch be trippin'...I was not Miss America...I'm short, squat, big boned and muscular...you get asked out based on MORE than looks...I dated guys who could have had the models (yeah, they were HOT) who didn't because they didn't like the airhead deal. Some guys think that a girl who can rebuild an engine is sexy. 

Hubby was one of those HAWT guys back in the day...he chased my ass down bigtime...20 years and 50 lbs later...homeboy still thinks he has the finest piece of ass on earth. I think he needs to have his eyes checked...but I don't argue with him...

Both Lori and Debi Pearl are trapped in shitty marriages and are doing nothing more than trying to justify how weak willed they both are. Both have raised children in an abusive house holds and have taken great pleasure from watching and joining their pathetic husbands in beating the small children they were supposed to love and protect. I think with both women it's a power thing. They have no power in their marriage so chose to inflict pain and misery on babies and children just to prove to their ego that they have power and control over something. 

Theresa on the other hand showed great bravery, and did the best for herself and children, so of course Lori has to attack her... She's jealous and is doing the classic bully response!

10 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Bitch be trippin'...I was not Miss America...I'm short, squat, big boned and muscular...you get asked out based on MORE than looks...I dated guys who could have had the models (yeah, they were HOT) who didn't because they didn't like the airhead deal. Some guys think that a girl who can rebuild an engine is sexy. 

Hubby was one of those HAWT guys back in the day...he chased my ass down bigtime...20 years and 50 lbs later...homeboy still thinks he has the finest piece of ass on earth. I think he needs to have his eyes checked...but I don't argue with him...

Bow chicka bow wow!!! 

24 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

Bow chicka bow wow!!! 

One of my best friend says that to us ALL the time :)

46 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Well, apparently looks are all Lori has going for her. As people point out in this thread, she's a self-described bully, and we have a shitton of evidence to suggest she's a judgy, hypocritical bitch. So it's not surprising that she is generalizing her experience to others. She had to get by on looks; therefore, all women have to get by on their looks.

She ain't that great looking either. I'm quite happy being me...and knowing that my 200lb self is enough to make my hubby utterly hormonal. 

Bitch!

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Both Lori and Debi Pearl are trapped in shitty marriages and are doing nothing more than trying to justify how weak willed they both are. Both have raised children in an abusive house holds and have taken great pleasure from watching and joining their pathetic husbands in beating the small children they were supposed to love and protect. I think with both women it's a power thing. They have no power in their marriage so chose to inflict pain and misery on babies and children just to prove to their ego that they have power and control over something. 

Theresa on the other hand showed great bravery, and did the best for herself and children, so of course Lori has to attack her... She's jealous and is doing the classic bully response!

I agree that Debi had no power, but I'm not so sure about Lori. I suspect Lori was a horrible person to have to live with for much of their marriage. That's not to say Ken was easy to live with -- I think he was just as awful, to be honest. But ... I don't think she was in any way powerless. I think she only lost control when the kids grew up and moved out, and Ken had the very real opportunity to get the hell out. With the possibility of losing her free ride, Lori had to shape up. Hell, I think she STILL has a lot of control -- through manipulation. I think she's a manipulative, conniving monster. (Again, Ken has his own issues, and I'm glad the two of them have each other instead of being free to make anyone else miserable, but still ... )

I'm also getting a really weird vibe from her postings lately that maybe all is not right in Alexanderville. I can't quite put my finger on it, though.

3 minutes ago, polecat said:

I'm also getting a really weird vibe from her postings lately that maybe all is not right in Alexanderville. I can't quite put my finger on it, though.

Any time that these people start blathering on and on about what a great [insert noun here - marriage, husband, wife, parent, Christian] they have/are and how theirs is the Only True Way, it sets off my bullshit meter.  There is almost always something very ugly lurking under the surface.  See: The Duggars and raising "godly" children; any religious conservative involved in a sex scandal; etc.  With all the flowcharts and pontificating and just plain old self praise and congratulation, this is starting to have a "the lady doest protest too much" feel to it.

34 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

But what looks? She's pretty blah looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot see her without thinking of the Bargewoman from Wind in the Willows (which I LOVED as a child). 

Make of that whatever you will.

39 minutes ago, polecat said:

I've been getting that vibe, too. I've been wondering if her health problems have escalated or if there is trouble between Lori and one of the kids or kids-in-law.

21 hours ago, Curious said:

So active would be Zombies dusted the ceiling fan, yes?

Yup.

Zombies dust the ceiling fans. --  active

The ceiling fans are dusted by zombies.  --  passive

The ceiling fans are dusted once a week -- divine passive

Advanced class: These are the verbs that have given me the most trouble, because I tend to think they are passive, but they aren't.

Zombies are the dusters of ceiling fans. -- state of being verb: Sort of in between active and passive. The zombies aren't exactly actors in the sentence, but they aren't being acted upon, either. We are learning what they are (fan dusters), their state of being.

I am a rock, I am an island. -- more state of being

I feel lousy. -- more state of being

Now I must stop or I will start talking about predicate adjectives and predicate nominatives, and a total thread hijack at least should be interesting....

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Yup.

Advanced class: These are the verbs that have given me the most trouble, because I tend to think they are passive, but they aren't.

Zombies are the dusters of ceiling fans. -- state of being verb: Sort of in between active and passive. The zombies aren't exactly actors in the sentence, but they aren't being acted upon, either. We are learning what they are (fan dusters), their state of being.

Now I must stop or I will start talking about predicate adjectives and predicate nominatives, and a total thread hijack at least should be interesting....

Super interesting.

I taught an undergrad grammar class last year for the first time. It was like having to learn all of this stuff all over again. :pb_lol:

The text I used for this class called these verbs Linking Verbs or "BE" verbs. As you point out, I remember learning these as "state of being" verbs.

17 hours ago, Koala said:

This carpet never needs to be vacuumed! It shows nothing.

This might have been covered because I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but this sentence really shows how dumb Lori is.   The old carpet needed vacuuming because it showed everything.  The new carpet doesn't need vacuuming because it doesn't show anything.

Uh Lori, just because you can't see stuff on the new carpet doesn't mean it just magically does not exist.  If you are never vacuuming your new carpet because nothing shows up, I can't imagine how gross (and I kind of think carpet is gross to begin with) your carpet must be.    I hope you are not letting your grandchildren crawl around on your nasty ass new carpet :(

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Yup.

I actually love this stuff because I apparently slept through all those millions of sentences I had to diagram in school.  I am not a great writer and don't aspire to be one, really.  However, I do try to improve myself where I can and this is an area where I would be happy to improve.

I think I will start a new thread about this, in fact.   I bet I'm not the only one that would be interested in hearing more.

On 4/7/2016 at 7:58 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

@refugee to build on what @molecule said I have done something similar. My almost 4 year old is usually good in church but sometimes she plays "take a nose" game and when she starts being loud she is put down (she likes to be held so she can see) and we will pick her up when she is good and immediately put her back down when she is naughty again. We have been doing this since she was old enough to sit up on her own and now the punishment of putting her down is used infrequently. When she has gotten really loud in church, I take her out, we have a talk and she doesn't get a donut after church (but her sisters can) but then I take her back into church. I didn't want her to learn, I am naughty, I get to leave. (She has only had to watch her sisters eat a donut without her once.) The key consistency and persistence. It takes time to change behavior without violence.

Consistency and persistence is not always easy, but it always works!

14 hours ago, polecat said:

I agree that Debi had no power, but I'm not so sure about Lori. I suspect Lori was a horrible person to have to live with for much of their marriage. That's not to say Ken was easy to live with -- I think he was just as awful, to be honest. But ... I don't think she was in any way powerless. I think she only lost control when the kids grew up and moved out, and Ken had the very real opportunity to get the hell out. With the possibility of losing her free ride, Lori had to shape up. Hell, I think she STILL has a lot of control -- through manipulation. I think she's a manipulative, conniving monster. (Again, Ken has his own issues, and I'm glad the two of them have each other instead of being free to make anyone else miserable, but still ... )

That's a fair point. I'm probably giving Lori reasoning for her horrific behavior when, in all honesty, some people are just born evil! 

Just to say - this is how I feel about her!

9 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

I taught an undergrad grammar class last year for the first time. It was like having to learn all of this stuff all over again. :pb_lol:

The text I used for this class called these verbs Linking Verbs or "BE" verbs. As you point out, I remember learning these as "state of being" verbs.

Exactly where I'm at--I started teaching a "writing structure" class a few years ago and I had a lot of reviewing to do to get to the point where I could explain a rule. I learned the zombie trick from a student.

Thanks for the linking verbs reminder. I wanted to add that term when I posted previously but I had a senior moment and couldn't remember it. I went to bed instead of waiting up for it to wander back into my brain.

Heading over to the new thread, where we may dangle with the modifiers and hop along on our one-legged commas.

18 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I love how we think the stereo typical beauties and skinny women are airheads.......How progressive

What? Are you talking about FJ posters? I hate the stereotypes about skinny, pretty women, but I don't see it on this thread. 

Just now, iweartanktops said:

What? Are you talking about FJ posters? I hate the stereotypes about skinny, pretty women, but I don't see it on this thread. 

At the top of this page.....

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived